President Donald J. Trump—Part ll

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: President Donald J. Trump—Part ll

Post by a fan »

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:21 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:01 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:49 pm FYI - Bongino, ex SS for 12 years, who still talks with some of those that were on the stage, shares his two cents: https://x.com/nicksortor/status/1812485847737840058
Bongino nailed it... a catastrophic failure of security at the highest level. A whole lot of people should be fired or at least suspended come tomorrow morning.
Buck stops at Mayorkas and SS Director. Director should have been fired before the sun rose today.

The video analysis by knowledgeable personal protection professionals of the various SS agents, especially when they had Trump down by the armored vehicle for extraction, would be comedy gold if it wasn't so serious and frankly, downright scary. Numerous agents seemed to be employing some sort of "agent cosplay" techniques which the experts are picking apart in wonderment.

One particular agent, her head ping ponging left and right at 500 rpm, suddenly decides to draw her weapon in the middle of the pack, nearly fumbles that draw, miraculously doesn't negligently discharge the firearm, and then takes three fumbling tries to reholster it, including one into her badge. All of this while never wavering from the ping ponging head. Does the Secret Service have a Z-team?

Mind bogglingly inept game day performance by a once proud agency.
Once proud agency? Reagan was shot. Ford was shot at. JFK? Hardly a flawless record if the goal here is to castigate them.

Maybe this is just a REALLY hard job. Isn't that possible? Maybe wait for the report first?

This ain't the POTUS, folks......we'd do well to remember that. And they don't have bottomless resources.
Last edited by a fan on Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:26 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:49 pm FYI - Bongino, ex SS for 12 years, who still talks with some of those that were on the stage, shares his two cents: https://x.com/nicksortor/status/1812485847737840058
Bongino nailed it... a catastrophic failure of security at the highest level. A whole lot of people should be fired or at least suspended come tomorrow morning.
Buck stops at Mayorkas and SS Director. Director should have been fired before the sun rose today.

The video analysis by knowledgeable personal protection professionals of the various SS agents, especially when they had Trump down by the armored vehicle for extraction, would be comedy gold if it wasn't so serious and frankly, downright scary. Numerous agents seemed to be employing some sort of "agent cosplay" techniques which the experts are picking apart in wonderment.

One particular agent, her head ping ponging left and right at 500 rpm, suddenly decides to draw her weapon in the middle of the pack, nearly fumbles that draw, miraculously doesn't negligently discharge the firearm, and then takes three fumbling tries to reholster it, including one into her badge. All of this while never wavering from the ping ponging head. Does the Secret Service have a Z-team?

Once proud agency? Reagan was shot. Ford was shot. JFK? Hardly a flawless record if the goal here is to castigate them.

Maybe this is just a REALLY hard job. Isn't that possible? Maybe wait for the report first?

This ain't the POTUS, folks.]/b].....we'd do well to remember that. And they don't have bottomless resources.

Not according to some here. :roll:
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
WaffleTwineFaceoff

Post by WaffleTwineFaceoff »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:26 pm

Once proud agency? Reagan was shot. Ford was shot. JFK? Hardly a flawless record if the goal here is to castigate them.

This ain't the POTUS, folks......we'd do well to remember that. And they don't have bottomless resources.
No one suggesting it is an easy job. And I should have said "A mostly proud agency", but I was trying to be nice. We all remember the hookers and blow scandal in central America that one time.

But not securing rooftop positions 150 yards from the podium where the person you are being paid to protect would be speaking in a direct line of fire is gross negligence. And no excuses for "What should I do? I should draw! No I shouldn't!" befuddled swivel head girl, unless we learn that was her training. Seems like grizzled veterans of her profession feel explicitly and uniformly that that was most definitely not the case.

Secret service has 7,000 agents. That's a whole hell of a lot of resources, imho, from which to provide some A-team talent to folks with targets on their back. RFK has been practically begging, as I understand it, Mayorkas for a detail. Request denied. Don't quote me on that, but it would seem he would at least deserve consideration, considering. :roll:
The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. John Stuart Mill On Liberty 1859
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:23 pm
We have zero details. Impossible to tell if there was a failure. Bognino has no shame....wait for the details to come out before throwing the SS under the bus. These people put their lives on the line for someone who isn't even in government right now. Just a shred of respect for that would be nice.

Love that FoxNews decided to throw out "DEI" as the cause of the shooting. Cool. Keep on circling the drain, and learn NOTHING from yesterday.

Way to go, America!!
So you don't believe this involved a cataclysmic security failure? I sure do. FTR one of my sons best friends in the FAM service served with Dan Bongino and are close friends. If Dan Bongino is one of the good guys in my sons opinion I'll trust my son before I trust anything you have to say about him.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:35 pm No one suggesting it is an easy job. And I should have said "A mostly proud agency", but I was trying to be nice. We all remember the hookers and blow scandal in central America that one time.

But not securing rooftop positions 150 yards from the podium where the person you are being paid to protect would be speaking in a direct line of fire is gross negligence.
How do you know it wasn't secure before the event? We don't know yet. How many entrances and exits were on that building. Do you know? Or how about: 'how'd he get there?" Do you know?

