If you are addressing me i suggest you try again
Henpecked

Re: Transfer Portal 2025

Post by Henpecked »

CoachBeard wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:45 pm
OCanada wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:16 am
10stone5 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:43 pm
Mr3Putt wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:30 pm
Njlaxx11 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:29 pm Marquis to Albany, via his IG.
Good for him! Scotty Marr is legit…
Marr has done much better lately bringing in talent, recruits, transfers - nothing like 10 years ago,

but Marquis now, Silas Richmond a couple years back, Jake Piseno graduated but was defender of the year last year, Albany made its 1st NCAA since the Connor Fields final 4 team of 2018.
When Syracuse could not get the Thompson’s admitted they went to Albany. Made Albany a destination school for a certain profile player. Not surprising Marquis ended there.
Incredibly ignorant (and factually inaccurate) statement.
Exactly. If Marquis had academic issues, how did he get admitted into a top 10 university in the first place? Are you insinuating that Hopkins can admit anyone into their university as long as they can sling a lacrosse ball? That’s a pretty big leap O Canada. Btw, how did you get admitted? You often write as if English is not your first language.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Henpecked wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:21 pm
Marr has done much better lately bringing in talent, recruits, transfers - nothing like 10 years ago,

but Marquis now, Silas Richmond a couple years back, Jake Piseno graduated but was defender of the year last year, Albany made its 1st NCAA since the Connor Fields final 4 team of 2018.
When Syracuse could not get the Thompson’s admitted they went to Albany. Made Albany a destination school for a certain profile player. Not surprising Marquis ended there.
Exactly. If Marquis had academic issues, how did he get admitted into a top 10 university in the first place? Are you insinuating that Hopkins can admit anyone into their university as long as they can sling a lacrosse ball? That’s a pretty big leap O Canada. Btw, how did you get admitted? You often write as if English is not your first language.
you have to wait for the payoff with ocanada. he's going to speak in code if it's even coherent. for clicks, probably. he'll probably hit you with his heritage and then some vague insiders he knows. then an old timey story. it'll somehow still be opaque.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Here’s a quote direct from Lyle,
As they were being recruited, though, the brothers began to feel like Syracuse was taking their allegiance for granted. ‘Syracuse honestly didn't recruit both of us too hard,' Lyle Thompson said. ‘I think they just expected us to go there.'
And here’s Miles,

…signing with Albany despite the prestige and proximity of Syracuse, just a 20-minute drive from the Onondaga Reservation. "We wanted to do something different. We knew all of the big-time Natives were already going to Syracuse," Miles said. "We wanted to try to make a difference on our own."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:10 pm
Henpecked wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:21 pm

you have to wait for the payoff with ocanada. he's going to speak in code if it's even coherent. for clicks, probably. he'll probably hit you with his heritage and then some vague insiders he knows. then an old timey story. it'll somehow still be opaque.
Does it matter given I've shared explicit detailed factual primary source personally witnessed information and folks refuse to believe it's true...
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
JustPassingThrough

Post by JustPassingThrough »

Bmk2222 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:46 am
JustPassingThrough wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 6:57 am Carson Boyle (A) from Vermont to Stony Brook with two years remaining per his Instagram. America East All Rookie as freshman.
Is it just me, or does Vermont lose a lot of guys every year?
2024 tally is one grad and one undergrad. 2023 list was long but mostly grads, including three defenders to Maryland for grad year plus FOGO to Ohio State.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Henpecked:

Exactly. If Marquis had academic issues, how did he get admitted into a top 10 university in the first place? Are you insinuating that Hopkins can admit anyone into their university as long as they can sling a lacrosse ball? That’s a pretty big leap O Canada. Btw, how did you get admitted? You often write as if English is not your first language,

I never wrote Marquis had academic issues. Total fantasy. Putting thoughts in a post and linking them to me is cheap stuff.

wdgsr carries a grudge going back to the Love fiasco at UVA. I think he thinks UVA needs him to provide cover. Clearly they do not, they are doing fine.
CoachBeard

Post by CoachBeard »

OCanada wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:50 pm If you are addressing me i suggest you try again
Bees do not waste their time explaining to flies that honey is better than s**t.

You are a fly...
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

I don't know squat about this situation. Maybe, it's deserved, but phew.... This place generates a whole lot more hostility amongst the posters than the old lax power ever did....
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

CoachBeard wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:09 pm
OCanada wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:50 pm If you are addressing me i suggest you try again
Bees do not waste their time explaining to flies that honey is better than s**t.

