LiveLaxLove wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:57 pm
UO22 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:58 am
LiveLaxLove wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:12 pm
Brownlax wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:24 am
LaxGnome22 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:36 am
watcherinthewoods wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:25 am
LaxGnome22 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 10:02 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 9:58 pm
LaxGnome22 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 8:48 pm Here’s a question that I am not sure anyone has had experience with. My daughter has been getting hits on her still active sports recruit page the last week. Two top 30 teams multiple times. She’s been committed since September. Is this normal? She hits Live Love Lax next weekend for the start of the final tournaments (thank god). I have heard comments in the past that it happens depending on the sliminess of the coach. Has this happened to anyone?
Not a big deal for profile views. Some coaches just go through all of their saved players. Now if they are looking at videos, then that it something else.
It was video views, multiple times
It happens and pretty open secret among the coaches. My daughter's college coach told her class after a committed event where they turned some heads: "When they call you, you call me."
That was going to be one of my questions. I guess if they contact her she should let the coach know. Although one of them was her top choice.
On the men’s side of things - this is a pretty open practice. Certain coaches have made it clear that they will still recruit top players until they sign their NLI.

This is a regular occurrence in other sports as well.

If a coach can change their mind on players or applying for another job, then kids should have the same opportunity.
WLax seems like the only sport where recruiting stops once a commitment has been made versus when the NLI is signed, and I don't think there's a coach out there that wants to be the first to break that trend -- I'm sure the entire community will go after their players at that point.

I'll bet this trend does break in the near future, especially knowing that some schools will be left behind in the unlimited scholarship/paying players phase of collegiate athletics due to financial abilities. Example: why would a Syracuse, BC, or Denver commit that's going to pay $40-60k a year not listen to a Florida, Clemson, or Penn State coach, where they could go to school for free AND make money?
I hear what you are saying. Denver, BC and Syracuse have very competitive aide packages. Florida is a strong academic school and out of state tuition (along with lax or edu aid) make is a nice option. Clemson may have nice facilities, but their academics are meh at best. BC, Syracuse, PSU, and Florida also have prominent alumni networks that are also extremely helpful for internships, jobs, etc.
Lol. Watch
@UO22 - what say you now? 🤣😉
Relax77

Re: Recruiting

Post by Relax77 »

LiveLaxLove wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:42 am
LaxGnome22 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 8:48 pm Here’s a question that I am not sure anyone has had experience with. My daughter has been getting hits on her still active sports recruit page the last week. Two top 30 teams multiple times. She’s been committed since September. Is this normal? She hits Live Love Lax next weekend for the start of the final tournaments (thank god). I have heard comments in the past that it happens depending on the sliminess of the coach. Has this happened to anyone?
Not a big deal for profile views. Some coaches just go through all of their saved players. Now if they are looking at videos, then that it something else.
It happens and pretty open secret among the coaches. My daughter's college coach told her class after a committed event where they turned some heads: "When they call you, you call me."
That was going to be one of my questions. I guess if they contact her she should let the coach know. Although one of them was her top choice.
On the men’s side of things - this is a pretty open practice. Certain coaches have made it clear that they will still recruit top players until they sign their NLI.

If a coach can change their mind on players or applying for another job, then kids should have the same opportunity.
WLax seems like the only sport where recruiting stops once a commitment has been made versus when the NLI is signed, and I don't think there's a coach out there that wants to be the first to break that trend -- I'm sure the entire community will go after their players at that point.

I'll bet this trend does break in the near future, especially knowing that some schools will be left behind in the unlimited scholarship/paying players phase of collegiate athletics due to financial abilities. Example: why would a Syracuse, BC, or Denver commit that's going to pay $40-60k a year not listen to a Florida, Clemson, or Penn State coach, where they could go to school for free AND make money?
I hear what you are saying. Denver, BC and Syracuse have very competitive aide packages. Florida is a strong academic school and out of state tuition (along with lax or edu aid) make is a nice option. Clemson may have nice facilities, but their academics are meh at best. BC, Syracuse, PSU, and Florida also have prominent alumni networks that are also extremely helpful for internships, jobs, etc.
Lol. Watch
Nice. Amazing how people still think it’s about academics for the majority of these commits.
LiveLaxLove

Post by LiveLaxLove »

Relax77 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:54 am
LiveLaxLove wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:42 am

Lol. Watch
Nice. Amazing how people still think it’s about academics for the majority of these commits.
It's not like the academics are THAT different.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Does anyone know who did the USClublax player rankings for 25s and 26s?

Thankfully, my daughter wasn't rated, but some of these rankings are by folks who have clearly never watched the player play. For instance, on my daughters team, the slowest attacker on the team got a 4.75 athleticism rating, while a girl who set state indoor track records got rated a 4.0.

Also makes no sense why you are rating some girls and in the comments saying they won't play D1 lacrosse.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 2:04 pm Does anyone know who did the USClublax player rankings for 25s and 26s?

Thankfully, my daughter wasn't rated, but some of these rankings are by folks who have clearly never watched the player play. For instance, on my daughters team, the slowest attacker on the team got a 4.75 athleticism rating, while a girl who set state indoor track records got rated a 4.0.

