The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
LaxFan2311

Re: 2024

Post by LaxFan2311 »

ggait wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:38 am Joe spoke about actual facts incoherently.

Trump spoke about lies coherently.

Yuge win for trump. Trump wasn’t good, but Joe was absolutely turrible. In a total biden home game with tons of preparation.

What the heck were Joe’s advisors thinking?
Trump owned the debate. He spoke truths and was cool, calm, collected and came from a position of strength. This also solidifies that the reason Democrats came after Trump is because they cannot beat him fair and square. Democrats are in total panic mode. Love to see the anti American, pro illegal immigrant party get what it deserves. MAGA
The right loves the country but hates the government.

The left hates the country but loves the government.

Understanding this will explain it all.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

ggait wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:38 am Joe was absolutely turrible. In a total biden home game with tons of preparation.

What the heck were Joe’s advisors thinking?
We get a pretty good idea here. This was immediately following tonight's debate. What a charade. "You did such a great job!" Joe's wife ought to be ashamed of herself. Just goes to show you how deep the panic is in the deflating Dem tent.

https://x.com/tpostmillennial/status/18 ... 22972?s=46
ggait

Post by ggait »

Trump is literally the last person on earth who should be president. I wouldn’t hire him to manage a candy store. Absolutely unqualified and disqualified.

None of that is disproven by Joe doing awful.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
OuttaNowhereWregget

LaxFan2311 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:45 am Trump owned the debate. He spoke truths and was cool, calm, collected and came from a position of strength. This also solidifies that the reason Democrats came after Trump is because they cannot beat him fair and square. Democrats are in total panic mode. Love to see the anti American, pro illegal immigrant party get what it deserves. MAGA
LaxFan2311

Post by LaxFan2311 »

ggait wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:52 am Trump is literally the last person on earth who should be president. I wouldn’t hire him to manage a candy store. Absolutely unqualified and disqualified.

You wouldn’t hire a multi billionaire, successful businessman to run a candy store? You seriously have TDS issues. I’m sorry this is happening to you. You really are panicking.

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

LaxFan2311 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:58 am
ggait wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:52 am Trump is literally the last person on earth who should be president. I wouldn’t hire him to manage a candy store. Absolutely unqualified and disqualified.

You wouldn’t hire a multi billionaire, successful businessman to run a candy store? You seriously have TDS issues. I’m sorry this is happening to you. You really are panicking.
Trump is a lying sack of sh*t and a con man. A multi billionaire who is always hitting up fools like you for a donation to pay is legal bills. :roll: If he were a real billionaire he wouldn't have to.
Last edited by jhu72 on Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
LaxFan2311

Post by LaxFan2311 »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:07 am

Trump is a lying sack of sh*t and a con man. A multi billionaire who is always hitting up fools like you for a donation to pay is legal bills. :roll:
Yet you support the pedophile who suffers from dementia? You suffer from TDS. It’s stunning to behold someone who graduated from JHU to be this devoid of reality. But liberalism is proving once again to be a true mental disorder. You’re panicking so hard.

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

LaxFan2311 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:10 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:07 am

Trump is a lying sack of sh*t and a con man. A multi billionaire who is always hitting up fools like you for a donation to pay is legal bills. :roll:
Yet you support the pedophile who suffers from dementia? You suffer from TDS. It’s stunning to behold someone who graduated from JHU to be this devoid of reality. But liberalism is proving once again to be a true mental disorder. You’re panicking so hard.
... I'm not panicked. Trump is still Trump, a loser, a liar as are you apparently.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
OuttaNowhereWregget

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:22 am Chuck Todd of Meet the Press:

https://x.com/ggreenwald/status/1806530 ... mfE5ey8-Lw
Great clip. Thanks for sharing.
old salt

Post by old salt »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:02 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:46 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:19 pm
ggait wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:56 pm Watched with my 20 something kid.

We both were shocked at how awful Joe looked just walking out to the podium.

Trouble. Trouble in River City.

CNN panel melting down. Openly talking about if how Biden could be replaced.
And that's coming from a CNN panel. Meltdown indeed.
BBC News discussing "US in crisis" over Biden's "fitness, bumbling, mumbling, and poor appearance."

Will Democrats pull the plug on Biden before the convention/election?
How can they not. Biden's performance was a disaster--after a whole week of rest and preparation, no less. He's toast, in more ways than one. The Dems have to be reeling. Imagine what our enemies abroad (to say nothing of our allies) are thinking. So much for all the crapola I read on these boards about edited video clips and not being so gullible.
Biden's performance was a 90 min cheap fake.

It will be fascinating to see what the Dems do next, maybe even historic.

