~46~ Lame Duck Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: ~46~ Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

Post by ggait »

There’s time.

Here in Colorado, ballot print deadline is October 4 for example.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Only partially on point to this discussion, but I had a case about 15 years ago in New Jersey in which I was trying to keep a referendum question off the ballot. In the litigation, the attorney for the County Clerk, who was a friend of mine, told me we needed to get the case resolved by a certain date, which was her drop dead date for printing ballots. As I recall, the date was late September or early October. This was just a county – wide ballot. I’m sure there are practical deadlines for statewide ballots in all states.

If the Dems replace Joe, it will be before or at the August convention I would think. Should allow enough time for the printing of ballots.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Logistically, yes, the printing of ballots is critical.

But I was also referring to Ohio (and Wisc?) election law requiring political parties to certify the presidential ticket by ~Aug. 7. That's a bit before the DN Convention.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I know you were. What I’m saying is that I’m sure there is a workaround to those laws if there were to be a change at the top of the ticket in one of the two major parties.

And the Ohio law would only impact Trump. Obviously, the Dem is not going to win Ohio. Wisconsin, of course, is another matter.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A little levity... :lol: Actually a bit creepy.

https://x.com/PapiTrumpo/status/1808203401848607109
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

njbill wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:19 pm I know you were. What I’m saying is that I’m sure there is a workaround to those laws if there were to be a change at the top of the ticket in one of the two major parties.

And the Ohio law would only impact Trump. Obviously, the Dem is not going to win Ohio. Wisconsin, of course, is another matter.
Gotcha. I didn't realize Trump was leading Ohio. Thought it would be closer to a tossup.
njbill

Post by njbill »

One map I looked at has Ohio as “likely” red. I’m assuming he will win Ohio.

Something that hasn’t gotten much talk, at least that I have seen, is the shift in electrical college votes for this election due to the changes in the House districts following the 2020 census. California, Pennsylvania, and Michigan all lose one electoral vote. Texas gains one vote. Not sure about the other movements, but the net is in favor of the Republicans.

So for the Democrat to win, they would have to carry Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin, plus that one district in Nebraska that usually goes blue. That would give the Democrat 270. Thus, there would be no margin for error. The one map I looked at has that Nebraska district as a tossup right now (along with those three states plus the other usual toss up states).
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:34 pm
njbill wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:19 pm I know you were. What I’m saying is that I’m sure there is a workaround to those laws if there were to be a change at the top of the ticket in one of the two major parties.

Gotcha. I didn't realize Trump was leading Ohio. Thought it would be closer to a tossup.
It would require a minor miracle for Ohio to go blue. Very red state over last decade.
That said, not impossible as it went blue twice for Obama. But was red for Bush and Trump.

But there are several much more probable states that could flip blue this or next cycle, if any do.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

More than half of Americans surveyed said President Biden is “not fit” to serve another term in the Oval Office, according to a poll released Tuesday amid the fallout from his lackluster debate performance last week.

Sixty percent of Americans polled in the latest YahooNews/YouGov survey said Biden is not fit to serve another term as president, while just 24 percent said he is fit and 16 percent said they are not sure.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... ther-term/
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Full, unedited interview with Joe Biden:

Tough to watch.

NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:05 pm Full, unedited interview with Joe Biden:

Tough to watch.
Wish you were as passionate against Trump 9 years ago. Then we wouldn't have Biden as the milquetoast alternative to terrible.

We're not just electing a president, but rather an entire cabinet and appointees as well.

Trumps unedited interviews from 4+ years ago make Biden today seem like a 50 year old genius.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:05 pm Full, unedited interview with Joe Biden:

Tough to watch.
Indeed. A man in full blown denial carrying on with what may well come to be known as The Grand Charade.

"I'm the guy that put NATO together..." "I'm the guy that shut Putin down."

Okay if you say so. Time for your nap now, Mr. President.
a fan

Post by a fan »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:22 pm

Tough to watch.
Wish you were as passionate against Trump 9 years ago. Then we wouldn't have Biden as the milquetoast alternative to terrible.

We're not just electing a president, but rather an entire cabinet and appointees as well.

Trumps unedited interviews from 4+ years ago make Biden today seem like a 50 year old genius.
Kram hasn't made one, single, solitary post criticizing Trump's nonsense speeches. Not one.

Kram....you're better than this.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Tough to watch.

Aah, you buying the left's new, "do we even need a president?" movement?

