Coaching Carousel 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
sguy9

Re: Coaching Carousel 2024

Post by sguy9 »

Didn’t see your post and basically said the same thing. Brilliant minds…
I've been call many things, brilliant aint one of them.. :D

But, I do agree. This is a really good fit, no idea how much he loves the north though.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:26 pm
BigTom5 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:21 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:57 am
BigTom5 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:48 am
HopFan16 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:50 am
sguy9 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:46 am
A decent amount of Hopkins fans would be willing to drive Crawley down to High Point, so the AD could save some money on relocation costs if he goes that route.
Ha! But seriously, how can this be true? He was a great player there, and the team showed ridiculous improvement this year. Is Crowley the reason? Or would they really be better off without him?
"A decent amount of Hopkins fans" = two guys on an anonymous lacrosse forum. It's not a popular opinion.

Crawley isn't going to High Point
A quick scroll through the Johns Hopkins thread shows plenty of Hop centric posters expressing this sentiment. Might not be the majority’s opinion but a healthy bunch.
Since you've done the research already, who specifically was saying they need to get rid of him, besides the two resident failsons?
Norcalhop, HopDonk, and your boy jhu06 voice it the loudest, but a lot more than that are clearly unhappy with the “tulip” offense.
06 and Doc are the two I was referring to. Norcal did not call to fire Crawley. "HopDonk" is a troll who joined the forum immediately after the quarterfinals, posted three times, and hasn't been seen since. Who knows if he's actually a real fan or not.

Are the "healthy bunch" of Hopkins fans who want to personally drive Crawley to another job in the room with us?
I have never called for Crawley’s dismissal. Have never called for PM’s dismissal either.

Crawley is a fine young coach, but he is still developing in that role. PM is a very good coach.

Tulip Ball is a legitimate thing to critique, but that doesn’t mean the coaches should go. Hardly the case.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
steel_hop

Post by steel_hop »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:39 am
A decent amount of Hopkins fans would be willing to drive Crawley down to High Point, so the AD could save some money on relocation costs if he goes that route.
Ha! But seriously, how can this be true? He was a great player there, and the team showed ridiculous improvement this year. Is Crowley the reason? Or would they really be better off without him?
"A decent amount of Hopkins fans" = two guys on an anonymous lacrosse forum. It's not a popular opinion.

A quick scroll through the Johns Hopkins thread shows plenty of Hop centric posters expressing this sentiment. Might not be the majority’s opinion but a healthy bunch.
Since you've done the research already, who specifically was saying they need to get rid of him, besides the two resident failsons?
Norcalhop, HopDonk, and your boy jhu06 voice it the loudest, but a lot more than that are clearly unhappy with the “tulip” offense.
06 and Doc are the two I was referring to. Norcal did not call to fire Crawley. "HopDonk" is a troll who joined the forum immediately after the quarterfinals, posted three times, and hasn't been seen since. Who knows if he's actually a real fan or not.

Are the "healthy bunch" of Hopkins fans who want to personally drive Crawley to another job in the room with us?
I have never called for Crawley’s dismissal. Have never called for PM’s dismissal either.

Crawley is a fine young coach, but he is still developing in that role. PM is a very good coach.

Tulip Ball is a legitimate thing to critique, but that doesn’t mean the coaches should go. Hardly the case.

DocBarrister
Wasn't me either. I wanted them to push more on the pace of play because the offense was struggling and it made sense to try to get a cheap goal or two if they could. They also desperately tried to get a freshman to step up (most of the offensive players tailed off the 2nd half of the season) and it just didn't happen. It it what it is.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

steel_hop wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:16 am
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:39 am

DocBarrister
Wasn't me either. I wanted them to push more on the pace of play because the offense was struggling and it made sense to try to get a cheap goal or two if they could. They also desperately tried to get a freshman to step up (most of the offensive players tailed off the 2nd half of the season) and it just didn't happen. It it what it is.
Maybe it was docs comment here --> more than likely a frustrating comment in the qf's: viewtopic.php?p=554172&hilit=milliman#p554172
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

May have been wrong about Crawley. Sounds like he is in the mix for High Point along with several others.
stevemc

Post by stevemc »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:27 pm May have been wrong about Crawley. Sounds like he is in the mix for High Point along with several others.
Please expand if you can. Other names you've heard floated?
BigTom5

Post by BigTom5 »

stevemc wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:26 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:27 pm May have been wrong about Crawley. Sounds like he is in the mix for High Point along with several others.
Fiefs, Bernhardt, and Richards
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

2024 USILA Player of the Year and former @TerpsMLax defenseman Ajax Zappitello is joining the @DartmouthMLax staff as the third assistant, according to multiple sources.
Hopper, his younger brother, is currently a rising junior for the Big Green.

https://x.com/tyxanders/status/18009791 ... EO2hFStaxg
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

BigTom5 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:32 pm
Paul Richards would be a home run for HPU.
Dabears421

Post by Dabears421 »

getitdone wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:53 pm No way is Crawley the problem. Bar set way too low. Need to look higher. Some HC's have trouble delegating. PM is one of them.
I honestly don’t think i’ve seen a coach delegate more than Millman. Just stands on the outside of huddles and looks around
Slim

Post by Slim »

Didn't Richards get the Marquette job?
laxreference

Post by laxreference »

Slim wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:50 am Didn't Richards get the Marquette job?
That was Jake Richard. Paul Richards is a Richmond assistant. I had the same thought at first though.
Data Engineer/Lacrosse Fan --- Twitter: @laxreference --- Informed fans get Expected Goals, the new daily newsletter from LacrosseReference
stevemc

Post by stevemc »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:36 pm
BigTom5 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:32 pm
Paul Richards would be a home run for HPU.
I agree. I'm encouraged by all the names but what Richards has done at Richmond seems most translatable to HPU.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

sguy9 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:25 am
Didn’t see your post and basically said the same thing. Brilliant minds…
I've been call many things, brilliant aint one of them.. :D

But, I do agree. This is a really good fit, no idea how much he loves the north though.
Do you drink much or did you in college? Maybe that's the connection!

VT is tiny, eveyone is up in your s**t. Pretty if you can handle the winters, bucolic. But small.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
JerrysWorld

Post by JerrysWorld »

Looks like Twitter is reporting Crawley is going to take High Point. I have never understood the hype here. Wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t hurt Hopkins all that much. I am sure they’ll have some good candidates.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Wow Unterstein from UNC to Duke
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

HopFan16 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:13 pm Wow Unterstein from UNC to Duke
Is it? Didn’t he get demoted when Preto came on board at UNC.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

AreaLax wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:47 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:13 pm Wow Unterstein from UNC to Duke
Is it? Didn’t he get demoted when Preto came on board at UNC.
He did.

Hearing this decision, was less of a decision by Unterstein. Sounds like it was more of a "you should go..." type of conversation.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”