Trump Rally and Possible Shooting or Explosions?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Trump Rally and Possible Shooting or Explosions?

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:34 am
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:02 am
Kismet wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 5:35 am
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 1:46 am Supreme arrogance.
Well, you oughta know all about arrogance. You display it rather regularly around here. :oops:
That's rich, coming from you. I don't question the faith or patriotism of others, just because they disagree with me. Can you say the same ?
Yup. I sleep like a baby...every night. :lol:
Does that mean you cry a lot? My youngest son had brutal episodes of colic when he was a baby. There were many hours spent holding him while sitting on the couch wondering which one of us would fall asleep first.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:59 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:54 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:47 am
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:17 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 8:05 pm
Kismet wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:47 pm WHISTLEBLOWER ALERT

Gym Jordan claims SS whistleblowers are telling him that SS short-shrifted Fatso coverage for NATO summit.

MUAHAAAAAAAA
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What portion of that is funny?
Both the RNC & NATO Summit are National Security Special Events (NSSE), which draw security personnel from numerous Federal, state & local agencies, with the Secret Service in command. This is a busy time for the Secret Service.

https://mpdc.dc.gov/page/2024-nato-summ ... 20Columbia.
NSSE Event Notice: North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Summit 2024
Tuesday, July 9 - Thursday, July 11, 2024

https://www.federalregister.gov/documen ... t%20(NSSE).
The Republican National Convention will take place in Milwaukee, WI from July 13, 2024, until July 19, 2024. The Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security has designated the 2024 Republican National Convention as a National Special Security Event (NSSE). NSSE's are significant events, which, due to their political, economic, social, or religious significance, may render them particularly attractive targets of terrorism or other criminal activity. The Federal government provides support, assistance, and resources to state and local governments to ensure public safety and security during NSSE's.
The vast majority of those involved with the NATO Summit (outside of USSS staff) were relieved of their obligation by Thursday afternoon/evening, I have first hand knowledge of this.
So the idea of reassigning these security personnel to a woefully understaffed and overwhelmed secret service never occured to the people in charge...imagine that!! :roll:
The Secret Service personnel probably had to be in WI a few days before the RNC started.

We"ll probably learn that local police in PA could have been used to provide rooftop overwatch.
Didn't need Secret Service or snipers for that. Police officers with gun, binoc, & radio would suffice.
Just needed to be organized in planning stage & directed to do it.
I believe law enforcement has a term for that, it's called a coordinated effort where all agencies are on the same page and especially the same radio frequency.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

FBI director won't answer any questions next week regarding the trump assassination attempt. I was unaware that him choosing to not answer questions wasn't an option but a requirement of his job title. This is yet another shovel full of dirt on the casket of transparency.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:17 am FBI director won't answer any questions next week regarding the trump assassination attempt. I was unaware that him choosing to not answer questions wasn't an option but a requirement of his job title. This is yet another shovel full of dirt on the casket of transparency.
He and his organization are in the midst of an ongoing criminal investigation which may explain his decision. They are not going to say anything publicly at this point.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 1:35 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:17 am FBI director won't answer any questions next week regarding the trump assassination attempt. I was unaware that him choosing to not answer questions wasn't an option but a requirement of his job title. This is yet another shovel full of dirt on the casket of transparency.
He and his organization are in the midst of an ongoing criminal investigation which may explain his decision. They are not going to say anything publicly at this point.
I understand that. It is very likely there are other pertinent questions he may very well be able to answer. No matter how you look at it the optics are not very good. Declining the request, especially for the FBI director, is another blemish on the importance of transparency. You know what the cynical people out there will think and the conspiracy theories will increase 10 fold.
Bob Ross:
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

FBI deep state will hold off until a week before the election to announce a new investigation into Hillary.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:52 pm FBI deep state will hold off until a week before the election to announce a new investigation into Hillary.
It's about damn time!! :D
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Trump says Secret Service did not warn him about gunman before assassination attempt

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/trump ... on-attempt
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:22 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:52 pm FBI deep state will hold off until a week before the election to announce a new investigation into Hillary.
I was being semi-facetious, but with Biden bowing out, imagine Hillary vs. Donald 2.0. It could happen!
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:55 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:22 am
I was being semi-facetious, but with Biden bowing out, imagine Hillary vs. Donald 2.0. It could happen!
Wouldn't that be special? :D
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

US Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle has tendered her resignation - appropriate after her disastrous performance at yesterday's Congressional hearing.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:40 am US Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle has tendered her resignation - appropriate after her disastrous performance at yesterday's Congressional hearing.
Good. Yesterday’s “hearing” was a bad, profane drama class. And she was a terrible witness and representative of the USSS.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Yet another insightful analysis by NYT on the advantage the shooter had initially over counter-snipers

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... ipers.html

"NYT used drone photography to build a 3-D model and recreate the lines of sight for both the gunman, Thomas Matthew Crooks, and three teams of countersnipers — two federal and one local. The analysis shows that Mr. Crooks, 20, who appears to have flown a drone to survey the site the morning of the rally, exploited one of the few blind spots within a rifle’s range of Mr. Trump, raising questions about serious lapses in security planning for the event."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:34 am Yet another insightful analysis by NYT on the advantage the shooter had initially over counter-snipers

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... ipers.html

"NYT used drone photography to build a 3-D model and recreate the lines of sight for both the gunman, Thomas Matthew Crooks, and three teams of countersnipers — two federal and one local. The analysis shows that Mr. Crooks, 20, who appears to have flown a drone to survey the site the morning of the rally, exploited one of the few blind spots within a rifle’s range of Mr. Trump, raising questions about serious lapses in security planning for the event."
You would have thought someone flying a drone around the area where the rally was being held is something that would have been brought to the attention of the secret service? The new director of the secret service has an awful lot of work ahead of him/her.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:07 pm Trump says Secret Service did not warn him about gunman before assassination attempt

According to reporting and the questioning yesterday, the detail itself was aware of "suspicious" but not "threat"; he wasn't a "gunman", he was just acting suspiciously...huge mistake obviously, but not one which was about not telling Trump himself. They didn't know there was a gun when he got on stage.