You are a fly...
[/quote

You have an opinion. Live long and prosper
Last edited by OCanada on Mon Jul 08, 2024 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

blue angels wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:14 pm I don't know squat about this situation. Maybe, it's deserved, but phew.... This place generates a whole lot more hostility amongst the posters than the old lax power ever did....
LaxPower had more active moderators

Post by 1766 »

norcalhop wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:35 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:23 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:42 am
Henpecked wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:40 am Does anybody have information about Koleton Marquis from Hopkins? I saw him play at Don Bosco a couple years back and he looked like a can't miss recruit. He was a top 50 IL recruit and barely saw the field in his first two years at Hopkins. Can't understand why some team isn't bringing this guy in. He is only a sophomore and has three years of eligibility left from what I can see.
He’s playing Senior A box up in Canada right now so it’s probably not easy to take visits. Might take awhile to make a decision. He’ll have options
Possibly Rutgers?
Seems academically inclined, so probably a higher profile academic school
Good call!
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

1766 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:42 pm
Henpecked wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:40 am Does anybody have information about Koleton Marquis from Hopkins? I saw him play at Don Bosco a couple years back and he looked like a can't miss recruit. He was a top 50 IL recruit and barely saw the field in his first two years at Hopkins. Can't understand why some team isn't bringing this guy in. He is only a sophomore and has three years of eligibility left from what I can see.
He’s playing Senior A box up in Canada right now so it’s probably not easy to take visits. Might take awhile to make a decision. He’ll have options
Possibly Rutgers?
Good call!
Good luck with rutgers
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

blue angels wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:14 pm I don't know squat about this situation. Maybe, it's deserved, but phew.... This place generates a whole lot more hostility amongst the posters than the old lax power ever did....
What the f**k did you just say?? Now we got beef son!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCEjVC3Dtn8
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Post by 1766 »

norcalhop wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:32 pm
1766 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:42 pm
Possibly Rutgers?
Good call!
Good luck with rutgers
Yes, going to the 128th ranked school over the 40th one is clear sign of academic focus. You called it perfectly. Well done.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Big Transfer News this a.m.:

Former Notre Dame FO Andrew Greenspan is joining @UVAMensLax, he tells @Inside_Lacrosse.

Ranked No. 35 in @ILPreps Class of 2023, he won 17-of-30 draws for the Irish in 7 games this spring and addresses a need for the Hoos.

https://x.com/terencefoy/status/1811004 ... EO2hFStaxg
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

AreaLax wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:18 am Big Transfer News this a.m.:

Former Notre Dame FO Andrew Greenspan is joining @UVAMensLax, he tells @Inside_Lacrosse.

Ranked No. 35 in @ILPreps Class of 2023, he won 17-of-30 draws for the Irish in 7 games this spring and addresses a need for the Hoos.

https://x.com/terencefoy/status/1811004 ... EO2hFStaxg
UVa is establishing quite the pipeline into Brunswick...
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Some updates in bold

