President Donald J. Trump—Part ll

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: President Donald J. Trump—Part ll

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:05 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:01 pm I wouldn't exactly use the word support, so much as, he's a better candidate than Biden. Yes--Israel is supremely important to me. There are other issues too where I prefer Trump to Biden but that's the big one--Israel.
... is it Jewish welfare you are most concerned about, or is it Israel's? These are very different things.
Both. And I agree--two completely different things.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Trump supporters have completely redefined their morals to consider DJT a "better" candidate. I guess they must feel the felony convictions are just made-up, unfair persecution by a judge and the jurors that heard the case. DJT has been adjudicated a sexual abuser...again, simply unfair persecution? The business fraud case similarly has pegged him an adjudicated fraud. None of this matters to his base...because...he's a better candidate?

This factual situation is setting a VERY definitive difference between our two political parties. The Dem base has stepped up in recent days, countering the establishment media and establishment politicians, to support "their guy". They know that while the president is an important figurehead, the PARTY in control of the executive branch is where the rubber meets the road when it comes to accomplishing solid governance of our country.

When DJT does something bad, his base doesn't think it is bad anymore
AS REPUBLICANS LOWERED their standards on morality and crime, they also became more flexible about whether a criminal record should disqualify a presidential candidate.

“Do you think that someone who has been convicted of a felony should be allowed to be the president?”

In an April YouGov survey, only 17 percent of Republicans said yes to that question; 58 percent said no. But after Trump’s conviction, the numbers turned upside down. Fifty-eight percent of Republicans said yes; only 23 percent said no.

“Are there any circumstances in which you would be willing to vote for someone convicted of a felony who is running for president?”

When YouGov asked that question in April, 49 percent of Republicans said yes; 37 percent said no. After the verdict, 74 percent of Republicans said yes; only 14 percent said no.

One sign of Republicans’ devotion to Trump is that their increased willingness to elect criminals doesn’t extend equally to all offices. In the same two surveys that asked about electing a felon as president, YouGov also posed the following question: “Are there any circumstances in which you would be willing to vote for someone convicted of a felony who is running for city council?”

After Trump’s conviction, Republicans were more likely than before to say that they could envision voting for a felon for city council. But the percentage who expressed that view rose only to 63 percent—11 points shy of the number who said they could vote for a felon as president.

That seems bizarre. Why would some Republicans be more willing to elect a felon to the presidency than to a city council? The obvious answer is that these respondents aren’t focusing on which office is more important. They’re focusing on justifying a vote for Trump.
The Dem base is stirred and is ready to rumble with this MAGA base. In my opinion, the Dem base is MUCH deeper and MUCH broader than is the MagatS. They understand that there is more to running a country than one man at the top. They also understand many of the threats DJT poses to the type of country we are...and aspire to be.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
OuttaNowhereWregget

One of the more bizarre, or perhaps pathetic, comments coming from the Run-Cover-For-Biden-No-Matter-What camp has been, "Where's Trump? How come he's not saying anything?"

A transparently desperate attempt to goad Trump into taking the withering and long overdue media scrutiny off Biden.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Run-Cover-No-Matter-What", thy name is: the MAGAt base...

:roll: :roll:
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
OuttaNowhereWregget

Exactly. Now both bases are guilty of doing the exact same thing. No more moral high ground for the Dems/Libs.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

~80 year old convicted felon and rapist who stole money from his charity and was forced to dissolve it? Who had a disastrous debate where he constantly lied (that the media isn't covering very well)? Who was listed again and again in the new Epstein docs that were just unsealed, and has dipped out of public appearances while that blows over?

Exact same moral low ground as an ~80 year old who stumbled through a debate.

Funny that the media and most Republicans are only calling for one person to drop out of the race.

But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night to justify your vote I guess...
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 3:33 am
a fan wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:37 pm That's fine. There's a HUGE difference between "i prefer Trump to Biden" and, "I'm a Trump supporter", and "I prefer Trump to all other possible Republican nominees".
You don't afford me that distinction when I tell you that I prefer THE Republican candidate to Biden, even if it's Trump.
I absolutely have, over and over and over. You make fun of me for being a broken record....but you see why I do that.

You don't pay attention, is why. I have said over and over and over that my complaint is about who the R's and the Dems nominate.

:lol: How many times just this past week have I mocked Biden, OS. Have a look. How many times have I said I'm LIVID that we have to choose between two sh(tty, old-as-hell boomers to lead our country?

