LaxEveryDay

Re: Kayla Treanor. Is this true?

Post by LaxEveryDay »

McLax9777 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:34 pm
LaxEveryDay wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:29 pm
McLax9777 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:53 pm
DMac wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:21 pm
McLax9777 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:30 pm

This is the biggest non-story story that wont end on this forum. Can these kids just go to college and play?
Can we just let Cuse sort it all out, or not.
Non-story story? Care to explain how hanging a dark cloud over an elite program, putting everyone around you in an uncomfortable position, probably losing a ton of respect from your team, and likely costing your program future recruits is a non-story.
Can these kids just go to college and play? Sure should be able to and not be put in a position to have to answer questions about their HC's goings and wonder whether or not she's going to be their HC tomorrow.
Non-story my asz.
Are you the parent of a cuse commit ? I’m hearing the commits and team are doing just fine ( from current players and commits ). If you’re not then let it go. If this black cloud is directly over you, the portal opens in December. This story is only circulating here. It’s old now. Move on. Cuse will survive.
I have no idea which current players you are referring to that think everything is all good. Because everything is not.
We are all worried about what is happening and I'm tired of people who have no idea what they're talking about acting as if they do. The players and their parents are very worried.

This is not only circulating here and if you think it is then you truly have no idea what’s going on. Correct the portal opens in December. If she doesn’t get fired then that means another semester is going to be spent with a coach that calls players names, belittles them, and is overall not nice to them. In addition to having violated a huge amount of NCAA bylaws and Syracuse policy. The team is hurting and no one is listening. Kayla’s affair was the cherry on top. This shouldn’t just fizzle out. Parents are speaking up and so are players. To compliance and to the NCAA. They’ve asked for help before but compliance didn’t listen and dismissed them. She has been affecting the team negatively ever since she’s been there.
A while back I did hear KT had a bit of a tougher coaching style, for a lack of a better way to put it.
Yes, unfortunately it's been very difficult especially now that this came out and is circulating around lacrosse communities. Just about the entire team and families want to see her gone. It's been brutal at Cuse ever since she's been here. We hear one minute that she's leaving and another that she's staying. As of right now she's staying and it's actually made the players and families more mad that Cuse is trying to sweep this all under the rug. Not just keeping her affair out of the media but also the fact that she's violated Cuse policy and on top of that, they've covered up for her violating NCAA bylaws when players have reported it to compliance.

I thought it would be an easy removal because she violated Cuse policy. But now it looks like she's staying so people are speaking up because it's unfair for Cuse to turn a blind eye to everything that she does. She doesn't deserve a slap on the wrist, she should be removed. We are tired of everything being covered up and people going unpunished for doing bad things or for covering up those bad things. If there's a time to speak up and actually be listened to, it's now!
Laxfan456

Post by Laxfan456 »

This is the biggest non-story story that wont end on this forum. Can these kids just go to college and play?
Non-story story? Care to explain how hanging a dark cloud over an elite program, putting everyone around you in an uncomfortable position, probably losing a ton of respect from your team, and likely costing your program future recruits is a non-story.
Can these kids just go to college and play? Sure should be able to and not be put in a position to have to answer questions about their HC's goings and wonder whether or not she's going to be their HC tomorrow.
Non-story my asz.
Are you the parent of a cuse commit ? I’m hearing the commits and team are doing just fine ( from current players and commits ). If you’re not then let it go. If this black cloud is directly over you, the portal opens in December. This story is only circulating here. It’s old now. Move on. Cuse will survive.
I have no idea which current players you are referring to that think everything is all good. Because everything is not.
We are all worried about what is happening and I'm tired of people who have no idea what they're talking about acting as if they do. The players and their parents are very worried.

This is not only circulating here and if you think it is then you truly have no idea what’s going on. Correct the portal opens in December. If she doesn’t get fired then that means another semester is going to be spent with a coach that calls players names, belittles them, and is overall not nice to them. In addition to having violated a huge amount of NCAA bylaws and Syracuse policy. The team is hurting and no one is listening. Kayla’s affair was the cherry on top. This shouldn’t just fizzle out. Parents are speaking up and so are players. To compliance and to the NCAA. They’ve asked for help before but compliance didn’t listen and dismissed them. She has been affecting the team negatively ever since she’s been there.
Wow, am I allowed to delete someone else’s account?
LaxEveryDay

Post by LaxEveryDay »

Laxfan456 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:15 pm

Non-story my asz.

