Voting

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Voting

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:42 am
Put the dancing drop boxes next to the NGO migrant shelters. What could go wrong ?
Right. Please, try and dance all you want.

It's simple, if you're not a drooling idiot, and you think our elections need top notch security?

The only answer is in person voting, Read ID in hand, Police at every entrance and exit.

Duh. Real hard to figure out. The fact that you would try and argue around keeping absentee ballots tells me you are LYING and could give a sh(t about serious voting security.

There's no exit from this. No offramp.

And yet? Neither you nor anyone in your party in ANY of the 23 Republican run States is even THINKING about doing this.

Why? Because your base is a bunch of boomers, and if you force in-person elections, you'll LOSE.

You know it. I know it. The forum knows it. You're LYING and don't give a fig about election security, and know full well that every one of your votes is counted, and counted accurately.

And there isn't a rebuttal to this. If I thought for a second that the Far-Right-Nutjobs (or Left, while we're at it) were even TRYING to fix our elections, I'd be screaming from the rooftops to demand in person only elections, to keep them from ruining our country.
a fan

Post by a fan »

No. He wants his team to win. Not at all the same thing.

If he thought more voting would help get the outcomes he wants? He'd be on here lecturing us about the importance of voter access.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 1:50 pm

If he thought more voting would help get the outcomes he wants? He'd be on here lecturing us about the importance of voter access.
I can't speak for OS but if every ELIGIBLE US citizen actually voted I would be ecstatic. IMO proving that you are who you say you are should not be that big of an obstacle to overcome. As a matter of fact it might go a long ways towards reestablishing credibility in our voting system. This is especially important in national elections.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:02 pm

I can't speak for OS but if every ELIGIBLE US citizen actually voted I would be ecstatic. IMO proving that you are who you say you are should not be that big of an obstacle to overcome. As a matter of fact it might go a long ways towards reestablishing credibility in our voting system. This because especially important in national elections.
Right. So again: if that's your belief? The ONLY recourse on hand is direct, in-person voting. That's it. There is no other option.

Absentee ballots BY DEFINITION pulls your ability to prove identity away. You're not standing there, in front of an election official, ID in hand.

I have no problem with folks demanding in-person only voting. But that's not what OS and his party are doing: what they're doing is looking at voting demographics, and crafting rules around anything that gets them a W.

They are LYING when they say that they want a secure election. Flat out LYING.

Also, if you're HONESTLY worried about immigrants voting illegally? What illegal immigrant is going to show up at a polling center, knowing that folks will check their ID, and with Police everywhere if you get caught?

The entire reason that Old Salt and his fellow R's are perfectly happy with security half-measures of allowing absentee ballots is simple: they cannot win elections without remote voting. That's why they don't want to take that away.
Last edited by a fan on Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:03 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:23 pm REAL ID makes it easier to vote, ...& to travel, to establish proof of residence (for benefits), & to establish identity, nationality & veterans status.

It enhances security & assures law enforcement whenever encountered.

It does not make it harder to vote, it makes it easier.
Just include your ID # on a ballot request & your signature can be matched with the signature you electronically recorded when you got the REAL ID card. Your address on the ballot request can be matched to the address on your REAL ID.
Report: Trump commission did not find widespread voter fraud

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/politi ... oter-fraud

https://kb.osu.edu/server/api/core/bits ... 2a/content

You and people like you want less voter participation. You don’t have to hide it. Just say what it is.
+100
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Yes he does. Analysis has shown that when less of the other people vote ‘his team’ wins. I have not seem him suggest any system that results in more people voting. With all the real problems facing voters, Old Soldier wants to focus on something that history has shown isn’t a real problem. Yeah someone was delivering some ballots in Bridgeport, CT….notice he never mentions the Republicans committing voter fraud and the people that do are Red Blooded Americans. 🇺🇸

He has gotten this far by dealing with people that are stupid or let him slide. It is what it is…Old Salt and people like Old Salt want to maintain the old way of life in this country. I don’t blame him. It has happened with each and every empire. Life is good at the top. Let’s get back to the good old days when there was less competition and folks like Old Salt were able to jump to the front of the line….now it’s “they aren’t doing it the right way”. Liars and frauds.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:06 pm

I can't speak for OS but if every ELIGIBLE US citizen actually voted I would be ecstatic. IMO proving that you are who you say you are should not be that big of an obstacle to overcome. As a matter of fact it might go a long ways towards reestablishing credibility in our voting system. This because especially important in national elections.
Right. So again: if that's your belief? The ONLY recourse on hand is direct, in-person voting. That's it. There is no other option.

Absentee ballots BY DEFINITION pulls your ability to prove identity away. You're not standing there, in front of an election official, ID in hand.

I have no problem with folks demanding in-person only voting. But that's not what OS and his party are doing: what they're doing is looking at voting demographics, and crafting rules around anything that gets them a W.

Also, if you're HONESTLY worried about immigrants voting illegally? What illegal immigrant is going to show up at a polling center, knowing that folks will check their ID, and with Police everywhere if you get caught?

