Salisbury 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
MVPiccoli

Re: Salisbury 2024

Post by MVPiccoli »

Anyone on here from Gull-land know the 2009-2012 classes? Had a guy on an internal call flash a ring and some gloves at me on Teams. But I can't find him on any posted roster. Don't want to call him out if he's legit, but my lacrosse stolen valor instinct is tingling. Chris Traylor. Did he play on the 2011 or 2012 squad?
Carroll81

Post by Carroll81 »

MVPiccoli wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:48 am Anyone on here from Gull-land know the 2009-2012 classes? Had a guy on an internal call flash a ring and some gloves at me on Teams. But I can't find him on any posted roster. Don't want to call him out if he's legit, but my lacrosse stolen valor instinct is tingling. Chris Traylor. Did he play on the 2011 or 2012 squad?
MVP, their rosters are online. Here is the 2012 squad:

https://suseagulls.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/roster/2012

You can change the year in the dropdown just above the list to see other years.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Yeah, I did that. And the old Lax.com jawns. Just trying this thread as a last ditch effort before I write Chris off as a charlatan.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

he might have played but didn’t finished the season. or redshirted.
there are lots of wannabe lax dudes out there that wish they could have played and never made the team.
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

Laxattackjack wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:47 am he might have played but didn’t finished the season. or redshirted.
there are lots of wannabe lax dudes out there that wish they could have played and never made the team.
Maybe Chris Turner, 2011 roster
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Motorman wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:16 pm
Laxattackjack wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:47 am he might have played but didn’t finished the season. or redshirted.
Pictures doesn't match. Can't say I've seen this level of commitment though. He had a championship ring essentially by his laptop, and a branded Brine King Glove. Maybe he played club? Do they give out rings for club?
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

MVPiccoli wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:04 pm
Pictures doesn't match. Can't say I've seen this level of commitment though. He had a championship ring essentially by his laptop, and a branded Brine King Glove. Maybe he played club? Do they give out rings for club?
Interesting detective mission. There was a Chris Traylor who played (with extremely minimal stats) for Mars Hill in 2008, looks to only have played that year. Could he then have transferred to Salisbury? The years would basically match up.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

pcowlax wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:17 pm
MVPiccoli wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:04 pm
Interesting detective mission. There was a Chris Traylor who played (with extremely minimal stats) for Mars Hill in 2008, looks to only have played that year. Could he then have transferred to Salisbury? The years would basically match up.
Yea, I saw that too. 07’ Northern HS (MD) grad, 08’ Mars Hill, then disappears. And curiously the 2009 Salisbury roster online (when he first could’ve joined) has only 15 players listed, which is clearly not a full list. However even looking at the 09’ statistics tab, which appears to have the full roster, he’s not there.

Either way, 09’ wasn’t a ring year, and he isn’t on the rosters of a ring year in range. Furthermore, in the extremely unlikely scenario that he did play at Salisbury, in a ring year, and leave the team before the season’s end, and have his profile scrubbed from the site (as we’ve seen done), would he really “get a ring” when they went on to win?

Trust your instincts on this one…
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
D3 Fan

Post by D3 Fan »

Hey All,

Apologies that I didn't get on to post much this season at all. Had to watch if "from afar" and didn't have much chance to engage here but a huge thank you for all the time and effort you all put in to make this board enjoyable to read. Great, crazy, exciting season all the way around and even as a Gulls fan, big hat tip to W&L on their huge win in the quarters and congrats to Tufts on an absolutely epic finish to their season. I expected Tufts to win it all in 2025 (as their youth started to mature/gel) but looks like they showed up a year early...and man were they fun to watch!

Back to the topic, I think this may answer the question - read this article about the 2012 club championship team, of which Traynor was a part.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/i-wasnt- ... bby-audley

Then, see the first comment at the bottom via Chris Traynor. That should be your man, as his linkedin bio says he works for the same company as MVP.

Hope this is helpful!!!
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

D3 Fan wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:07 pm read this article about the 2012 club championship team, of which Traynor was a part.