Wow, am I allowed to delete someone else’s account?
Good job! I can’t think of a better way to say “I don’t give a crap about people or the troubles that they go through”😂
orangelax13

Post by orangelax13 »

Non-story my asz.

I’m confused by these comments. If she actually does call players names and belittle them, what are they still doing there? Go play for someone else? The portal exists for a reason. This has nothing to do with the current situation.

And for what it’s worth, coaches aren’t there to be your friend. I don’t know any hall of fame college coaches who were described as “nice.” That being said, this article makes it seem like the good players adored her

[url] https://www.syracuse.com/orangewomen/20 ... -them.html
LaxEveryDay

Post by LaxEveryDay »

It's hard for players to leave and go into the portal. Many players especially if they're in their final years think "hey I can just stick it out for another year and I'll be fine". It no doubt takes a mental toll on the players that stay knowing that they can do better somewhere else. There's a lot of hope in their mentality though because we often think that it can get better and it'll be worth it even when nothing changes and then the cycle continues. Players can know that transferring is the best option and still not take it for many reasons. It can be because they love the team or they love the academics or they love the location or it's close to home. There's a lot of factors going into it that unfortunately make the decision very difficult for a situation like this.

I agree that college coaches aren't necessarily supposed to be your friends. But in my experience, they're supposed to be there for you. l've had my fair share of rough coaches but this is a whole new level. If Kayla decides that she doesn't like you for whatever reason, then be prepared for many bad things that any coach period should not do. Heck, you could be one of the best players but if she doesn't like you...

She called an injured player a "passenger on the team" and told her she shouldn't be there because she's wasting scholarship money that she could have given to someone else. She told a player that she was mental because she wasn't actually hurt (the player went to her home doctor after Cuse refused to get tests done and she had a broken back the whole time). She told a player that she's toxic because she never shuts up and follows what they say without question. The coaches before told that same player that if she or other players have any issues or input about things to tell them because they're open to listen. That player spoke up about an issue that multiple players had with something the coaches told them to do but were too scared to say anything so she did it for them. She called her toxic for speaking up even though they asked her to ...

She kicked the leadership group out of the locker room because they couldn't set up a team bonding activity for the players within an unreasonable time-limit. After the Stonybrook game where Cuse lost by one, the coaches sat the team down and made them watch film of all of their mistakes. Singling out girls and yelling at them about how bad and stupid they are. This is Cuse that we're talking about, they're not some ultra trash team. But Kayla treats her players like they're ultra trash people. (I hope these examples help put into people's perspectives that she's actually a not nice coach and not just a typical rough coach)

Also I can't see the full article only the few paragraphs. Do you mind sending specific stuff that the girls have said from the article?
Francophile

Post by Francophile »

Yawn....ZZZzzzzzz
truelaxfan217

Post by truelaxfan217 »

This thread is ridiculous. KT has been an amazing coach for Syracuse. Sure, this mistake that was made isn’t the best scenario but it doesn’t take away from her as a coach. I know first hand that she would never “belittle” anyone. She’s never done that once in her life. Some of you parents are just unhappy your kid isn’t good enough to play. Get over it, it’s not the end of the world if your kid doesn’t play, there’s more to life than stepping foot on a field. She’s part of an amazing team, start being grateful for that. Kayla doesn’t have it within her to belittle anyone.

In regards to the SB film session, coaches have done worse than watching film with their players and telling them what mistakes they made. Your daughter is playing at the top level of women’s lacrosse, she (& you, the parents) signed up for this. It is her JOB to tell them what they did wrong, that they played bad (& or well for that matter). What do you want her to do? Make it all rainbow and butterflies for them after they lost to a team they shouldn’t have lost to? Wake up. That’s not how top D1 sports work. If someone can’t handle that pressure, then don’t go looking to play on a top 5 team. Plain and simple. The truth is hard to hear but maybe your daughter shouldn’t be playing on this team.

