The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2024

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:07 pm
Kismet wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:31 am
old salt wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:28 am An unprecedented jihad by Biden's DEI star FTC Chair reduced my portfolio value by 7 figures.
Maybe your problem is with those in charge of your portfolio. ;)
Mine has been going up for quite some time now. Last two years of Orange Fatso it tanked.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No problem laughing boy. It's still a great investment. I bought in early @ 5$/sh.
My holding peaked at a $516/sh, when Illumina reacquired Grail & is now at a $106/sh, 1 day after the spinoff..
For every 6 sh of Illumina held, we shareholders also received 1 sh of Grail in the spinoff.
Now that a great groundbreaking company has been gutted by Madame Khan, both stocks are going back up.
It will be interesting to see if a different big fish acquires Grail, & which politicians they donated to. Bidenomics.
Then stop whining.
“I wish you would!”
LaxFan2311

Post by LaxFan2311 »

a fan wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:50 pm
LaxFan2311 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:33 am
a fan wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:21 am
LaxFan2311 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:18 am
a fan wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:16 am
LaxFan2311 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:09 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:03 am
LaxFan2311 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:58 am
old salt wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:28 am An unprecedented jihad by Biden's DEI star FTC Chair reduced my portfolio value by 7 figures.
Mine has been going up for quite some time now. Last two years of Orange Fatso it tanked.
That’s because the Democrats, Deep State and China along with Fauci created COVID to ruin his chances at re-election. Democrats are so evil and can’t beat Trump fairly, they helped create a worldwide pandemic all to get Trump out of office.
This one is suitable for framing in the asylum. Jim Jones anyone?
Did you type this with your mask on while getting your 12 booster shot? The Democrats shut down the world and killed millions of people all because of Orange man bad. Fauci should be hanged for war crimes against humanity.
You don't get it, Pete. Fauci just wanted to kill you and your family. The rest of us were a distraction to hide that he hates Petey.

What happened to you bragging about how Florida was open for all of Covid? Now here you are, telling us that Trump shut the whole world down?

Trump's gonna take you off his Xmas card list if you keep lying about him, Petey.
Your obsession with this person is stalkerish. Did Biden rape you in the shower as well? Is that why you’re so scared of the facts I post?
Obsession? I LOVE your posts and want more facts from you. They're brilliant, and we want more. That's not obsession...I just recognize how smart you are.

Whatcha got, Pete? Lets hear some more facts so we can live according to Petey.
This is what peak mental illness looks like. Can’t handle facts so you resort to name calling. Trump Derangement Syndrome is real. Typical Demokkkrat.
What are you talking about? I want MORE facts from Pete. We're all at the edge of our seats, waiting for more brilliant Petey post.

So what's new in Petey-Land in summer of 2023? Dems are bad? Dems will murder your puppies if you give them a chance? Dems turn your kids into vampires?

What's the scoop, Pete?!
Democrat soft on crime and open border policies have directly led to the massacre of many innocent Americans. Why don’t you put your money where your mouth is and open your home to Democrat supported criminals and illegals? The funny thing is all you Democrats on here definitely live in safe, white neighborhoods. Go move to the inner city ghettos Democrat policies have created. But you won’t because you know they aren’t safe. Yet you gaslight on here to score woke points with the other anti American clowns on here.
The right loves the country but hates the government.

The left hates the country but loves the government.

Understanding this will explain it all.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:13 am
old salt wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:28 am
a fan wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:49 am
old salt wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:12 am
a fan wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:30 pm I can't think of a poster here who isn't going to get a fat tax cut from Trump when he arrives
That will be my first Trump tax cut. I agree with the SALT limit on deductions (in principle).
It drove me to the standard deduction, which increased my taxes owed.
...guess I should have bought an overpriced impractical EV, just to get a $7500 tax credit.
No, you got his tax cut....how's your stock portfolio? Fat, right? Mine, too.

That's what happens when Trump cuts corporate taxes...you forgetting about those?

Pity that TrumpNation doesn't own stocks, and that the top 10% earners like you and me hold 93% of all US stocks. Oh well, right?
Portfolio slimmed down significantly, thanks to Biden.
An unprecedented jihad by Biden's DEI star FTC Chair reduced my portfolio value by 7 figures.
...& in the process delayed (likely by years) bringing a life saving cancer technology to marke
:lol: Right. Everything bad in the world is the Dems fault.

Everything good in the world is the Republican's doing.

