The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: 2024

Post by njbill »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:24 pm
njbill wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:26 am
old salt wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:37 am
njbill wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:52 pm Yup. Flynn in charge of the military. Bannon as Sec’y of State (hey, I did my time; where’s my reward?)

While Trump will have immunity for all the crimes he commits, his underlings will not. But Trump can pardon anyone and everyone who works for him. It will simply be one of the forms you sign on your last day of employment – a blanket pardon from the dotard himself. Signed in illegible sharpie.
How will Flynn be in charge of the military ? What office will he hold ?

Senate confirmation for Bannon or Flynn ? Trump threw them both out of the WH early in his first term.

They are useless to him inside the govt. More useful in MAGA world.
Chairman of the joint chiefs of staff.

If the Republicans win the Senate, they will approve anyone Trump nominates.
Tell us exactly how Flynn would become CJCOS. What would the process be ? Would Congress have to approve his 4rh star ?
Trump makes the appointment. The Senate approves. End of story.

Not sure what you are getting at re the 4th star. I see nothing that requires the individual have four stars.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:43 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:32 am You simply want more money, and don't care how it happens......I want innovation and fair competition in our markets. Big difference.
I want groundbreaking, innovation companies to be allowed to grow & develop without arbitrary & capricious govt interference, which stifles & delays innovation & growth.

If Illumina's acquisition had gone through without delay, the cancer test would have FDA approval by now & would be widely available covered by Medicare, Medicaid & Health Insurers. On their own, Grail is hoping for FDA approval by 2026, at the earliest. Grail would not exist had Illumina not founded it then spun it off.
:lol: How. Tell the forum what the firetruck an acquisition has ANYTHING to do with FDA approval. You still haven't told us how it is you think that works. You're telling us that 1+1= elephant.

And again: if it's THAT important to acquire Grail? Sell of other sectors. You are GASLIGHTING, and want your money. No one is buying it, not matter how many times you try this sales pitch.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Market Share:

“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:54 pm Market Share:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Old Salt was just off camera. Couldn’t get a word in edgewise….he came to Fanlax to prosecute his case. Skadden wanted no part of him….anyone hear that Biden blocked the acquisition?
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Before I forget, Happy 4th of July 2024 to all forum participants and readers.

Sincerely.

That said, as we move towards November, I get a little thing in the back of my head reminiscent of the Independence Day speech:

https://www.americanrhetoric.com/MovieS ... ceday.html
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:06 pm Before I forget, Happy 4th of July 2024 to all forum participants and readers.

Sincerely.

That said, as we move towards November, I get a little thing in the back of my head reminiscent of the Independence Day speech:

https://www.americanrhetoric.com/MovieS ... ceday.html
Also, check out my post in the Today's Holiday section - reposted text of great speech by David McCullough from 2005 on the leadership needed to win the revolution...
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:49 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:32 am You simply want more money, and don't care how it happens......I want innovation and fair competition in our markets. Big difference.
I want groundbreaking, innovation companies to be allowed to grow & develop without arbitrary & capricious govt interference, which stifles & delays innovation & growth.

If Illumina's acquisition had gone through without delay, the cancer test would have FDA approval by now & would be widely available covered by Medicare, Medicaid & Health Insurers. On their own, Grail is hoping for FDA approval by 2026, at the earliest. Grail would not exist had Illumina not founded it then spun it off.
:lol: How. Tell the forum what the firetruck an acquisition has ANYTHING to do with FDA approval. You still haven't told us how it is you think that works. You're telling us that 1+1= elephant.

And again: if it's THAT important to acquire Grail? Sell of other sectors. You are GASLIGHTING, and want your money. No one is buying it, not matter how many times you try this sales pitch.
3 year delay due to litigation
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:01 pm

You couldn't understand 80% market share without a redundant multi-color graph.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:17 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:01 pm

You couldn't understand 80% market share without a redundant multi-color graph.
A picture is worth 1,000 words. Skadden got it all wrong….they should be whining too.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:17 pm You couldn't understand 80% market share without a redundant multi-color graph.
So...back to insults?

You know, I'm getting real tired of this one-sided effort to be kind. Where you're just petty and mean for the sake of being petty and mean.

Here's how a rational person acts: "yes, I understand that they have 80% marketshare. And I understand why the FTC would want to keep them from moving even closer to 100% marketshare. But I still disagree with their choice to block the acquisition".

Try that. You'll get a different reaction. You know perfectly well that a 80% marketshare is absurd, and an enormous red flag for an organization who's entire reason for existence is to prevent monopolies in America. What do you do, instead? Gaslight the forum, and tell us the FTC is off the rails....instead of "I get why they did that, I just disagree, and here's why...."

Be a partisan all you want. But this constant gaslighting is pulling you into PeteLand.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:15 pm

Yeah, that's not an answer. Sorry. Try again. If you believe this stuff, it should be EASY to make your case. A paragraph at best.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:04 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:17 pm You couldn't understand 80% market share without a redundant multi-color graph.
So...back to insults?

You know, I'm getting real tired of this one-sided effort to be kind. Where you're just petty and mean for the sake of being petty and mean.

Here's how a rational person acts: "yes, I understand that they have 80% marketshare. And I understand why the FTC would want to keep them from moving even closer to 100% marketshare. But I still disagree with their choice to block the acquisition".

Try that. You'll get a different reaction. You know perfectly well that a 80% marketshare is absurd, and an enormous red flag for an organization who's entire reason for existence is to prevent monopolies in America. What do you do, instead? Gaslight the forum, and tell us the FTC is off the rails....instead of "I get why they did that, I just disagree, and here's why...."

