The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: 2024

Post by njbill »

DMac wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:39 pm Cocksucker goes through but big ballzz get changed to "serious courage". Makes sense.
Big Nuts'll work though.
:lol:

Sounds like a man who has done some serious research.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:06 pm
njbill wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:32 pm
ggait wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:16 pm
njbill wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:11 pm Really bad news. Just handed the White House to Trump I fear.
Really good news. For Joe and the country.

Joe was handing Trump the WH by staying in. So at least he dodges that personal legacy albatross.

And now there’s an improved chance. Though still not great.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.
I thought we weren’t going to discuss this anymore. That lasted less than 24 hours.

Joe is handing the White House to Trump by pulling out. The cocksucking back stabbers have won.

Now we will never know if Joe could’ve won. But we will know that Harris will lose this election. Mark my words. I have rarely been surer of anything.
How on earth did you get that word through?
The phpBB software does exact matches, not partial. And it starts off with a basic word list that the admin has to manually update. So it might miss and -ers or -er or -ing or mixed or obfuscated version.

Fun reading on the partial match problem: Scunthorpe problem
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The Liberal Redneck knows JD Vance personally

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Orange Duce picks a BITCOIN supporter as his treasury secretary. Like this should surprise anyone - NOT! :lol: :lol: Wonder whose choice that really was. - NOT. :lol: :lol:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Jim Webb presaged the emergence of J D Vance.

https://ashbrook.org/viewpoint/oped-owens-04-webb/

Before dissing Vance as a grifter, scam artist or opportunist, take the time to understand him.
You might conclude that he's trying to accomplish some things that you agree with.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?419678-4/ ... illy-elegy

https://www.c-span.org/video/?415207-1/qa-jd-vance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVvuTKWzOcs
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Nicki Haley PAC announces support for Kamala Harris.

PS: Since the Biden announcement, folks at the $20 Window have donated nearly $50 million to Kamala over a 5 hour period!
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Biden should resign soon. He's fit to be president (and for the next 4 years), but rather to screw over all the 45/47 and Project 47 Agenda and other 47 Trump merchandise. Would be hilarious.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:24 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:10 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:00 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:05 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 4:20 pm Part of me believe the DNC wanted to pick their candidate after the primary all along. Tye push ramps up after the primary (this is the phase we are in now), Joe then removes himself as the 2024 candidate before the DNC, they vote in their new candidate just before of during the convention, that way Joe and Kamala are bounced at the same time. The excitement is back with vengeance, puts Trump into a 180 counter-punch figuring out how to tackle the new candidates.

I think that would be in the best interest of the country.
I spoke to Joe and the DNC recently. ;)
So....now the Dems have the high ground, Youth. They got rid of their guy because he was unfit for office.

Your turn now....when is your team going to get rid of Trump? (crickets)
Well 2 inches to the right and the trump problem would have been solved.
Proving Republicans aren’t as good of shots as they think they are…
I wonder if the secret service sniper was a Republican? Whatever the case trump was one lucky SoB.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:21 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:03 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:01 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:56 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:10 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:20 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:47 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:21 pm I do not believe Moore or Shapiro want the VP position, in fact I think Moore has come out and said he will remain MD governor, he is not interested in President this cycle.

Beshear is good, Kelly is good. Personally l like Kelly best, something of an American hero (for VP).

Kamala will generate more excitement with the base than any of the named.

You know I think back, didn't the democrats nominate and win with some guy in a wheelchair. Can't remember his name. Was president a bunch of times. Wish I could remember his name.
I believe when people see Kamala eat Donald’s lunch head to head, they may have a different opinion of her. Someone with have a brain will come across much better than The Donald. His act has gotten stale. Saw Mark Burns using his schtick. Right down to the “I can’t see in the back…is the Mainstream Media here…..? The people in the audience look bored. Crowds look smaller, older and poorer…. Kamala is much smarter than him and she has a logical mind developed as a career prosecutor. A friend told me years ago, he would hate to be married to her and have to answer her questions😂😂😂
I would hate to be married to her and listen to that annoying cackling laugh. As to if she is smarter than trump, her IQ is right up there with a turnip. Hell even AOC wants her off of any ticket if Joe pulls the plug on his 2nd term. I find it hard to believe Harris will ever resonate with mainstream Americans.
But you don’t find it hard to believe that Donald Trump resonated with mainstream Americans?
"Mainstream Americans" is code.
(as you know)
I don't speak in code MD. I say what I think. I know exactly why trump resonated with mainstream America and I believe you so as well. FTR I never voted for him and I will not this time around.
You meant white America, cradle.
Feel free to explain exactly what you meant otherwise, but that's what its coded meaning is, whether consciously or unconsciously.