Remember that I just said: I can't imagine serving in the military right now, looking at who is going to lead me for the next four years.

Sorry mate, I am 100% am behind you holding your nose, and picking Trump. Or the other way around.

My complaint, to make sure you see it, is who you partisans NOMINATE to be your choice for POTUS.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Slicker than two eels in a bucket.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:09 am Slicker than two eels in a bucket.
Me?

I have NEVER hit someone for "holding their nose", and choosing one candidate over another.

Not once.
OuttaNowhereWregget

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:45 am ~80 year old convicted felon and rapist who stole money from his charity and was forced to dissolve it? Who had a disastrous debate where he constantly lied (that the media isn't covering very well)? Who was listed again and again in the new Epstein docs that were just unsealed, and has dipped out of public appearances while that blows over?

Funny that the media and most Republicans are only calling for one person to drop out of the race.

I'm immune to shaming on this topic. I'll vote for Trump with a crystal clear conscience over Biden or Harris or whomever the Dem du jour might end up being for Election 2024.
NattyBohChamps04

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:22 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:45 am ~80 year old convicted felon and rapist who stole money from his charity and was forced to dissolve it? Who had a disastrous debate where he constantly lied (that the media isn't covering very well)? Who was listed again and again in the new Epstein docs that were just unsealed, and has dipped out of public appearances while that blows over?

I'm immune to shaming on this topic. I'll vote for Trump with a crystal clear conscience over Biden or Harris or whomever the Dem du jour might end up being for Election 2024.
Oh I already know that. It's sadly one of the problems with America and the morals of today. But it is fun watching you try to shame others by suggesting the two sides are the same.

If Trump was running as a Democrat and Biden was running as a Republican, who would you vote for? If Trump wore a swastika armband, would you still vote for him over Biden?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:15 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:09 am Slicker than two eels in a bucket.
Me?

I have NEVER hit someone for "holding their nose", and choosing one candidate over another.

Not once.
The breadth of your posts imply differently. Maybe b/c your posts imply any vote for an R, means support for THAT candidate.....you paint us in to a corner and only give yourself a way out; hence my comment.

But appreciate the clarification, it helps
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
old salt

Post by old salt »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:45 am Who was listed again and again in the new Epstein docs that were just unsealed, and has dipped out of public appearances while that blows over?
Uncorroborated accusations which could not stand up under the scrutiny of litigation.

The accuser withdrew when faced with the scrutiny of litigation.
OuttaNowhereWregget

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:31 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:22 am

Oh I already know that. It's sadly one of the problems with America and the morals of today. But it is fun watching you try to shame others by suggesting the two sides are the same.

If Trump was running as a Democrat and Biden was running as a Republican, who would you vote for? If Trump wore a swastika armband, would you still vote for him over Biden?
This (ahem) discussion has degenerated into absurdity, and I've become bored with your transparent attempts to gull. Feel free to have the last word. I'm out.
NattyBohChamps04

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:38 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:45 am Who was listed again and again in the new Epstein docs that were just unsealed, and has dipped out of public appearances while that blows over?
Uncorroborated accusations which could not stand up under the scrutiny of litigation.

The death threats didn't have anything to do with her dropping the case? And the woman is really gonna have evidence of something she was forced to do as a child?

Trump is already a proven rapist. And sure, this is just an allegation. But it's one more allegation on top of dozens more. And Trump's name comes up again and again with all the Epstein stuff. Those aren't allegations, they did have a very long acquaintanceship. Documented.

Trump's already shown us his colors. We're just figuring out how bad he is at this point.
old salt

Post by old salt »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:02 am

The death threats didn't have anything to do with her dropping the case? And the woman is really gonna have evidence of something she was forced to do as a child?

Trump is already a proven rapist. And sure, this is just an allegation. But it's one more allegation on top of dozens more. And Trump's name comes up again and again with all the Epstein stuff. Those aren't allegations, they did have a very long acquaintanceship. Documented.

Trump's already shown us his colors. We're just figuring out how bad he is at this point.
She claimed death threats to justify her no show & unwillingness to pursue her claim. The case fell apart because of lack of corroborated evidence.

Trump was not a proven rapist. It was an uncorroborated he said-she said, in a civil suit.
She went into a lingerie dept changing room with Trump to model, on her own free will.
If anything transpired, it could have been consensual. No witnesses, no surveillance video.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... -accusers/

Prominent lawyer sought donor cash for two Trump accusers

A well-known women’s rights lawyer sought to arrange compensation from donors and tabloid media outlets for women who made or considered making sexual misconduct allegations against Donald Trump during the final months of the 2016 presidential race, according to documents and interviews.

