Stony Brook 2025

D1 Womens Lacrosse
LaxAllStars

Stony Brook 2025

Post by LaxAllStars »

Stony Brook coach Joe Spallina

Podcast July 2024

Talks about Seawolves, Joey at SU and Alexa to Clemson.

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show ... na-e2ljeqv
Lax832s

Re: Stony Brook 2025

Post by Lax832s »

Is he leaving stony Brooke
cdb

Post by cdb »

Great interview. In it he doesn't say anything negative about Kayla, but was frustrated about the lack of locker room when he played at CUSE. I cannot imagine forcing an opponent to change in closets.... But that is on the CUSE AD not the coach.

He also mentioned how impressed his daughter was that Dabo Swinney personally invited her to come to Clemson and build in WLAX what Clemson has already built in Football. That certainly indicates how important Clemson see WLAX in their future. Joe indicated that was one of the major reasons his daughter changed to Clemson.

As to a great story about Dabo: Years ago BC had a great linebacker (Herzog) was was destined to be a first round draft choice. He developed a rare bone Cancer that usually results in death. Herzog has surgery that involved bone removal and large steel rods being put into his body. He survived and was not expected to ever play football again. He not only played but went on to play 10 years for the NY Giants. But back to Dabo.
Dabo had all of his team sign a Clemson football and presented it to him during a BC - Clemson football game. That seems to be the way Clemson treats folks -- even in the competitive world of Division I football. Many of his players forgo going into the NFL as soon as they can and play for Clemson 4-5 years.I believe that is the same type of program Clemson will try to build in WLAX. They have a tremendous fan base -- and a very generous fan base -- which allows them to do things financially that other schools may not be able to match.

There are other ACC schools who have money -- schools like BC -- who are just starting to spend it -- point is that some schools do not have the money to invest in WLAX the way Clemson is -- and when they do -- it will change the landscape -- schools like BC and NC, NW, etc. will have to spend similarly to keep up , but it will be a choice they can make -- other schools that are already having financial difficulties throughout the entire scope of the university will not be able to keep up.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Lax832s wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:45 am Is he leaving stony Brooke
2025-26 he’s leaving.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Relax77 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:00 pm
2025-26 he’s leaving.
Press release?

Stony Brook signed off on this?

Who is recruiting for Stony Brook now since he is in his lame duck year?

If he is leaving, that would means his assistants are openly telling recruits. What is the reaction of recruits when they visit Stony Brook?

Who is Coach Kwolek firing at Clemson to bring on Joe next year? Surely that must be awkward for the assistant who knows they are also in a lame duck year. Do they have their next job lined up?

You see what I am getting at here?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Now the Seawolves were changing in closets?
It gets worse, you forgot muddy.
Oh, the horror. Molehill-mountain.
cdb

Post by cdb »

As someone who just began reading and enjoying this these boards, I have been amazed at some of the posts.

Sometimes, a factual post can do more damage than good. Since I am a novice I have no idea about the personal life of Kayla Treanor or Joe S, but I do know that these kinds of posts are very harmful to the people and schools involved. If the Stony Brook Coach is leaving, that puts the school at a disadvantage with the current staff and team and with recruits.Why would someone want that to get out now? You can bet it will be used by other coaching staffs on the recruiting trail. I doubt Joe has announced this to anyone because he has a reputation for being a smart guy and to do so would be the opposite of smart. You may recall that back in the early part of this century, BC fired a 10 win football coach because he LOOKED into a better job elsewhere. So, I cannot imagine Joe would want this info out there.

In this case of KT, I have no idea about what is going on with her personal life and I really care to know unless her behavior transfers in a negative way to her position as coach. There are some here that do not believe in her coaching style -- that is a valid point -- the rumors about her personal life may be true or not, but, as I have stated before -- I spend time trying to research what I hear so I can make my own conclusions -- and everything about this issue comes back to this site with folks who seem bent on keeping the rumors going. Truth will come out without help.

I have also seen posts about players being highly overrated -- I don't understand those posts -- if a athlete does not work out at a school the way she hoped or was expected there are many factors that may cause her not to meet expectations -- yes, some may be on the athlete, but certainly some go on the coaching staff -- the university, and her teammates. Almost all of the Lacrosse schools are demanding academic institutions -- they don't give their degrees away -- the student has to earn them -- it is tough to go to class -- study -- prepare research and term type papers -- in my case as a football player also go to mandatory study hall -- then also attend team meetings, watch tape -- practice -- travel -- be in your dorm at a certain time for bed checks -- etc. It is not an easier path. It is just as difficult for the players who sit at the end of the bench hoping to get a couple of minutes of game time as it for the stars. You can bet that those players are giving everything they can for the team and for their personal development. In the revenue sports almost all of the players are on full scholarships and many get NIL money -- the playing field is not level for these athletes -- many get very little back for all they give.