BTW, I think she can resonate fine with a large portion of "mainstream"...but not all, and particularly less so with white men, and even less so with less educated white men...that latter group "resonates" with Trump much more...
No sir, I meant mainstream America. In my world mainstream America includes everyone irregardless of the color of their skin. In your world all you see are hidden meanings that don't exist IMO. FTR when I say trumps message resonates with mainstream America that doesn't mean that mainstream America necessarily agrees with the message. Is the gist of your point suppose to be that only well educated people are capable of understanding the big picture?

I believe us uneducated folks rely on something that is sorely lacking among many of the well educated in this country. I'm referring to that phenomenon called " common sense " You don't need a college degree to understand that both parties are failing miserably when it comes to doing the job they were elected to do.
So, if nearly 50% of America will support her, and perhaps, like every other candidate who has run against Trump, more than 50%, which part of "mainstream" will not "resonate" with her? What "message" of her candidacy does not "resonate", whereas Trump's does and yet he got less than 50% of voter support?

You do realize the demographics of Trump's support have particular characteristics that are quite different from those who have run against him, right?

Or are you saying by "mainstream" you mean "everyone"... like you?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:39 pm Jim Webb presaged the emergence of J D Vance.

https://ashbrook.org/viewpoint/oped-owens-04-webb/

Before dissing Vance as a grifter, scam artist or opportunist, take the time to understand him.
You might conclude that he's trying to accomplish some things that you agree with.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?419678-4/ ... illy-elegy

https://www.c-span.org/video/?415207-1/qa-jd-vance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVvuTKWzOcs

Why before we understand he's "a grifter, scam artist or opportunist"?

If that's accurate, and IMO it clearly is, then why trust that "he's trying accomplish" anything other than garner power...why "trust" anything he says?

He's flip-flopped on numerous issues...this isn't a guy who's 'grown' and matured' and 'evolved', he's simply seeking power over others.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:04 am
jhu72 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:21 pm I do not believe Moore or Shapiro want the VP position, in fact I think Moore has come out and said he will remain MD governor, he is not interested in President this cycle.

Beshear is good, Kelly is good. Personally l like Kelly best, something of an American hero (for VP).

You know I think back, didn't the democrats nominate and win with some guy in a wheelchair. Can't remember his name. Was president a bunch of times. Wish I could remember his name.
I believe when people see Kamala eat Donald’s lunch head to head, they may have a different opinion of her. Someone with have a brain will come across much better than The Donald. His act has gotten stale. Saw Mark Burns using his schtick. Right down to the “I can’t see in the back…is the Mainstream Media here…..? The people in the audience look bored. Crowds look smaller, older and poorer…. Kamala is much smarter than him and she has a logical mind developed as a career prosecutor. A friend told me years ago, he would hate to be married to her and have to answer her questions😂😂😂
I would hate to be married to her and listen to that annoying cackling laugh. As to if she is smarter than trump, her IQ is right up there with a turnip. Hell even AOC wants her off of any ticket if Joe pulls the plug on his 2nd term. I find it hard to believe Harris will ever resonate with mainstream Americans.
But you don’t find it hard to believe that Donald Trump resonated with mainstream Americans?
(as you know)
I don't speak in code MD. I say what I think. I know exactly why trump resonated with mainstream America and I believe you so as well. FTR I never voted for him and I will not this time around.
Feel free to explain exactly what you meant otherwise, but that's what its coded meaning is, whether consciously or unconsciously.

BTW, I think she can resonate fine with a large portion of "mainstream"...but not all, and particularly less so with white men, and even less so with less educated white men...that latter group "resonates" with Trump much more...
No sir, I meant mainstream America. In my world mainstream America includes everyone irregardless of the color of their skin. In your world all you see are hidden meanings that don't exist IMO. FTR when I say trumps message resonates with mainstream America that doesn't mean that mainstream America necessarily agrees with the message. Is the gist of your point suppose to be that only well educated people are capable of understanding the big picture?

I believe us uneducated folks rely on something that is sorely lacking among many of the well educated in this country. I'm referring to that phenomenon called " common sense " You don't need a college degree to understand that both parties are failing miserably when it comes to doing the job they were elected to do.
So, if nearly 50% of America will support her, and perhaps, like every other candidate who has run against Trump, more than 50%, which part of "mainstream" will not "resonate" with her? What "message" of her candidacy does not "resonate", whereas Trump's does and yet he got less than 50% of voter support?

You do realize the demographics of Trump's support have particular characteristics that are quite different from those who have run against him, right?

I'm only concerned about myself. I don't give a rip about what you refer to as " people like me "
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:13 am

(as you know)

I'm only concerned about myself. I don't give a rip about what you refer to as " people like me "
Is that your definition of "people like you", those who would say "I'm only concerned about myself"; and that's "mainstream"?

