For hockey fans...

General Chatter
DD-Tech

Re: For hockey fans...

Post by DD-Tech »

Big win in OT by the Blues to knot this thing up 1-1. Bruins never showed up in OT. Great game!
old salt

Post by old salt »

Beautiful 6 on 6 EMO, spread 'em out, give & go, game winner.

...doesn't seem like 49 years.

https://causewaycrowd.com/2019/05/27/bo ... cup-final/
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

old salt wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:19 am Beautiful 6 on 6 EMO, spread 'em out, give & go, game winner.

...doesn't seem like 49 years.

https://causewaycrowd.com/2019/05/27/bo ... cup-final/
Growing up a Rochester Americans fan I followed both the Bruins and the Blues closely in 69-70 as Gerry Cheevers and Al Arbour were Amerks teammates during the team’s heyday in the 60s. They led them to the Amerks first Calder Cup.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Rooting hard for the Blues, though I think the Bruins have more talent. I’m just really tired of Boston winning so many championships. I think it would be a nice story for the NHL to have one of the original 12 win it all.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

A little behind the scenes - Slapshot & Syracuse

“Don’t worry,” one extra yelled back, “Syracuse is a hockey town.”

https://www.syracuse.com/living/2019/06 ... -shot.html
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Whew ! ...now that's some Old Timey Hockey

Yo dis -- check out this Mummer's bar & give us a report.
Looks like a fun spot to watch a game.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

On it...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Wow NHL! Really bad (& obvious). Let me help.

Tripping

Minor or Major penalty.

Shall be imposed on a Player who places their stick, or a part of their body, under or around the feet or legs of an opponent causing the opponent to lose their balance. Will also be called if a Player kicks, uses a knee, or uses a leg to cause an opponent to fall.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Nigel wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:29 am Wow NHL! Really bad (& obvious). Let me help.

Tripping

Minor or Major penalty.

Shall be imposed on a Player who places their stick, or a part of their body, under or around the feet or legs of an opponent causing the opponent to lose their balance. Will also be called if a Player kicks, uses a knee, or uses a leg to cause an opponent to fall.
No doubt the ref missed the call, but I think the better team won. Binnington was very good in net except for the one goal (which wasn’t a high percentage shot). I thought the Blues were way more consistently dedicated to getting on the puck and the puck carrier. I’m hoping they close it Sunday night back home. What a great feeling for all the long suffering Blues fans that would be.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

wlaxnut wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:05 am
Nigel wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:29 am Wow NHL! Really bad (& obvious). Let me help.

Tripping

Minor or Major penalty.

No doubt the ref missed the call, but I think the better team won. Binnington was very good in net except for the one goal (which wasn’t a high percentage shot). I thought the Blues were way more consistently dedicated to getting on the puck and the puck carrier. I’m hoping they close it Sunday night back home. What a great feeling for all the long suffering Blues fans that would be.
Definitely a trip... ref had his hand going up then shoved it back in his pocket! :lol:

Regardless Blues won... and they continue to wear teams down in a long series with their ability to pound you on every touch of the puck. The massholes in Boston showed their colors with vigor last night after the game! :lol:

As much as I want to see the Blues win this I am hoping for a game 7. But seeing them win it at home is going to nuts!

Chara... omg... can't imagine what's it's like playing a shift with that facial injury. I'd be popping something for the pain and laying in bed for a week!!!
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

ref had his hand going up then shoved it back in his pocket! :lol:

Hudson Bay Rules live on!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

DD-Tech wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:08 pm There is an old salt out there who I know will like these 1967 throwbacks the Blues will be using this season! Blues jerseys are always one of my favorites!

https://www.si.com/nhl/2018/08/26/st-lo ... y-heritage

34 days 23 hours 52 minutes and 4 seconds until the first pick drops!

https://howmanydaystill.com/its/2018-2019-hockey
These were great jerseys. Too bad they changed.
old salt

Post by old salt »

wlaxnut wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:06 am
DD-Tech wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:08 pm There is an old salt out there who I know will like these 1967 throwbacks the Blues will be using this season! Blues jerseys are always one of my favorites!

Watch for those light blue throwback jerseys on the fans in the games from StL. You'll see a lot of them.

Is there a more complete, old school hockey player than Ryan O'Reilly ? He's won the Lady Bing & is a finalist again. .
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

old salt wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:19 pm
wlaxnut wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:06 am

Watch for those light blue throwback jerseys on the fans in the games from StL. You'll see a lot of them.

Is there a more complete, old school hockey player than Ryan O'Reilly ? He's won the Lady Bing & is a finalist again. .
No doubt about O’Reilly! Absolutely love his game. Hard core old school grinder!

...that was one badass rendition of the National Anthem! They are fired up in St. Louis!
old salt

Post by old salt »

Brad Marchand tribute
wlaxnut

Blues and the St Louis Post-Dispatch

Post by wlaxnut »

How’d you like to be the person whose job it was to double check which items went into the newspaper and missed the premature Stanley Cup congratulatory ads. I wonder if they still have a job at the paper...
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

When I heard that story I was reminded of "Dewey Defeats Truman". :lol:

Still my all time favorite political photo.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
wlaxnut

St Louis vs Boston Game 7

Post by wlaxnut »

I think the Blues will win, but I can’t come close to feeling confident about it. I sure hope they win.
DD-Tech

Re: St Louis vs Boston Game 7

Post by DD-Tech »

wlaxnut wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:27 am I think the Blues will win, but I can’t come close to feeling confident about it. I sure hope they win.
They tried to force things last night and a lot of those forced plays turned into turnovers. Did not like their game last night after the first period 5 on 3 and Marchand goal. Too many times they got caught trying to make the impossible pass. Tough to be heading to Boston for a game 7. Hope they can pull this out.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

old salt wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:46 am Brad Marchand tribute
If I knew how to make the picture of awesome Brad, licking the guys face, I would do it. (Toronto player getting licked, I think )
Does anyone know if this is possible?

BTW: We all knew it would go to a game 7....here in Boston. Don't ask us why we know this ;)
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”