The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: "Have you had a cold before?"

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:25 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:55 am As far as standing by Trump no matter what, I consider that implication ill-advised, if indeed you are directing it at me specifically, in light of the understanding I thought you and I reached the other day. I have criticized Trump on these boards as well. One search of my posts will bear that out. To group me in with Trump-no-matter-what apologists is unfair.
Happily stand corrected. I haven't seen a single post where you hit Trump for the same thing you're hitting Biden for over and over and over.....if you have, and I missed it? My apologies for assuming.

His speeches are the very definition of rambling insanity.
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:55 am I hope we can continue to be civil and respectful to one another.
I don't see how that was disrespectful...we're going to disagree on points. If we didn't, we'd be mindless robots. This forum thrives when different views are discussed....I WANT to hear how others think about the world, and like it when folks have opposing views.

Happy 4th to you and your family, too!

I'll answer the "what would a fiscally conservative President do" when I have time.
-
If you search my username on the politics thread, and then refine that search with Trump, you'll see a number of posts wherein I criticize him.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:25 am I haven't seen a single post where you hit Trump for the same thing you're hitting Biden for over and over and over.....if you have, and I missed it? My apologies for assuming.

If memory serves, I've been hitting the White House for running cover for Biden and lying about it. I can't blame Biden ultimately--we get old, sometimes our brain gets tired along with our body. It happened to my dad near the end. Caused us to have to take his keys away. It was no longer safe for him to drive. Joe's keys will be taken away soon enough. Not his fault. It's the fault of those who continue to prop him up and lie about his condition.

I've heard Trump step in it during his speeches plenty of times. He often has verbal diarrhea and can't help himself. This recent video clip released of him scoffing at Biden and Harris with coarse language from his golf cart only serves to make him look bad. It's probably all his advisors can do to get him to stop being such a braggadocio when the press is around--and, in a strange kind of way, the press these days can end up being anyone with a phone.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:41 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:27 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:17 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:00 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:09 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:27 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:19 am
old salt wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:52 am The media has been doing it to Trump since 2015. The public gets it.

The media has finally been embarrassed into covering Biden. The public sees the difference & is responding accordingly.
Well said.
Nattyboh is seeing red...all the time, can't even see other colors: https://www.google.com/search?q=how+man ... s-wiz-serp
You're not curious why Republicans are pushing so hard for Biden to be replaced? When he's supposed to lose by a landslide in November?

Can you google that for me?

:lol:
:roll: Last I checked, this is a sports themed forum and you fight like hell until the final whistle. You sound like the guy in the stands yelling "wheels" and "that's a ward" ;) :lol:

Go have a nattyboh and a hot dog, give the wife a smack on the butt and tell her you love as you pop your beer. Happy Fourth!!
I think you're referring to Joe as that 'guy in the stands', whereas natty is indeed "until the final whistle". That's the way I was taught to play and wrestle as well. It ain't over until it's over.

What some folks don't seem to understand is that from the perspective of whole lot of Dems and "RINO's" and independents, the stakes are extremely high. No greater single domestic political concern in our adult lifetimes than the defeat of Trump and MAGA. Big deal. BIG. And that feels all the more relevant on July 4th.

That said, excellent advice to us all in your last sentence, though be careful that butt smack is received as affectionately as you presumably mean it. ;)

We're in our home here in MD for just 6 more days, so last 4th here...family, burgers and dogs, baked beans, corn on the cob, salad...and some cold ones for sure!

Enjoy your family time, youth, and pop a cold one for us all.

And thanks to all who participate on here constructively.
Where ya headed MD?
Florida, east coast, 40 minutes north of Palm Beach on the St. Lucie River.
Same golf and yachting community we began to join my mother at during Covid.
Harbour Ridge Yacht and Country Club
She needs the oversight now and the community is terrific.
Audubon award winning, Distinguished Clubs of America, 2 golf courses for 800 doors, so always a tee time: marina, tennis, pickle, etc .

Much more green space and wetlands protection, bird sanctuary than typical Florida clubs.

Great 'dog park' too for folks like Salty and cradle.

But big downsizing!

