Northwestern

Madison Smith | M
Northwestern

Madison Taylor | M
Northwestern
laxfan9999

Re: USA U-20 National Team Roster

Post by laxfan9999 »

Some interesting picks. Also some position changes with only two listed as true defenders. It doesn't really matter who is on the team as they will win easily anyways but surprised Rudolph made it over Rassas but it gives KAH more time to work with Rudolph now listed as an attack. We know Northwestern needs some attack to step up next year. Madison Taylor listed as midfielder. I am guessing they might play 9 midfielders at the same time some and just run teams into the ground. Was Chloe Humphrey at the last training? She didn't make it but wasn't sure if she was cleared.
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

laxfan9999 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:05 pm Some interesting picks. Also some position changes with only two listed as true defenders. It doesn't really matter who is on the team as they will win easily anyways but surprised Rudolph made it over Rassas but it gives KAH more time to work with Rudolph now listed as an attack. We know Northwestern needs some attack to step up next year. Madison Taylor listed as midfielder. I am guessing they might play 9 midfielders at the same time some and just run teams into the ground. Was Chloe Humphrey at the last training? She didn't make it but wasn't sure if she was cleared.
UNC’s instagram page posted about how Grace Ann Leonard and Chloe Humphrey were both under consideration but wouldn’t be at the camp so I’m guessing they weren't cleared.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Team coached by the NU head coach and featuring five NU players out of a total of 22.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Interesting that there are no underclassmen. Obviously the pain of 2015 is still keenly felt. I certainly agree with US lacrosse’s decision to change their eligibility rules.

Good luck to the team. Will look forward to the (hopefully) daily reports from a certain poster on here whose daughter made the team and, who I suspect, will be going to Hong Kong. ;) Congratulations to her!
LaxNJ71

Post by LaxNJ71 »

njbill wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:50 pm Interesting that there are no underclassmen. Obviously the pain of 2015 is still keenly felt. I certainly agree with US lacrosse’s decision to change their eligibility rules.

Good luck to the team. Will look forward to the (hopefully) daily reports from a certain poster on here whose daughter made the team and, who I suspect, will be going to Hong Kong. ;) Congratulations to her!
What does underclassman mean in this context? Lydia Colasante, Aliya Polisky, Madison Smith, Noel Cumberland, Madison Alamo, Caitlin Barrett just finished their freshman year. Hannah Rudolph and Kate Levy just graduated HS.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I was referring to high school underclassmen. Sorry, I should have been clearer about that.

The 2019 team and teams prior to that had high school underclassmen on the team, that is, girls who were rising high school seniors (or even rising juniors (e.g., Andie Aldave (2015 team))). CW and BS were rising high school seniors who were on the 2019 team.

Everybody on the 2024 team has graduated from high school.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:42 pm I was referring to high school underclassmen. Sorry, I should have been clearer about that.

The 2019 team and teams prior to that had high school underclassmen on the team, that is, girls who were rising high school seniors (or even rising juniors (e.g., Andie Aldave (2015 team))). CW and BS were rising high school seniors who were on the 2019 team.

Everybody on the 2024 team has graduated from high school.
fil changed the rules to u20 for both women and men. used to be primarily high school players. i'm sure the usa wasn't a dissenting vote, but it was a "worldwide" decision for both.
njbill

Post by njbill »

What I heard was that the international body changed from U19 to U20 because they had moved the tournament back one year due to Covid. Why they had to move it from 2023 to 2024, I don’t know. It might be because the women’s World Cup got moved back a year (from 2021 to 2022) so they moved the youth event back as well. I think I remember seeing something to that effect. I also remember hearing something to the effect that they didn’t want to screw over the one year of girls who would miss the event due to their aging out.

The age cutoff for the U19 tournament per the international rules, to my knowledge, has always allowed the US to use college freshman and sophomores if they met the age deadline. But US lacrosse had decided only to use high school students, that is, girls either in high school or those who had just graduated in the year the tournament was held.

In 2015, however, Canada, using college players, beat the US. Selena Lasota was one of the big stars for Canada. She had played a year in college at Northwestern. I think there were a couple of other Canadians who had also played at least a year in college who were big contributors on the team.

After that debacle, US lacrosse changed their rules so that starting with the 2019 team, any person who met the international age requirements could play on the team. That’s how Izzy Scane and Maddie Jenner (and one or two others whose names escape me at the moment) were able to be on the team even though they had played one year in college.

* The above is only about girls/women. Know nothing about boys/men.
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

The other teams were also u-19 and due to Covid this is u-20 so they do have a couple similar to previous years.
NutmegCrunch

Post by NutmegCrunch »

I was thinking Brigid Duffy wouldn't be on the final roster because she couldn't go to the training camp last month due to military committments. Saw Army play several times this spring and she was very impressive. It's the rare student-athlete who can handle playing two D1 sports and the demands of a service academy.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Didn’t realize she played two sports at Army. Wow, that is really impressive. There certainly have been a good number of players who have played other sports in college, including at high-level schools like North Carolina, but I can’t think of someone who did it at one of the service academies. Bravo!
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

njbill wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:50 pm
Thanks, bill! I will spare everyone the Taipei scout, but once the film is developed you have to sit through the whole Kodak carousel...
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

Very impressive. Levy was planning on playing soccer if she didn’t make the team, because she would be able to play in preseason. Wonder how that could affect Duffy’s soccer season knowing it is in preseason.
lacrossemwj

Post by lacrossemwj »

Duffy has no off or slow button. If anything, having tihs right before soccer will help her soccer season.
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

Team USA webstore:
https://lacrossewear.chipply.com/usalacrosse/

I’m sensitive to the optics here, so everyone should know that I have nothing to gain financially from this store. Simply an opportunity for anyone interested. The intent is for family and supporters to have the gear delivered in time to rep USA colors at/for the tournament in August.

As such, store closes in a few days-- JULY 10

I am attaching the u20 roster for those who may want to customize with name and number.
Have a great weekend!

U20 Roster.jpg
U20 Roster.jpg (30.97 KiB) Viewed 3432 times
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

From World Lacrosse:
“Get ready to live the best international lacrosse moments
WL TV will showcase video from around the global lacrosse community. Get exclusive access to the top international events, live and on-demand!
Enjoy WL TV starting August 10, 2024”

WL TV is now available in 3 subscription packages: Tournament; Bronze Medal game; Gold Medal game. All we can do is be optimistic that the games will be brought to us in 8k by the greatest minds and personalities in all of sports. Anything less, just try to enjoy some live international lax anyway.
This media page, once you close the TikTok popup, has links to subscribe to WL TV and all the other platforms on which World Lacrosse content/games will be available.

https://linktr.ee/worldlacrossesport?lt ... #385183602

I have confirmation that training camp at Stanford was successful and that the squad has touched down safely in Hong Kong.

U-S-A!
WLaxdad

Post by WLaxdad »

Hong Kong is my favorite city, awesome opportunity. If anyone is going I suggest taking the tram up to Victoria's peak, awesome experience :D .
Mass transit is amazing so everything is easy to get to. The ferry's across the harbor are fun too and dump you right at the bus station.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

This team will Dominate regardless but some head scratchers for sure..Not exactly the strongest roster possible. I'm fine with picks of underrated players who have done well at the collegiate level. Some of these players have done close to nothing of note in college. why are they on the team?
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

Way too many Northwestern players. Doesn’t really matter who they pick as they won’t have a game within ten goals. Canada will finish second with very few girls that would have made the first camp let alone the team.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”