Johns Hopkins 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Drcthru

Re: Johns Hopkins 2020

Post by Drcthru »

DMac wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:17 am "leopards don't change their stripes"????
SPOTS, moron! :oops:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Big Dog wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:25 pm
Without the Big Ten, Hopkins would have missed the NCAA tournament this year and in 2015.
You have no way of knowing that since you have no way of knowing who Hop would have scheduled instead of the BiG (besides MD). Replace PSU & tOSU with two cupcakes and play strong mid-major on BiG tourney weekend, and Hop coulda had 10 wins (and weaker RPI).
The strong RPI (top 10) and the two wins over Maryland were pretty much what got the Jays into the tournament this year. Drop that RPI below 10 and take one of those Maryland wins away and they do not get in.

In 2015, the Jays were 3-5 entering Big Ten play. You could have scheduled 5 absolute cupcakes (or a combo of cupcakes and good teams) in those next 5 games instead of the Big Ten conference play and they still would not have made the tournament at 8-5. It wouldn't have even been close. Hopkins needed that conference tournament to extend its season. There was no scenario in which an at-large bid was possible after those first 8 games no matter who they scheduled next. Thank god they had that second opportunity.
dms87 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:22 pm 16-thank you for the constant optimism. I want to believe too. I really, really do.
I am not trying to be overly rosy here—I'd be the first person to admit the last decade has been a vast disappointment and that I'm not thrilled with the direction of things. That said, based on much of last season and the beginnings to this thread, you'd think the team was going to absolutely stink and not win any games next year. I think it's quite likely they are better next year than they were this year. Of course, just being "better" doesn't move the needle and that's not going to be good enough to please anyone. If they aren't better than 8-8, boy do you have problems. But from what I'm seeing, Hop looks like a top 10-15 team again headed into the offseason with the potential to be more if the cards fall right. Again, nobody is happy with that but it's far from the disaster picture that this thread is painting. It has been a very, very long time since Hopkins has had a player like Joey Epstein and I wouldn't count out some weird things happening solely because of his presence and if we ever find a kid who can be decent in the goal then maybe you get lucky in the tournament. As we all know the key is to peak at the right time—for my money Penn State was the best team in the country this year but did they peak "too soon"? In April they looked absolutely unbeatable. Suddenly the Big Ten tourney rolls around and we made them look human and a couple weeks later they're giving up 21 goals to Yale. That offense and solid faceoff play (for the most part) was masking what appeared to be a very suspect defense. I actually thought we were peaking at a good time this year, playing three good games in a row against Maryland (twice) and then Penn State. I was surprised by the Notre Dame stinker—perhaps I have not learned my lesson from 2016 or 2017—but I really did think we had a chance to win that game and would get another shot at Duke. Probably for the best that we didn't.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Again, on paper, we have the making of a superior team. Again we have the eternal questions. Can this coaching staff develop/utilize the talent to the greatest result? Is Petro the best judge of talent? Is Benson a genius or, mediocre at best? Is Dwan anything but a toady? What can light a fire under this team? :roll:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:46 pm I think it's a bit of a fool's errand to try to project out how the entire landscape will look in 9 months. Penn was on NOBODY'S radar headed into this season. We all knew about UVA's potential but I think they reached it a year earlier than most assumed they would. Cornell was a near-universal final four pick (ranked preseason #4) but didn't even make the playoffs. Duke loses a ton—I think, for once, they be in a little bit of trouble (I also thought they were a bit lucky to make it as far as they did in 2019). Maybe now is the time to put them on the schedule.
Well - first let's deal with Cornell - they went 10-5 and lost twice to Yale (NCAA Finalist), Penn State (NCAA semi-finalist), Penn (Ivy league Champs NCAA quarterfinalist missed out on final four by an OT goal) and Syracuse in the Dome - all the while winning 38% of their face-offs. I would hazard a strong guess if TD Ierlan had chosen Ithaca over New Haven - Cornell might have been playing yesterday or at least deeper into the tournament than a certain Baltimore team. Cornell was not a complete bust by any stretch.
Penn I will grant you came sort of out of nowhere but the schedule game them the ability - after losing 3 straight to Maryland/Penn State/Duke - time to regroup and get winning under their feet - they won 2 nail biters with Cornell (game time weather in Ithaca something like like 28 degrees) and Yale and put together a 12 game win streak
Second - in the shot clock era - freshmen and sophomores are putting up video game numbers - some even from the mid-field
- Brandau 50 and 24
- Handley 35 and 26
- Lulley 19 and 17
- Nichtern 30 and 50
- Epstein
- Scanlon
and on and on - not to mention the fact that all 3 of UVA's attack were sophomores n'est pas?
The 2020 class will be sophomores when Epstein and Zinn are seniors - that's the year Hopkins fans could reasonably target increased success but the raptors must be kept at bay.
Duke's roster management is impressive - seemingly 11 kids in a class every year - they lose Smith and van Raaphorst as I said but return a ton of players where you go - ehh - but they get the job done - For example, their DeMatha Garrett will be much better you can almost guaranty it and a recruiting class (under all the usual caveats) with 3 of the Top 8, 4 of 13, 5 of 17, 6 of 19 (all before Hopkins first ranked recruit). Unfortunately, Duke's not going anywhere.
Ultimately - you are right - you can't predict this stuff with any certainty BUT if my money had to go somewhere it would be on Penn State or UVA.
As far as Hopkins season - I would hope they are fired up enough to compete with Towson - Loyola at Ridley (Spencer or no) has proved to be a rout over the last 3 or so trips there. They should have a home heavy schedule if the reverses all happen - Towson/UNC/Princeton/Syracuse/Michigan/Penn State/ Maryland - if there is a Virginia replacement from the ACC and Navy on the schedule - you would think one of those might be at home. You could see some wins there maybe (Penn State being the most obvious problem) - could also lose any of those games - not a cupcake among them
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Hopkin fans need to remember next season to take their pills every day
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