We'll get back for various events, but won't own anything up here.
We'll get further up north for summers and hope to spend much more time traveling in summer.
This year on Cape Cod for niece's wedding and hang with wife's family, a cruise to Bermuda, 2 weeks at Squam Lake in NH, and then up through Canada to Quebec City for 5 days, cruise to PEI, Nova Scotia, back down through Maine...next summer Europe trip for most of the summer hopefully. I'm not a fan of big boat causing, so this is a bit of stretch for me this summer.
Enjoy, that place looks beautiful. Sorry we never had the chance to catch up while you were in the MD area. Enjoy, for what sounds like the beginning of a new chapter. How do you like Florida? Personally, I can not stand the heat, I love to be outdoors as much as possible, not a fan of being confined and in the A/C, makes me feel groggy/lazy, which puts Florida in the state of little interest...unless it's off season.

Safe travels, for what sounds like a busy upcoming year.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
old salt

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by old salt »

Perilous time for our country. Uncertainty in Command.

It's not too late for Biden to save the country from another Trump term. He could --
-- withdraw from the race
-- release his delegates
-- ask the DNC to arrange a mini-campaign with debates (some in swing states) before the convention
-- Biden endorse none of the candidates, but pledge his support to the candidate the convention selects
-- pledge to not campaign, but to devote his full energy & time to completing his term as President.
-- if he wants Harris to succeed him, he'll resign now & let her pick her interim VP/running mate.

The Dems may have to write off Ohio, because of their protracted early voting scam.
They'll have to figure out what to do with the Biden-Harris campaign finance war chest.

Trump doesn't need to do anything. He can just stand back & let Biden self-destruct.
The longer it takes, the less time the Dems will have to recover.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

And no calls for Trump to drop out to save us from another Trump term?

"Please Democrats, save us from ourselves!"

Great energy there. SMH
njbill

Post by njbill »

old salt wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 5:13 am Perilous time for our country. Uncertainty in Command.

It's not too late for Biden to save the country from another Trump term. He could --
-- withdraw from the race
-- release his delegates
-- ask the DNC to arrange a mini-campaign with debates (some in swing states) before the convention
-- Biden endorse none of the candidates, but pledge his support to the candidate the convention selects
-- pledge to not campaign, but to devote his full energy & time to completing his term as President.
-- if he wants Harris to succeed him, he'll resign now & let her pick her interim VP/running mate.

The Dems may have to write off Ohio, because of their protracted early voting scam.
They'll have to figure out what to do with the Biden-Harris campaign finance war chest.

Trump doesn't need to do anything. He can just stand back & let Biden self-destruct.
The longer it takes, the less time the Dems will have to recover.
Last night in the response to the question about taking a cognitive test, Joe should have said I will do what my doctor recommends. If my doctor recommends a cognitive test, I will take one. That is what any other person would do. You follow your own doctor’s advice. You don’t take tests suggested by the press.

Alternatively, he could’ve said I will a cognitive test administered by an independent doctor as long as Trump will take the exact same test. Of course, Trump would never do that.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Latest Bloomberg/Morning Consult poll:

njbill

Post by njbill »

Pretty interesting poll results. Not as bad for old Joe as many seem to be making out.

I feel like I know Pennsylvania the best of the swing states. While I live in New Jersey, I am in the Philadelphia media market. I worked in Philadelphia for 25 years. My sister and her family have lived in Pennsylvania for 40 years (kids and spouses in their 30s.)

No way Trump is seven points ahead in Pennsylvania. In fact, I still think Joe will take Pennsylvania.

Now, if I am right that the Pennsylvania poll is wrong, maybe some of the other polls are wrong as well, going one way or another.

Yes, we are getting closer to the election, but I still don’t think the polls at this point are necessarily all that close to what the final results will be in each of the swing states. Lots of twist and turns still left in this election. And who knows what October surprises each side has for the other.

If Joe wins the three blue wall states (and assuming he wins the one Nebraska blue district), he gets exactly to 270.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:42 am
a fan wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:25 am I haven't seen a single post where you hit Trump for the same thing you're hitting Biden for over and over and over.....if you have, and I missed it? My apologies for assuming.