More trolling. Your bored, we get it. You're going to actually discuss ideas at some point on the forum, right? Don't you get tired of this stuff?
Madame Khan was a Dem appointee. She made a big impression on both the WSJ Editors & the House Judiciary Comm.
Bidenomics Equity hire..

https://judiciary.house.gov/media/press ... ources-and
Last edited by old salt on Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Of course, then there is Trump, Pete, who said on Howard Stern that he wanted to date his own daughter. “Date,” in Trump speak, means f*ck. There are multiple pictures of him fondling his 10-15 year-old daughter. Lord knows what he did when the camera wasn’t there.

Then there is the escalator incident in which he said he wanted to “date,” i.e., f*ck, a 10-year-old girl when she was a “few” (Trump’s word) years older. Like when she was 14, I guess.

Then there is the 15-year-old girl who filed suit in federal court against Trump alleging in a statement under oath that he raped her at Jeffrey Epstein‘s Manhattan mansion. Trump paid her multiple millions of dollars to dismiss the case, I’m sure. Epstein had cameras in all the rooms in the house so there was a tape of this incident no doubt. Coincidental that Epstein “committed suicide” under Trump‘s watch? Hmm.

And then Trump has admitted he bought a teenage beauty pageant so that he could walk around backstage looking at naked girls, some underage.

And then there is the Access Hollywood tape where he admits that he sexually assaults women (some likely underage) by grabbing them by the genitals.

And that’s just underage girls.

Don’t think FL has the bandwidth for me to list all of the rapes and other sexual assaults he committed against adult women.

But, hey, he’s your guy.
LaxFan2311

Post by LaxFan2311 »

njbill wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:14 pm Of course, then there is Trump, Pete, who said on Howard Stern that he wanted to date his own daughter. “Date,” in Trump speak, means f*ck. There are multiple pictures of him fondling his 10-15 year-old daughter. Lord knows what he did when the camera wasn’t there.

Then there is the escalator incident in which he said he wanted to “date,” i.e., f*ck, a 10-year-old girl when she was a “few” (Trump’s word) years older. Like when she was 14, I guess.

Then there is the 15-year-old girl who filed suit in federal court against Trump alleging in a statement under oath that he raped her at Jeffrey Epstein‘s Manhattan mansion. Trump paid her multiple millions of dollars to dismiss the case, I’m sure. Epstein had cameras in all the rooms in the house so there was a tape of this incident no doubt. Coincidental that Epstein “committed suicide” under Trump‘s watch? Hmm.

And then Trump has admitted he bought a teenage beauty pageant so that he could walk around backstage looking at naked girls, some underage.

And then there is the Access Hollywood tape where he admits that he sexually assaults women (some likely underage) by grabbing them by the genitals.

Don’t think FL has the bandwidth for me to list all of the rapes and other sexual assaults he committed against adult women.

But, hey, he’s your guy.
Trump complimented his daughter. Biden actually raped his own daughter and molested countless others with photo and video evidence. The Epstein Island thing has been debunked. As soon as Trump realized who Epstein really was, he banned him from his properties and disowned him. Meanwhile Joe Biden kept on molesting innocent people. You live in New Jersey. One of the heavily taxed states in the country. Epstein didn’t commit suicide. He was killed by the Clinton cabal because Bill Clinton went to Epstein’s island dozens of times. It’s amazing how all you do is lie. Yet simp so hard for Biden who is a known rapist and pedophile. You support incest, rape and pedophilia. You’re such a good little Democrat. Enjoy living in New Jersey which is the armpit in the US and being destroyed by Democrats.

old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:10 pm
No problem laughing boy. It's still a great investment. I bought in early @ 5$/sh.
My holding peaked at a $516/sh, when Illumina reacquired Grail & is now at a $106/sh, 1 day after the spinoff..
For every 6 sh of Illumina held, we shareholders also received 1 sh of Grail in the spinoff.
Now that a great groundbreaking company has been gutted by Madame Khan, both stocks are going back up.
It will be interesting to see if a different big fish acquires Grail, & which politicians they donated to. Bidenomics.
Then stop whining.
Just an example in reply to afans assertion about what Biden had done to fatten up my portfolio. Thanks for nothing, Joe.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:14 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:30 pm I can't think of a poster here who isn't going to get a fat tax cut from Trump when he arrives
That will be my first Trump tax cut. I agree with the SALT limit on deductions (in principle).
...guess I should have bought an overpriced impractical EV, just to get a $7500 tax credit.