Again, the mistake that was made with whatever is going on in her personal life is HER personal life. Do not start coming at her about her coaching ability. She’s in this position because she deserved it and is capable of it. If you were deserving and capable of it, then I’m sure people would want to hear your opinions on college coaching, but you’re not. Stop making up lies about her as a coach because your daughter doesn’t play, it’s pathetic.
truelaxfan217

Post by truelaxfan217 »

And let me add, if you’re daughter does play, and played bad in whatever game, and can’t handle the pressure of a coach telling her what she did wrong, then maybe she shouldn’t be at this level of college sports. Be a better parent.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

truelaxfan217 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:59 am This thread is ridiculous. KT has been an amazing coach for Syracuse. Sure, this mistake that was made isn’t the best scenario but it doesn’t take away from her as a coach. I know first hand that she would never “belittle” anyone. She’s never done that once in her life. Some of you parents are just unhappy your kid isn’t good enough to play. Get over it, it’s not the end of the world if your kid doesn’t play, there’s more to life than stepping foot on a field. She’s part of an amazing team, start being grateful for that. Kayla doesn’t have it within her to belittle anyone.

In regards to the SB film session, coaches have done worse than watching film with their players and telling them what mistakes they made. Your daughter is playing at the top level of women’s lacrosse, she (& you, the parents) signed up for this. It is her JOB to tell them what they did wrong, that they played bad (& or well for that matter). What do you want her to do? Make it all rainbow and butterflies for them after they lost to a team they shouldn’t have lost to? Wake up. That’s not how top D1 sports work. If someone can’t handle that pressure, then don’t go looking to play on a top 5 team. Plain and simple. The truth is hard to hear but maybe your daughter shouldn’t be playing on this team.

Again, the mistake that was made with whatever is going on in her personal life is HER personal life. Do not start coming at her about her coaching ability. She’s in this position because she deserved it and is capable of it. If you were deserving and capable of it, then I’m sure people would want to hear your opinions on college coaching, but you’re not. Stop making up lies about her as a coach because your daughter doesn’t play, it’s pathetic.
There is blood in the water. What do you expect? Every kid who isn’t getting playing time and every parent who can’t tell their friends about how awesome their kid is is going to come out with their pitchforks now. If you liked KT before this, you’ll find reasons to downplay it. If you had an underlying issue with her, weren’t getting playing time, were a disappointed parent, or had some sort of bias against Cuse, You’re gonna strongly condemn her actions. It’s the way the world. Biden can’t finish sentences during a debate. Republicans claim he has Parkinson’s. Democrats say he had a bad night. Trump gets convicted of a felony. Republican say the courts are rigged. Democrats say he’s a Nazi. This is the world we live in.
orangelax13

Post by orangelax13 »

truelaxfan217 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:59 am This thread is ridiculous. KT has been an amazing coach for Syracuse. Sure, this mistake that was made isn’t the best scenario but it doesn’t take away from her as a coach. I know first hand that she would never “belittle” anyone. She’s never done that once in her life. Some of you parents are just unhappy your kid isn’t good enough to play. Get over it, it’s not the end of the world if your kid doesn’t play, there’s more to life than stepping foot on a field. She’s part of an amazing team, start being grateful for that. Kayla doesn’t have it within her to belittle anyone.

THIS. Nothing else needs to be said
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Just to weigh in here. A player who had Treanor as coach contacted me after the KT news started breaking. The only unsubstantiated news on KT at the time was that she was out at Syracuse. There was nothing out there, (that I read, anyway) alleging KT was a bad coach. This player rode the pine for her career and only saw action in blowouts. To paraphrase what the player wrote:

Greatest coach I ever had. It would be a huge loss and shame to the sport if her coaching days are over. She was so caring for all players whether they played regularly or not. She's a great person and coach.
laxnut999

Post by laxnut999 »

Theres so much about KT & not the assistant involved in this. No guilt or shame about ending a marriage or rubbing dirt on the orange. Lots of betrayal here not sure how the HC takes all the heat the other major piece of this who from what I can see is still employed
forthelaxofit

Post by forthelaxofit »

I think LaxPundit nailed it with the description of the world we live in.

I don’t know her or any players on the team, and honestly don’t care if she stays or goes. Every situation and family is different – but if I had a daughter there I would completely understand and support my daughter wanting to stay (leaving and starting over not easy). But at the same time if I had a ’26 I would tell her to look elsewhere this summer. Just me – not a judgement on what others do or decide.