If memory serves, I've been hitting the White House for running cover for Biden and lying about it. I can't blame Biden ultimately--we get old, sometimes our brain gets tired along with our body. It happened to my dad near the end. Caused us to have to take his keys away. It was no longer safe for him to drive. Joe's keys will be taken away soon enough. Not his fault. It's the fault of those who continue to prop him up and lie about his condition.

I've heard Trump step in it during his speeches plenty of times. He often has verbal diarrhea and can't help himself. This recent video clip released of him scoffing at Biden and Harris with coarse language from his golf cart only serves to make him look bad. It's probably all his advisors can do to get him to stop being such a braggadocio when the press is around--and, in a strange kind of way, the press these days can end up being anyone with a phone.
Au contraire. I'm around too many North Carolina Republicans, the land of the idiot Mark "just keep your skirt down" Robinson. Trumpists here love that clip. It's just one more time he's telling it like it is, owning the libs, and showing the strength we need from the best president ever. Millions of morons.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:12 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:41 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:27 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:17 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:00 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:09 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:27 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:19 am
old salt wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:52 am The media has been doing it to Trump since 2015. The public gets it.

The media has finally been embarrassed into covering Biden. The public sees the difference & is responding accordingly.
Well said.
Nattyboh is seeing red...all the time, can't even see other colors: https://www.google.com/search?q=how+man ... s-wiz-serp
You're not curious why Republicans are pushing so hard for Biden to be replaced? When he's supposed to lose by a landslide in November?

Can you google that for me?

:lol:
:roll: Last I checked, this is a sports themed forum and you fight like hell until the final whistle. You sound like the guy in the stands yelling "wheels" and "that's a ward" ;) :lol:

Go have a nattyboh and a hot dog, give the wife a smack on the butt and tell her you love as you pop your beer. Happy Fourth!!
I think you're referring to Joe as that 'guy in the stands', whereas natty is indeed "until the final whistle". That's the way I was taught to play and wrestle as well. It ain't over until it's over.

What some folks don't seem to understand is that from the perspective of whole lot of Dems and "RINO's" and independents, the stakes are extremely high. No greater single domestic political concern in our adult lifetimes than the defeat of Trump and MAGA. Big deal. BIG. And that feels all the more relevant on July 4th.

That said, excellent advice to us all in your last sentence, though be careful that butt smack is received as affectionately as you presumably mean it. ;)

We're in our home here in MD for just 6 more days, so last 4th here...family, burgers and dogs, baked beans, corn on the cob, salad...and some cold ones for sure!

Enjoy your family time, youth, and pop a cold one for us all.

And thanks to all who participate on here constructively.
Where ya headed MD?
Florida, east coast, 40 minutes north of Palm Beach on the St. Lucie River.
Same golf and yachting community we began to join my mother at during Covid.
Harbour Ridge Yacht and Country Club
She needs the oversight now and the community is terrific.
Audubon award winning, Distinguished Clubs of America, 2 golf courses for 800 doors, so always a tee time: marina, tennis, pickle, etc .

Much more green space and wetlands protection, bird sanctuary than typical Florida clubs.

Great 'dog park' too for folks like Salty and cradle.

But big downsizing!

We'll get back for various events, but won't own anything up here.
We'll get further up north for summers and hope to spend much more time traveling in summer.
This year on Cape Cod for niece's wedding and hang with wife's family, a cruise to Bermuda, 2 weeks at Squam Lake in NH, and then up through Canada to Quebec City for 5 days, cruise to PEI, Nova Scotia, back down through Maine...next summer Europe trip for most of the summer hopefully. I'm not a fan of big boat cruising, so this is a bit of stretch for me this summer.
Enjoy, that place looks beautiful. Sorry we never had the chance to catch up while you were in the MD area. Enjoy, for what sounds like the beginning of a new chapter. How do you like Florida? Personally, I can not stand the heat, I love to be outdoors as much as possible, not a fan of being confined and in the A/C, makes me feel groggy/lazy, which puts Florida in the state of little interest...unless it's off season.