Also makes no sense why you are rating some girls and in the comments saying they won't play D1 lacrosse.
Almost positive you pay to play with these...
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

spidey44 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 2:12 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 2:04 pm Does anyone know who did the USClublax player rankings for 25s and 26s?

That's correct. You have to submit your name or be submitted. It's not a real thing.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

hmmm wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 2:29 pm

That's correct. You have to submit your name or be submitted. It's not a real thing.
Pretty sure that is for the US Club Lax Rising Stars. Not the player rankings. Multiple kids who never applied for anything were ranked.
That being said. I agree with Max. What the hell were they watching on some of those. 😳
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Relax77 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:16 pm

Pretty sure that is for the US Club Lax Rising Stars. Not the player rankings. Multiple kids who never applied for anything were ranked.
That being said. I agree with Max. What the hell were they watching on some of those. 😳
You’re right. I was thinking of Lacrosse Magazine which isn’t a real thing. Tough to keep this silly lists straight.
McLax9777

Post by McLax9777 »

hmmm wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:07 pm
Relax77 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:16 pm

You’re right. I was thinking of Lacrosse Magazine which isn’t a real thing. Tough to keep this silly lists straight.
USclublax player rankings are probably more believable and reputable than lacrosse magazine.

But yeah both 👎🏻
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Army landed a committment of a girl from M&D black
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Felt the need to break up all the Cuse rumors, so I'm back with my look at recruiting rankings, this time for the 2020 class. Since this class did not get the COVID year, this will be the final breakdown for this class as this is the last year everyone in the class had a guaranteed year of eligibility.
Here is the post to the 2019 class for those interested. It's too long to quote imo.
viewtopic.php?p=565927#p565927
Here is how things shaped up for the 2020 class. As always, players who transfer have asterisks next to the school they played for to be placed in their respective category.
Multi-Time AA: Belle Smith, #2, Boston College
Kristin O’Neill, #9, Penn State
Ellie Masera, #10, Stony Brook
Eloise Clevenger, #17, Maryland
Maddie Burns, OTR, Michigan
AA:Caitlyn Wurzberger, #1, North Carolina
Ashley Humphrey, #4, Stanford*/North Carolina
Katie DeSimone, #5, Duke
Maggi Hall, #7, Florida
Morgan Schwab, #12, Virginia
Maggie Bostain, #20, Virginia
Danielle Pavinelli, #23, Florida
Aubrey Williams, #27, Virginia
Mackenzie Hoeg, #31, Virginia
Katie Goodale, #36, Syracuse
Emma Ward, #41 Syracuse
Alyssa Long, #42, North Carolina
Kendall Halpern, #44, Northwestern
Sydni Black, OTR, Loyola
Liz Harrison, OTR, Florida
All-conference: Sarah Jaques, #6, Stanford
Kayla Abernathy, #8, Penn State
Gretchen Gilmore, #14, Penn State
Sophia Wrisk, #15, Maryland/Tampa*
Reilly Casey, #19, North Carolina
Ailish Kelly, #22 Stanford
Katelyn Morgan, #40, James Madison
Madison Waters, #45, USC/Florida
Jaden Hampel, #48, Stony Brook
Sammy Dupcak, OTR, Penn State
Tatum Geist, OTR, Georgetown
Hayley Hunt, OTR, Stony Brook/Lehigh*
Taylor Lane, OTR, Yale
Jamie Lasda, OTR, Ohio State
Anna Palmisano, OTR, Denver
Hunter Roman, OTR, Boston College
Natalie Smith, OTR, Syracuse
Maria Themelis, OTR, Penn
Carolyn Thistlewaite, OTR, James Madison
Shelby Tilton, OTR, USC
Jo Torres, OTR, Navy/Towson
Isabelle Vitale, OTR, USC
Multi-year starter: Andrea Reynolds, #11, Boston College
Shannon Smith, #13, North Carolina/Maryland*
Aine Maseker, #18, Notre Dame
Campbell Case, #26. Johns Hopkins
Keelin Schlageter, #28, Notre Dame
Devon Whitaker, #30, Virginia
Annabelle Burke, #32, Michigan
Sophie Student, #35, Virginia Tech/North Carolina
Regan Alexander, #49, Ohio State
Katy Gilbert, OTR, Stanford
Maddie Joyce, OTR, Brown
Katie Keller, OTR, Duke
Ella Little, OTR, North Carolina/Clemson*
Emily Magalotti, OTR, North Carolina/Ohio State*
Chloe Provenzano, OTR, Harvard
Starter: Jenny Markey, #29, Syracuse
Kacy Hogarth, OTR, Maryland*/Virginia
Cameron Levine, OTR, Johns Hopkins
Ali McHugh, OTR, Notre Dame
Morgan Smith, OTR, Penn
Contributor: Leah Holmes, #3, Northwestern
Gina-Marie Ricciotti, #24, Harvard
Alanna Wray, #33, Loyola
Kristen Shanahan, #34, Notre Dame
Annabelle Hasselbeck, #38, Boston College
LaRen Blakesley, OTR, Maryland/Jacksonville*
Eliza Bowman, OTR, Johns Hopkins/UConn*
Caitlin Dellecave, OTR, Stony Brook
Lexi Edmonds, OTR, Penn
Cam Evitts, OTR, Penn State
Alaina Hamood, OTR, Penn State
Hannah Johnson, OTR, Northwestern
Megan Kielbasa, OTR, Johns Hopkins
Abigail Maichin, OTR, Notre Dame
Olivia Mattis, OTR, James Madison
Sara Palmisano, OTR, Denver*/Clemson
Kelly Schluederberg, OTR, Florida
Claire Snyder, OTR, Northwestern
Christine Thomas, OTR, Maryland
Missed: Kathryn Toohey, #16, Penn State
Natalie Pansini, #21, Princeton/Maryland/Jacksonville
Alexa Gentile, #25, North Carolina
Olivia Geoghan, #37, Stanford
Amelia Sheehan, #39, North Carolina
Julia Hammerschlag, #43, Florida/Maryland
Avery Jaffe, #46, Maryland/Drexel
Jackie Nosworthy, #47, Florida
Kyle Kirby, #50, Notre Dame
Lilly Kannapell, OTR, Virginia Tech
Olivia Koch, OTR, Princeton
Izzy Marsh, OTR, Duke
Sophia McMahon, OTR, Stanford
Kacie Mooney, OTR, Notre Dame
Emma Panciocco, OTR, Florida
Tate Paulson, OTR, Syracuse
Katie Riehl, OTR, Boston College/Richmond
Maddy Sesay, OTR, Maryland/Richmond
Ashley West, OTR, Virginia
Some takeaways:
-Despite having one less year than the three previous classes I evaluated, the numbers for 2020 are pretty similar to others, at least at the top
-This class had 20 AAs, which is more than the 2018 top 100 (11) and slightly behind 2017 (25) and 2019 (22). It also had 42 all-conference players, which trails only the 2019 class (44).
-However, it only had 62 players reach starter status, the least of any class so far. 81 hit contributor status, which is right in line with the previous 3 classes.
-BC the clear winner in this class, even though Scales and Martello weren't ranked in the top 100
-Other classes that stood out to me were Florida, Penn State, Virginia and UNC
-Those 4 are interesting because Florida obviously put it all together last year, UNC had leftovers from the 2022 super team who couldn't reach those heights and PSU and Virginia just never put it together in the NCAA Tournament.
-The transfer increase wasn't as big as the 2019 class. Slight increase from 16 through 2023 to 18 this year. 2019 saw it increase from 9 to 21 over the same time.
-Hope some of you find this interesting. I'll be back with the 2021 class at some point.
cdb

