Kayla Treanor. Is this true?

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Idontknowtherules

Re: Kayla Treanor. Is this true?

Post by Idontknowtherules »

DMac wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:35 pm All honesty it never should have been begun.
Only one reason, well two, it was. There's no
escaping the criticism of such poor decisions,
particularly when given the role and position(s).
Aint no sweepin' it under the rug, the dirt's out there.
.....and it sucks, big time!!
I agree and disagree at the same time This thread dragged on But potential recruits and current players are told time and again Your behavior and the way you conduct yourself is a representation of your character and kids have been passed over and asked to leave teams due to poor choices KT is a representation of cuse lacrosse and is also under the microscope Her conduct be it personal or not, is being watched and she should be held to a higher standard
At this point I’m guessing the silence gives everyone their answer She stays But I’m sure not without some warning
UpDownLax

Post by UpDownLax »

DMac wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:58 pm The question here is, who is the widely :lol: ?
Alicia thinks so though. Brought her a vanilla ice cream,
club soda, and mulberry syrup very tasty and refreshing
drink on Monday (a DMac original concoction). She loved
it, and none of you have ever had one of those. From the
gods, it's delightful.
Is that the cobblestone in Liverpool? It’s been a couple decades but that bar look’s familiar… any vodka or rum in that? either way, I need to get some mulberry syrup.
DMac

Post by DMac »

It is the Cobblestone (seats and tables on the porch is the best seat in the house...lot of passersby, all of whom are fair game).
No rum or vodka in it, Alicia doesn't drink (or smoke pot), and I don't get within' ten feet of liquor.
truelaxfan217

Post by truelaxfan217 »

DMac wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:38 pm Ha, yet here you are hangin' out with us.
Pathetic
truelaxfan217

Post by truelaxfan217 »

DMac wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:38 pm Ha, yet here you are hangin' out with us.
Pathetic
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

Abby Rehfuss out at Syracuse. Rumors don't lead to someone being fired...
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

I am sure they had to get rid of one of them and she got paid well to leave. Getting rid of an assistant also doesn't open up the transfer portal like a change in head coach would. Smart on everyone's part.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

laxfan9999 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:05 am I am sure they had to get rid of one of them and she got paid well to leave. Getting rid of an assistant also doesn't open up the transfer portal like a change in head coach would. Smart on everyone's part.
Agreed.

Heard that the administration were fine with the situation through summer but some parents decided to complain and it left them no option.

Abby is a good coach and I’m sure will find a good landing spot.
LaxEveryDay

Post by LaxEveryDay »

The parents were complaining about a multiple issues within the program. Administration didn’t like the situation because it violated their policy of having a relationship with a subordinate. One of them had to go or at least be transferred to different position in athletics where there wouldn’t be a relationship with a subordinate.
Laxparent

Post by Laxparent »

The relationship was documented appropriately with HR and approved well before the firestorm in July. Many of the rumors that have swirled about details are categorically false. The administration only backpedaled after parents complained. Abby is a good person and coach who got a raw deal. She will land on her feet.
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

Laxparent wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 3:08 pm The relationship was documented appropriately with HR and approved well before the firestorm in July. Many of the rumors that have swirled about details are categorically false. The administration only backpedaled after parents complained. Abby is a good person and coach who got a raw deal. She will land on her feet.
Begs the question...if nothing wrong occurred (complaints or not), then why would she be let go?
LaxEveryDay

Post by LaxEveryDay »

Because you can’t have a relationship with your subordinate. It’s in Syracuse’s policy so administration abided by it and said that one of them needed to go.
D-Lax

Post by D-Lax »

How many parents? And, what "other issues?" Not a fan of parents coming on an anonymous forum trying to affect a program. We've all seen this over and over again through the years with certain team parents needing to have control over a program. It's not a good reflection back. Have self-respect and be transparent.
LaxEveryDay wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:37 am The parents were complaining about a multiple issues within the program. Administration didn’t like the situation because it violated their policy of having a relationship with a subordinate. One of them had to go or at least be transferred to different position in athletics where there wouldn’t be a relationship with a subordinate.
MDstateMan

Post by MDstateMan »

Laxparent wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 3:08 pm The relationship was documented appropriately with HR and approved well before the firestorm in July. Many of the rumors that have swirled about details are categorically false. The administration only backpedaled after parents complained. Abby is a good person and coach who got a raw deal. She will land on her feet.
Wait, so a newly married coach went to HR to document having an affair with....her subordinate? and to top it off, HR approved and gave it a green light?
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

MDstateMan wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:30 pm
Wait, so a newly married coach went to HR to document having an affair with....her subordinate? and to top it off, HR approved and gave it a green light?
Yes, that seems to be the case. And I mentioned a few times over the summer why human resources would sign off on this. And somehow my explanation made me homophobic or overly political or whatever. But the fact remains through the eyes of HR, a female/female relationship makes things a little more tricky.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:35 pm
Yes, that seems to be the case. And I mentioned a few times over the summer why human resources would sign off on this. And somehow my explanation made me homophobic or overly political or whatever. But the fact remains through the eyes of HR, a female/female relationship makes things a little more tricky.
I think the fact that she was still married at the time is what has people questioning the timeline. So the school just signed off on her extramarital affair with a subordinate, knowing what the repercussions could be once it went public? The gender of those involved has nothing to do with anything.

Abby was hired in August I believe and KT didn't get married until 12/31. They approve this before the wedding? Or was it after? Either way, I find it hard to believe that Cuse wouldn't have required KT to cancel the wedding or to bring her husband up to speed on what was going on before signing off on anything.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

hmmm wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 5:12 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:35 pm
I think the fact that she was still married at the time is what has people questioning the timeline. So the school just signed off on her extramarital affair with a subordinate, knowing what the repercussions could be once it went public? The gender of those involved has nothing to do with anything.

Abby was hired in August I believe and KT didn't get married until 12/31. They approve this before the wedding? Or was it after? Either way, I find it hard to believe that Cuse wouldn't have required KT to cancel the wedding or to bring her husband up to speed on what was going on before signing off on anything.
The only responsibility Syracuse had once KT brought the relationship to their attention was to determine if they would allow it re: employee conduct agreement. Any suggestion that Cuse should have been involved with the husband, telling him, giving directives on the wedding, etc is just bananas. “Require her to cancel the wedding”?! Syracuse isn’t a marital counselor. Holy moly

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”