Safe travels, for what sounds like a busy upcoming year.
You may mean "in season", which is October-May. If you're not further south in Florida, very easy going, some air-conditioning but generally need a sweater at night outside at dinner in most of December - March where we are.
June is tolerable, but rain most late afternoons, and somedays very hot. September can be hurricane season and July and August, very hot.

I do like the casual life style, but way, way too much of Florida is same every block, rampant building of 55+ same-same communities...cultural life is sparse, but Palm Beach attracts some, as well as some more adventurous and ethnic cuisine. Politics obviously are more blatantly 'red' but I don't see the Confederate Flag stuff much in our part. That's more of a panhandle thing. And Florida is generally more moderate than some of the other southern states.

We'll miss Baltimore and the Bay a lot, but will get back.

Sorry we never connected for that cold one and hard crabs!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy

Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Nice. This is what you’re doing to make people think and have a conversation. A little introspection would be helpful. Just a stupid and offensive little reel.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 4:10 pm
Nice. This is what you’re doing to make people think and have a conversation. A little introspection would be helpful. Just a stupid and offensive little reel.
Probably posted it right after church.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A sense of humor is a terrible thing to lose….
~Livy

Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:48 pm
Sorry, I have a niece, my sister's younger daughter, who has Downs. She's not a "creepy" person, or a tool to be compared with a politician for a cheap laugh. There are different "senses of humor." I am hardly uniformly tasteful, but the sense of humor I had when I was 10 or 12 is, thankfully, not the one that I have now. Again, the "creepy" guy in Deliverance and my niece and countless others are, as you might put it, all God's children, no? Using them and folks like them as the fulcrum on which you pose a cheap, dirty little joke isn't funny. Better to just make fun of his stutter, right?

Try harder. You're the one who asserts you have standards, and standards guided by the Bible and Christ's life and "deliverance" of all of us through his actions. Maybe climb up with better standards and out of this immature little gutter.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:17 am
Sorry, I have a niece, my sister's younger daughter, who has Downs. She's not a "creepy" person, or a tool to be compared with a politician for a cheap laugh. There are different "senses of humor." I am hardly uniformly tasteful, but the sense of humor I had when I was 10 or 12 is, thankfully, not the one that I have now. Again, the "creepy" guy in Deliverance and my niece and countless others are, as you might put it, all God's children, no? Using them and folks like them as the fulcrum on which you pose a cheap, dirty little joke isn't funny. Better to just make fun of his stutter, right?

Try harder. You're the one who asserts you have standards, and standards guided by the Bible and Christ's life and "deliverance" of all of us through his actions. Maybe climb up with better standards and out of this immature little gutter.
I have so many questions now.
But if you took offense to a meme, I'll pass...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

njbill wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:06 pm Pretty interesting poll results. Not as bad for old Joe as many seem to be making out.

I feel like I know Pennsylvania the best of the swing states. While I live in New Jersey, I am in the Philadelphia media market. I worked in Philadelphia for 25 years. My sister and her family have lived in Pennsylvania for 40 years (kids and spouses in their 30s.)

No way Trump is seven points ahead in Pennsylvania. In fact, I still think Joe will take Pennsylvania.

Now, if I am right that the Pennsylvania poll is wrong, maybe some of the other polls are wrong as well, going one way or another.

Yes, we are getting closer to the election, but I still don’t think the polls at this point are necessarily all that close to what the final results will be in each of the swing states. Lots of twist and turns still left in this election. And who knows what October surprises each side has for the other.

If Joe wins the three blue wall states (and assuming he wins the one Nebraska blue district), he gets exactly to 270.
... I don't believe any of the polls. Lot of voter obfuscation going on, just like 2016.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:14 am

I took offense to a "joke" that used a Downs kid as the fulcrum for the "humor." I know, I must hate the Constitution or something.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 2:58 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:14 am

I took offense to a "joke" that used a Downs kid as the fulcrum for the "humor." I know, I must hate the Constitution or something.
Hmm, I haven't seen the movie in a while. I worked an an adult daycare for a few years and I didn't spot Down's Syndrome in that character when I watched it. Still don't really see it.
Given the context of the movie, for all these years, I thought he was just a unique looking kid, the result of inbreeding.
I guess it's still wrong to point out Biden's similarities?

Return to “POLITICS”