Taking the people out of this, it is interesting how Syracuse handles this. I have worked with fortune 100 companies and insurance companies on risk mitigation. I don’t know Syracuse published policies. But I do know if you have policies and don’t follow them, you establish a precedent that other employees, future or past, could point to. With over 5,000 full time employees, and the every real threat of employment practices lawsuits, I assume the University has already considered that and okay with the situation.
DMac

Post by DMac »

It's a good thing some of you here never went into the military where the harshness is on another level and the name calling and belittling is intended to break you. Methinks most of you would have come running home to Mommy looking for your comfort blanket and pacifier. Had you made it through the first eight weeks and SERE school was your next stop, you never would have made it through that. There's a lot of what I'd bet is unjustified and untrue accusations going here about Kayla's coaching style. I've watched her plenty enough, up close and personal, as both a player and coach to not buy any of the accusations being made about her as a coach. I've commented more than once on how impressed I've been with her in how she greets and interacts with her players when they come off the field and how obvious it is that her girls respect and listen to her. Some of you folks need to take a hard look in the mirror.
I doubt there's anyone more disappointed and disgusted with what Kayla's brought to Cuse wlax with her goings on but that doesn't open the door to pile on with lies and horseschidt. Believe what ONW posted above. Oh, and toughen up a little bit.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

forthelaxofit wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:33 pm I think LaxPundit nailed it with the description of the world we live in.

I don’t know her or any players on the team, and honestly don’t care if she stays or goes. Every situation and family is different – but if I had a daughter there I would completely understand and support my daughter wanting to stay (leaving and starting over not easy). But at the same time if I had a ’26 I would tell her to look elsewhere this summer. Just me – not a judgement on what others do or decide.

Taking the people out of this, it is interesting how Syracuse handles this. I have worked with fortune 100 companies and insurance companies on risk mitigation. I don’t know Syracuse published policies. But I do know if you have policies and don’t follow them, you establish a precedent that other employees, future or past, could point to. With over 5,000 full time employees, and the every real threat of employment practices lawsuits, I assume the University has already considered that and okay with the situation.
Agree this is all in the hands of the lawyers now. Both sides. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:13 pm
forthelaxofit wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:33 pm I think LaxPundit nailed it with the description of the world we live in.

Agree this is all in the hands of the lawyers now. Both sides. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Yes, I don't believe a decision has actually been made yet because of these exact factors.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:56 am Just to weigh in here. A player who had Treanor as coach contacted me after the KT news started breaking. The only unsubstantiated news on KT at the time was that she was out at Syracuse. There was nothing out there, (that I read, anyway) alleging KT was a bad coach. This player rode the pine for her career and only saw action in blowouts. To paraphrase what the player wrote:

Greatest coach I ever had. It would be a huge loss and shame to the sport if her coaching days are over. She was so caring for all players whether they played regularly or not. She's a great person and coach.
I know most of the players that played for KT at BC and never did I hear a disparaging comment from any of the players. They respected her and revered her, and they were devastated when she left. Im sure she was tough and demanding but so are most coaches. I know for a fact that the other coaches at BC were much, much tougher on players, and that includes AW. It is hard to believe that things were that much different at Cuse. I really wish someone would end this thread.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

The disparaging of KTs coaching acumen is ridiculous. All coaches are tough on their players. The one's that aren't typically don't excel. You think KAH is all candy and hugs with her players? She's as tough as they come and you're either cut out to play for her or you're not. If anything, it shows that maybe KT made a mistake recruiting players that can't handle her coaching style. But to question her coaching ability is just crazy talk. She's been successful everywhere she's been.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

hmmm wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:11 pm The disparaging of KTs coaching acumen is ridiculous. All coaches are tough on their players. The one's that aren't typically don't excel. You think KAH is all candy and hugs with her players? She's as tough as they come and you're either cut out to play for her or you're not. If anything, it shows that maybe KT made a mistake recruiting players that can't handle her coaching style. But to question her coaching ability is just crazy talk. She's been successful everywhere she's been.
Agree with hmmmmm. Jenny levy and Kelly amonte hiller are incredibly hard on their players. Many players on their teams and their parents can’t handle it and gripe.
KTs relationship with a subordinate is an issue for Syracuse to sort out.
Her coaching acumen and style are not.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Cathy Reese is the only HOF coach that appears to be nice. It takes exponential talent to be nice and a championship level coach. Most people need to scream and berate to weed out the slackers.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”