I would like to see more charity on these boards.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:45 am
Relax77 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:00 pm
2025-26 he’s leaving.
Press release?

Stony Brook signed off on this?

Who is recruiting for Stony Brook now since he is in his lame duck year?

If he is leaving, that would means his assistants are openly telling recruits. What is the reaction of recruits when they visit Stony Brook?

Who is Coach Kwolek firing at Clemson to bring on Joe next year? Surely that must be awkward for the assistant who knows they are also in a lame duck year. Do they have their next job lined up?

You see what I am getting at here?
I'm with Relax on this. This will be Joe's last year at SB. Heard from a source that Pirecca will take over.

Currently only one asst coach listed on staff at Clemson so no one needs to be let go (and you can now have 3 full time assistants). Anyway, this is still all speculation at this point, but based on reading the tea leaves and the rumor mill, he'll be in Tiger Town fall of 2025.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

You’ve proven my point. All speculation or rumor.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:52 pm You’ve proven my point. All speculation or rumor.
But where there's smoke...
DMac

Post by DMac »

spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

DMac wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:44 pm Indeed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRBAZJ4lF0U
:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
realitychecks

Post by realitychecks »

JS is not retiring til he is able to thru NYS retirement which isn’t for a few years. Relax77 acts like he has this inside info because his daughter played for JS before she was cut/replaced and other is at Clemson From my sources he is about to sign a big extension and has told recruits that. SB ponied up
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

realitychecks wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:31 am JS is not retiring til he is able to thru NYS retirement which isn’t for a few years. Relax77 acts like he has this inside info because his daughter played for JS before she was cut/replaced and other is at Clemson From my sources he is about to sign a big extension and has told recruits that. SB ponied up
🤦🏻‍♂️
1. My daughters have never played for JS. Probably at their detriment.

2. You keep going around trying to tell everyone who I am. You went on another site and told everyone there my daughters are a player in Clemson and her sister is committed to Maryland. WRONG. LMAO. Of course they deleted that post because trying to out someone’s daughters on anonymous forums is bananas. Something you have tried to do four times now. But we already know you are from your previous dm’s saying you are telling Joe that I don’t think his daughter is #1.

3, Next time you see your cousin at the 25th Spallina reunion or when you are cleaning his pool, serving him coffee or whoever the hell you are to him, please tell him if he wants to stop the rumors on the Island about him leaving, ask him to stop his assistant from telling pLong Island Club Directors that she is taking over in 2026.

Now. please stop stalking me and my posts. It was insane that you dove into my 700 posts a couple months ago to try to find out who my daughters are. It was insane to dm me saying you were gonna tell Joe and imply it would hurt my 2025 player. You are a little unhinged like the Shooter McGavin fanboy that went after Happy Gilmore. I’m starting to be concerned.
And now you drop what you think my name is on another site. It took three minutes on the internet to find what family you think we are. So I’m sure it took everyone else two to find out. That sucks for him and his daughters because I know he reads these posts. Also some ofhis daughter’s teammates parents read these posts. Who knows, maybe there’s another psychotic there who can’t take a post that says something as heinous as “Cuse’s bigger problem is Eisfeld left. They can handle AS leaving but Eisfeld is the bigger blow.” (Yes. That was the post that once again sent them off but we know overreacting on realitychecks part is par for his/her course when it comes to anything Spallina related) I think it’s time for you to Put the keyboard away realitychecks. I would say use your other screw names but you can’t hide crazy so it would be pretty easy to tell it’s you. All someone has to post is “Joe’s shirt looks a little tight” and you would get unhinged again.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Speculation or not, i think it's very possible that JS leaves Stonybrook within the next 3 years. Stonybrook is a good program but somewhat limited in resources. I think JS would like to have a shot at competing where resources are more plentiful. He's one of the great coaches in our game and i think he deserves it
McLax9777

Post by McLax9777 »

Relax77 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:39 am
realitychecks wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:31 am JS is not retiring til he is able to thru NYS retirement which isn’t for a few years. Relax77 acts like he has this inside info because his daughter played for JS before she was cut/replaced and other is at Clemson From my sources he is about to sign a big extension and has told recruits that. SB ponied up
🤦🏻‍♂️

2. You keep going around trying to tell everyone who I am. You went on another site and told everyone there my daughters are a player in Clemson and her sister is committed to Maryland. WRONG. LMAO. Of course they deleted that post because trying to out someone’s daughters on anonymous forums is bananas. Something you have tried to do four times now. But we already know you are from your previous dm’s saying you are telling Joe that I don’t think his daughter is #1.

