Trump Rally and Possible Shooting or Explosions?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
RedFromMI

Re: Trump Rally and Possible Shooting or Explosions?

Post by RedFromMI »

LaxFan2311 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:42 pm A video of the deranged leftist shooter. He seemed normal. This is how leftists act. They are unhinged, dangerous people who will murder their political opponents to maintain power

https://x.com/sheckyi/status/1812524576 ... 3A8dXXaEwA
Nope. Check out the community note for that one!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

ggait wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:12 am Seeing reports that a local sheriff was boosted onto the roof to confront the shooter.

Shooter turned the rifle on the sheriff who had to retreat and fell off the roof. Then the shooter started firing.

Question. Is PA an open carry state? If so, many might think that a guy with rifle and cammo was a MAGA rather than a threat.
Seems the crowd that noticed the guy on the roof, then notifying law enforcement nearby, really helped....otherwise the shooter may have had more time. See something, say something. Maybe as the sheriff made it to the roof, he radioed the intel, and that when we saw the CAT looking through the scope, then shot fired, CAT team jumped back, re-locked and took him down. Timeline will be interesting to learn, although I doubt we will ever see it b/c it could serve others in a way we do not want.

I saw that as well, in newsweek: https://www.newsweek.com/police-officer ... rt-1925027

According to the AP, who spoke to two law enforcement officials on condition of anonymity, rallygoers noticed a man climbing to the top of the roof of the nearby building and warned local law enforcement.

This is when one local officer climbed to the roof and confronted Crooks, who pointed his rifle at the officer. The officer retreated down the ladder as Crooks quickly took a shot toward Trump who was speaking on stage and that's when the U.S. Secret Service counter-snipers shot him, the AP reported.

Newsweek has reached out to the Pennsylvania State Police, the FBI, the Secret Service, and the Butler Police Department via email for comment.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

LaxFan2311 is back in the box. viewtopic.php?p=569447#p569447
old salt

Post by old salt »

The assault rifle ban argument does not hold up here. It was not a mass shooting.
Any deer hunting rifle with a scope could have made that shot. It would probably have done more damage.
There are a lot of deer hunters in PA. Good luck banning their hunting rifles.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:45 pm The assault rifle ban argument does not hold up here. It was not a mass shooting.
Any deer hunting rifle with a scope could have made that shot. It would probably have done more damage.
Not a mass shooting? Firing rounds into a crowd and at a candidate for POTUS? What planet are you on :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Maybe the shooter was just a poor marksman. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:01 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:45 pm The assault rifle ban argument does not hold up here. It was not a mass shooting.
Not a mass shooting? Firing rounds into a crowd and at a candidate for POTUS? What planet are you on :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Maybe the shooter was just a poor marksman. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
He could have done the same thing with a deer rifle, only it would probably have taken off Trump's entire ear, or worse.

He was a good shot. Trump just happened to turn his head & then duck.
old salt

Post by old salt »

https://democrats-homeland.house.gov/ne ... -to-prison

April 19, 2024
RANKING MEMBER THOMPSON INTRODUCES LEGISLATION TO ENSURE NO SECRET SERVICE PROTECTION FOR CONVICTED FELONS SENTENCED TO PRISON

(WASHINGTON) – Today, Rep. Bennie G. Thompson (D-MS), Ranking Member of the Committee on Homeland Security, introduced the Denying Infinite Security and Government Resources Allocated toward Convicted and Extremely Dishonorable Former Protectees Act or the DISGRACED Former Protectees Act (H.R. 8081). This legislation would reform the U.S. Secret Service’s protective mission by automatically terminating Secret Service protection for those who have been sentenced to prison following conviction for a Federal or State felony—clarifying that prison authorities would be responsible for the protection of all inmates regardless of previous Secret Service protection.

“Unfortunately, current law doesn’t anticipate how Secret Service protection would impact the felony prison sentence of a protectee—even a former President. It is regrettable that it has come to this, but this previously unthought-of scenario could become our reality. Therefore, it is necessary for us to be prepared and update the law so the American people can be assured that protective status does not translate into special treatment—and that those who are sentenced to prison will indeed serve the time required of them.”

This legislation is co-sponsored by Reps. Troy A. Carter Sr., Barbara Lee, Frederica Wilson, Yvette D. Clarke, Bonnie Watson Coleman, Jasmine Crockett, Joyce Beatty, and Steve Cohen.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:42 pmhttps://democrats-homeland.house.gov/ne ... -to-prison

April 19, 2024
RANKING MEMBER THOMPSON INTRODUCES LEGISLATION TO ENSURE NO SECRET SERVICE PROTECTION FOR CONVICTED FELONS SENTENCED TO PRISON

(WASHINGTON) – Today, Rep. Bennie G. Thompson (D-MS), Ranking Member of the Committee on Homeland Security, introduced the Denying Infinite Security and Government Resources Allocated toward Convicted and Extremely Dishonorable Former Protectees Act or the DISGRACED Former Protectees Act (H.R. 8081). This legislation would reform the U.S. Secret Service’s protective mission by automatically terminating Secret Service protection for those who have been sentenced to prison following conviction for a Federal or State felony—clarifying that prison authorities would be responsible for the protection of all inmates regardless of previous Secret Service protection.

Why would we need to spend taxpayer dollars to add additional protection for Trump (or other felons) if he was in prison? Wouldn't he be safe with tons of prison guards there?

