Notre Dame 2025

D1 Mens Lacrosse
LaxAllStars

Notre Dame 2025

Post by LaxAllStars »

Assistant coach Ryan Wellner discusses recruiting, NIL, the transfer portal and talks about Jordan Faison and Tyler Buchner two-sport athletes.

Podcast here.

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show ... sh-e2krdfo
gymman1031

Re: Notre Dame 2025

Post by gymman1031 »

As I have alluded to, there is no finer assistant in DI right now than Coach Wellner.
molo

Post by molo »

He may very well be. What does Corrigan—of whom I’m not particularly a fan—have to do to get credit? The guy has won consecutive championships after leading a highly competitive program for many years. We heard his previous success attributed to his former DC, who has now become a head coach. I’m all for praising Wellner for his d, but shouldn’t the head coach, affable or not, get some recognition?
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

molo wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:53 pm He may very well be. What does Corrigan—of whom I’m not particularly a fan—have to do to get credit? The guy has won consecutive championships after leading a highly competitive program for many years. We heard his previous success attributed to his former DC, who has now become a head coach. I’m all for praising Wellner for his d, but shouldn’t the head coach, affable or not, get some recognition?
I think a lot of people think very highly of Corrigan when it comes to coaching abilities. The question is, could it be because people are more likely to praise coaches who have a demeanor like John Tillman or John Danowski?
Laxinmay

Post by Laxinmay »

Corrigan gets a ton of praise- turn on a game and listen. As he should. Honored by USA Lacrosse, as he should.

Iam all for the assistants getting some and even more praise…. Cmon.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

molo wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:53 pm He may very well be. What does Corrigan—of whom I’m not particularly a fan—have to do to get credit? The guy has won consecutive championships after leading a highly competitive program for many years. We heard his previous success attributed to his former DC, who has now become a head coach. I’m all for praising Wellner for his d, but shouldn’t the head coach, affable or not, get some recognition?
You are a Va guy? What’s the rub w Corrigan?
Lax904

Post by Lax904 »

Great chatting w Coach Corrigan on Cradle to the Grave Podcast. Coach was out on the recruiting trail and we appreciate his time. Smaller roster in 2025, similar schedule and more. Hoping to announce Matt and I on an early season call:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/1qGKtu7tSx7vpqrLVR96wy
@Lax904
“Cradle to the Grave w Kerwick and Carnicelli”
Podcast- Lax Allstars
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Is Coach Corrigan in the National Hall of Fame yet? Certainly should be.

By the way, it looks like his profile pic hasn’t been updated in decades.

https://fightingirish.com/coach/kevin-corrigan-2/

What is that … from the 1990s?!?

DocBarrister :P
@DocBarrister
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

About the era of my Linked In pic.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Lax904

Post by Lax904 »

Maryland v Notre Dame March 1st in Atlanta for Shootout for Soldiers. Can’t wait 🎙️💪🐢🍀
https://www.285lacrosse.com/atllaxinvitational
If you missed my chat w Coach Corrigan last week, link in earlier post.
@Lax904
“Cradle to the Grave w Kerwick and Carnicelli”
Podcast- Lax Allstars
camskidamski

Post by camskidamski »

Lax904 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:44 pm Great chatting w Coach Corrigan on Cradle to the Grave Podcast. Coach was out on the recruiting trail and we appreciate his time. Smaller roster in 2025, similar schedule and more. Hoping to announce Matt and I on an early season call:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/1qGKtu7tSx7vpqrLVR96wy
What positions on the roster are the strongest/weakest at the moment? If you were breaking down the ~50 guys on the roster what spots are deepest or the ones with most to prove? Especially with incoming freshmen?
CJ's Pub

Post by CJ's Pub »