Be a partisan all you want. But this constant gaslighting is pulling you into PeteLand.
The piece from Skadden was an adult assessment of the situation. None of the law professionals said the FTC is off the rails and Joe Biden ordered the blocking of the acquisition. Nobody told Illumina to get ahead of the regulators and close the deal before all the “i’s” were dotted and “t’s” crossed.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:05 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:15 pm

Yeah, that's not an answer. Sorry. Try again. If you believe this stuff, it should be EASY to make your case. A paragraph at best.
Litigation has nothing to do with FDA approval process...unless the litigation was about the safety and efficacy of a drug under review it wouldn't remotely matter to the FDA who was going to end up owning the drug.

Likewise, only an idiot would stall from the corporate side of a pending FDA approval. That would hurt valuation and any other metric shareholders care about and reward CEO's for accomplishing. Not a chance.

You're right, a fan, Salty's gaslighting here again.

Question is, why?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:17 pm

Old Salt was just off camera. Couldn’t get a word in edgewise….he came to Fanlax to prosecute his case. Skadden wanted no part of him….anyone hear that Biden blocked the acquisition?
a merger challenge unlike any other she had seen in her career -- I'll say. That's my point.

her takeaway -- "...this just adds to the uncertainties that US companies face."

Illumina founded Grail, maintained a controlling interest, brought in outside capital to develop the new product, then attempted to reacquire it's foundling in a mutually beneficial merger. No exactly predatory behavior.

Our FTC demurred & deferred to the EU, which had no jurisdiction over Illumina or Grail

Pay attention to what Mr Sheerin explained about Illumina-Grail's open offer to any competitors.

Khan's FTC resurrected the 1962 "brown shoe" test for vertical mergers -- a little squishy ? a little subjective ? 'ya think ?
Oh Yeah ! Illumina should have seen that one coming. :roll:

the traditional standards we've seen over the past 40 years for judging vertical mergers may be changing.

no actual competitors exist, but that does not matter, they might someday. :roll: ...making the acquisition "presumptively unlawful".

The EC's jurisdiction limits were not met, but the rapacious, meddling EUroburghers will invent a way around that.

Before 2021, the EC discouraged (& ignored) referrals from member states. The EC broadened this after this case had started.
..." & that was a major policy reversal for the Commission". "3 firsts, novel & new for the EC". "...greater uncertainty on the EU side, as well"..."all a little less predictable" ...it has changed materially how the merger-acquisition filing is done ", vertical deals are now & will be more difficult going forward.

All 3 panelists reinforced my points, &, on balance, seemed sympathetic to Illumina's position.

I wonder who Trump's prospective FTC chairperson is ? Elections certainly do have consequences.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:31 pm

a merger challenge unlike any other she had seen in her career -- I'll say. That's my point.

her takeaway -- "...this just adds to the uncertainties that US companies face."

Illumina founded Grail, maintained a controlling interest, brought in outside capital to develop the new product, then attempted to reacquire it's foundling in a mutually beneficial merger. No exactly predatory behavior.

Our FTC demurred & deferred to the EU, which had no jurisdiction over Illumina or Grail

Pay attention to what Mr Sheerin explained about Illumina-Grail's open offer to any competitors.

Khan's FTC resurrected the 1962 "brown shoe" test for vertical mergers -- a little squishy ? a little subjective ? 'ya think ?

the traditional standards we've seen over the past 40 years for judging vertical mergers may be changing.

no actual competitors exist, but that does not matter, they might someday. :roll: ...making the acquisition "presumptively unlawful".

The EC's jurisdiction limits were not met, but the rapacious, meddling EUroburghers will invent a way around that.

Before 2021, the EC discouraged (& ignored) referrals from member states. The EC broadened this after this case had started.
..." & that was a major policy reversal for the Commission". "3 firsts, novel & new for the EC". "...greater uncertainty on the EU side, as well"..."all a little less predictable" ...it has changed materially how the merger-acquisition filing is done ", vertical deals are now & will be more difficult going forward.

All 3 panelists reinforced my points, &, on balance, seemed sympathetic to Illumina's position.

I wonder who Trump's prospective FTC chairperson is ? Elections certainly do have consequences.
None of them said the EC had it all wrong. Nobody said the FTC had it all wrong. Now you are concerned with “something someone had never seen before”….and have sat on your hands and shut your mouth with 8 years of Trump. This is why you have no credibility……so stop whining
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

That's easy. Whoever donates the most and gets to his boot to lick it fastest.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:41 pm

None of them said the EC had it all wrong. Nobody said the FTC had it all wrong. Now you are concerned with “something someone had never seen before”….and have sat on your hands and shut your mouth with 8 years of Trump. This is why you have no credibility.
I did not say that they said the EC had it all wrong. They pointed out the inconsistencies with preceding merger cases & warned of the uncertainties this will pose for future mergers. ...which I maintain we will see if Biden/Khan get another term.

This was a monumental case. My stock portfolio was just one of many that got squished. Even Ichan did not see it coming.
He did not bail when the FTC first reversed itself.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:48 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:41 pm

None of them said the EC had it all wrong. Nobody said the FTC had it all wrong. Now you are concerned with “something someone had never seen before”….and have sat on your hands and shut your mouth with 8 years of Trump. This is why you have no credibility.
I did not say that they said the EC had it all wrong. They pointed out the inconsistencies with preceding merger cases & warned of the uncertainties this will pose for future mergers. ...which I maintain we will see if Biden/Khan get another term.

This was a monumental case. My stock portfolio was just one many that got squished. Even Ichan did not see it coming.
He did not bail when the FTC first reversed itself.
Judges felt the complaints were valid and the rationale was on solid legal footing. Just one of many novel cases the courts resolve over time. Illumina didn’t help themselves but closing a deal without all approvals. That’s why Icahn sued the company…..you could have taken some profit and reinvested in Illumina but YOU chose not to. Take some personal responsibility and stop with the grievances.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”