The entire reason that Old Salt and his fellow R's are perfectly happy with security half-measures of allowing absentee ballots is simple: they cannot win elections without remote voting. That's why they don't want to take that away.
I've always only voted in person on election day. I have no idea if and or how many illegals have found a way to circumvent the system and vote. I know one thing for certain, if you pull it off you are not very likely to brag about it. I'm not all that up to speed about absentee ballots. I have heard that they come in 2 flavors...solicited and unsolicited. About 5 years ago we received a request for a ballot in the mail for the lady who owned our house and died in 2005.

A friend of mind had a camper at a place called Sun Valley campground near Stoney Brook State Park. There where quite a few snow birds who split their time between NY and Florida. It was not uncommon for them to vote in Florida and New York via absentee ballots. I asked one old guy " what if you get caught"? Simple reply, what are they gonna do? They gonna throw an 80 WW 2 vet in jail.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:38 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:06 pm

I've always only voted in person on election day. I have no idea if and or how many illegals have found a way to circumvent the system and vote. I know one thing for certain, if you pull it off you are not very likely to brag about it. I'm not all that up to speed about absentee ballots. I have heard that they come in 2 flavors...solicited and unsolicited. About 5 years ago we received a request for a ballot in the mail for the lady who owned our house and died in 2005.

A friend of mind had a camper at a place called Sun Valley campground near Stoney Brook State Park. There where quite a few snow birds who split their time between NY and Florida. It was not uncommon for them to vote in Florida and New York via absentee ballots. I asked one old guy " what if you get caught"? Simple reply, what are they gonna do? They gonna throw an 80 WW 2 vet in jail.
Yes you do. Let me help you and people like you:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/r ... oter-fraud
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 1:49 pm
Put the dancing drop boxes next to the NGO migrant shelters. What could go wrong ?

It's simple, if you're not a drooling idiot, and you think our elections need top notch security?

The only answer is in person voting, Read ID in hand, Police at every entrance and exit.

Duh. Real hard to figure out. The fact that you would try and argue around keeping absentee ballots tells me you are LYING and could give a sh(t about serious voting security.

And yet? Neither you nor anyone in your party in ANY of the 23 Republican run States is even THINKING about doing this.

Why? Because your base is a bunch of boomers, and if you force in-person elections, you'll LOSE.

You know it. I know it. The forum knows it. You're LYING and don't give a fig about election security, and know full well that every one of your votes is counted, and counted accurately.

And there isn't a rebuttal to this. If I thought for a second that the Far-Right-Nutjobs (or Left, while we're at it) were even TRYING to fix our elections, I'd be screaming from the rooftops to demand in person only elections, to keep them from ruining our country.
Yes there is a rebuttal. REAL ID makes it possible to do without showing up at a polling place.
Your REAL ID has a ID# & your signature which can be electronically compared to your ballot request & your ballot.
Don't be so tech resistant.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:19 pm

Yes there is a rebuttal. REAL ID makes it possible to do without showing up at a polling place.
:lol: You're the one who's tech resistant...remember? You're the one who doesn't like the Colorado System...built on Real ID. GGait and I like it just fine.

Care to try again? You can vote remotely in Colorado, right now, today, without showing your ID to a Elections official. What part of this don't you understand? There is no election official standing in front of you when you mail in your ballot, or drop it off at dropboxes.

You're telling us dropboxes are bad, and not showing your RealID to vote is bad. Remember?

You're forgetting your own complaints. Happy to pull up your cracks about ballot boxes near Migrants, if I have to.

But I don't need to do that, because you're gaslighting, and are perfectly happy with less secure elections.
Typical Lax Dad

Your REAL ID has a ID# & your signature which can be electronically compared to your ballot request & your ballot.
Who “matches” the signatures? Matching a signature is silly. Joe poll worker decides if it’s close enough. Would hate to have people like you matching IDs.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:25 pm

Who “matches” the signatures? Matching a signature is silly. Joe poll worker decides if it’s close enough. Would hate to have people like you matching IDs.
Speaking of lying and gaslighting, a Judge just gave the plaintiffs who sued Giuliani for spreading the very same "our elections aren't secure" big. fat. ugly. lies. that are being spread in this very forum.

The former mayor of New York sought bankruptcy protection after a jury awarded two Georgia election workers $148 million because Giuliani defamed them after the 2020 election. The judge’s decision Friday, to end his bankruptcy, paves the way for Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss, as well as other creditors, who are trying to collect on the more than $150 million Giuliani owes.

It seems that our Justice system still goes after people for intentionally lying in a way that harms Election officials.

Couldn't be happier. The funniest part about it? Giuliani, like the posters here, know perfectly well that our elections are in great shape.

Only difference is that two election officials called Giuliani to the carpet for it. I'm going to raise a glass to these two, for protecting our Democracy when self-serving partisan wankers are trying hard to rip them down. And then play dumb when their lying affects American's faith in our elections.

Seems a Judge understands how dangerous this stupid game is. And as i keep asking the boards Republicans: what's your plan when the far left starts believing your story that our elections are fraudulent, and start showing up at the Senate every Jan 6th when "their guy" loses....and storms the Chambers?

