Voting

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Voting

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:24 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:19 pm REAL ID makes it possible to do without showing up at a polling place.
Don't be so tech resistant.
You can vote remotely in Colorado, right now, today, without showing your ID to a Elections official. What part of this don't you understand? There is no election official standing in front of you when you mail in your ballot, or drop it off at dropboxes.

You're telling us dropboxes are bad, and not showing your RealID to vote is bad. Remember?

You're forgetting your own complaints. Happy to pull up your cracks about ballot boxes near Migrants, if I have to.

But I don't need to do that, because you're gaslighting, and are perfectly happy with less secure elections.
You're confusing yourself. CO just needs to access the REAL ID data already on file.
See my preceding post.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:22 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 1:50 pm
No. He wants his team to win. Not at all the same thing.

If he thought more voting would help get the outcomes he wants? He'd be on here lecturing us about the importance of voter access.
Yes he does. Analysis has shown that when less of the other people vote ‘his team’ wins. I have not seem him suggest any system that results in more people voting. With all the real problems facing voters, Old Soldier wants to focus on something that history has shown isn’t a real problem. Yeah someone was delivering some ballots in Bridgeport, CT….notice he never mentions the Republicans committing voter fraud and the people that do are Red Blooded Americans. 🇺🇸

He has gotten this far by dealing with people that are stupid or let him slide. It is what it is…Old Salt and people like Old Salt want to maintain the old way of life in this country. I don’t blame him. It has happened with each and every empire. Life is good at the top. Let’s get back to the good old days when there was less competition and folks like Old Salt were able to jump to the front of the line….now it’s “they aren’t doing it the right way”. Liars and frauds.
I've been trying to tell you how, but you both refuse to consider using REAL ID data because it better serves your agenda not to.

How do CT & CO currently verify that every registered voter is a US citizen & who they claim to be ?
TSA already does that via REAL ID data matching. Election officials can do the same.
ggaslamp understands how REAL ID AVR works. Hire him to implement it in CO.
For CT - hire Wanda in Bridgeport to do it, she's looking for a new job.
Last edited by old salt on Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:16 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:25 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:19 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 1:49 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:42 am
Put the dancing drop boxes next to the NGO migrant shelters. What could go wrong ?
Right. Please, try and dance all you want.

It's simple, if you're not a drooling idiot, and you think our elections need top notch security?

The only answer is in person voting, Read ID in hand, Police at every entrance and exit.

Duh. Real hard to figure out. The fact that you would try and argue around keeping absentee ballots tells me you are LYING and could give a sh(t about serious voting security.

There's no exit from this. No offramp.

And yet? Neither you nor anyone in your party in ANY of the 23 Republican run States is even THINKING about doing this.

Why? Because your base is a bunch of boomers, and if you force in-person elections, you'll LOSE.

You know it. I know it. The forum knows it. You're LYING and don't give a fig about election security, and know full well that every one of your votes is counted, and counted accurately.

And there isn't a rebuttal to this. If I thought for a second that the Far-Right-Nutjobs (or Left, while we're at it) were even TRYING to fix our elections, I'd be screaming from the rooftops to demand in person only elections, to keep them from ruining our country.
Yes there is a rebuttal. REAL ID makes it possible to do without showing up at a polling place.
Your REAL ID has a ID# & your signature which can be electronically compared to your ballot request & your ballot.
Who “matches” the signatures? Matching a signature is silly. Joe poll worker decides if it’s close enough. Would hate to have people like you matching IDs.
Your state's DMV computer can. Look at the front of your REAL ID. You'll see your ID# on the top & your signature below your pic.
The poll worker scans your signature & ID# & they're compared to the REAL ID data.
If they match, the poll worker's computer screen shows => OK T Leopold
If no match -> NO Match [VIEW DATA] , & the poll worker compares the REAL ID data to the document(s).
I wouldn’t want people like you having any say in who can and who can’t. You are basically the guy handing out literacy tests in the old days. May have volunteered for it actually. It was within your lifetime.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:26 pm

If he thought more voting would help get the outcomes he wants? He'd be on here lecturing us about the importance of voter access.
Yes he does. Analysis has shown that when less of the other people vote ‘his team’ wins. I have not seem him suggest any system that results in more people voting. With all the real problems facing voters, Old Soldier wants to focus on something that history has shown isn’t a real problem. Yeah someone was delivering some ballots in Bridgeport, CT….notice he never mentions the Republicans committing voter fraud and the people that do are Red Blooded Americans. 🇺🇸

He has gotten this far by dealing with people that are stupid or let him slide. It is what it is…Old Salt and people like Old Salt want to maintain the old way of life in this country. I don’t blame him. It has happened with each and every empire. Life is good at the top. Let’s get back to the good old days when there was less competition and folks like Old Salt were able to jump to the front of the line….now it’s “they aren’t doing it the right way”. Liars and frauds.
I've been trying to tell you how, but you both refuse to consider using REAL ID data because it better serves your agenda not to.

