The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
KI Dock Bar

Re: 2024

Post by KI Dock Bar »

He had no choice but to endorse Harris. If the party eventually goes with another candidate they are going to lose too many minority voters and probably a key state in Georgia.
njbill

Post by njbill »

ggait wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:16 pm
njbill wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:11 pm Really bad news. Just handed the White House to Trump I fear.
Really good news. For Joe and the country.

Joe was handing Trump the WH by staying in. So at least he dodges that personal legacy albatross.

And now there’s an improved chance. Though still not great.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.
I thought we weren’t going to discuss this anymore. That lasted less than 24 hours.

Joe is handing the White House to Trump by pulling out. The cocksucking back stabbers have won.

Now we will never know if Joe could’ve won. But we will know that Harris will lose this election. Mark my words. I have rarely been surer of anything.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

KI Dock Bar wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:31 pm He had no choice but to endorse Harris. If the party eventually goes with another candidate they are going to lose too many minority voters and probably a key state in Georgia.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:29 pm
njbill wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:11 pm Really bad news. Just handed the White House to Trump I fear.

Joe was handing Trump the WH by staying in. So at least he dodges that personal legacy albatross.

Just spoke at length with my daughter, and she is with ggait. Believes it will completely energize a moribund campaign.
Sure, it will be a shot in the arm through the convention and maybe for a couple of weeks after that. Her numbers will go up in the short term. But I think they will fade as we get to election day.

She cannot win Pennsylvania. Don’t know about the other swing states. But without all of the blue wall states, a Dem cannot win.

I am sick about this. Just sick.
ggait

Post by ggait »

njbill wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:32 pm

I thought we weren’t going to discuss this anymore. That lasted less than 24 hours.

Joe is handing the White House to Trump by pulling out. The cocksucking back stabbers have won.

Now we will never know if Joe could’ve won. But we will know that Harris will lose this election. Mark my words. I have rarely been surer of anything.
That is how life is. You never get the data from the road not taken. Life isn’t a double blind experiment obviously.

But I will bet the farm that the Dem win probability will be higher in one month than it is today.

Joe was at 17% per Economist; 26% per Silver as of 7/21/24. Save the tape.
Last edited by ggait on Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
KI Dock Bar

Post by KI Dock Bar »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:33 pm
KI Dock Bar wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:31 pm He had no choice but to endorse Harris. If the party eventually goes with another candidate they are going to lose too many minority voters and probably a key state in Georgia.
Your response reminds me of the middle schoolers I teach.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I wonder if trump will pass on debate #2 ?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

KI Dock Bar wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 2:44 pm
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Your response reminded me of the same. What is your logic or rationale behind the democratic nominee losing a lot of minority votes if Kamala isn’t on the ticket?
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 4:20 pm Part of me believe the DNC wanted to pick their candidate after the primary all along. Tye push ramps up after the primary (this is the phase we are in now), Joe then removes himself as the 2024 candidate before the DNC, they vote in their new candidate just before of during the convention, that way Joe and Kamala are bounced at the same time. The excitement is back with vengeance, puts Trump into a 180 counter-punch figuring out how to tackle the new candidates.

I think that would be in the best interest of the country.
I spoke to Joe and the DNC recently. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Anyone notice how old Trump is? Nearly 80 years old? Oldest president in history if elected?

Had a rambling, word salad of a speech at the convention. It was full of things that he apparently believes, but aren't true. He speaks nonsense, but still speaks it loudly.

Are we ready to elect the oldest president in history? I have serious doubts about his health.

I know that was a concern a lot of people on the right had with Biden.
KI Dock Bar

Post by KI Dock Bar »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:01 pm
Your response reminded me of the same. What is your logic or rationale behind the democratic nominee losing a lot of minority votes if Kamala isn’t on the ticket?
You teach middle schoolers? Rather than try to mock me maybe you should have posed your question in the previous post. Joe said it best, "If you don't vote for me, you ain't black." The democrats expect to get the black and Hispanic/Latino vote. The state of Georgia is 53.2% white, 32.3% black and 10.5% Hispanic/Latino according to wikipedia.
Typical Lax Dad

KI Dock Bar wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:16 pm
You teach middle schoolers? Rather than try to mock me maybe you should have posed your question in the previous post. Joe said it best, "If you don't vote for me, you ain't black." The democrats expect to get the black and Hispanic/Latino vote. The state of Georgia is 53.2% white, 32.3% black and 10.5% Hispanic/Latino according to wikipedia.
I know what Joe said. You didn’t answer my question.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

I’m excited at having a Dem nominee who would be able to use the big boy stairs to get on and off airplanes.

Joe has only been using the AF1 belly short steps for quite some time.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
KI Dock Bar

Post by KI Dock Bar »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:21 pm
If the dems pass over Kamala they will lose a part of their base of voters, ie. minority voters...not sure what else to say. Remember, I am a PE teacher not a history teacher.
Typical Lax Dad

KI Dock Bar wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:42 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:21 pm
If the dems pass over Kamala they will lose a part of their base of voters, ie. minority voters...not sure what else to say. Remember, I am a PE teacher not a history teacher.
That’s a conclusion, not a rationale. I am asking for the rationale.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:05 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 4:20 pm Part of me believe the DNC wanted to pick their candidate after the primary all along. Tye push ramps up after the primary (this is the phase we are in now), Joe then removes himself as the 2024 candidate before the DNC, they vote in their new candidate just before of during the convention, that way Joe and Kamala are bounced at the same time. The excitement is back with vengeance, puts Trump into a 180 counter-punch figuring out how to tackle the new candidates.

So....now the Dems have the high ground, Youth. They got rid of their guy because he was unfit for office.

Your turn now....when is your team going to get rid of Trump? (crickets)
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:10 pm Anyone notice how old Trump is? Nearly 80 years old? Oldest president in history if elected?

Had a rambling, word salad of a speech at the convention. It was full of things that he apparently believes, but aren't true. He speaks nonsense, but still speaks it loudly.

Are we ready to elect the oldest president in history? I have serious doubts about his health.

I know that was a concern a lot of people on the right had with Biden.
And this Vance guy isn’t even 40 yet, has little experience in government, is beholden to big tech dollars, married a “DEI” wife, and seems to waffle on important stuff. Hmmm.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:00 pm

So....now the Dems have the high ground, Youth. They got rid of their guy because he was unfit for office.

Not when it’s a cult.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:00 pm

Well 2 inches to the right and the trump problem would have been solved.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”