51percentcorn wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:22 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:46 pm I think it's a bit of a fool's errand to try to project out how the entire landscape will look in 9 months. Penn was on NOBODY'S radar headed into this season. We all knew about UVA's potential but I think they reached it a year earlier than most assumed they would. Cornell was a near-universal final four pick (ranked preseason #4) but didn't even make the playoffs. Duke loses a ton—I think, for once, they be in a little bit of trouble (I also thought they were a bit lucky to make it as far as they did in 2019). Maybe now is the time to put them on the schedule.
Well - first let's deal with Cornell - they went 10-5 and lost twice to Yale (NCAA Finalist), Penn State (NCAA semi-finalist), Penn (Ivy league Champs NCAA quarterfinalist missed out on final four by an OT goal) and Syracuse in the Dome - all the while winning 38% of their face-offs. I would hazard a strong guess if TD Ierlan had chosen Ithaca over New Haven - Cornell might have been playing yesterday or at least deeper into the tournament than a certain Baltimore team. Cornell was not a complete bust by any stretch.
Penn I will grant you came sort of out of nowhere but the schedule game them the ability - after losing 3 straight to Maryland/Penn State/Duke - time to regroup and get winning under their feet - they won 2 nail biters with Cornell (game time weather in Ithaca something like like 28 degrees) and Yale and put together a 12 game win streak
Second - in the shot clock era - freshmen and sophomores are putting up video game numbers - some even from the mid-field
- Brandau 50 and 24
- Handley 35 and 26
- Lulley 19 and 17
- Nichtern 30 and 50
- Epstein
- Scanlon
and on and on - not to mention the fact that all 3 of UVA's attack were sophomores n'est pas?
The 2020 class will be sophomores when Epstein and Zinn are seniors - that's the year Hopkins fans could reasonably target increased success but the raptors must be kept at bay.
Duke's roster management is impressive - seemingly 11 kids in a class every year - they lose Smith and van Raaphorst as I said but return a ton of players where you go - ehh - but they get the job done - For example, their DeMatha Garrett will be much better you can almost guaranty it and a recruiting class (under all the usual caveats) with 3 of the Top 8, 4 of 13, 5 of 17, 6 of 19 (all before Hopkins first ranked recruit). Unfortunately, Duke's not going anywhere.
Ultimately - you are right - you can't predict this stuff with any certainty BUT if my money had to go somewhere it would be on Penn State or UVA.
As far as Hopkins season - I would hope they are fired up enough to compete with Towson - Loyola at Ridley (Spencer or no) has proved to be a rout over the last 3 or so trips there. They should have a home heavy schedule if the reverses all happen - Towson/UNC/Princeton/Syracuse/Michigan/Penn State/ Maryland - if there is a Virginia replacement from the ACC and Navy on the schedule - you would think one of those might be at home. You could see some wins there maybe (Penn State being the most obvious problem) - could also lose any of those games - not a cupcake among them
Don't disagree with any of that, I just think it's within the range of outcomes that the Jays have a more successful season in 2020 than they did in 2019.

