Trump Rally and Possible Shooting or Explosions?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
WaffleTwineFaceoff

Re: Trump Rally and Possible Shooting or Explosions?

Post by WaffleTwineFaceoff »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:42 pm
WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:18 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:41 pm Can't be that American society should not be allowed to own this type of weapon.
In the last 24 hours, 14 innocent Americans were killed by the 37 drunk drivers who died. Tomorrow will be the same. Every day will be the same. Statistically speaking. Therefore American society should not be allowed to own vehicles.
You're forgetting the rest of the metaphor.

Just off the top of my head......

-we have added thousands of safety standards for cars, mandated.
-invented air bags and many other safety features (have guns done that?)
-must register your car with State. This is VERY expensive, and registration expires. Meaning MORE money.
-added speed limits and a whole mess of traffic laws that fill an entire booklet, and hand out expensive tickets when even minor rules are broken.
-mandated very expensive liability insurance
-added drunk driving laws
-have to take an exam to prove you can drive one. And you must retake this exam periodically.
-more intensive exams for bigger vehicles
-added regulations for folks driving larger vehicles.

Have we done anything anywhere close to the same for guns?

This is a very, very, very bad argument, my friend.
20,000 gun laws on books local, state, federal would seem to be a "have we done anything for guns" start.

Argue this:

TODAY IN THE USA: Approximately 1,500 reported cases of Aggravated Assault were filed. ANNUAL FIGURES: Approximately 550,000 filed cases, with FBI estimating the actual figure is much higher, as approximately 40% of cases go unreported.

TODAY IN THE USA:
Approximately 1,700 home invasions with victim (owner/renter/guest) present inside home. ANNUAL FIGURES: Approximately 627,000.

TODAY IN THE USA:
Approximately 1,100 women were raped or sexually assaulted. ANNUAL FIGURES: Approximately 400,000.

TODAY IN THE USA:
Approximately 110 men and boys were raped or sexually assaulted. ANNUAL FIGURES: Approximately 40,000.

TODAY IN THE USA:
Approximately 20,000 calls were placed to domestic violence hotlines. ANNUAL Figures: > 7,000,000

TODAY IN THE USA:
Approximately 1,000 children went missing. And approximately 300 children ages 4-15 became sexually trafficked (sexual slavery). ANNUAL FIGURES: 365,000 missing & 109,000 sexually trafficked.

TODAY IN THE USA:
Approximately 190 died of illegal Fentanyl overdoses (out of the 273 total overdose deaths today) supplied by criminal drug activity. ANNUAL FIGURES: 100,000 overdose deaths, 85% from illegal drugs, and 70% of that total from illegal Fentanyl. Estimates are that 90% of illegal Fentanyl in USA is manufactured in China, and crosses into USA via Southern border. SEE PORTLAND OREGON FENTANYL BS GUY LET GO AND DISAPPEARED.

TODAY IN THE USA: Approximately 385 died of alcohol poisoning and alcohol related factors. ANNUAL FIGURES: Approximately140,000 deaths due to alcohol poisoning and alcohol related factors.

TODAY IN THE USA: Approximately 1,250 died of smoking related causes. Of these deaths, approximately 112 (including at least one infant 18 months or younger) were non-smoker victims of second hand smoke, including . ANNUAL FIGURES: Approximately 41,000 deaths due to second hand smoke, including 400 infants. One in five deaths in the US each year are caused by smoking. Note: Commercial tobacco products have been curated to contain chemicals which aid in the delivery of Nicotine, one of the most addictive substances on earth. These deadly to humans chemicals include Benzene, Toluene, Butane, Cadmium, Ammonia, and Hydrogen Cyanide. If a new company founded today released a new consumer product line (cigarettes, cigars, chew) that were constructed with the materials of the average cigarette/tobacco product on the market today, there would be a public outcry. In the meantime, this dangerous public health scourge which costs taxpayers a quarter of a trillion dollars in health care costs, generates 12 billion dollars per year in Federal tax revenue.

TODAY IN THE USA: Approximately 685 died from medical malpractice errors. ANNUAL FIGURES: Approximately 250,000 deaths.

TODAY IN THE USA: Approximately 350 died from prescription medications use. ANNUAL FIGURES: Approximately 128,000 deaths.

TODAY IN THE USA: A conservatively estimated* 2,000 law-abiding legal gun owners exercised their Second Amendment right via Defensive Gun Use (DGU) to be their own (and in many cases their loved ones, and in some cases, a stranger’s) first responder - and therefore avoided becoming a criminal violence victim statistic.

*DGU’s are difficult to estimate due to most of them not involving the “good guy/gal with a gun’s” weapon being fired, and sparse reporting to police. The largest recent survey concluded 750,000 DGU incidents per year in America is a valid lower end estimate. The predominant circumstances of a DGU are as follows: a criminal intent on enacting a crime confronts a potential victim. The potential victim shows or produces a firearm to criminal. Criminal stops their intended crime. Criminal flees.