California lawyer Lisa Bloom’s efforts included ...attempting to secure a six-figure payment for another woman who ultimately declined to come forward after being offered as much as $750,000, the clients told The Hill.

In a statement to The Hill, Bloom acknowledged she engaged in discussions to secure donations for women who made or considered making accusations against Trump before last year’s election.

“Donors reached out to my firm directly to help some of the women I represented,” said Bloom, whose clients have also included accusers of Bill Cosby and Bill O’Reilly.

...she also acknowledged a standard part of her contracts required women to pay her commissions as high as 33 percent if she sold their stories to media outlets.

...when a potential client abruptly backed out of a pre-election news conference in which she was supposed to allege she was sexually assaulted at age 13, Bloom turned her attention to another woman.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:32 am
a fan wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:15 am
Me?

Not once.
The breadth of your posts imply differently. Maybe b/c your posts imply any vote for an R, means support for THAT candidate.....you paint us in to a corner and only give yourself a way out; hence my comment.

But appreciate the clarification, it helps
The ONLY time I've questioned why folks support Trump is the very same economic question I've said over and over and over.....Trump's policies royally F his base, and they're paying ZERO attention to that. To quote myself: "owning the libs doesn't put food on the table".

But again, supporting Trump ain't the same thing as voting for Trump. Two different things.

I understand perfectly well why, for example, a 1%er would vote for Trump. Makes PERFECT sense to me.....I'd never criticize someone for being self-interested when casting a vote. My criticism arrives when the vote works CONTRARY to a voter's actual economic outcome.

I hit the Republicans over and over and over because I want you guys to step up and solve working class American's problems. You're not doing that. You're ignoring them, and focusing on shiny stupid things like trans in sports and the stupid border. And in both cases? All you're doing is whining about it, instead of passing laws the fix the problem.

And you know this is all true.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:38 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:02 am

She claimed death threats to justify her no show & unwillingness to pursue her claim. The case fell apart because of lack of corroborated evidence.

Trump was not a proven rapist. It was an uncorroborated he said-she said, in a civil suit.
She went into a lingerie dept changing room with Trump to model, on her own free will.
If anything transpired, it could have been consensual. No witnesses, no surveillance video.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... -accusers/

Prominent lawyer sought donor cash for two Trump accusers

A well-known women’s rights lawyer sought to arrange compensation from donors and tabloid media outlets for women who made or considered making sexual misconduct allegations against Donald Trump during the final months of the 2016 presidential race, according to documents and interviews.

California lawyer Lisa Bloom’s efforts included ...attempting to secure a six-figure payment for another woman who ultimately declined to come forward after being offered as much as $750,000, the clients told The Hill.

In a statement to The Hill, Bloom acknowledged she engaged in discussions to secure donations for women who made or considered making accusations against Trump before last year’s election.

“Donors reached out to my firm directly to help some of the women I represented,” said Bloom, whose clients have also included accusers of Bill Cosby and Bill O’Reilly.

...she also acknowledged a standard part of her contracts required women to pay her commissions as high as 33 percent if she sold their stories to media outlets.

...when a potential client abruptly backed out of a pre-election news conference in which she was supposed to allege she was sexually assaulted at age 13, Bloom turned her attention to another woman.
What you meant, i assume, was that Trump was never convicted of rape by a criminal jury. JC received a civil award of $80 million ? In the civil suit arising from the. his actions. I believe it was the trial judge who said it was in essence a civil guilty verdict. Working from memory
NattyBohChamps04

OCanada wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:20 pm What you meant, i assume, was that Trump was never convicted of rape by a criminal jury. JC received a civil award of $80 million ? In the civil suit arising from the. his actions. I believe it was the trial judge who said it was in essence a civil guilty verdict. Working from memory
The judge said Trump raped her. Trump's a rapist.

Trump even tried to sue Carroll for defamation when she called him a rapist. Trump lost.

But the Judge is right. He raped her.

There are different legal definitions for the word from state to state to federal court depending on the act vs the common parlance. Trump raped her according to the federal definition.

A Federal Judge Has Gone to Great Lengths to Make Clear Trump Really Did Rape E. Jean Carroll
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Thank you

Return to “POLITICS”