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/12/politics ... index.html
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:25 pm

Speaking of lying and gaslighting, a Judge just gave the plaintiffs who sued Giuliani for spreading the very same "our elections aren't secure" big. fat. ugly. lies. that are being spread in this very forum.

The former mayor of New York sought bankruptcy protection after a jury awarded two Georgia election workers $148 million because Giuliani defamed them after the 2020 election. The judge’s decision Friday, to end his bankruptcy, paves the way for Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss, as well as other creditors, who are trying to collect on the more than $150 million Giuliani owes.

It seems that our Justice system still goes after people for intentionally lying in a way that harms Election officials.

Couldn't be happier. The funniest part about it? Giuliani, like the posters here, know perfectly well that our elections are in great shape.

Only difference is that two election officials called Giuliani to the carpet for it. I'm going to raise a glass to these two, for protecting our Democracy when self-serving partisan wankers are trying hard to rip them down. And then play dumb when their lying affects American's faith in our elections.

Seems a Judge understands how dangerous this stupid game is. And as i keep asking the boards Republicans: what's your plan when the far left starts believing your story that our elections are fraudulent, and start showing up at the Senate every Jan 6th when "their guy" loses....and storms the Chambers?

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/12/politics ... index.html
Old Retiree that watches FoxNews, reads Washington Examiner, National Review and gets news from a twitter feed gets to determine if the signature matches because they decide those people don’t look like their photo. That’s a good system.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

You and people like you want less voter participation. You don’t have to hide it. Just say what it is.
Of course that is the goal. Here's a great example.

Here in most excellent Colorado, we lead the nation in the percentage of eligible voters being registered to vote. Close to 90%.

One reason for that is that Colorado has a great "AVR" system -- automatic noter registration. When you go to DMV, you are automatically registered to vote. And when you renew your license,any personal info given to DMV is autmatically fed into the voter registration system. So the rolls are very fulsome and also very up to date accurate. That system is also great for voter ID verification, since the DMV is pretty much the place in our society where ID matters are handled. It is a great system.

About half of the states have some form of AVR. Do you think it is the blue half or the red half? Take a guess.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Seems a bit narrowly focused by only looking and voting which is more secure than it has ever been.

The GOP new half a century ago that demographics and winning elections were stacked against them. They know that if all possible voters vote they will never win a national or even local election in most places, they began developing a plan to make the GOP a permanent ruling goal. So they began working on reducing the number of voters unlikely to support them, take gerrymandering to an extreme and begin to create silos. They befan funding institutions like AEI and Heritage and CATO to direct discussions, recruit yiund people to jods and careers etc.

Trump’s 2025 plan reels of the effort to replace people who are not white and reduce voters. The hesrt beat of democracy is the vore. It is the reason for needing to find a work around. Too many POC in the voting population? Deport 11 million people. Take away incentives or exclude particular groups from eligibility.

Create a silo for one group.

To achieve the goal transfer immigration issues to another sgency. Replace civil service with political appointees blowing up the Hatch Act. Vut the DOJ and intelligence agencies and education among others.

If the 2025 plan were to enacted it would blow up the economy, raise the cost of everything, and add about $5T to the debt at a mimimum and perhaps much more. Trump’s base would have comnitted economic supuku.
a fan

Post by a fan »

OCanada wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:39 pm
If the 2025 plan were to enacted it would blow up the economy, raise the cost of everything, and add about $5T to the debt at a mimimum and perhaps much more. Trump’s base would have comnitted economic supuku.
I'd wager that not one single Republican here has read that document...it's all there, laid out......

And yes, it would DESTROY working class America, and make the coastal liberal elites a permanent overclass. These are 1%ers who want it all. Every last penny.

Go right ahead, is my advice.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:45 pm
I'd wager that not one single Republican here has read that document...it's all there, laid out......

And yes, it would DESTROY working class America, and make the coastal liberal elites a permanent overclass. These are 1%ers who want it all. Every last penny.

Like I just told a friend earlier today when I saw that Trump would eliminate income taxes and implement tariffs. It would be good for people like us…. Tariffs are regressive and most of our money is used to make more money….if people don’t like it, I guess they shouldn’t be poor.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:07 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:45 pm

Like I just told a friend earlier today when I saw that Trump would eliminate income taxes and implement tariffs. It would be good for people like us…. Tariffs are regressive and most of our money is used to make more money….if people don’t like it, I guess they shouldn’t be poor.
Shut up and get a second (or third) job. Education and/or 21st century training is stupid so we should cut funding to that. And the Elite Universities (doesn't matter which one) are brainwashing your kids, so don't send them there. Well, except for the people who wrote and are selling 2025, naturally. It's ok for THEM to do that.

Sound like you're gettin' it, TLD!! My wife's liberal friends are getting ready for even bigger vacations....let the working class eat cake, right?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Your state's DMV computer can. Look at the front of your REAL ID. You'll see your ID# on the top & your signature below your pic.
The poll worker scans your signature & ID# & they're compared to the REAL ID data.
If they match, the poll worker's computer screen shows => OK T Leopold
If no match -> NO Match [VIEW DATA] , & the poll worker compares the REAL ID data to the document(s).

Return to “POLITICS”