The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
NattyBohChamps04

Re: 2024

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

ELECTION
Robert F. Kennedy Jr. says he 'won't take sides' on what happened on 9/11

Not surprising coming from republican/saudi candidates
old salt

Post by old salt »

In this case, the market was not moved by normal market forces which could be anticipated.
It was moved by unprecedented political government interference with the free market.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:17 pm Great. Any chance you could stop whining about this, blow your nose, and take your lamentations to a thread devoted to your whiny racism. “Old Salt’s 1954, Now”? “Randy’s White Men Only Times”? Enough with your bullsh@t.
:lol: Not a chance. Time to change you diaper.

Based on my posts, forum readers learned about ILMN, GRAL, their coming MCED test, Lina Khan & Biden's FTC actions.
afan learned that Biden did not actually fatten everyone's stock portfolio, as he claimed.
TLD even bought some GRAL. You're Welcome.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 1:06 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:17 pm Great. Any chance you could stop whining about this, blow your nose, and take your lamentations to a thread devoted to your whiny racism. “Old Salt’s 1954, Now”? “Randy’s White Men Only Times”? Enough with your bullsh@t.

Based on my posts, forum readers learned about ILMN, GRAL, their coming MCED test, Lina Khan & Biden's FTC actions.
afan learned that Biden did not actually fatten everyone's stock portfolio, as he claimed.
Readers also learned how not to manage a portfolio. :oops:
Whine on, Saltine!!!!!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Everyone’s except yours.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Joe said he will drop out if " God tells him to" So how is that sage advice from God suppose to work? That's the kind of stuff those Sunday morning evangelists talk about all of the time. "God told me to tell you to send me a 1000 dollars" I always become dubious when anyone declares that God told them to do something. I'm sure Joe has people around him that he trusts. It might be a good idea to ask them what they honestly think. In Joes present state of mind he will never win in 2024.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 8:27 am

Everyone’s except yours.
Maybe God will advise you what stocks you should invest in? :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:08 am

Right. My remaining > 2000% long term gain on ILMN is really poor portfolio management.
+ I'm in on the ground floor of GRAL, at no cost.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:42 am

Right. My remaining > 2000% long term gain on ILMN is really poor portfolio management.
Then perhaps you should STFU already :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Kismet wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:01 am

Then perhaps you should STFU already :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I thought he said he lost money?
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:16 am

On paper. Diminished unrealized gain. Still haven't sold any.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Maybe you should. If you can't say something snarky, don't say anything at all.
I was simply responding to afan's assertions that Biden fattened up my stock portfolio.
Actually, he slimmed it down only slightly...thanks to our diversification.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I wonder if Xi or Putin are required to agree on questions and talking points with Biden? https://x.com/AGHamilton29/status/1809612180196847868
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:31 am

So you haven’t shown a loss. Who told you not to take some money off the table? A lot of investors took their money off the Illumina table. You could have bought it back cheaper. People do it everyday. Stop whining about it. You decided to accept the risk. Nobody forced you. You could have realized some profit in your Illumina position but YOU chose not to. Why don’t you talk to counsel about a class action lawsuit agitation Jihad Jane and the other DEI folks that caused you to hold on to your stock.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:33 am

So you haven’t shown a loss. Who told you not to take some money off the table? A lot of investors took their money off the Illumina table. You could have bought it back cheaper. People do it everyday. Stop whining about it. You decided to accept the risk. Nobody forced you. You could have realized some profit in your Illumina position but YOU chose not to. Why don’t you talk to counsel about a class action lawsuit agitation Jihad Jane and the other DEI folks that caused you to hold on to your stock.
I've been inundated by unsolicited emails from vulture plaintiff's attorneys. I purchased my ILMN shares long before the class action acquisition window. I'm holding on because ILMN still retains 80% market share & I expect it to regain some, or much, of it's lost value. I don't have any better prospects & I want to hold off paying cap gains tax. I don't churn - you have to wait 90 days before reacquiring. I don't need any more cash to invest. I don't need any more new stocks at this point. The rest of my long term buy & hold portfolio is doing quite well, but not as well as ILMN was, before Biden & Khan F-ed with it. I don't think they have a target on any of my other holdings...yet.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 1:06 am afan learned that Biden did not actually fatten everyone's stock portfolio, as he claimed.
And what did the forum learn from this exchange?

-why the .01%ers LOVE monopolies, and demand more of them.
-that these .01%er make the rules we all live by. Which is why we have these monopolies in the first place
-that these .01%ers will scream bloody murder if you take one dollar off their plate, and tell us we're commies for doing it
-that the .01%ers will never have enough money. Never. And they want everything and everyone out of their way to make even a dollar more

-that competition is inherently bad for the .01%ers
-that it makes no difference to them HOW they make their money....they'll scream about .gov "interference" on one hand, and then hope Trump shows up to have the .gov interfere to their own personal benefit
-that they know, yet don't care, that these monopolies hurt smaller businesses

It's been an education. Thanks for that......
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:59 am

I've been inundated by unsolicited emails from vulture plaintiff's attorneys. I purchased my ILMN shares long before the class action acquisition window. I'm holding on because ILMN still retains 80% market share & I expect it to regain some, or much, of it's lost value. I don't have any better prospects & I want to hold off paying cap gains tax. I don't churn - you have to wait 90 days before reacquiring. I don't need any more cash to invest. I don't need any more new stocks at this point. The rest of my long term buy & hold portfolio is doing quite well, but not as well as ILMN was, before Biden & Khan F-ed with it. I don't think they have a target on any of my other holdings...yet.
Seems like the math is as better to pay Long Term Capital Gain tax of 15% on your profit, than riding the stock down from $500 to $100. But that was your choice. You are mad at DEI Jihad Jane because you didn’t want to pay long term capital gains tax. And rebalancing a portfolio isn’t “churning”.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:22 pm

Seems like the math is as better to pay Long Term Capital Gain tax of 15% on your profit, than riding the stock down from $500 to $100. But that was your choice. You are mad at DEI Jihad Jane because you didn’t want to pay long term capital gains tax. And rebalancing a portfolio isn’t “churning”.
I expected ILMN to get a favorable ruling from the 5th Circuit. By then, the damage had been done.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:08 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 1:06 am afan learned that Biden did not actually fatten everyone's stock portfolio, as he claimed.
And what did the forum learn from this exchange?

-why the .01%ers LOVE monopolies, and demand more of them.
-that these .01%er make the rules we all live by. Which is why we have these monopolies in the first place
-that these .01%ers will scream bloody murder if you take one dollar off their plate, and tell us we're commies for doing it
-that the .01%ers will never have enough money. Never. And they want everything and everyone out of their way to make even a dollar more

-that competition is inherently bad for the .01%ers
-that it makes no difference to them HOW they make their money....they'll scream about .gov "interference" on one hand, and then hope Trump shows up to have the .gov interfere to their own personal benefit
-that they know, yet don't care, that these monopolies hurt smaller businesses

It's been an education. Thanks for that......
Here's what I learned from you.
I should migrate to Cuba or Venezuela, since the USSR no longer exists.
No more little guys designing DNA sequencing machines in their garage.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:30 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:22 pm

I expected ILMN to get a favorable ruling from the 5th Circuit. By then, the damage had been done.
The investors that were selling probably had a different set of expectations. They were right. YOU were wrong. You haven’t lost any money whereas your co-investors realized some profit.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”