3, Next time you see your cousin at the 25th Spallina reunion or when you are cleaning his pool, serving him coffee or whoever the hell you are to him, please tell him if he wants to stop the rumors on the Island about him leaving, ask him to stop his assistant from telling pLong Island Club Directors that she is taking over in 2026.

Now. please stop stalking me and my posts. It was insane that you dove into my 700 posts a couple months ago to try to find out who my daughters are. It was insane to dm me saying you were gonna tell Joe and imply it would hurt my 2025 player. You are a little unhinged like the Shooter McGavin fanboy that went after Happy Gilmore. I’m starting to be concerned.
And now you drop what you think my name is on another site. It took three minutes on the internet to find what family you think we are. So I’m sure it took everyone else two to find out. That sucks for him and his daughters because I know he reads these posts. Also some ofhis daughter’s teammates parents read these posts. Who knows, maybe there’s another psychotic there who can’t take a post that says something as heinous as “Cuse’s bigger problem is Eisfeld left. They can handle AS leaving but Eisfeld is the bigger blow.” (Yes. That was the post that once again sent them off but we know overreacting on realitychecks part is par for his/her course when it comes to anything Spallina related) I think it’s time for you to Put the keyboard away realitychecks. I would say use your other screw names but you can’t hide crazy so it would be pretty easy to tell it’s you. All someone has to post is “Joe’s shirt looks a little tight” and you would get unhinged again.
Someone scanned through 700 of your posts 😳 Tell us more.
cdb

Post by cdb »

I wish I had the knowledge of this sport that many of you have -- that is why I am here -- to glean as much as I can in order to increase my knowledge. Many of my associates had told me that WLAX was the next big thing in sports -- even bigger than Women's Basketball with its two new superstars. So, I began watching it on ESPN+. They broadcast so many games. I immediately so why there was so much optimism -- the speculation is that college football -- the revenue king -- is becoming supersaturated with so many games telecast each week -- that less and less folks are going to want to watch those games whose fan base may be limited to folks who have an interest in or attended those schools.

WLAX isn't like that -- it captivates you no matter who is playing -- yes, we all want to root for our favorites -- but it is such an exciting sport and the athletes are so talented. And the drama -- some goaltender coming up big in a game so the David can beat Goliath -- how difficult it is to win a NC no matter how talented your team. I mean the drama in the finals -- Dolce making that save and then one of the best passesr to ever play the game missing a wide-open attacker with 3 seconds on the clock. You can't write that kind of script! The whole concept of student-athlete -- these are all students who achieve in the classroom. I was both amazed and captivated. My associates believe this sport will become a revenue sport -- that talented athletes will get full scholarships -- that talented athletes will get NIL -- that full-season professional leagues will be developed. I had been told that Clemson was all in and that intrigued me -- because I remember when Clemson went all in for football -- building the best facilities -- having the best equipment -- ensuring that athletes stayed for their college career to avoid the whole one and done mentality -- making the fan experience a bucket-list type experience -- and I saw the result --2 NCs, a rabid generous fan base, folks coming down to Clemson on football weekends and having to p ay ridiculous prices for TWO nights in a hotel to see one game. etc. Why are they doing that? I can see now where they expect WLAX to go. It is a great fan experience and yo can understand enough of the game without having to be super-knowledgeable.

So, I want to be on the site that gives the best info about the sport -- I want to watch the power and intermediate power schools react to this coming change -- it's an exciting time.

What I don't want to do is watch folks argue here.This is just a blog -- that is all it is -- we all have folks who love and cherish us and that is where we get our self-esteem. If anyone here wants to disparage or critique me -- that's okay -- I don't come here for any of that -- my unsolicited advice is to take it outside -- I am not interested in watching two posters who I respect because of their knowledge of the game -- fight like bullies on the playground. I declare you that you both win and beg of you to get back to posting about the sports and not each other.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

McLax9777 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:37 am
Relax77 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:39 am
🤦🏻‍♂️

Someone scanned through 700 of your posts 😳 Tell us more.
🤷🏻‍♂️. Realitychecks is a stage five stalker. I’d link the post I put out showing the dm but then realitycheck or whatever screen name Joe’s fifth cousin is using these days may tell Joe to call Allison and Cathy and change my daughter’s roommates. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”