How do CT & CO currently verify that every registered voter is a US citizen & who they claim to be ?
TSA already does that via REAL ID data matching. Election officials can do the same.
What does TSA have to do with a constitutional right. You want less people voting.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:35 pm
Put the dancing drop boxes next to the NGO migrant shelters. What could go wrong ?

It's simple, if you're not a drooling idiot, and you think our elections need top notch security?

The only answer is in person voting, Read ID in hand, Police at every entrance and exit.

Duh. Real hard to figure out. The fact that you would try and argue around keeping absentee ballots tells me you are LYING and could give a sh(t about serious voting security.

And yet? Neither you nor anyone in your party in ANY of the 23 Republican run States is even THINKING about doing this.

Why? Because your base is a bunch of boomers, and if you force in-person elections, you'll LOSE.

You know it. I know it. The forum knows it. You're LYING and don't give a fig about election security, and know full well that every one of your votes is counted, and counted accurately.

And there isn't a rebuttal to this. If I thought for a second that the Far-Right-Nutjobs (or Left, while we're at it) were even TRYING to fix our elections, I'd be screaming from the rooftops to demand in person only elections, to keep them from ruining our country.
Yes there is a rebuttal. REAL ID makes it possible to do without showing up at a polling place.
Your REAL ID has a ID# & your signature which can be electronically compared to your ballot request & your ballot.
Who “matches” the signatures? Matching a signature is silly. Joe poll worker decides if it’s close enough. Would hate to have people like you matching IDs.
Your state's DMV computer can. Look at the front of your REAL ID. You'll see your ID# on the top & your signature below your pic.
The poll worker scans your signature & ID# & they're compared to the REAL ID data.
If no match -> NO Match [VIEW DATA] , & the poll worker compares the REAL ID data to the document(s).
I wouldn’t want people like you having any say in who can and who can’t. You are basically the guy handing out literacy tests in the old days. May have volunteered for it actually. It was within your lifetime.
You don"t need "people like me". Stick with Wanda & friends => https://www.ctpost.com/news/article/bri ... 563196.php
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:39 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:35 pm

You don"t need "people like me". Stick with Wanda & friends => https://www.ctpost.com/news/article/bri ... 563196.php
I already mentioned Bridgeport. People like them, and people like you have a long history in this country.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/r ... oter-fraud

You and people like you want less Americans voting, not more people voting.

This is an example of a person like you.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:38 pm About 5 years ago we received a request for a ballot in the mail for the lady who owned our house and died in 2005.
Just curious. Do you know where the previous owner resided when she passed ? Her Death Certificate may have shown an out of state address or for some other reason may not have reached the agency responsible for purging your district's voter rolls.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:26 pm I've been trying to tell you how, but you both refuse to consider using REAL ID data because it better serves your agenda not to.
For the third time....A. what do you think we have here in Colorado? Every Valid ID in Colorado is Real ID. Started issuing them in 2012.

You mocked it anyway, citing (drumroll) that you think that ballot boxes are clear opportunities for election fraud.

And being SO SEROUS about this election fraud: you're not interested in the obvious and ONLY solution...in person only, Real ID in hand.

And you can't tell me why. Folks can't take the minimal amount of effort to show up and vote? Come on.
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:26 pm TSA already does that via REAL ID data matching. Election officials can do the same.
No. They can't. I have no idea why I need to explain the difference between standing in front of a TSA agent with your Real ID....and standing in front of.... a mailbox, miles away from an election official, with no Real ID to look at. But here we are.

You're gaslighting so hard that you're acting like you don't know the above is what you're championing.
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:26 pm gaslamp understands how REAL ID AVR works. Hire him to implement it in CO.
Already done. You know, how GGait has been trying to tell you how great our system is? And you've been telling him how horrible it is (without knowing we've been using RealID, of course).
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:26 pm For CT - hire Wanda in Bridgeport to do it, she's looking for a new job.
All you're doing is making my argument for me over and over and over. The ONLY solution is in-person voting.