But, yeah, let's focus on AR-15's.

The very, very, very bad argument is found in all of the extreme carnage above. You can divide the AR-15's by their utilization in murder to get the numbers regarding their actual prevalence vis-a-vis competing societal ills which dwarf the use of AR's by criminals who are, as we know, gonna criminal.

Road trip...so I'm out. Enjoy the rest of this surreal weekend, folks. Stay safe!
Last edited by WaffleTwineFaceoff on Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. John Stuart Mill On Liberty 1859
a fan

Post by a fan »

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:07 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:42 pm
WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:18 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:41 pm Can't be that American society should not be allowed to own this type of weapon.
In the last 24 hours, 14 innocent Americans were killed by the 37 drunk drivers who died. Tomorrow will be the same. Every day will be the same. Statistically speaking. Therefore American society should not be allowed to own vehicles.
You're forgetting the rest of the metaphor.

-must register your car with State. This is VERY expensive, and registration expires. Meaning MORE money.
-added speed limits and a whole mess of traffic laws that fill an entire booklet, and hand out expensive tickets when even minor rules are broken.
-have to take an exam to prove you can drive one. And you must retake this exam periodically.

Have we done anything anywhere close to the same for guns?

20,000 gun laws on books local, state, federal would seem to be a start.

:lol: A start, yes. But what about the rest of it. You want to register every gun you own every five years like you do with a car? Do you want law enforcement to hand out expensive tickets to you at the same rate they hand out traffic tickets?

How about an exam every ten years for a handgun, and more intensive exams for rifles? Or how about being FORCED to pay liability insurance for every gun you own?

Have there been massive safety advances over the last four decades like there has with cars to reduce deaths?

Dude. As you know, I'm on board with guns. But this argument is a big, fat, loser. It's an AWFUL metaphor and argument.

If folks tried to regulate guns the way we regulate cars, you'd lose your freaking mind. ;)
a fan

Post by a fan »

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:07 pm But, yeah, let's focus on AR-15's.
The flip side is: why do you want to die on the AR 15 hill? They're not that cool. Throw them a bone.

You don't want to throw them ANY bones, and the NRA and other groups aren't lobbying for any other solutions....like massive increase in mental health spending. Your entire gun group advocates one position: "do nothing".

Which is why you get so much pushback from reasonable Americans. Spearhead a mental health campaign....pick something like that, and follow through.

Unasked for advice, I know.
WaffleTwineFaceoff

Post by WaffleTwineFaceoff »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:11 pm Dude. As you know, I'm on board with guns. But this argument is a big, fat, loser. It's an AWFUL metaphor and argument.
Disagree, even in 50 other posters here +1 your opinion.

Awful argument is suggesting one needs a license to exercise a right. Talk about slippery slopes which end up exactly where one fears. History is your friend, friend.

AR's are fun as feck for the whole family. Seriously. Really great plinking devices. Twist that however you'd like.

Okay...really gotta scoot.
The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. John Stuart Mill On Liberty 1859
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_ ... terrorism/

More pooh poohing to come from the usual suspects
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:16 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:11 pm Dude. As you know, I'm on board with guns. But this argument is a big, fat, loser. It's an AWFUL metaphor and argument.

Awful argument is suggesting one needs a license to exercise a right. Talk about slippery slopes which end up exactly where one fears. History is your friend, friend.

AR's are fun as feck for the whole family. Seriously. Really great plinking devices. Twist that however you'd like.
So are other guns. Again...I enjoy shooting. Trap, target, whatever. So does everyone with an ounce of competitive spirit.

I'm just telling you: if you ask folks to treat guns like you treat cars, don't act shocked when they do precisely that. You will NOT like the outcome. And yes, we have people in power who 100% want to treat guns like we treat cars.

Be careful for what you ask for, and all that........
DMac

Post by DMac »

I'm missing it, a fan. Treat guns like cars means what?
I do have mine oiled, but I need some help getting what
you mean here.
LaxFan2311

Post by LaxFan2311 »

A video of the deranged leftist shooter. He seemed normal. This is how leftists act. They are unhinged, dangerous people who will murder their political opponents to maintain power

https://x.com/sheckyi/status/1812524576 ... 3A8dXXaEwA
RIP a fan (8/30/24)

Cause of death: Violent Illegal Venezuelan gangs let into this country and his home by the Democrats and Kamala Harris.

Fondly remembered for being a troll, suffering from TDS and having keyboard diarrhea.
a fan

Post by a fan »

DMac wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:37 pm I'm missing it, a fan. Treat guns like cars means what?
you mean here.
I'm not suggesting we treat guns and cars the same.....Waffle is. And I told him that's a horrible argument.