A bit of patience is warranted. House meets on Monday. Start there. If you find failures? Great. Fix them. Today is not that day.
WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:35 pm And no excuses for "What should I do? I should draw! No I shouldn't!" befuddled swivel head girl, unless we learn that was her training. Seems like grizzled veterans of her profession feel explicitly and uniformly that that was most definitely not the case.
You can't think of one? I can: maybe she caught something out of the corner of her eye...drew her gun, and then realized it wasn't a threat.

There. Simple, rational explanation. You have a rebuttal for that?
WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:35 pm Secret service has 7,000 agents. That's a whole hell of a lot of resources, imho, from which to provide some A-team talent to folks with targets on their back. RFK has been practically begging, as I understand it, Mayorkas for a detail. Request denied. Don't quote me on that, but it would seem he would at least deserve consideration, considering. :roll:
Again, another quick conclusion, based on "what you heard".

Have Congress investigate. I'm all for it. But let's do that FIRST, before we jump to conclusions. Let's not act like it's insane to handle things this way.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:39 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:23 pm
We have zero details. Impossible to tell if there was a failure. Bognino has no shame....wait for the details to come out before throwing the SS under the bus. These people put their lives on the line for someone who isn't even in government right now. Just a shred of respect for that would be nice.

Love that FoxNews decided to throw out "DEI" as the cause of the shooting. Cool. Keep on circling the drain, and learn NOTHING from yesterday.

Way to go, America!!
So you don't believe this involved a cataclysmic security failure?
Don't know yet.

I fail to see how it's irrational to do a post game, and investigate BEFORE making conclusions. As I've said three times now, Congress has them on the carpet Monday morning. Let's aim before we shoot.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... one of the things I think most agree on is the SS could have done better vis-a-vis not letting a gunman with rifle get within 150 yards. That will change.

Having said that, enough with trying to blame the Biden administration. This was handled by the SS book. The book needs updating. Trump is not the President, he is a candidate, gets candidate level security. Not the same as Presidential level security.

Trump's own security team does deserve some blame -- they OKed the site! Someone really intent on killing Trump would have considered this site a gift! An outdoor site that was conducive to becoming a shooting gallery.
Last edited by jhu72 on Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
WaffleTwineFaceoff

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:46 pm
WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:35 pm No one suggesting it is an easy job. And I should have said "A mostly proud agency", but I was trying to be nice. We all remember the hookers and blow scandal in central America that one time.

But not securing rooftop positions 150 yards from the podium where the person you are being paid to protect would be speaking in a direct line of fire is gross negligence.
How do you know it wasn't secure before the event? We don't know yet. How many entrances and exits were on that building. Do you know? Or how about: 'how'd he get there?" Do you know?

A bit of patience is warranted. House meets on Monday. Start there. If you find failures? Great. Fix them. Today is not that day.
WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:35 pm And no excuses for "What should I do? I should draw! No I shouldn't!" befuddled swivel head girl, unless we learn that was her training. Seems like grizzled veterans of her profession feel explicitly and uniformly that that was most definitely not the case.
You can't think of one? I can: maybe she caught something out of the corner of her eye...drew her gun, and then realized it wasn't a threat.

There. Simple, rational explanation. You have a rebuttal for that?
WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:35 pm Secret service has 7,000 agents. That's a whole hell of a lot of resources, imho, from which to provide some A-team talent to folks with targets on their back. RFK has been practically begging, as I understand it, Mayorkas for a detail. Request denied. Don't quote me on that, but it would seem he would at least deserve consideration, considering. :roll:
Again, another quick conclusion, based on "what you heard".

Have Congress investigate. I'm all for it. But let's do that FIRST, before we jump to conclusions. Let's not act like it's insane to handle things this way.
What I heard, and qualified with "Don't quote me on it", was from a seemingly viable source. Use the google, you decide.

And doesn't matter on the whole roof/building clearance when there should have been someone from the good guy's team on that roof and other roofs DURING the event. Even a casual observer viewing google earth can make that leap of logic.

Go look at swivel girl footage if you care to, and listen to the comments of professionals in her field. I shared their opinions, and my impressions of those takes, after doing so. You're welcome to go have a look yourself, and rebuttle away directly with them. Have at it.
Last edited by WaffleTwineFaceoff on Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. John Stuart Mill On Liberty 1859
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Crazy…. Three months ago, a Pastor had this vision.

https://x.com/blackvaultcom/status/1812 ... a82I2GssRg
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Afan….to your one question. There is an aerial image out there of an extension ladder leaned up on the building in a place that appears not visible from the CAT vantage point; the backside of the building he was on. I can’t find it now.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:58 pm
What I heard, and qualified with "Don't quote me on it", was from a seemingly viable source. Use the google, you decide.

And doesn't matter on the whole roof/building clearance when there should have been someone from the good guy's team on that roof and others during the event. Even a casual observer viewing google earth can make that leap of logic.
Great. Tell me how many people they get for a detail for someone who is running for POTUS here in 2024. Start there.

Do you know?