That's what happens when Trump cuts corporate taxes...you forgetting about those?

Pity that TrumpNation doesn't own stocks, and that the top 10% earners like you and me hold 93% of all US stocks. Oh well, right?
An unprecedented jihad by Biden's DEI star FTC Chair reduced my portfolio value by 7 figures.
...& in the process delayed (likely by years) bringing a life saving cancer technology to marke

More trolling. Your bored, we get it. You're going to actually discuss ideas at some point on the forum, right? Don't you get tired of this stuff?
Madame Khan was a Dem appointee. She made a big impression on both the WSJ Editors & the House Judiciary Comm.
Bidenomics Equity hire..

Right. This is your game, and you know it.

1. if something bad happens, and you have a Dem you can find to blame for it, you'll do it.

2. if something bad happens, and you can't find a Dem to blame, and you realize that everyone in power is a Republican, you'll chalk it up to market forces. Or not think about it at all.

3. And then you do the exact opposite when something good happens....find a Republican to praise, or tell yourself that the good thing happened IN SPITE of what a Democrat did.

Partisans are conclusions searching for the theory. It's what you do. And again....more power to ya. But don't try and sell this stuff to me....you'll get a response.

Which is why Kismet is laughing.....you're telling us that you lost over a million dollars in the value of your portfolio because of one person in the FTC.

Yep, what she does can affect markets. But so do the last dozen FTC commissioners, for good or ill. Which is why Kismet is laughing...you're acting like you just can't increase your stock values when the whole doggone market went from a near crash in 2020, to record levels.

All under Biden. And instead of giving Biden credit for this (see #3), you're trying to tell us Biden is bad.

It's silly. Why do you waste your time doing this with folks, when we all know you're a perfectly smart guy, who knows this partisan stuff is just....silly.

Be a partisan. Knock yourself out. But you're wasting your time trying to sell partisanship here. No one is buying...except, obviously, fellow partisans.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:21 pm
Then stop whining.
Just an example in reply to afans assertion about what Biden had done to fatten up my portfolio. Thanks for nothing, Joe.
As I mentioned, my portfolio is going gangbusters and has been going up ever since Fatso left office.
Maybe the problem is YOU and those in charge of your portfolio and not Joe Biden and the democrats whom you blame for just about anything and everything while you continually give your hero Orange Fatso a pass. :oops: :oops:

I'm still laughing at you
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:21 pm Just an example in reply to afans assertion about what Biden had done to fatten up my portfolio. Thanks for nothing, Joe.
So you're telling the forum that you and your advisors are so bad at investing, that your portfolio went DOWN from 2020 to 2024?

I don't believe you. Do I REALLY have to point out where the markets were when Biden took office, versus where they are now?

No. I don't. You're trolling, and wasting your own time trying to sell us that Joe cost you money.
njbill

Post by njbill »

LaxFan2311 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:19 pm
njbill wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:14 pm Of course, then there is Trump, Pete, who said on Howard Stern that he wanted to date his own daughter. “Date,” in Trump speak, means f*ck. There are multiple pictures of him fondling his 10-15 year-old daughter. Lord knows what he did when the camera wasn’t there.

But, hey, he’s your guy.
Trump complimented his daughter. Biden actually raped his own daughter and molested countless others with photo and video evidence. The Epstein Island thing has been debunked. As soon as Trump realized who Epstein really was, he banned him from his properties and disowned him. Meanwhile Joe Biden kept on molesting innocent people. You live in New Jersey. One of the heavily taxed states in the country. Epstein didn’t commit suicide. He was killed by the Clinton cabal because Bill Clinton went to Epstein’s island dozens of times. It’s amazing how all you do is lie. Yet simp so hard for Biden who is a known rapist and pedophile. You support incest, rape and pedophilia. You’re such a good little Democrat. Enjoy living in New Jersey which is the armpit in the US and being destroyed by Democrats.
Trump “complimented” his daughter? Well, that sure is an interesting way to spin his saying he wanted to f*ck her.

Ashley Biden has said that some of the diary entries were faked. Don’t know if she meant to include the “shower” entry or not. Regardless, it says nothing about rape as you know.

The hair sniffing is certainly weird, but it’s not molestation. Contrast that with all of the incidents I outlined above of Trump‘s actually raping or molesting underage girls or saying that he wanted to engage in such conduct.

Trump‘s raping of the 15-year-old girl took place in Manhattan, not Epstein Island. Isn’t it curious that Trump had such an interest in asking all the investigators who interviewed Epstein and Maxwell what they had said about him?