Cornell was a preseason darling and if we go back to those prediction threads you'll likely find a lot of people picking them to make the Final Four. Losses to Yale and Penn State aside they were still not as good as most people expected them to be. Obviously things would have been different if Ierlan chose them but he didn't.

The Jays have to beat either Towson or Loyola next year—I think expecting them to do so is entirely reasonable. There may never be a better time to play Loyola than in the year right after they lose Pat Spencer and have to figure out what they are again without him. Luckily we'll know pretty early on what kind of season it'll be assuming both games remain where they are early on in the schedule.

Besides those two, of the 2019 Ls that could feasibly become 2020 Ws: Ohio State, obviously, though we don't seem to fare too well on the road in Columbus, and then Syracuse, who lose their top 2 scorers and now have to (gasp!) venture down south and play a game outdoors in March away from the friendly confines and sight lines of the Carrier Dome. Flip one of those into a W, along with either Towson/Loyola, and already it's most likely an improved regular season even if you assume a loss to Maryland at Homewood. (Of course, this also assumes another win over UNC, who have apparently made Homewood their home recently) and on the road against a Delaware team that plays us way too close for comfort. So drop either of those games and you're back to where you started. But based on the minimal losses to graduation, Epstein in year two, the potential of Zinn, the presumed improvement from 45% in goal...there's no reason to expect WORSE than a 7-6 regular season. I know I know—how low the bar has become.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:29 pm
51percentcorn wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:22 pm
- Brandau 50 and 24
- Handley 35 and 26
- Lulley 19 and 17
- Nichtern 30 and 50
- Epstein
- Scanlon
Don't disagree with any of that, I just think it's within the range of outcomes that the Jays have a more successful season in 2020 than they did in 2019.

Cornell was a preseason darling and if we go back to those prediction threads you'll likely find a lot of people picking them to make the Final Four. Losses to Yale and Penn State aside they were still not as good as most people expected them to be. Obviously things would have been different if Ierlan chose them but he didn't.

The Jays have to beat either Towson or Loyola next year—I think expecting them to do so is entirely reasonable. There may never be a better time to play Loyola than in the year right after they lose Pat Spencer and have to figure out what they are again without him. Luckily we'll know pretty early on what kind of season it'll be assuming both games remain where they are early on in the schedule.

Besides those two, of the 2019 Ls that could feasibly become 2020 Ws: Ohio State, obviously, though we don't seem to fare too well on the road in Columbus, and then Syracuse, who lose their top 2 scorers and now have to (gasp!) venture down south and play a game outdoors in March away from the friendly confines and sight lines of the Carrier Dome. Flip one of those into a W, along with either Towson/Loyola, and already it's most likely an improved regular season even if you assume a loss to Maryland at Homewood. (Of course, this also assumes another win over UNC, who have apparently made Homewood their home recently) and on the road against a Delaware team that plays us way too close for comfort. So drop either of those games and you're back to where you started. But based on the minimal losses to graduation, Epstein in year two, the potential of Zinn, the presumed improvement from 45% in goal...there's no reason to expect WORSE than a 7-6 regular season. I know I know—how low the bar has become.
Is there any thoughts that maybe hopkins will have a better season result wise next year if they make Giacolone the starting goalie as opposed to Darby? The former came in ice cold against ND and made good saves, had nice outlet passes and communicated well to the defense IMO
You guys are returning so many key pieces to this jigsaw puzzle, but while some pieces fit naturally, others arre being "forced" to fit within said puzzle. Yeah you lose Jones, Kuhn, Marr and other playmakers but with the "next man up" mantra Hopkins supposedly has, or that Petro likes to preach in interviews", you'd expect that with all the UA AA's/ IL AA/ Adrenaline AA's on the bench, that the staff could just replace the graduated seniors with the developing guys.