And it tells the forum everything that they need to know that you're against it. It gives you precisely what you're claiming to ask for....yet you don't want it.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:58 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:26 pm I've been trying to tell you how, but you both refuse to consider using REAL ID data because it better serves your agenda not to.
For the third time....A. what do you think we have here in Colorado? Every Valid ID in Colorado is Real ID. Started issuing them in 2012.

You mocked it anyway, citing (drumroll) that you think that ballot boxes are clear opportunities for election fraud.

And being SO SEROUS about this election fraud: you're not interested in the obvious and ONLY solution...in person only, Real ID in hand.

And you can't tell me why. Folks can't take the minimal amount of effort to show up and vote? Come on.
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:26 pm TSA already does that via REAL ID data matching. Election officials can do the same.
No. They can't. I have no idea why I need to explain the difference between standing in front of a TSA agent with your Real ID....and standing in front of.... a mailbox, miles away from an election official, with no Real ID to look at. But here we are.

You're gaslighting so hard that you're acting like you don't know the above is what you're championing.
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:26 pm gaslamp understands how REAL ID AVR works. Hire him to implement it in CO.
Already done. You know, how GGait has been trying to tell you how great our system is? And you've been telling him how horrible it is (without knowing we've been using RealID, of course).
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:26 pm For CT - hire Wanda in Bridgeport to do it, she's looking for a new job.
All you're doing is making my argument for me over and over and over. The ONLY solution is in-person voting.

And it tells the forum everything that they need to know that you're against it. It gives you precisely what you're claiming to ask for....yet you don't want it.
FLASH -- I know you're not telling me anything I don't already know. I told you long ago that all US states & territories are REAL ID compliant.

You're gaslighting & diverting,
In CO, when the ballots arrive in the mail or from the drop boxes -- how are the voters' ID & citizenship verified before their votes are recorded ?
Is CO using the REAL ID data they already have to verify that every voter is a US citizen & who they claim to be ?

You're either too stubborn or too obtuse to acknowledge how ID & citizenship can be electronicaly verified for absentee voting via REAL ID data matching, the same way TSA PreCheck does.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:16 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:58 pm

FLASH -- I know you're not telling me anything I don't already know. I told you long ago that all US states & territories are REAL ID compliant.

In CO, when the ballots arrive in the mail or from the drop boxes -- how are the voters' ID & citizenship verified before their votes are recorded ?
Is CO using the REAL ID data they already have to verify that every voter is a US citizen & who they claim to be ?

You're either too stubborn or too obtuse to acknowledge how ID & citizenship can be electronicaly verified for absentee voting via REAL ID data matching, the same way TSA PreCheck does.
FLASH - - https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/r ... oter-fraud

You and people like you want less Americans voting, not more people voting.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:16 pm FLASH -- I know you're not telling me anything I don't already know. I told you long ago that all US states & territories are REAL ID compliant.

They aren't. The voters aren't there.

I can do this all day. You're either ok with absentee ballots, or you're not.

Try and get on a plane without RealID....or being there physically.

Why doesn't the TSA allow that? Do what the CO election officials are doing---matching a ballot signature with what they have on file?

And there's more. The TSA agent would have to use your signature, and your signature alone....and not be able to see you, or ask you questions.

Go ahead. Explain that to the Forum. Why doesn't the TSA use this system....no ID, no traveler in front of them......that you think is so perfectly secure?

I can do this all day. I'm more patient than you. You're wrong. I'm right. There's no middle ground. Either you want election security, or you don't.

What you transparently want, is whatever half-measures give the R's wins. The rest is a smokescreen.
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:16 pm You're either too stubborn or too obtuse to acknowledge how ID & citizenship can be electronicaly verified for absentee voting via REAL ID data matching, the same way TSA PreCheck does.
Nope. TSA PreCheck...you're standing in front of the TSA agent, ID in hand. With an absentee ballot? You're doing neither.

Keep gaslighting. It's not working.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:55 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:16 pm You're either too stubborn or too obtuse to acknowledge how ID & citizenship can be electronicaly verified for absentee voting via REAL ID data matching, the same way TSA PreCheck does.
Nope. TSA PreCheck...you're standing in front of the TSA agent, ID in hand. With an absentee ballot? You're doing neither.
...only because you have to go to the airport to board the airplane.
You've already been pre-screened & authorized as safe to board the aircraft.