Yep, I live in New Jersey where Trump’s “tax cuts” screwed me by imposing the $10,000 limit on the deduction of SALT taxes. Give me the Dems any day of the week.
LaxFan2311

Post by LaxFan2311 »

njbill wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:33 pm

But, hey, he’s your guy.
Trump “complimented” his daughter? Well, that sure is an interesting way to spin his saying he wanted to f*ck her.

Ashley Biden has said that some of the diary entries were faked. Don’t know if she meant to include the “shower” entry or not. Regardless, it says nothing about rape as you know.

The hair sniffing is certainly weird, but it’s not molestation. Contrast that with all of the incidents I outlined above of Trump‘s actually raping or molesting underage girls or saying that he wanted to engage in such conduct.

Trump‘s raping of the 15-year-old girl took place in Manhattan, not Epstein Island. Isn’t it curious that Trump had such an interest in asking all the investigators who interviewed Epstein and Maxwell what they had said about him?

Yep, I live in New Jersey where Trump’s “tax cuts” screwed me by imposing the $10,000 limit on the deduction of SALT taxes. Give me the Dems any day of the week.
Bwahahahahaha! You lost $10K? That’s karma for being an incest, rape and pedophilia lover. Couldn’t have happened to a more deserving person. This made my day. Hope it gets better for you. I know a few bread lines in Newark you can head to to get your handout.

old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:25 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:14 pm

Bidenomics Equity hire..

Right. This is your game, and you know it.

1. if something bad happens, and you have a Dem you can find to blame for it, you'll do it.

2. if something bad happens, and you can't find a Dem to blame, and you realize that everyone in power is a Republican, you'll chalk it up to market forces. Or not think about it at all.

3. And then you do the exact opposite when something good happens....find a Republican to praise, or tell yourself that the good thing happened IN SPITE of what a Democrat did.

Partisans are conclusions searching for the theory. It's what you do. And again....more power to ya. But don't try and sell this stuff to me....you'll get a response.

Which is why Kismet is laughing.....you're telling us that you lost over a million dollars in the value of your portfolio because of one person in the FTC.

Yep, what she does can affect markets. But so do the last dozen FTC commissioners, for good or ill. Which is why Kismet is laughing...you're acting like you just can't increase your stock values when the whole doggone market went from a near crash in 2020, to record levels.

All under Biden. And instead of giving Biden credit for this (see #3), you're trying to tell us Biden is bad.

It's silly. Why do you waste your time doing this with folks, when we all know you're a perfectly smart guy, who knows this partisan stuff is just....silly.

Be a partisan. Knock yourself out. But you're wasting your time trying to sell partisanship here. No one is buying...except, obviously, fellow partisans.
More on Madame Khan's good work on behalf of Trustbuster Joe.
Let's see what you have to say when, out of the blue, she & Joe go after something of value to you.
They arbitrarily nearly destroyed a great bio-tech company which has done an incalculable amount of good.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... t-paradox/
In 2019, she joined the staff of the House antitrust subcommittee to help draft legislation that would overhaul the country’s antitrust laws, potentially forcing some of the largest tech companies to split off parts of their business. But the tech giants mounted a lobbying blitz against the package, and it petered out in Congress.

Meanwhile, President Biden tapped Khan in 2021 to chair the FTC, with an implicit mandate to rein in Big Tech. She jumped right in, refiling a lawsuit that aimed to break up Facebook parent company Meta and suing to block acquisitions by Meta and Microsoft. But judges overruled the FTC’s objections to both mergers, smacking down some of Khan’s legal theories in the process. Elsewhere, an antitrust suit against Apple lodged by Epic Games that drew on similar ideas ended up going mostly Apple’s way.

Now comes the Amazon lawsuit, years in the making — the case Khan was born to make. And the way she’s making it suggests she’s willing to make concessions to the status quo to avoid another defeat.
Last edited by old salt on Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

LaxFan2311 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:39 pm

But, hey, he’s your guy.

Bwahahahahaha! You lost $10K? That’s karma for being an incest, rape and pedophilia lover. Couldn’t have happened to a more deserving person. This made my day. Hope it gets better for you. I know a few bread lines in Newark you can head to to get your handout.
Dude, do you not even understand how the SALT tax deduction cap works? I didn’t “lose” $10,000, but my deduction would be limited to $10,000. Means I can’t deduct anything above that.
LaxFan2311

Post by LaxFan2311 »

njbill wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:41 pm
LaxFan2311 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:39 pm

But, hey, he’s your guy.

