media matters

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: media matters

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:05 pm Makes you wonder why CNN never reports on stuff like this... Coming from verified blue checks too.

There are palm trees in the Bronx? Must be the South Bronx. Is that fried chicken on that grill?
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:09 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:05 pm Makes you wonder why CNN never reports on stuff like this... Coming from verified blue checks too.

There are palm trees in the Bronx? Must be the South Bronx. Is that fried chicken on that grill?
A benefit of global warming. Palm trees going ham.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Wheres the watermelon and 20/20 or Mickey's bottles?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:58 pm

Wheres the watermelon and 20/20 or Mickey's bottles?
Old E. or Colt 45? I don’t see any Nappy Meals.

“I wish you would!”
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

The more I pay attention to politics, the more transparent the whole snakepit becomes. Both parties, the Dems and the Pubs, are bent on getting and holding and wielding power to push their agenda and eventually impose it on the people. Both parties reek. And the media are puppets on strings--doing the bidding and spreading the propaganda for each party. It's all become so predictable. Exaggeration, spin, lies, damage control, hyperbole on steroids, etc. and the media as a whole, is in it up to their necks, conservatives and the liberals both. Each party shrilly trying to drum up fear so the people will vote for their safer, more reasonable candidate. Both party defenders claiming the high ground. What a farce--all of it.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:08 am The more I pay attention to politics, the more transparent the whole snakepit becomes. Both parties, the Dems and the Pubs, are bent on getting and holding and wielding power to push their agenda and eventually impose it on the people. Both parties reek. And the media are puppets on strings--doing the bidding and spreading the propaganda for each party. It's all become so predictable. Exaggeration, spin, lies, damage control, hyperbole on steroids, etc. and the media as a whole, is in it up to their necks, conservatives and the liberals both. Each party shrilly trying to drum up fear so the people will vote for their safer, more reasonable candidate. Both party defenders claiming the high ground. What a farce--all of it.
You have the ability to vote for Robert F Kennedy Jr. as an Independent or Chase Oliver as the Libertarian candidate.

Or you could write someone in.

In any case, you have many options besides Republicans or Democrats if you think they're both terrible.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:09 am Sick bastidz at MSNBC: https://x.com/BonillaJL/status/1813792058231984415
I wonder if she thinks that he put that in his speech without having discussed the plan with his wife ?
...after she talked about his relationship with her family. What a tin ear. More meddling intrusions into family matters.
They want to control us, even in death.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:13 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:09 am Sick bastidz at MSNBC: https://x.com/BonillaJL/status/1813792058231984415
I wonder if she thinks that he put that in his speech without having discussed the plan with his wife ?
...after she talked about his relationship with her family. What a tin ear. More meddling intrusions into family matters.
What an ignorant perspective from this person. What is sad is I know that there are some folks on this forum who think her over analysis is nothing short of brilliant. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:35 pm
What an ignorant perspective from this person. What is sad is I know that there are some folks on this forum who think her over analysis is nothing short of brilliant. :roll:
I agree that she's off the rails.

But understand that this other side of this ridiculous coin is to say "DEI" any time you see someone who isn't a White Guy.

It's fruit from the same sh(tty tree that sees race and gender in EVERYTHING.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Nobody here has ever voiced support or agreement with Alex Wagner
Like her pal Joy Reid she is out to lunch IMHO
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:02 pm
Nobody here has ever voiced support or agreement with Alex Wagner
Like her pal Joy Reid she is out to lunch IMHO
Usually folks on this forum are in agreement with opinions expressed on MSNBC. Until I read YAs link I didn't know this woman from Adam.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:59 pm

But understand that this other side of this ridiculous coin is to say "DEI" any time you see someone who isn't a White Guy.

If she was trying to make a point I'll be damned if I know what it was. I thought drivel like that was exclusive to Fox so I read here.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:00 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:59 pm

If she was trying to make a point I'll be damned if I know what it was. I thought drivel like that was exclusive to Fox so I read here.
I literally JUST made fun of Maddow/MSNBC just yesterday. This is the far left. No different than the far right.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:56 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:08 am The more I pay attention to politics, the more transparent the whole snakepit becomes. Both parties, the Dems and the Pubs, are bent on getting and holding and wielding power to push their agenda and eventually impose it on the people. Both parties reek. And the media are puppets on strings--doing the bidding and spreading the propaganda for each party. It's all become so predictable. Exaggeration, spin, lies, damage control, hyperbole on steroids, etc. and the media as a whole, is in it up to their necks, conservatives and the liberals both. Each party shrilly trying to drum up fear so the people will vote for their safer, more reasonable candidate. Both party defenders claiming the high ground. What a farce--all of it.
You have the ability to vote for Robert F Kennedy Jr. as an Independent or Chase Oliver as the Libertarian candidate.