In-person identity verification would not be necessary for absentee voting.
The signature match between the document & the REAL ID database verifies identity.
...just don't put any white powder inside your absentee ballot envelope.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 12:09 am
Bzzzt. Nope.

The TSA demands that 1. you are there in person, and may be asked questions, and 2. that you have your RealID in hand.

So sorry, not even CLOSE to the same thing.

What you are arguing for voting in America, is what the TSA does: 1. you are there in person, and may be asked questions, and 2. that you have your RealID in hand.

The TSA will NEVER switch to "sign here, you don't have to answer any questions or see anyone....and you can get right on the plane if the computer says your signatures match".

And you know it. Again, I can do this all day. You're wrong, and you know it. Remote voting isn't secure. You just cited Wanda from Bridgeport, remember?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 12:33 am
old salt wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 12:09 am
Bzzzt. Nope.

The TSA demands that 1. you are there in person, and may be asked questions, and 2. that you have your RealID in hand.

So sorry, not even CLOSE to the same thing.

What you are arguing for voting in America, is what the TSA does: 1. you are there in person, and may be asked questions, and 2. that you have your RealID in hand.

The TSA will NEVER switch to "sign here, you don't have to answer any questions or see anyone....and you can get right on the plane if the computer says your signatures match".

And you know it. Again, I can do this all day. You're wrong, and you know it. Remote voting isn't secure. You just cited Wanda from Bridgeport, remember?
:lol: ...pay attention Mr Literal.
YOU have to be there in person, because YOU will be boarding the aircraft.
You've already been pre-screened & determined not to be a threat.
The same process can screen mail in ballot applications &/or absentee ballots.
Wanda won't know your ID# or be able to accurately forge your signature,
unless she also stole your REAL ID.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 12:51 am :lol: ...pay attention Mr Literal.
Oh, I'm paying attention. You aren't. I'll help.

Voting official: cannot see you, cannot ask questions.
TSA official: can see you, can ask questions

Voting official: cannot check your RealID...because they don't have it with the ballot. It's at home, with you.
TSA official: can check your RealID..and won't let you on the plane without it.

Please. Keep telling the forum you think these are the same.
old salt wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 12:51 am The same process can screen mail in ballot applications &/or absentee ballots.
Wanda won't know your ID# or be able to accurately forge your signature
:lol: Wanda is being criminally charged for fraud. So are her pals. All over Absentee ballots.

You cited her to show that absentee ballots don't work. Now you're citing it to tell us that they DO work.

You're going to make up your mind at some point, right? Either you think our elections are secure and all use RealID, and we don't need to change anything....

.....or we need to vote in person. So which is it?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:03 am

Voting official: cannot check your RealID...because they don't have it with the ballot. It's at home, with you.

old salt wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 12:51 am The same process can screen mail in ballot applications &/or absentee ballots.
:lol: Wanda is being criminally charged for fraud. So are her pals. All over Absentee ballots.

You cited her to show that absentee ballots don't work. Now you're citing it to tell us that they DO work.

You're going to make up your mind at some point, right? Either you think our elections are secure and all use RealID, and we don't need to change anything....

Wanda's not resourceful enough to circumvent a REAL ID verification process.
Her fraudulent ballots would not have data matched with the REAL ID data base.
Don't need to. Just need to match the signature on the document to the signature in the REAL ID database, software can do that.
Don't need to. Just need to match the ID# on the document with the ID# in the REAL ID database, software can do that.

How do our elections currently use REAL ID to verify identity & citizenship for absentee voting ?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:57 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:38 pm About 5 years ago we received a request for a ballot in the mail for the lady who owned our house and died in 2005.
Just curious. Do you know where the previous owner resided when she passed ? Her Death Certificate may have shown an out of state address or for some other reason may not have reached the agency responsible for purging your district's voter rolls.
She was in a local nursing home when she passed. She was the aunt of a nurse my wife worked with
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:26 pm

There is no electronic verification in CT at a polling location. You need to produce your Drivers License/or Real ID and poll worker checks you off on a sheet of paper containing registered voters and hands you a ballot
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:15 am
a fan wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:03 am

Wanda's not resourceful enough to circumvent a REAL ID verification process.
Her fraudulent ballots would not have data matched with the REAL ID data base.
Don't need to. Just need to match the signature on the document to the signature in the REAL ID database, software can do that.
Don't need to. Just need to match the ID# on the document with the ID# in the REAL ID database, software can do that.

How do our elections currently use REAL ID to verify identity & citizenship for absentee voting ?
Wanda got caught.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”