2025 Projected Starting Line Up

A Chris Kavanagh
A Jake Taylor
A Jeff Ricciardelli / Brady Pokorny

M Jordan Faison
M Max Busenkell
M Matt Jeffery

FO Will Lynch

SSDM Ben Ramsey

LSM Will Donovan

D Shawn Lyght
D Nate Schwitzenberg
D Will Gallagher

G Tom Riccardelli / Alex Zepf

This will be an interesting and refreshing fall ball for the Irish. With 25 seniors/ grad students leaving after the back to back National Championships there will be a hole in veteran leadership and familiarity at the midfield and defense. As we saw through out the 2024 season Notre Dame has a stable of horses in the midfield so I would expect great competition to fill out the first and second line units this fall. Max Busenkell was the most impressive depth midfielder for the Irish this season. He consistently beat his man and has great poise and vision. 11 goals on 20 shots (55%) 8 assists ,I expect another huge jump in production for Max next season and can be one of the most dynamic midfielders in the country. Will Angrik came on strong towards the end of the season after fully recovering from a torn ACL in '23. Jaylen Seymour and Fisher Finley both scored in the national championship running on the 3rd line. Losing Dobson, Gray and McLane is tough to replace, but their are plenty of others still on the roster to fill the gaps. I wonder if Coach Corrigan wants to deploy some of his attackmen through the box. I loved what I saw from Will Maheras through out the later part of the season spelling in for our attackman when the score was out of hand in some of the ACC tournament and NCAA tournament games. 2 new starters on defense will be interesting to see how they gel. Gallagher started a few games early in the year before being replaced by the veteran Napolitano. Both Schwitzenberg an Gallagher came in at the end of the National Championship game so it looked like it was a passing of the guard to those guys to say this is your job next year. Replacing Liam in the pipes will be the battle to watch in fall ball. Ive heard great things about the younger Ricciardelli and Zepf has looked great at times when reliving Liam at the end of decided games. Chris Kavanagh took a major step in his overall development and looks poised to lead the offense as a dodger, distributor and scorer. The chemistry he has with Jake Taylor puts them as one of the most lethal one, two punches in college lacrosse, and I think we will finally have a lefty scorer complimenting them as a unit. Its crazy to think that the last 3 years the starting attackman have all been right handed players. Very uncommon nowadays but to see the production that line had just shows how incredible they were. Pat leaves as the best offensive player in ND history but if there is anyone that can pick up where he left off its his brother Chris. Lynch, Donovan and Ramsey form the best rope unit in the NCAA. Incredible athletes and experience. An under the radar loss will be the depth and experience of the SSDM group, with Harris and Parlette leaving. Those two were the backbone of the defense and provided some timely scoring when needed. With that senior/ grad student class having so much experience over the last few years, its been hard for freshman to crack the lineup. Expect that to change this year with a very strong incoming freshman class. Matt Jeffery is the #1 overall recruit and will be an electric addition to the midfield group alongside Faison. Pokorny has shown flashes of brilliance and his highlight goals remind me of a lefty version of Jake Taylor.

It may take some time for this team to find its footing but I have no doubt that they will be back at the Final Four on Memorial Day weekend 2025. This team is has incredible talent at each position group and have experience from back to back National Championships. The quest for a 3 peat begins in a month, and its going to be an incredible journey for this years team. Hoping to get out to a fall ball game to see them battle and get ready for the season.

If I missed anything let me know !
sguy9

Post by sguy9 »

A Chris Kavanagh
A Jake Taylor

M Jordan Faison
This is a tough group to stop. Love seeing the days of the Irish just being a D machine go away, they can score a ton of goals now. (and I know, this isn't really new, but mostly a shift in the last 5 years or so...)
Radi-skull

Post by Radi-skull »

CJ's Pub wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:57 am 2025 Projected Starting Line Up

A Chris Kavanagh
A Jake Taylor

M Jordan Faison
M Max Busenkell
M Matt Jeffery

FO Will Lynch

SSDM Ben Ramsey

LSM Will Donovan

D Shawn Lyght
D Nate Schwitzenberg
D Will Gallagher

G Tom Riccardelli / Alex Zepf

If I missed anything let me know !
I don't know how the wind is currently blowing for him, but after the NC game, McLane left the door open for another year. This could be a late decision/add like Conlin in '24 and would be huge for an already stacked middie group.

Given the talent and depth ND has in the midfield it is conceivable they could still run 3 groups like they did in '24.

The SSDM cupboard is not bare as Alacqua and Buchner appeared in 14 and 11 games for the Irish in '24.

Along with the 3 All-Americans at D and SSDM, there is also the All-Ivy LSM Greg Campisi coming in and I have no-doubt Coach Corrigan will find a place for him to fit in.
coda

Post by coda »

sguy9 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:39 am
A Chris Kavanagh
A Jake Taylor

M Jordan Faison
This is a tough group to stop. Love seeing the days of the Irish just being a D machine go away, they can score a ton of goals now. (and I know, this isn't really new, but mostly a shift in the last 5 years or so...)
The reason the offense was so good last was its ability to win 1 on 1s. Both Kavanagh's, though the older brother was the best dodger, could dodge. Taylor was a menace off ball. That isnt clearly the case with the 25 offense. The decision on where to put the pole on the midfield was near impossible with Dobson, Faison, and McLane. Dobson was pre-season All-American and Faison probably saw the pole more, than anyone. McLane feasted off-ball and never saw a long pole. At first glance it is really hard to believe the offense will not slip a bit compared to last year, but ND has a lot of depth. It will be interesting to see how it comes together.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”