You call Biden a milquetoast option. I'd argue that Biden's cast of unqualified, virtue-signal hires on his cabinet and staff are even more incompetent than Trump's. And that's saying something.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:23 pm

Tough to watch.

Kram hasn't made one, single, solitary post criticizing Trump's nonsense speeches. Not one.

Kram....you're better than this.
Afan, I am well aware of Trump's faults. They get pointed out here all the time. Do I need to add to the (literally) 20k post Orange Duce thread?

Why do you only seem capable of defending Biden?

I don't hear you calling for your lefty compatriots to tone it down on that thread. Hmm...
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:58 pm Afan, I am well aware of Trump's faults. They get pointed out here all the time. Do I need to add to the (literally) 20k post Orange Duce thread?
And I'm supposed to know you're aware of Trump's faults....how, exactly? You never once criticized him, and it's been 8 years.

You know that, right? Not an ill word to Trump.

And if you know that Trump makes no sense during speeches, either....why do you care that BIden doesn't, if you're not going to do the obvious thing, and ALSO bring up the nonsense Trump has been saying just this year alone?

If you have time to hit Biden for his age in over a dozen posts, surely you can manage just one hitting Trump for the same rambling nonsense. Trump's 78....he'll be older than Biden is now during his Presidency. You know that, right? So.....where's your posts about that?

Happy to give you a tip of the hat, big time, for leaving the Republican party. But this action isn't nearly as powerful if you just give your party leader a pass for the very thing you hit the opposition for........
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:58 pm Why do you only seem capable of defending Biden?
In what world is asking you ".....so where are your posts hitting Trump for making zero sense in his speeches"....defending Biden.
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:58 pm I don't hear you calling for your lefty compatriots to tone it down on that thread. Hmm...
That's because A. they're not lefty compatriots, and you know it. You're a smart enough man to know that there's an American center. You claim you're not a Republican anymore, but you still sound like one: you know that someone can be to the left of Kramerica, and STILL be on the right, correct?

And B. Unlike you with Trump, they didn't give Biden a pass. Have a look....you'll see LONG before the Debate that they were ALL complaining about how freaking old Biden is, and how stupid it is he's the Dem nominee.

We have complained about Biden's advance age MANY MANY times here. Long before his debate, Kram. Not my fault you didn't see them.

That's how it works, my man...evenhanded. They both suck, and are too freaking old....not at all hard to say that.
NattyBohChamps04

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:50 pm

Tough to watch.

Aah, you buying the left's new, "do we even need a president?" movement?

You call Biden a milquetoast option. I'd argue that Biden's cast of unqualified, virtue-signal hires on his cabinet and staff are even more incompetent than Trump's. And that's saying something.
What am I buying? I saw four years of terrible and/or unqualified appointments like Devos, Ivanka, Nunes, Flynn, Bannon, Miller, Zinke, Pompeo, Barr, etc.

Plus the Supreme Court nominations that are gonna last for decades.

So if I'm buying that we're electing an entire cabinet, political appointees, potential supreme court justices along with the president? Then hell yes I'm guilty. And Biden hasn't been a terrible president either. He's been decent.

This is nothing new. Voters saw Trump's Supreme Court appointees, which helped Biden win 2020.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:23 pm

It would require a minor miracle for Ohio to go blue. Very red state over last decade.
That said, not impossible as it went blue twice for Obama. But was red for Bush and Trump.

But there are several much more probable states that could flip blue this or next cycle, if any do.
Ohio passed a fairly liberal abortion law, but the dems shot their bullet, could have made Trump vulnerable in Ohio.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
NattyBohChamps04

get it to x wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:43 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:23 pm

Ohio passed a fairly liberal abortion law, but the dems shot their bullet, could have made Trump vulnerable in Ohio.
Trump supported a national abortion ban as recent as a couple of Months ago. https://apnews.com/article/trump-aborti ... f327bd0566

It's still a national issue, and Ohio can advertise this. Their law will mean jack if there is a national one overriding it.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Tbh, if you care about abortion then pay attention to your state’s governor, supreme court, constitution, attorney general and legislature races.

The Feds will have only marginal actual influence on abortion policy.

Sleepy Joe ain’t bringing back RvW. And Cheetoh ain’t passing a national abortion law.

Suburban women in PA are not much at risk if Trump wins. Women in GA are still screwed if Biden wins. The ship sailed — it is a local issue now for at least 20-30 years.

You have Comey, Hillary and RBG to thank for that.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.

Return to “POLITICS”