Because if we did that? Guns would get a whole lot harder to get, and much, more expensive.

Picture, for example, having to pass an eye test to get a gun. :lol: Oh yeah, the NRA would LOVE that.

Waffle knows perfectly well that, for example, you can own a gun if you're blind.

Show of hands: who wants to give blind people driver's licenses? :lol:

From our conversation:

a fan

Post by a fan »

Pssst. Make sure you don't tell Petey and FoxNation that the shooter was a Republican.

Because as we all know, a Republican has never broken a law, ever. Oh, and Republicans don't like guns, and certainly wouldn't own one.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9apIwoS ... FpdGt4bWR2

I wonder if DEI Jihad Jane was also involved?
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:16 pm

Awful argument is suggesting one needs a license to exercise a right. Talk about slippery slopes which end up exactly where one fears. History is your friend, friend. ]

Okay...really gotta scoot.
So is a bolt action .22 rifle. You know, the ones the NRA used in gun safety and use courses before it was co-opted by the firearms manufacturers lobby.

Do you think people here are ignoramuses or without any memory?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
DMac

Post by DMac »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:03 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:37 pm I'm missing it, a fan. Treat guns like cars means what?
you mean here.
I'm not suggesting we treat guns and cars the same.....Waffle is. And I told him that's a horrible argument.

Because if we did that? Guns would get a whole lot harder to get, and much, more expensive.

Picture, for example, having to pass an eye test to get a gun. :lol: Oh yeah, the NRA would LOVE that.

Waffle knows perfectly well that, for example, you can own a gun if you're blind.

Show of hands: who wants to give blind people driver's licenses? :lol:

From our conversation:

Got it, thanks.
Blind people with guns?
Hell yeah, just gotta train 'em up a bit,
we need them for the militia too.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/q4INsWkEj3w
ggait

Post by ggait »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:14 pm
WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:07 pm But, yeah, let's focus on AR-15's.
The flip side is: why do you want to die on the AR 15 hill? They're not that cool. Throw them a bone.

You don't want to throw them ANY bones, and the NRA and other groups aren't lobbying for any other solutions....like massive increase in mental health spending. Your entire gun group advocates one position: "do nothing".

Which is why you get so much pushback from reasonable Americans. Spearhead a mental health campaign....pick something like that, and follow through.

Unasked for advice, I know.
Fyi ronald Reagan and both Bush presidents supported the federal awb.

Seemed like a pretty reasonable bi partisan concept at the time.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Video of gunman long before he takes a ahot, as he crawls along rooftop.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9bDBZmh ... 5zMzgyYw==
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
old salt

Post by old salt »

Given the way the gunman was dressed, I wonder if there was some uncertainty as to whether or not he was a member of the contingent of local & state police assigned for that event. If so, it could have required time to confirm his identity or presence, to prevent a friendly fire incident.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

old salt wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:54 pm Given the way the gunman was dressed, I wonder if there was some uncertainty as to whether or not he was a member of the contingent of local & state police assigned for that event. If so, it could have required time to confirm his identity or presence, to prevent a friendly fire incident.
A tangential thought has been bouncing around my head since this all began.

If someone was actually serious about this, they could dress up in tactical gear to be even less suspicious. All easily procurable on Amazon. A lot of the righty kids already have a lot of this gear.

Bystanders knew the kid was wrong and a threat even with the shirt. Everything else was off. But something official looking? hoo-boy. That buys you a few extra minutes.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Seeing reports that a local sheriff was boosted onto the roof to confront the shooter.

Shooter turned the rifle on the sheriff who had to retreat and fell off the roof. Then the shooter started firing.

Question. Is PA an open carry state? If so, many might think that a guy with rifle and cammo was a MAGA rather than a threat.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

ggait wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:12 am Seeing reports that a local sheriff was boosted onto the roof to confront the shooter.

Shooter turned the rifle on the sheriff who had to retreat and fell off the roof. Then the shooter started firing.

Question. Is PA an open carry state? If so, many might think that a guy with rifle and cammo was a MAGA rather than a threat.
Essentially yes.
https://www.pafoa.org/law/carrying-firearms/open-carry/
ggait

Post by ggait »

LaxFan2311 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:42 pm A video of the deranged leftist shooter. He seemed normal. This is how leftists act. They are unhinged, dangerous people who will murder their political opponents to maintain power

https://x.com/sheckyi/status/1812524576 ... 3A8dXXaEwA
Petey — what evidence do you have that that is the trump rally shooter. Video is from Arizona state campus in 2020. Shooter was still in high school in pa then. Graduated high school in 2022 and then attended a local community college.

Maybe you should get your news from reputable main stream sources?

Return to “POLITICS”