Hope this is helpful!!!
NCLL. Good find, Thanks.
MVPiccoli wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:48 am Had a guy on an internal call flash a ring and some gloves at me on Teams.
Did you just happen to see said items in the background, or was he reminiscing of his glory days on a championship Salisbury lacrosse team?

If the latter I would still see it as purposefully misleading, given Salisbury’s NCAA lacrosse reputation.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

The lacrosse version of Stolen Valor.
ShoreThingMD

Post by ShoreThingMD »

MVPiccoli wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:48 am Anyone on here from Gull-land know the 2009-2012 classes? Had a guy on an internal call flash a ring and some gloves at me on Teams. But I can't find him on any posted roster. Don't want to call him out if he's legit, but my lacrosse-stolen valor instinct is tingling. Chris Traylor. Did he play on the 2011 or 2012 squad?
Yikes... well isn't this a small world... I'm not exactly in that timeframe, but I have a former teammate who was around that time, and had to bring it up to him.

When referencing the flashing of the ring and gloves... His immediate response was "Yeah, sounds about right". Apparently, Chris was a big club guy (possibly president) at Salisbury and it never really worked out for him on the varsity side. Despite that, he is a still fan of Seagull lacrosse and "pretty active on Sideline swap when it comes to grabbing gear". This individual reiterated several times that he never once played with him during his 4 years of varsity lacrosse. When asked about the ring, he said the club guys won the NCLL one year and decided to place an order.

As for the guys that I played with who have rings, we typically only bring them out on Memorial Day weekend (if we are in attendance and the Gulls are playing on that Sunday). I may have brought it out one other time, at a former teammate's wedding when 5 of us (his teammates) were his groomsmen. It lasted for one picture and we put them away. Hell, more than half of the guys I know, their rings don't even fit anymore. :lol: Mine are stuffed away and I let the kiddos play with them here and there.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

ShoreThingMD wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:55 am
MVPiccoli wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:48 am Anyone on here from Gull-land know the 2009-2012 classes? Had a guy on an internal call flash a ring and some gloves at me on Teams. But I can't find him on any posted roster. Don't want to call him out if he's legit, but my lacrosse-stolen valor instinct is tingling. Chris Traylor. Did he play on the 2011 or 2012 squad?
Yikes... well isn't this a small world... I'm not exactly in that timeframe, but I have a former teammate who was around that time, and had to bring it up to him.

When referencing the flashing of the ring and gloves... His immediate response was "Yeah, sounds about right". Apparently, Chris was a big club guy (possibly president) at Salisbury and it never really worked out for him on the varsity side. Despite that, he is a still fan of Seagull lacrosse and "pretty active on Sideline swap when it comes to grabbing gear". This individual reiterated several times that he never once played with him during his 4 years of varsity lacrosse. When asked about the ring, he said the club guys won the NCLL one year and decided to place an order.

As for the guys that I played with who have rings, we typically only bring them out on Memorial Day weekend (if we are in attendance and the Gulls are playing on that Sunday). I may have brought it out one other time, at a former teammate's wedding when 5 of us (his teammates) were his groomsmen. It lasted for one picture and we put them away. Hell, more than half of the guys I know, their rings don't even fit anymore. :lol: Mine are stuffed away and I let the kiddos play with them here and there.
That closes the book for me. Appreciate it homie!
DeepPocket wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:12 pm
D3 Fan wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:07 pm read this article about the 2012 club championship team, of which Traynor was a part.

Hope this is helpful!!!
NCLL. Good find, Thanks.
MVPiccoli wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:48 am Had a guy on an internal call flash a ring and some gloves at me on Teams.
Did you just happen to see said items in the background, or was he reminiscing of his glory days on a championship Salisbury lacrosse team?

