Roanoke 2025

D3 Mens Lacrosse
SlickRick86

Roanoke 2025

Post by SlickRick86 »

It’s time to turn the page and look ahead. Surprised L. Kammerman isn’t taking his 5th year at an ACC/B10 caliber school. That being said, beyond grateful for another year of 41 in the maroon and grey. Anyone have an outlook for the upcoming year? I think they have a chance to make some serious noise and get that long coveted signature win they’ve been missing for years.
R. Xanderberg ‘86
JustOneTime

Re: Roanoke 2025

Post by JustOneTime »

I think 2025 is a big question mark for the Maroons. They graduated a lot of guys and yes I have heard that the attack unit may return for another year but until they are on the field it is not a certainty. They do have some young talent in place but several holes to fill. It will require a few incoming freshman to be capable of being able to play in order for them to be good. Depth has been an issue so if any starters get hurt that will be a problem.
The biggest question is what do the returners do in the off season to get better, stronger, faster. If they come back the same then Noke won't improve.
I feel L. Kammerman is a good player but I don't think he could play at an ACC/B10 school. IMO he is too slow and gets handled well when he goes up against the better defenseman in D3 so D1 defenseman would not give him an inch.
DTL94

Post by DTL94 »

" Surprised L. Kammerman isn’t taking his 5th year at an ACC/B10 caliber school."

UNC finished last in the ACC and he doesn't even sniff playing time there. He's a great D3 player but might want to pump the brakes a touch.
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

I saw stevemc posted in the 2024 thread and I thought I would move it over to the 2025 thread - "apparently OC/Recruiting coordinator Lintner is moving on. More news to follow".
Lintner is a good guy, as solid as they come, he will be missed. The ever-revolving door for D3 assistants continues. Hopefully Pilat can find some new energetic, young assistants that know the game well and have the ability and desire to recruit talent.
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

JustOneTime wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:53 am I saw stevemc posted in the 2024 thread and I thought I would move it over to the 2025 thread - "apparently OC/Recruiting coordinator Lintner is moving on. More news to follow".
Lintner is a good guy, as solid as they come, he will be missed. The ever-revolving door for D3 assistants continues. Hopefully Pilat can find some new energetic, young assistants that know the game well and have the ability and desire to recruit talent.
Agreed, Lintner is an awesome guy and great coach, bleeds maroon, good luck to him going forward. Would love to see him come back in a few years and take over for Pilat whenever he's ready to retire.
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

JBFortunato wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:54 pm
JustOneTime wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:53 am I saw stevemc posted in the 2024 thread and I thought I would move it over to the 2025 thread - "apparently OC/Recruiting coordinator Lintner is moving on. More news to follow".
Agreed, Lintner is an awesome guy and great coach, bleeds maroon, good luck to him going forward. Would love to see him come back in a few years and take over for Pilat whenever he's ready to retire.
Coach Lintner to High Point: https://highpointpanthers.com/news/2024 ... staff.aspx

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”