It's basically what Loyola is doing with their team next year from the rumblings i heard with former players
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

Yes. I believe the team would fare better with Giacalone in goal. It’s a huge puzzle that he didn’t see the field sooner than he did in 2019. Inconsistent goal tending will ultimately sink any team.
Assuming goal tending improves substantially in 2020 next year’s team should be an improvement over the 2019 jays, at least on paper.
steel_hop

Post by steel_hop »

HopFan16 wrote:
So what do we make of Petro's tweet then? He sure sounds like someone who expects to be back. So either 1) He's already been given an extension and they're, what, working on the wording? It should be a two paragraph release. What are they waiting for? 2) He wasn't fired, but wasn't given an extension either, creating a lame duck situation 3) A decision hasn't been made one way or the other but he's hoping to send positive energy into the atmosphere with his tweet about 2020?
There is nothing to make of it. He is continuing on in his job like any other person that has a contract based on years. He might have asked for an extension and been told "no." or "let's work on it." IIRC, his last contract extension came after the 2015 year and was announced mid-summer or so but it also came when he had 2 years left on the current deal (if I remember correctly). While I don't want him to have a contract, the longer it goes on the less likely Petro is fired. Though I will note Seaman "resigned" on June 23, 1997 (Man, that seams like forever). John Haus left Hopkins on June 2, 2000. So it isn't out of the realm of possibilities that a change would occur but not likely.
HopFan16 wrote: The thing about this great 2020 class is...they'll only be freshmen. And we'll have lost Williams, Smith, and the entire starting defense before they come in. So even if Grimes is an immediate All-American to pair with Epstein, you still need time to rebuild your whole defense and I'm still not seeing any real solutions for the midfield issue. So even if the class lives up to the hype I'm not really sure things get "better" from a winning standpoint until 2022 at the earliest but more likely 2023 or 2024.
This is another issue I have with Petro. I don't follow recruiting enough beyond looking at the ranks but he seems to recruit well for a year or two with a top 5 class (not that the results on the field show it) and then slacks for a year or two. His large classes also seem to be ill focused i.e. the munchkin middies that are really attackman and having 16-17 long poles on the team next year.

HopFan16 wrote:

I would hope your interest in the team doesn't entirely hinge on who the coach is. Hopkins will play lacrosse in 2020, and the players deserve support. Saying the same things over and over again on a forum isn't going to help you get what you want.
Why should I invest my valuable time in the program when the administration doesn't? I've said this before but the reason crowds are down (and games against SU were streamed instead of on TV) is because the program isn't good. Winning games and winning/competing for championships brings out the crowd.

I can already say I'm not as invested in the program as I was even 5 years ago. I used to watch/DVR every Hopkins game now I didn't watch a single game in February and didn't see the UVA or UNC nor did I even DVR them or stream them. Just have other things to do or I'll watch better teams play. I doubt I'll ever come back to that level...more that I have other obligations like my kids games and the like.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We get it. A tiger doesn't change it's stripes and a leopard doesn't change it's spots. No need for personal attacks. Fellas, relax...