Obviously, in retrospect, "suspicious" should have been enough. But maybe there's lots of "suspicious" folks at these rallies???

What I still didn't hear was why when there were multiple communications of a gun did the "suspicious" not go off the charts to "threat" and "gunman".

Sure, there's an investigation, but this felt like another closing of the ranks ala the Trump Admin SS cover-up of what went down Jan 6, the wiping of phones subsequently, etc. Really, really bad culture problem...heck, Trump having his SS guy promoted into the WH staff, ridiculously wrong culturally.

Who knows whether she was trying to change the culture, but man she fell flat yesterday, leading to the most prominent Dems on the Committee calling for her resignation, from Vice Chair Raskin to AOC.

Gotta give straight answers or have a darn tootin good reason for withholding sensitive info. If you don't know the answers, why not...be clear as heck and demonstrate some urgency to know. She fell flat.

The dumb stuff about DEI was stupid culture war nonsense; the SS has had a problem apparently through multiple leaderships. She's a 30 year veteran, so deeply embedded in whatever the culture problems actually exist...if she was a change agent, she sure didn't demonstrate it yesterday.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 12:48 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:07 pm Trump says Secret Service did not warn him about gunman before assassination attempt

According to reporting and the questioning yesterday, the detail itself was aware of "suspicious" but not "threat"; he wasn't a "gunman", he was just acting suspiciously...huge mistake obviously, but not one which was about not telling Trump himself. They didn't know there was a gun when he got on stage.

Obviously, in retrospect, "suspicious" should have been enough. But maybe there's lots of "suspicious" folks at these rallies???

What I still didn't hear was why when there were multiple communications of a gun did the "suspicious" not go off the charts to "threat" and "gunman".

Sure, there's an investigation, but this felt like another closing of the ranks ala the Trump Admin SS cover-up of what went down Jan 6, the wiping of phones subsequently, etc. Really, really bad culture problem...heck, Trump having his SS guy promoted into the WH staff, ridiculously wrong culturally.

Who knows whether she was trying to change the culture, but man she fell flat yesterday, leading to the most prominent Dems on the Committee calling for her resignation, from Vice Chair Raskin to AOC.

Gotta give straight answers or have a darn tootin good reason for withholding sensitive info. If you don't know the answers, why not...be clear as heck and demonstrate some urgency to know. She fell flat.

The dumb stuff about DEI was stupid culture war nonsense; the SS has had a problem apparently through multiple leaderships. She's a 30 year veteran, so deeply embedded in whatever the culture problems actually exist...if she was a change agent, she sure didn't demonstrate it yesterday.
I agree with much of this. I think this was semantics on her part, using 'Suspicious' and 'Threat' terms, to give her wiggle room

I think pushing her out, while all this is going on, was a bad decision....unless they already have everything they need, intel wise. Otherwise, all they need to do now is blame her for everything and the problem goes away; it satisfies the optics but does not treat the problem. I would have made her stick it out through the pain of the investigation. If that was me.....I'd want to be front and center and dredge through the agony of something this important and figure out where I fugged up; there should have been an AAR performed within 24 to 48 hours to get everyone at least 2/3rds the way there. And in the end, since I knew I was going to likely be let go afterwards, I could air what changes need to happen, which often gets caught in red tape and bureaucracy.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:46 pm

I agree with much of this. I think this was semantics on her part, using 'Suspicious' and 'Threat' terms, to give her wiggle room

I think pushing her out, while all this is going on, was a bad decision....unless they already have everything they need, intel wise. Otherwise, all they need to do now is blame her for everything and the problem goes away; it satisfies the optics but does not treat the problem. I would have made her stick it out through the pain of the investigation. If that was me.....I'd want to be front and center and dredge through the agony of something this important and figure out where I fugged up; there should have been an AAR performed within 24 to 48 hours to get everyone at least 2/3rds the way there. And in the end, since I knew I was going to likely be let go afterwards, I could air what changes need to happen, which often gets caught in red tape and bureaucracy.
After her public performance, there was little of no choice IMHO.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:51 pm

Agreed.....which tells me this was the plan all along, to stone wall systemic failures in security across all the 3-letter agencies.

My good friend retired from the USSS 5 years ago, primarily because they are overworked, underappreciated, and have little to no faimly/life balance...and he was a single man. He was burned out...overtime was not an option, is was mandatory.
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:00 pm

Agreed.....which tells me this was the plan all along, to stone wall systemic failures in security across all the 3-letter agencies.

My good friend retired from the USSS 5 years ago, primarily because they are overworked, underappreciated, and have little to no faimly/life balance...and he was a single man. He was burned out...overtime was not an option, is was mandatory.
Who the F would want these jobs? Where the expectation is perfect, with nothing missed. Day after day after day.

Makes me wonder how many hours these cats work a week...... and if THAT is the problem.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:17 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:00 pm

Who the F would want these jobs? Where the expectation is perfect, with nothing missed. Day after day after day.

Makes me wonder how many hours these cats work a week...... and if THAT is the problem.
USSS was ranked something like 410/462 worst places to work in the gov't, according to OPM in 2023.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”