The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: 2024

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:26 am
old salt wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:39 pm Jim Webb presaged the emergence of J D Vance.

https://ashbrook.org/viewpoint/oped-owens-04-webb/

Before dissing Vance as a grifter, scam artist or opportunist, take the time to understand him.
You might conclude that he's trying to accomplish some things that you agree with.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?419678-4/ ... illy-elegy

https://www.c-span.org/video/?415207-1/qa-jd-vance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVvuTKWzOcs
....and you're going to rip him apart if he doesn't help the working class, and call him a phony, right?

Or are you going to make excuses?
Let's see what he does. He gave up a lucrative career to move back to southern Ohio to address the problems there. He's put down a marker & has come a long way in a short time. Let's see if he makes a good faith effort to make things better.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Ohio republiCON afraid of Kamala. They are threatening a civil war if she is elected. What losers!! :roll: :lol: :lol: What happened to the more button downed, sane republiCONs Orange Duce promised??
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:05 pm
Ohio republiCON afraid of Kamala. They are threatening a civil war if she is elected. What losers!! :roll: :lol: :lol: What happened to the more button downed, sane republiCONs Orange Duce promised??
“"I believe wholeheartedly Donald Trump and Butler County's JD Vance are the last chance to save our country,” Lang said. “Politically, I'm afraid if we lose this one, it's going to take a civil war to save the country — and it will be saved.”

Sounds Sumter-esque. Is this clown ready to throw down? Will he be in the streets, or cowering in his bunker?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:31 pm
“"I believe wholeheartedly Donald Trump and Butler County's JD Vance are the last chance to save our country,” Lang said. “Politically, I'm afraid if we lose this one, it's going to take a civil war to save the country — and it will be saved.”

Sounds Sumter-esque. Is this clown ready to throw down? Will he be in the streets, or cowering in his bunker?
Wow, that's almost Democrat paranoid like in tone and delivery. Is it possible for 2 skys to fall at the same time?🙄
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
ggait

Post by ggait »

Really like that new lowered temp on the rhetoric.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:26 pm

Wow, that's almost Democrat paranoid like in tone and delivery. Is it possible for 2 skys to fall at the same time?🙄
Exactly. Evidently Lang is a probability distribution, not a point.

And you? Distribution or point in your quantum of discontent?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

ggait wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:30 pm Really like that new lowered temp on the rhetoric.
You didn't get the memo, they just want Dems to lower the temp on any rhetoric. Even when the dude didn't seem to do it based off the D's rhetoric.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:39 pm

My only quantum of disconnect is my garden hasn't provided me with my first beefsteak tomato so I can enjoy my first BLT of summer. Outside of that my life is cool and groovy man like really far out.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:52 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:30 pm Really like that new lowered temp on the rhetoric.
You didn't get the memo, they just want Dems to lower the temp on any rhetoric. Even when the dude didn't seem to do it based off the D's rhetoric.
... exactly. :lol:
ggait

Post by ggait »

83% of Dems approve of Joe stepping aside.

79% of Dems approve of Harris being the nominee.

Harris raised $81M in the first 24 hours after Joe stepped aside. Most of it first time, small dollar donors. Most of whom have signed up to be recurring donors.

So the truth is that the elites are listening to and following the grass roots.

Off to a much better than expected start!
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

So I still can’t use the “R” word?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

He’s a spider hole dude like saddam
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:39 pm

I would say absolute skew where distribution equals point/
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ggait wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:40 pm 83% of Dems approve of Joe stepping aside.

Harris raised $81M in the first 24 hours after Joe stepped aside. Most of it first time, small dollar donors. Most of whom have signed up to be recurring donors.

Reluctant agreement for many I suspect. In this circumstance it’s like a fire sale “fill or kill” so you don’t have much decent choice.

I don’t think this was planned like the idiot rep politicians are claiming already but it still stinks to high hell. Let’s not forget that. Kamala ran one of
The very worst primaries and was eviscerated in a large piece maybe the hill or Politico about her being a terrible boss and jerk. She was pushed to a corner worse than Juliet Louis Dreyfus’s in veep. Doesn’t matter that it was piss poor execution they should have some open forum of choice.

Would she have won a primary this year? I doubt it.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:18 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:40 pm 83% of Dems approve of Joe stepping aside.

Reluctant agreement for many I suspect. In this circumstance it’s like a fire sale “fill or kill” so you don’t have much decent choice.

I don’t think this was planned like the idiot rep politicians are claiming already but it still stinks to high hell. Let’s not forget that. Kamala ran one of
The very worst primaries and was eviscerated in a large piece maybe the hill or Politico about her being a terrible boss and jerk. She was pushed to a corner worse than Juliet Louis Dreyfus’s in veep. Doesn’t matter that it was piss poor execution they should have some open forum of choice.

... she is the only democrat that currently has federal level executive experience beside Biden. I suspect if Biden had decided not to run, and he endorsed Harris -- she would have won. If he had decided not to run and did not endorse Harris, she probably would not have won earlier and we would be stuck with someone older than (59 yrs old) her. I really didn't care for her initially. She has learned a great deal and I have no trouble with her being the party candidate now. She is a much better campaigner now.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:30 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:18 pm

... she is the only democrat that currently has federal level executive experience beside Biden. I suspect if Biden had decided not to run, and he endorsed Harris -- she would have won. If he had decided not to run and did not endorse Harris, she probably would not have won earlier and we would be stuck with someone older than (59 yrs old) her. I really didn't care for her initially. She has learned a great deal and I have no trouble with her being the party candidate now. She is a much better campaigner now.
Forced bad choices from weak/poor execution and planning just drives me insane when a grade school kid like my son would figure it out.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

How long before YA or OS repeats a cute nickname given to Kamala Harris by Trump or someone on social media? Over or under 3.5 days?
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:54 pm How long before YA or OS repeats a cute nickname given to Kamala Harris by Trump or someone on social media? Over or under 3.5 days?
Best chance the Dems have is Trump crosses too many lines with a black woman as his support is bolstered meaningfully by gains in minorities. If he loses them she’s got a small chance. Hope she puts the right team together .

Ironically I’m pissed at that sorry and don’t know if I’m that constructive on her if you gave me a full field and normal conditions and yet it’s likely to get me to move from not voting for pres to voting Dem for the second time in my life (for pres) in a tight state.

Doesn’t make it all sweet though .
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone. That sound familiar? The political animosity is baked into the cake. Your opining for civility on a forum where it was never designed to exist in the first place.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:56 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:54 pm How long before YA or OS repeats a cute nickname given to Kamala Harris by Trump or someone on social media? Over or under 3.5 days?
Best chance the Dems have is Trump crosses too many lines with a black woman as his support is bolstered meaningfully by gains in minorities. If he loses them she’s got a small chance. Hope she puts the right team together .

Ironically I’m pissed at that sorry and don’t know if I’m that constructive on her if you gave me a full field and normal conditions and yet it’s likely to get me to move from not voting for pres to voting Dem for the second time in my life (for pres) in a tight state.

Doesn’t make it all sweet though .
Code already is “DEI candidate.”

Return to “POLITICS”