Albany: Rocco Mareno (FO, Towson), Koleton Marquis (A, Johns Hopkins)
Boston U: Sam Burns (M, Ohio State), Matt Caputo (A, Ohio State)
Bryant: Richie Reid (M, St. John's), Brian Russell (M, Merrimack), Sage Garito (G, Franklin & Marshall), Nick Vance (M, Denison), Brett Callahan (M, Bucknell)
Bucknell: Luke Renaud (G, UMass Lowell)
Canisius: Jeff Douglas (D, Ursinus)
Dartmouth: Will Stahl (M, Holy Cross), Thomas Power (A, Colorado College)
Delaware: Cory Capri (A, Yale), Jack Kolbe (A, Merrimack), Aiden Bodonyi (D, Ohio State)
Denver: Judge Murphy (A, St. Lawrence)
Duke: Aiden Blake (M, Cornell), Graham Blake (A, Harvard), Paul Weathington (SSDM, Princeton), Eric Malever (A, Maryland), Luke Grayum (A, Richmond), Chris Cusolito (M, Providence), Tommy Drago (LSM, Syracuse)
Fairfield: KJ Delane (A, Merrimack), Luke Fisher (A, Denison), Jack Savarese (A, Stevens)
Georgetown: Fulton Bayman (A, Notre Dame), Jack Erb (SSDM, Georgetown)
High Point: Jeb Brenfleck (A, Penn State), Owen Bunten (Army)
Hobart: Michael Schafer (D, Manhattan)
Hofstra: Jon Singer (G, Ursinus)
Jacksonville: Drew Kessenich (M, Detroit Mercy), Dom Zingo (D, Lynchburg), Parker Yearego (M, Cleveland State)
Johns Hopkins: Jack Monfort (SSDM, Yale), John McKee (FO, Dickinson), Patrick Hackler (M, Yale), Luke Staudt (G, Loyola), Colby Weishaar (M/LSM/D, UMBC)
Le Moyne: Tom Vaughan (A, Cabrini)
LIU: Benjamin Schuster (M, Mount St. Mary's)
Loyola: Vinnie Trujillo (SSDM, Syracuse)
Manhattan: Connor Engel (A, Lindenwood)
Marquette: Jack Casey (D, Army), Chandler Caster (FO, Hofstra), Dawson Friers (G, Holy Cross)
Maryland: Noah Armitage (M, Stony Brook), Bryce Ford (A, Fairfield), AJ Hernandez (D, Navy), Zack Goorno (SSDM, Bowdoin), Matthew Keegan (A, Binghamton), Luca Ward (A, Holy Cross), Jack Dowd (M, Salisbury)
Michigan: Pace Billings (LSM, Princeton), Lukas Stanat (M, Princeton), Will Byrne (A, Bowdoin), DJ Dixon (M, Wesleyan), Jackson Clay (A/M, High Point)
Mount St. Mary's: Nathan Committee (D, Bellarmine), Jack Smith (A, Randolph Macon), Seamus McCloskey (D, Jacksonville)
NJIT: Russ Maher (M, Johns Hopkins), Dylan Sebastian (A, Hofstra)
North Carolina: Michael Gianforcaro (G, Princeton), Spencer Wirtheim (M, Cornell), Nick Dupuis (A, Stony Brook), Andrew O'Berry (SSDM, Harvard), Drew Scott (M, TCU football)
Notre Dame: Greg Campisi (LSM, Harvard), Drew Wynocker (M, Denver)
Ohio State: Ryan Donnery (M, Quinnipiac), Corey O'Connor (D, High Point), Mason Bregman (A, UMass), Shane O'Leary (M, UMass), Griffin Turner (M, Hofstra), Braden Glushakow (SSDM, Salisbury)
Penn: Chris Patterson (A, Hobart)
Penn State: Jack Aimone (M, Rutgers)
Providence: Dan Donahue (G, Union)
Richmond: Ethan Gyllenhaal (SSDM, Bucknell), Brooks Rhine (D, Hobart), Jack Dougherty (M, Stony Brook)
Rutgers: Joseph Juengerkes (SSDM, Princeton), Ethan Barnard (FO, Bowdoin), Kasey Mongillo (M, Merrimack), Greyson Vorgang (A, Denver), Brian Mack (D, Siena), Ben Stephanos (D, UMBC)
Saint Joseph's: Keaton Zavitz (M, Ohio State)
Sacred Heart: Matt Pepe (A, Bryant)
St. John's: Max Coopman (D, Bellarmine), Nick Turrini (SSDM, Lehigh)
Stony Brook: Colin Reilly (M, North Carolina), Ethan Linsay (A, Army), Jack Crosby (LSM, Rutgers), Colin Langton (D, Stony Brook), Clyde Bresnahan (M, Denison), Carson Boyle (A, Vermont), Robert McGee (M, Penn State)
Syracuse: Mike Grace (D, RIT), Ryder Ochoa (SSDM, St. John's)
UMass: Gavin Begonia (A, Ohio State), Trace Hogan (M, Merrimack)
Utah: Jonas Hunter (A, Vermont)
Villanova: Tyler Sandoval (FO, Princeton), Brett Mallee (D, Yale)
Virginia: Johnny Hackett (M, Bryant), Charles Balsamo (A/M, Duke), John Totaro (FO, Denver), Andrew Greenspan (FO, Notre Dame)

*Notable* players in portal:

Attack
Dutch Furlong, Bucknell
Blake Behlen, Stony Brook
Owen Murphy, Maryland
Ryan DiRocco, Army

Midfield
Tommy Barnds, Princeton
Luke Nestor, Salisbury
Trevor Douglas, Quinnipiac
Gavin Dallas, Denver

Defense
Colin Hart, Brown
Mitch Dunham, Mount St. Mary's
Owen Quinn, UMass
Jordan Vincent, Syracuse

Goalie
Jamison MacLachlan, Stony Brook
Jack VanValkenburgh, Albany

FO
Andrew DeGennaro, Harvard
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Denver Sophomore D-mid is transferring to Saint Lawrence to play D3 Hoops.
https://denverpioneers.com/sports/mens- ... erson/5210

Played in every game his first 2 years at Denver.
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:22 pm Denver Sophomore D-mid is transferring to Saint Lawrence to play D3 Hoops.
https://denverpioneers.com/sports/mens- ... erson/5210

Played in every game his first 2 years at Denver.
That’s one of the more bizarre transfer stories I’ve seen.. D1 lacrosse starter from a school who made the final 4 transfers halfway through college to a slightly above average D3 basketball team in upstate New York.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”