51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

houndace1 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:39 pm Is there any thoughts that maybe hopkins will have a better season result wise next year if they make Giacolone the starting goalie as opposed to Darby? The former came in ice cold against ND and made good saves, had nice outlet passes and communicated well to the defense IMO
You guys are returning so many key pieces to this jigsaw puzzle, but while some pieces fit naturally, others arre being "forced" to fit within said puzzle. Yeah you lose Jones, Kuhn, Marr and other playmakers but with the "next man up" mantra Hopkins supposedly has, or that Petro likes to preach in interviews", you'd expect that with all the UA AA's/ IL AA/ Adrenaline AA's on the bench, that the staff could just replace the graduated seniors with the developing guys.
Let's not get carried away with Giacalone and proclaim the season would have been significantly different if he was in goal from day 1. Just like a back-up quarterback - a back-up goalie can be the most popular person on the team unless the starter is somebody like Tom Brady. Anyway - we have 45 minutes of history - otherwise he hasn't played. He's bigger and left handed. The Notre Dame shooters may have had alot of practice memory from thinking about Darby - "shoot high and to our right" - well that's right in Giacalone's wheelhouse. He certainly played - day to day - in a likely more competitive high school environment than the Texan. But his save percentage against Notre Dame was around 50% - certainly better than Darby's 33% - but it wasn't like he absolutely stood on his head and almost saved the day - it was more like he helped put a tourniquet on a gushing wound and helped make it slightly interesting in the 3rd. Notre Dame did score 3.33 goals per period while he was in there. You can argue it either way - he came in with no pressure - he came in cold with no experience. I certainly endorse sending him out between the pipes the first day of fall practice - no question. IMO - even if Giacalone's performance was not an aberration and he can even improve upon it with experience - the Hopkins defense will not improve significantly until the SSDMs can in part - a decent part of the time - stand on their own. To me, it's no secret why UVA's defense improved so significantly over the season - #34 and #14 became very good SSDMs and when UVA played man they could stand up and be counted. Hopkins had to slide all over the place and I swear I never saw so many step down time and rooms in my life. Take the O'Keefe OT winner - I watched the youtube highlights that are 18:56 long. If you stop the replay at 18:24 - you will see Hubler guarding #7 man to man from the end line with Colwell standing directly in the crease behind Darby watching #7 paying absolute no attention to anybody else. Hopkins has already lost - though they won't know it for sure for 4 more seconds. O'Keefe - I heard he was a threat from outside somewhere - is standing all alone at the 25 yard line - Kuhn is the only Hopkins player within 7/8 yards but Kuhn is watching #14. Rapine appears to think there's some sort of zone because he is guarding space not a man and he is also looking at #7. As #7 start to run by Hubler and get to GLE - Colwell slides and Rapine is even in support of that. The only problem with that is Jones has been face guarding a guy in the middle - Foley is somewhat understandably interested in what Ament is doing and Kuhn is still thinking Foulds is his responsibility. As they become even more packed in no one is within 8/9 yards of O'Keefe - it's a relatively easy skip pass and Boom Boom Out Go the Lights. In some form - Hopkins supported their SSDM blatantly with one pole - and while I can't profess to know what the design was and/or what Rapine was doing - there were 2 defensemen in support leaving the best shooter in all the land beyond wide open. What the heck? Until this changes - we will be hearing QK's "Turn and Rake" alot.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

houndace1 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:39 pm Is there any thoughts that maybe hopkins will have a better season result wise next year if they make Giacolone the starting goalie as opposed to Darby? The former came in ice cold against ND and made good saves, had nice outlet passes and communicated well to the defense IMO
Let's not get carried away with Giacalone and proclaim the season would have been significantly different if he was in goal from day 1. Just like a back-up quarterback - a back-up goalie can be the most popular person on the team unless the starter is somebody like Tom Brady. Anyway - we have 45 minutes of history - otherwise he hasn't played. He's bigger and left handed. The Notre Dame shooters may have had alot of practice memory from thinking about Darby - "shoot high and to our right" - well that's right in Giacalone's wheelhouse. He certainly played - day to day - in a likely more competitive high school environment than the Texan. But his save percentage against Notre Dame was around 50% - certainly better than Darby's 33% - but it wasn't like he absolutely stood on his head and almost saved the day - it was more like he helped put a tourniquet on a gushing wound and helped make it slightly interesting in the 3rd. Notre Dame did score 3.33 goals per period while he was in there. You can argue it either way - he came in with no pressure - he came in cold with no experience. I certainly endorse sending him out between the pipes the first day of fall practice - no question. IMO - even if Giacalone's performance was not an aberration and he can even improve upon it with experience - the Hopkins defense will not improve significantly until the SSDMs can in part - a decent part of the time - stand on their own. To me, it's no secret why UVA's defense improved so significantly over the season - #34 and #14 became very good SSDMs and when UVA played man they could stand up and be counted. Hopkins had to slide all over the place and I swear I never saw so many step down time and rooms in my life. Take the O'Keefe OT winner - I watched the youtube highlights that are 18:56 long. If you stop the replay at 18:24 - you will see Hubler guarding #7 man to man from the end line with Colwell standing directly in the crease behind Darby watching #7 paying absolute no attention to anybody else. Hopkins has already lost - though they won't know it for sure for 4 more seconds. O'Keefe - I heard he was a threat from outside somewhere - is standing all alone at the 25 yard line - Kuhn is the only Hopkins player within 7/8 yards but Kuhn is watching #14. Rapine appears to think there's some sort of zone because he is guarding space not a man and he is also looking at #7. As #7 start to run by Hubler and get to GLE - Colwell slides and Rapine is even in support of that. The only problem with that is Jones has been face guarding a guy in the middle - Foley is somewhat understandably interested in what Ament is doing and Kuhn is still thinking Foulds is his responsibility. As they become even more packed in no one is within 8/9 yards of O'Keefe - it's a relatively easy skip pass and Boom Boom Out Go the Lights. In some form - Hopkins supported their SSDM blatantly with one pole - and while I can't profess to know what the design was and/or what Rapine was doing - there were 2 defensemen in support leaving the best shooter in all the land beyond wide open. What the heck? Until this changes - we will be hearing QK's "Turn and Rake" alot.
DougELax