Dude, do you not even understand how the SALT tax deduction cap works? I didn’t “lose” $10,000, but my deduction would be limited to $10,000. Means I can’t deduct anything above that.
Sounds like a personal problem. Maybe you should be better with your $. Epic fail on your part.

Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:21 pm
Then stop whining.
It’s whining. We all rich.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Here ya go afan. More on Biden's lead trust buster, fulfilling your's, Bernie's & AOC progressive communist agenda.
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/13/tech ... google1tap

F.T.C. Chair Faces Criticism in Congressional Hearing
Lina Khan faced more than three hours of questioning from the Republican-led House Judiciary Committee.

By Cecilia Kang
Reporting from Washington

July 13, 2023
Lina Khan, the chair of the Federal Trade Commission, faced more than three hours of criticism and ridicule from Republicans in a House hearing on Thursday, as emboldened critics increasingly put pressure on the agency for its crackdown on the growing power of tech giants.

During the highly partisan hearing, Republicans accused Ms. Khan, who has carried out an aggressive agenda of lawsuits and investigations against tech companies, of “harassing” businesses. The lawmakers, who repeatedly cut off Ms. Khan midsentence, also ridiculed her for the F.T.C.’s recent losses in antitrust cases and for wasting government resources.

“You are now 0 for 4 in merger trials,” Representative Kevin Kiley, Republican of California, said at the House Judiciary Committee hearing. “Why are you losing so much?”

The blistering session capped a bruising week that has brought greater scrutiny to the F.T.C. It was Ms. Khan’s first public appearance since a judge ruled on Tuesday against the agency’s attempt to stop Microsoft’s $70 billion acquisition of Activision. It was a major defeat in a tech case for the F.T.C. after another judge decided in May against its attempt to block Meta’s acquisition of a virtual reality app maker, Within.

Ms. Khan, a legal scholar, has become a lightning rod for her efforts to rein in corporate power and to give the F.T.C. more teeth in enforcement. Since President Biden picked her to lead the agency two years ago, she has said the F.T.C. was too complacent and needed to pursue more lawsuits against companies, even if it did not always win. Even in court losses, she has said, the cases expose the need to update antitrust laws for the digital age.

Ms. Khan’s aggressive agenda, which has spanned industries beyond tech, has rattled the agency, where two Republican commissioners and several senior officials have resigned. Christine Wilson, one of the former Republican members, accused Ms. Khan of abusing her power as chair. This month, Mr. Biden nominated the solicitor general for Virginia, Andrew Ferguson, and for Utah, Melissa Holyoak, to fill the Republican seats.

In Thursday’s hearing, Ms. Khan, 34, appeared unruffled. She highlighted the F.T.C.’s challenges to mergers in pharmaceutical, semiconductor, defense and energy markets. Many of those challenges did not go to court.

She said she didn’t bring cases that she thought would lose but, without referring to the Microsoft case, acknowledged the risks of her strategy.

“We fight hard when we believe there was a law violation, and unfortunately things don’t always go our way,” Ms. Khan said.

The losses have not weakened her focus on the tech industry. On Thursday, the F.T.C. filed to appeal the court decision on Microsoft’s deal with Activision. Also this week, it opened an investigation into the artificial intelligence start-up OpenAI, which makes the ChatGPT chatbot, for potentially harming consumers with privacy and security lapses and for spreading false information about individuals.

Ms. Khan’s strategy may take years to pay off, said Megan Gray, a lawyer and a former member of the F.T.C.’s staff. “She knows that this is a long-term effort and this not a Pollyanna new antitrust push,” Ms. Gray said.

The White House reiterated its support for Ms. Khan on Thursday. “Chair Khan has delivered results for families, consumers, workers, small businesses and entrepreneurs,” Michael Kikukawa, a White House assistant press secretary, said in a statement.

At the hearing, the court loss this week provided more ammunition for Republicans in their complaints against the F.T.C.

Representative Darrell Issa, Republican of California, criticized Ms. Khan’s judgment in pursuing the case to block Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision. Regulators rarely bring cases against so-called vertical mergers of two companies that don’t directly compete. That was the case with Microsoft, a console maker, and Activision, a video game maker. And Sony, Microsoft’s competitor, has a big market share, Mr. Issa said.