Or you could write someone in.

In any case, you have many options besides Republicans or Democrats if you think they're both terrible.
Nah, he's already said he'd do anything to vote for Trump.

This is just more of the same BS, TAATS baloney.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Wait a sec, are you saying that his comments don't reveal his perspective on "history", how he sees the world?

I didn't see/hear the speech, so I may be wrong (and frequently am), but sure sounds like he's claiming a particular history is of most importance and is universal in America...is it?

Can we not see it through different eyes?

What makes that "sick"?

Frankly, I think JD Vance is an opportunistic POS, with no actual core principles other than what he thinks advances his personal interests, so I'm not on auto-reject of criticism of him...but I understand how someone might see differently.

For instance I think Sarah Huckabee Sanders is a dangerous person, but she gave a heck of a speech. I get why some would embrace that as actually reflective of some goodness on her part they see themselves be part of.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Both parties understand that fear is a very effective motivator in the world of politics. You can ask granny as she is sailing off of the cliff.
Bob Ross:
WaffleTwineFaceoff

Post by WaffleTwineFaceoff »

Well put, ONW.

You're describing what I like to think of as the Disillusionment Industrial Complex. Where we find ourselves as a society today – divided, bunkered, miserable, depressed, disenfranchised, suspicious, blame seeking, and waking up every day to find things to be outraged about and people to cancel - is an intentional, and hopefully ongoing/perpetual, state of "unsettled being" for the citizenry which is sought and desired by both sides. We lose, they win.

Some of this whole mess seems to have jump started in earnest with the turbo charging of American identity politics under Obama – and Trump pressed that gas pedal to the floor on Day 1 of his presidency. Add social media's concurrent rise and impact on everyday life, giving everyone an unfettered forum for spleen venting and paranoia and toxic tribalism, and here we are. Instead of our politicians, journalists, and educators jumping in to provide perspective and guidance, they actually have used this division as a fulcrum to increase self interest focused goals (power and money, of course, after all, they're human) and increase/consolidate power. I weep for our kids, and their kids. What a ducking fumpster fire.

I found the Medium post below to be an interesting read. Anyone here who takes a peek, love to hear your take. It was posted six months before Trump beat Hilary.

https://medium.com/@naughty_nerdess/act ... 632943a04e
The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. John Stuart Mill On Liberty 1859
a fan

Post by a fan »

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:09 pm
Well put, ONW.

You're describing what I like to think of as the Disillusionment Industrial Complex. Where we find ourselves as a society today – divided, bunkered, miserable, depressed, disenfranchised, suspicious, blame seeking, and waking up every day to find things to be outraged about and people to cancel - is an intentional, and hopefully ongoing/perpetual, state of "unsettled being" for the citizenry which is sought and desired by both sides. We lose, they win.

Some of this whole mess seems to have jump started in earnest with the turbo charging of American identity politics under Obama – and Trump pressed that gas pedal to the floor on Day 1 of his presidency. Add social media's concurrent rise and impact on everyday life, giving everyone an unfettered forum for spleen venting and paranoia and toxic tribalism, and here we are. Instead of our politicians, journalists, and educators jumping in to provide perspective and guidance, they actually have used this division as a fulcrum to increase self interest focused goals (power and money, of course, after all, they're human) and increase/consolidate power. I weep for our kids, and their kids. What a ducking fumpster fire.

I found the Medium post below to be an interesting read. Anyone here who takes a peek, love to hear your take. It was posted six months before Trump beat Hilary.

https://medium.com/@naughty_nerdess/act ... 632943a04e
My take is: where the heck were these people living in the 20th century that they think this is a fresh, new thing? Certainly not America.

There are easily Five different eras of "identity politics", and I'm sure others could come up with more:

-first hundred years, when blacks were slaves. That's where it all started. EVERYTHING was race and sex in those years.
-same for white women. No politics at all for them until 1920.
-then Civil Rights for Black Americans, where folks had enough of both legal and cultural segregation.
-then again with gay Americans

I wish white men would realize all of the above when they complain about "identity politics". My response to them is: YOU STARTED IT. Next time? Don't have slaves, don't segregate, don't keep Jewish people out of your clubs and schools, don't refuse entry of women into colleges, don't fire people for just being gay, and on and on and on.

It's like the complaint about political correctness....who the F do people think started that? Who was throwing Lenny Bruce in freaking Jail? Who gave Rob and Laura Petrie separate beds? Who kept biracial marriages off TV? Or (gasp) anyone who is openly gay?

If folks didn't like separating Americans by race, gender, and religion? Why did they do it?

Return to “POLITICS”