Post by cdb »

In men's football about half of the 5 stars do not play as expected. Sometimes they were rated incorrectly, but many times hey are surprised about how much effort is required to be better and/or become better than her excellent athletes. When I played football, what was required of the team, is so much less than what is required of these young women. That is one of the mai reasons I am so attracted to the sport. There is no such thing as not giving one's all.
Deacon022

Post by Deacon022 »

cdb wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 3:36 pm In men's football about half of the 5 stars do not play as expected. Sometimes they were rated incorrectly, but many times hey are surprised about how much effort is required to be better and/or become better than her excellent athletes. When I played football, what was required of the team, is so much less than what is required of these young women. That is one of the mai reasons I am so attracted to the sport. There is no such thing as not giving one's all.
Burnout is legit. In any sport that kids are doing it for so long. My daughter hasn’t picked up a stick since Lax for the Cure. She’s happy she has her first summer to herself with the exception of two future school functions. She has club teammates that according to their parents are at their high school running, practicing, trying to get better everyday. My daughter and others like her will realize that girls who are going to be continuing to work will get even better than they are. And when you go play high level D1 lacrosse , the kids you think are behind you can get ahead of you real quick. I would imagine this is what happens to some of those highly ranked players.
laxmenow

Post by laxmenow »

The above analysis is fantastic! My takeaway is that most of the Top 100 perform as expected, and that those that didn’t are at top schools who have 4-5 years of other top 100 recruits, and only 15-18 really play. I wonder about two things: how many unranked AAs are there? And for those that don’t at least start, were all those they say behind also ranked? Good stuff to ponder (and a lot more interesting to me than that gossip on the other thread 😀)
jff97

Post by jff97 »

laxmenow wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:35 pm The above analysis is fantastic! My takeaway is that most of the Top 100 perform as expected, and that those that didn’t are at top schools who have 4-5 years of other top 100 recruits, and only 15-18 really play. I wonder about two things: how many unranked AAs are there? And for those that don’t at least start, were all those they say behind also ranked? Good stuff to ponder (and a lot more interesting to me than that gossip on the other thread 😀)
I'm not sure how many unranked AAs there are, and as I have an actual job I don't really have time to check that :) . But my general takeaway from looking at this for a couple years is that defense and goalie tend to have more unranked players than the other positions. Just thinking off the top of my head Trenchard and Scales are two defenders that come to mind, and Cuocco and O'Grady are two goalies that were unranked.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”