He also criticized the F.T.C. for pursuing a case to block the pharmaceutical giant Illumina from merging with Grail, a cancer test maker, after a judge in the agency’s internal court disagreed with its fight to prevent the deal.

“My problem here today is that you’re a bully,” Mr. Issa said. “The reality is we are a global market, and you are thinking only of who you want to go after for some reason. And I cannot find your logic.”

Representative Jim Jordan, the Republican chair of the Judiciary Committee, accused the agency of “harassing” Twitter in its investigation of the company’s security practices. Mr. Jordan, who has accused Democrats of censoring Republican views, has praised Twitter’s owner, Elon Musk, for loosening restrictions on speech.

“My concern is the sustained attack on Twitter when the ownership there changed,” Mr. Jordan said.

Ms. Khan replied: “We at the F.T.C. have no view on who should or should not own a company. All we care about is that the company is following the law.”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:39 pm More on Madame Khan's good work on behalf of Trustbuster Joe.
Let's see what you have to say when, out of the blue, she & Joe go after something of value to you.
They arbitrarily nearly destroyed a great bio-tech company which has done an incalculable amount of good.
Moving the goalposts and changing the conversation now that you're admitting you're fibbing about your portfolio.

Want to talk about Khan and the failures of past FTC heads? Happy to.

Start a new thread. Start with the FTC sitting on its hands since they broke up Ma Bell to allow countless monopolies that have all but eliminated competition in every business sector.

And then you'll realize that ALL the FTC commissioners (and the DoJ, for that matter) have royally screwed companies like mine, and consumers in general, by ignoring all the monopolies we have in America.

Start the thread. Happy to chime in, assuming you actually want to discuss this, and not just throw stones at Dems.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:59 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:39 pm More on Madame Khan's good work on behalf of Trustbuster Joe.
Moving the goalposts and changing the conversation now that you're admitting you're fibbing about your portfolio.

Start a new thread. Start with the FTC sitting on its hands since they broke up Ma Bell to allow countless monopolies that have all but eliminated competition in every business sector.

And then you'll realize that ALL the FTC commissioners (and the DoJ, for that matter) have royally screwed companies like mine, and consumers in general, by ignoring all the monopolies we have in America.

Start the thread. Happy to chime in, assuming you actually want to discuss this, and not just throw stones at Dems.
FU. How am I "fibbing" about my stock portfolio. It went down in value > 7 figures thanks to Khan's arbitrary, unpredictable attacks.
Fortunately, I'm diversified in other investments & holdings which Biden has yet to F-up...but he'll get to them in his 2nd term w/ his wealth tax.
How many other good faith investors endured similar stock valuation losses due to Khan's & Biden's irrational grandstanding crusade ?

You're dealing in socialist mythology -- nobody working in their garage could bring to market the groundbreaking advances that Illumina has.
Last edited by old salt on Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.openmarketsinstitute.org/le ... he-numbers

Thus far, most of the coverage of America’s monopoly problem has come from the 10,000-foot level. The Economist exemplified this with a pair of articles in 2016, in which they wrote that “the fruits of economic growth are being hoarded” by America’s profitable corporate giants, who face negligible competition. The economists Paul Krugman and Larry Summers have linked growing monopoly power to weak growth, and in a recent White House report, Jason Furman and Peter Orszag argued that monopoly has contributed to inequality in wages.

There are many indicators that economic concentration is increasing. We see when we compare the salary of a CEO today to that of a CEO in the 1970s. Thanks to research led by the Open Markets Team, we see how economic concentration increasingly blocks entrepreneurs from starting and growing their own businesses. Similarly, we can see how wealth is increasingly concentrated geographically. As research and writing by Open Markets has detailed, wealth and power is increasingly concentrated in fewer and fewer cities, meaning that as San Francisco, New York City, and Washington thrive, a growing large number of large heartland communities like St. Louis and Memphis increasingly find themselves cut off and hollowed out.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:15 pm

FU. How am I "fibbing" about my stock portfolio. It went down in value > 7 figures thanks to Khan's arbitrary, unpredictable attacks.
Fortunately, I'm diversified in other investments & holdings which Biden has yet to F-up...but he'll get to them in his 2nd term w/ his wealth tax.
How many other good faith investors endured similar stock losses due to Khan's & Biden's irrational grandstanding crusade ?

You're dealing in socialist mythology -- nobody working in their garage could bring to market the groundbreaking advances that Illumina has.
Hogs get slaughtered it what it sounds like to me….who advised you not to take some off the table? Personal responsibility.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”