Post by DougELax »

"I thought it was sarcasm and funny."... We need a sarcasm font.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

DougELax wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:28 am
admin wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:38 am We get it. A tiger doesn't change it's stripes and a leopard doesn't change it's spots. No need for personal attacks. Fellas, relax...

I thought it was sarcasm and funny.
Misuse of a feline. TWEEEET!!!
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

No Hopkins connection but always enjoy marinating in the copious angst of the thread every now and then. A Petro question that (probably) has nothing to due with his use of Zinn (saw him several times in high school, should have played more), slide packages or recruitment of midget, 13 year old middies. I was looking at the list of coaches on the Tewy selection committee. By and large it has all of the prominent coaches you would expect (along with some not so famous)...except for Petro (and Desko actually). Any thoughts on this? Is this something he was offered but would have turned down? Relationships with peers? Previously on and stepped down? Meaningless trivia?

Jack Emmer, Chair
Joe Alberici, United States Military Academy
Dan Chemotti, University of Richmond
Kevin Corrigan, University of Notre Dame
Steve Koudelka, Lynchburg College
Mike Murphy, University of Pennsylvania
Jim Nagel, Stony Brook University
Shawn Nadalen -Towson University
Andy Shay, Yale University
Dan Sheehan, LeMoyne College
Jeff Tambroni, Penn State University
Bill Tierney, University of Denver
Seth Tierney, Hofstra University
Lars Tiffany, University of Virginia
John Tillman, University of Maryland
Charley Toomey, Loyola University
Keegan Wilkinson, Marist College
Taylor Wray, St. Joseph’s University
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Calvert Hall FOGO Tyler Dunn, a rising high school senior, just committed to Hopkins. Is this the Tinney effect already bearing fruit? Local kid from an MIAA powerhouse, relatively late commit—just what the doctor ordered. Now do midfield!
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:13 pm Calvert Hall FOGO Tyler Dunn, a rising high school senior, just committed to Hopkins. Is this the Tinney effect already bearing fruit? Local kid from an MIAA powerhouse, relatively late commit—just what the doctor ordered. Now do midfield!
Great commit!

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
viper

Post by viper »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:42 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:13 pm Calvert Hall FOGO Tyler Dunn, a rising high school senior, just committed to Hopkins. Is this the Tinney effect already bearing fruit? Local kid from an MIAA powerhouse, relatively late commit—just what the doctor ordered. Now do midfield!
Great commit!

DocBarrister 8-)
Kids a good one. Was the number 2 fogo this year behind Cattone who will be at Loyola next year. Came away with a win percentage in the 60’s. He will be the number 1 fogo in the “tour for four” next year. Transferred into the Hall this year and I believe he was also being courted by the Terps and Wahoos.

So it seems the Jays might still have some recruiting cred left despite the rumors of their demise.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

viper wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:51 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:42 pm
Great commit!

DocBarrister 8-)
Kids a good one. Was the number 2 fogo this year behind Cattone who will be at Loyola next year. Came away with a win percentage in the 60’s. He will be the number 1 fogo in the “tour for four” next year. Transferred into the Hall this year and I believe he was also being courted by the Terps and Wahoos.

So it seems the Jays might still have some recruiting cred left despite the rumors of their demise.
Whats the cred on Dunn and Cattone on their FO performances in the MIAA for this most recent season? i've been hearing some hype on both of these guys
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
steel_hop

Post by steel_hop »

admin wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:38 am We get it. A tiger doesn't change it's stripes and a leopard doesn't change it's spots. No need for personal attacks. Fellas, relax...

I hope this wasn't directed at me and my comments back and forth with Hop16. I didn't think I attacked him personally. If I did, I certainly apologize for that. And, I don't think his question on my investment in the program is out of bounds, which is why I answered it. I enjoy his commentary has he pays way more attention to recruiting that I do (which is none) and his optimistic view on the program. I disagree with it but it makes for a good back and forth.

As for my spots on this zebra. its all good.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”