How about just grappling with my question about your opinion of Harris "resonating" versus Trump "resonating"? Seems to me that each "resonates" with millions of Americans, but neither "resonate" with all "mainstream" Americans".

Different folks, and there are strong demographic correlations for each...
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

(as you know)

Now, that I can believe. Speaking of your "therapist"...
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I don't generally buy into watching the stock market as a good barometer of politics trends, but this is interesting. Of course, could be short lived. We're currently near all-time highs, so not sure what this reporting means...wishful thinking?

1 hr 51 min ago
US stock futures rebound after Biden drops out
From CNN's David Goldman and Mark Thompson
US stock futures rebounded Monday after the worst week Wall Street has seen since April. It was the market’s first reaction to President Joe Biden’s Sunday announcement that he would drop out of the 2024 presidential race.

Significant doubt about Biden’s ability to beat former President Donald Trump led Wall Street to begin to price in a Trump victory in November. That became apparent with so-called Trump trades, in which investors bought up stocks they believed Trump’s tariff-heavy agenda could benefit – and they likewise sold off stocks related to green energy and other industries traders believed Trump’s policies could hurt.

Meanwhile, a large number of economists have predicted Trump’s policies would make America’s inflation problem worse, and he would balloon the US deficit. As Trump’s fortunes appeared to advance in recent weeks, US Treasury prices fell and yields rose, which they often do in anticipation of higher inflation.

With the Democratic party now apparently coalescing around Vice President Kamala Harris as its likely nominee, some of those Trump trades could begin to unwind – or at least go on hiatus until new polling begins to show whether or not Harris appears to stand a better chance against Trump than Biden did.

Dow futures rose 60 points, or 0.2%. S&P 500 futures were up 0.4% and Nasdaq future were 0.7% higher. European markets were higher, and Asian markets closed mostly lower. US Treasuries rose a bit early Monday, trimming yields, and the dollar was softer against major currencies.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:30 am

(as you know)

Now, that I can believe. Speaking of your "therapist"...
I get all my therapy in my vegetable garden. My wife just harvested 32 beautiful large heads of garlic yesterday. Our tomatoes are going great guns, we have had 2 harvests of yellow beans, lettuce is looking amazing, eggplant are just starting to form and our acorn squash are kickin it. That is what I call therapy. :D
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:32 am I don't generally buy into watching the stock market as a good barometer of politics trends, but this is interesting. Of course, could be short lived. We're currently near all-time highs, so not sure what this reporting means...wishful thinking?

1 hr 51 min ago
US stock futures rebound after Biden drops out
From CNN's David Goldman and Mark Thompson
US stock futures rebounded Monday after the worst week Wall Street has seen since April. It was the market’s first reaction to President Joe Biden’s Sunday announcement that he would drop out of the 2024 presidential race.

Significant doubt about Biden’s ability to beat former President Donald Trump led Wall Street to begin to price in a Trump victory in November. That became apparent with so-called Trump trades, in which investors bought up stocks they believed Trump’s tariff-heavy agenda could benefit – and they likewise sold off stocks related to green energy and other industries traders believed Trump’s policies could hurt.

Meanwhile, a large number of economists have predicted Trump’s policies would make America’s inflation problem worse, and he would balloon the US deficit. As Trump’s fortunes appeared to advance in recent weeks, US Treasury prices fell and yields rose, which they often do in anticipation of higher inflation.

With the Democratic party now apparently coalescing around Vice President Kamala Harris as its likely nominee, some of those Trump trades could begin to unwind – or at least go on hiatus until new polling begins to show whether or not Harris appears to stand a better chance against Trump than Biden did.

Dow futures rose 60 points, or 0.2%. S&P 500 futures were up 0.4% and Nasdaq future were 0.7% higher. European markets were higher, and Asian markets closed mostly lower. US Treasuries rose a bit early Monday, trimming yields, and the dollar was softer against major currencies.
https://apnews.com/article/stock-market ... 56705d6ce3

Biden’s decision “barely dented financial markets,” Stephen Innes of SPI Asset Management said in a commentary. “U.S. yields and the dollar opened slightly weaker in Asia but then rebounded, suggesting investors were fully clued into this outcome. The odds of a Trump victory also haven’t changed much,” he said.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:20 am

(as you know)

Is that your definition of "people like you", those who would say "I'm only concerned about myself"; and that's "mainstream"?

How about just grappling with my question about your opinion of Harris "resonating" versus Trump "resonating"? Seems to me that each "resonates" with millions of Americans, but neither "resonate" with all "mainstream" Americans".

Different folks, and there are strong demographic correlations for each...
Why is it that so often you struggle with very simple and basic concepts. I could explain it to you but you wouldn't understand anyway. The thin air up on your lofty perch may have a lot to do with that. 8-)
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Just out of curiosity isn't trump suppose to be sentenced in September? Has that been delayed again?
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”