If the latter I would still see it as purposefully misleading, given Salisbury’s NCAA lacrosse reputation.
Deep, I was wearing a "The Last Dance" Cabrini t-shirt. Didn't have anything customer facing that day. He said he went to a rival school and played ball. Conversation went from there. I was direct in telling him Salisbury was not our "rival" we lost a lot more than we won. I told him the story of the 2003 NCAA game where the whole of the Gull roster drove by our practice hollering (we lost the next day by like 15). Then the NC game in 2019 at the Linc. I was saying how magical, visceral, and fulfilling it was to watch my colors compete. On cue, he reached to the right of his laptop (NOT ON SCREEN/IN BACKGROUND) and flashes the ring and gloves. Then made a joke a few minutes later about comparing NC rings if I ever want to (knowing, obviously, I didn't play on any such team). I googled him, mostly to want to play the name game. I had loose connections to a few of the PA kids. And here we are.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

MVPiccoli wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:15 am Deep, I was wearing a "The Last Dance" Cabrini t-shirt. Didn't have anything customer facing that day. He said he went to a rival school and played ball. Conversation went from there. I was direct in telling him Salisbury was not our "rival" we lost a lot more than we won. I told him the story of the 2003 NCAA game where the whole of the Gull roster drove by our practice hollering (we lost the next day by like 15). Then the NC game in 2019 at the Linc. I was saying how magical, visceral, and fulfilling it was to watch my colors compete. On cue, he reached to the right of his laptop (NOT ON SCREEN/IN BACKGROUND) and flashes the ring and gloves. Then made a joke a few minutes later about comparing NC rings if I ever want to (knowing, obviously, I didn't play on any such team). I googled him, mostly to want to play the name game. I had loose connections to a few of the PA kids. And here we are.
Wow. Ya hate to see it. Just be proud of what you did right? Played at Mars Hill, shot your shot at Salisbury, then found the club team and had a great experience.

Everyone I know who played club (or more specifically played club at a school that has an NCAA team), is very quick to mention they played CLUB to avoid any confusion. In the small world of lacrosse, trying to “big d*ck” someone over where they played based on a lie about where you played this is pretty sad, not to mention bound to blow up.

If you encounter him again, you could really have some fun (without trying to hurt feelings of course). “Man, I heard those Berkman practices are tough. What’s the worst one you had?” See how deep he’s willing to go with his story…
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

DeepPocket wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:27 am
MVPiccoli wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:15 am Deep, I was wearing a "The Last Dance" Cabrini t-shirt. Didn't have anything customer facing that day. He said he went to a rival school and played ball. Conversation went from there. I was direct in telling him Salisbury was not our "rival" we lost a lot more than we won. I told him the story of the 2003 NCAA game where the whole of the Gull roster drove by our practice hollering (we lost the next day by like 15). Then the NC game in 2019 at the Linc. I was saying how magical, visceral, and fulfilling it was to watch my colors compete. On cue, he reached to the right of his laptop (NOT ON SCREEN/IN BACKGROUND) and flashes the ring and gloves. Then made a joke a few minutes later about comparing NC rings if I ever want to (knowing, obviously, I didn't play on any such team). I googled him, mostly to want to play the name game. I had loose connections to a few of the PA kids. And here we are.
Wow. Ya hate to see it. Just be proud of what you did right? Played at Mars Hill, shot your shot at Salisbury, then found the club team and had a great experience.

Everyone I know who played club (or more specifically played club at a school that has an NCAA team), is very quick to mention they played CLUB to avoid any confusion. In the small world of lacrosse, trying to “big d*ck” someone over where they played based on a lie about where you played this is pretty sad, not to mention bound to blow up.

If you encounter him again, you could really have some fun (without trying to hurt feelings of course). “Man, I heard those Berkman practices are tough. What’s the worst one you had?” See how deep he’s willing to go with his story…
I'll be in person with him at a local energy company next week (we have a day full of meetings). "What was it like to play at Foxborough and M&T Bank?" Is going to be my opening. Will report back.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

MVPiccoli wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:51 am I'll be in person with him at a local energy company next week (we have a day full of meetings). "What was it like to play at Foxborough and M&T Bank?" Is going to be my opening. Will report back.
Fun stuff. Need updates.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

MVPiccoli wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:51 am
DeepPocket wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:27 am

I'll be in person with him at a local energy company next week (we have a day full of meetings). "What was it like to play at Foxborough and M&T Bank?" Is going to be my opening. Will report back.
wouldn’t it be ironic if he is a regular on this board.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”