All I'm saying is: wait until we get more information. You seem hell bent on jumping to conclusions. We all know why FoxNation is playing this game. Do we need to follow suit?

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:35 pm Go look at swivel girl footage if you care to, and listen to the comments of professionals in her field. I shared their opinions, and my impressions of those takes, after doing so. You're welcome to go have a look yourself, and rebuttle away directly them. Have at it.

I did look at the footage. The game here is to throw stones....and throw logic out the window.

Have no interest in monday morning quarterbacking... 24 hours after it happened.

It's pretty simple......I'm right. Wait until we get the information. THEN you can figure out what blame, if any, needs to be doled out.

The only rebuttal here is: "I don't want to wait until we get the whole picture, I want to start blaming people RIGHT NOW. Oh, and i want to base my conclusions based on images and comments from "some guy on the internet"'.

Hardly a convincing position....for anyone who's operating without an agenda.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:21 pm Afan….to your one question. There is an aerial image out there of an extension ladder leaned up on the building in a place that appears not visible from the CAT vantage point; the backside of the building he was on. I can’t find it now.
Doesn't matter.

YA, if you haven't learned by now to trust NOTHING you see on the internet.....I don't know what else to say. Believe nothing. None of it.

The House Republicans have an agenda here to propagate the Deep State narrative....I'm confident they'll turn over every stone from this incident soon enough, and will have zero motive to hide things from the public. THEN we can know what happened.
WaffleTwineFaceoff

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:25 pm

And doesn't matter on the whole roof/building clearance when there should have been someone from the good guy's team on that roof and others during the event. Even a casual observer viewing google earth can make that leap of logic.
Great. Tell me how many people they get for a detail for someone who is running for POTUS here in 2024. Start there.

Do you know?

All I'm saying is: wait until we get more information. You seem hell bent on jumping to conclusions. We all know why FoxNation is playing this game. Do we need to follow suit?

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:35 pm Go look at swivel girl footage if you care to, and listen to the comments of professionals in her field. I shared their opinions, and my impressions of those takes, after doing so. You're welcome to go have a look yourself, and rebuttle away directly them. Have at it.

I did look at the footage. The game here is to throw stones....and throw logic out the window.

Have no interest in monday morning quarterbacking... 24 hours after it happened.

It's pretty simple......I'm right. Wait until we get the information. THEN you can figure out what blame, if any, needs to be doled out.

The only rebuttal here is: "I don't want to wait until we get the whole picture, I want to start blaming people RIGHT NOW. Oh, and i want to base my conclusions based on images and comments from "some guy on the internet"'.

I am so confused! I thought boards like this were invented for Monday morning quarterbacking and agenda-ing! Thanks for setting me straight. ;)
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Say what you like about DMac – at least he's honest. He never tries to be anybody except who he is. I have no problem with his comments. He doesn't hold political office and he's not on TV or Twitter trying to whip people into a froth. He's just a regular down-to-earth guy. That's how he feels about Trump. He's been consistent about it. I don't agree with his comments but I don't need to agree with him on everything.

Another thing about ol' D--he's fair. He and I have had our share of knock-down-drag-out's over the 5+ years I've been on these boards. But he doesn't let that cloud his judgment when I post something he agrees with.

That's all. Just wanted to say that.
a fan

Post by a fan »

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:35 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:25 pm

Do you know?

I am so confused! I thought boards like this were invented for Monday morning quarterbacking and agenda-ing! Thanks for setting me straight. ;)
It was invented for discussing issues.

You're 100% welcome to make judgements with 1% of the information on hand. Just as I'm welcome to laugh at how absurd that is.

It's all good. And it's all welcome. ;)
FannOLax

Orange Duce ll

Post by FannOLax »

Dude wants to be a dictator.
DMac

Re: Orange Duce ll

Post by DMac »

FannOLax wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:59 pm Dude wants to be a dictator.
Yet, there are mindbogglingly many who are either blind to this,
or don't care/are alright with having a King Trump, gold toilets and all.
LaxFan2311

Re: Orange Duce ll

Post by LaxFan2311 »

FannOLax wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:59 pm Dude wants to be a dictator.
This is dangerous rhetoric that contributed to the assassination attempt. Please start educating yourself and tone down your dangerous rhetoric.
RIP a fan (8/30/24)

Cause of death: Violent Illegal Venezuelan gangs let into this country and his home by the Democrats and Kamala Harris.

Fondly remembered for being a troll, suffering from TDS and having keyboard diarrhea.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Uh, it’s not rhetoric. That is precisely what Trump has said. You know that.
LaxFan2311

Post by LaxFan2311 »

njbill wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:57 pm Uh, it’s not rhetoric. That is precisely what Trump has said. You know that.
2.5 minutes of Democrats calling for political violence.

https://x.com/libsoftiktok/status/18123 ... 3A8dXXaEwA

Democrats are vile, evil people who will kill their political opponents to maintain power
RIP a fan (8/30/24)

Cause of death: Violent Illegal Venezuelan gangs let into this country and his home by the Democrats and Kamala Harris.

Fondly remembered for being a troll, suffering from TDS and having keyboard diarrhea.

Return to “POLITICS”