Ironically if he had been sentenced to jail for his crimes, he would have been safe the other day.
Last edited by NattyBohChamps04 on Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... last report I saw (yesterday), said rifle did not have a scope. Does anyone have different information? The kid was also a member of a gun club and practiced with some unknown frequency.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:58 pm
... last report I saw (yesterday), said rifle did not have a scope. Does anyone have different information? The kid was also a member of a gun club and practiced with some unknown frequency.
If he did not have a scope, that was a helluva shot from 1&1/2 football fields away.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:03 pm
If he did not have a scope, that was a helluva shot from 1& 1/2 football fields away.
... agreed which is another way of saying probably a really lucky shot.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The father of the 20 year old who shot Trump, appears in the Trump campaign database as a strong republican, likely gun owner and likely hunter. According to The Independent with source Channel 4 in Britain.

Channel 4 Report
DMac

Post by DMac »

Man o man, The good guys really botched this one.
How much more time and red flags do you need?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/snipe ... 6729&ei=36
a fan

Post by a fan »

DMac wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 2:50 pm Man o man, The good guys really botched this one.
Boy, that's not how I read this at all....they were on him, and just didn't get him in time. The part we DO know is that the shooter was dead within milliseconds of taking a shot. I find that amazing.

Had they NOT found a suspicious guy walking around? THAT would be botched. Seems they ALMOST got him before he got the shots off.

Are we asking too much of these folks? I'm starting to think the answer is yes.

Seems to me the problem, once again, I think is a procedure problem. Don't let the protect-ees out in the open, standing still for long periods of time so that we don't have to expect perfection from the S Service.

Just my opinion. I get everyone wants to throw these guys right under the bus.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:03 pm
If he did not have a scope, that was a helluva shot from 1&1/2 football fields away.
Your comment just took me back to the rifle range at Ft Benning circa 1979. Our first order of business was to get a confirmed zero on our rifle at 25 meters. We had no scopes back then. We were trained extensively using only iron sights. When you become proficient with your rifle and it is properly zeroed a 150 yard shot is not that difficult. The most important thing for accuracy is lining up the front and rear sights center mass of the target.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 2:59 pm
DMac wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 2:50 pm Man o man, The good guys really botched this one.
Boy, that's not how I read this at all....they were on him, and just didn't get him in time. The part we DO know is that the shooter was dead within milliseconds of taking a shot. I find that amazing.

Had they NOT found a suspicious guy walking around? THAT would be botched. Seems they ALMOST got him before he got the shots off.

Seems to me the problem, once again, I think is a procedure problem. Don't let the protect-ees out in the open, standing still for long periods of time so that we don't have to expect perfection from the S Service.

Yes, very close...but how in the world was Trump still on the podium as this was all going down? This is clearly a serious threat that should have never been allowed on the roof, or once he got there immediately neutralized, but even if a tad slow to pull the trigger, what the heck was Trump still doing on the podium? Yeah, I know, bloviating, lying, and self aggrandizing, but seriously, that's where I see this crashing down...get him off the stage.

I don't know if that's SS failure or a Campaign protocol negotiation or what, but clearly not the right decision.

As to Salty's "not a mass shooting"...8 shots in a mere seconds, one dead, two injured, and only through the marksmanship of the counter sniper was this not many more dead.

For that matter, we don't even know yet if the actual target was Trump or the crowd, an opportunity to 'be somebody'?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Can't really argue with that but how 'bout you tell one of your positioned snipers to get the guy on the roof in your sights and shoot as soon as you see he's got a rifle. Way too many red flags and plenty of time for this to have happened. Easy to say from my couch but it sure feels like a botch to me.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

When did someone with any authority to do something about it see the shooter? How much time elapsed from that moment to the shooter actually shooting? Minutes? How much time is enough to do something about it? If it was plenty of time, then it was botched, agreed? ALSO, how did the shooter get up there? Was that botched a well?
a fan

Post by a fan »

DMac wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 3:32 pm

Can't really argue with that but how 'bout you tell one of your positioned snipers to get the guy on the roof in your sights and shoot as soon as you see he's got a rifle. Way too many red flags and plenty of time for this to have happened. Easy to say from my couch but it sure feels like a botch to me.
To be clear, I don't disagree with your points....it just sounds like SUCH a hard job to make these calls when you know you're going to kill someone, and don't want to be wrong.

I've never been a soldier, so all I have is my imagination. I can NOT imagine having to be in charge of the choice to kill someone....and have milliseconds to make that choice.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

ohmilax34 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 3:35 pm When did someone with any authority to do something about it see the shooter? How much time elapsed from that moment to the shooter actually shooting? Minutes? How much time is enough to do something about it? If it was plenty of time, then it was botched, agreed? ALSO, how did the shooter get up there? Was that botched a well?
You had a narrow alley between two buildings and no one stationed there to prevent someone from getting access to the roof. Some have speculated that the presense of an AC unit in such corridor provided the means for the shooter to get on the roof, and because the helper snipers were inside the building where the shooting occurred, they could not cover the roof.

Apparently one of these helper snipers (local law enforcement) saw the shooter more than once in the alleyway and even took a picture of him, but when going outside to find him he was "gone" and apparently now on the roof. Local law enforcement used a boost to get one officer head high over the roof edge, but had to drop down when the shooter aimed his rifle that way to avoid getting shot.

Comedy of errors and lack of prompt communication to the stage area to get the candidate out of the way is what it looks like to me.

Return to “POLITICS”