Will this make the Dems so desperate that they pressure their NY Judge to try to lock up Trump before the (R)'s convention ?

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Surely the deep state can come up with something.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Yikes. With the brainwashing and conspiracy theories I see in some of these recent posts I feel like I’ve been transported to 1930s Germany. At a minimum to The Twilight Zone.

Biden’s performance doesn’t change Trump’s performance. TDS? The deranged are those among us who drank the Kool Aid. It’s mind-boggling to see the number of people who can’t see through this charlatan/crook/felon or at a minimum are willing to accept him.

Trump still demonstrates such little knowledge. Sweeping generalities created in an alternate universe. The general plans he’s said he wants to see, e.g. wholesale implementation of tariffs and continuation of tax breaks for the wealthy, are widely panned by well regarded organizations. Not a single former Trump Cabinet member has endorsed him. The concern of such a large number of former military general officers to a second Trump term is unprecedented. His lying and hyperbole is jaw dropping. And four more years means the possibility of one or more Gorsuches added to SCOTUS.

I’m still voting for Biden or a substitution should he and the DNC come up with a change of plans. I truly fear for what America might become for my children and grandchildren, and for America as I’ve known it should Trump be elected.
OuttaNowhereWregget

old salt wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:40 am

BBC News discussing "US in crisis" over Biden's "fitness, bumbling, mumbling, and poor appearance."

How can they not. Biden's performance was a disaster--after a whole week of rest and preparation, no less. He's toast, in more ways than one. The Dems have to be reeling. Imagine what our enemies abroad (to say nothing of our allies) are thinking. So much for all the crapola I read on these boards about edited video clips and not being so gullible.

Will this make the Dems so desperate that they pressure their NY Judge to try to lock up Trump before the (R)'s convention ?

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Surely the deep state can come up with something.
Great line.

https://x.com/tpostmillennial/status/18 ... 22972?s=46

I keep coming back to this. Jill Biden immediately after the debate telling her husband, "Joe, you did such a great job! You answered every question!" like he was some grade school child who got an A on a spelling quiz or something. This is our Commander in Chief? They're in real trouble.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

The Bidens Need to Have a Talk

Former republican operative turned Never Trumper Tim Miller:

BY NOW IT’S BECOME A CLICHÉ in pro-democracy media circles to say about this election that everyone needs to focus on the stakes, not the odds. And clichés become clichés because they contain an inherent truth.

The stakes of this election are unlike any in the modern era. One of the men on stage Thursday night is a convicted criminal who promised to enact retribution on his political foes and pardon the rioters who attacked our Capitol carrying his flag. If he is elected, in four years he may feel that he has to stay in power to avoid the consequences of his crimes, including the possibility of spending his golden years in jail.

If we want to ensure our democratic republic’s survival, a man such as that must be defeated. If we want to protect ourselves from his worst impulses—internment camps for migrants, pulling out of NATO, codifying a regime where poor women in red states are denied medical care they need—he must be defeated.

Given those stakes, it is incumbent on the Democratic party to ensure that its nominee is capable of beating back this threat.

On the debate stage, Joe Biden didn’t look like a man who can do that. And depending on how the polls shake out and how confident Donald Trump feels, Biden might not get another opportunity to change that perception.

So that leaves us with this uncomfortable reality: Joe and Jill Biden need to have a very serious conversation about whether he is up for the monumental task at hand.

THE ONLY REASON THE BULWARK EXISTS is that we all want to speak frank truths about Donald Trump. Some of us bailed on political careers over it. Others had their voices silenced by a billionaire who only wanted a mouthpiece for the Trump regime.

For that reason, it is our obligation to be as forthright as possible about the threat a second Trump term poses, what we think is the best way to stop it, and when we think the current approach isn’t working.

Given Joe Biden’s historically disastrous debate performance, there is a real question about whether he can handle the job.

I heard that question from dozens upon dozens of people on Thursday night. Black and white, young and old, political insider and casual observer. Liberal Democrat and Haley Republican.

To dismiss that question would be hubristic—not to mention unhelpful.

I want to be clear about something. I’m angry that I have to write this. I’m angry at everyone who has let us down to lead us to this place. I’m angry at every glib MAGA jerk who smirked at me in the debate hall last night.

We’ve had so many off-ramps that we didn’t take because nearly all of the people who knew better in the Republican political class were weak or scared or calculating. It is enraging.

But here’s the thing. What comes next? This choice. It isn’t about any of our feelings. It isn’t about me. It isn’t about you. It isn’t even about Joe Biden.

It’s about the stakes.

And given these stakes everyone in the pro democracy coalition needs to do everything in their power to stop Donald Trump.

That begins with the person charged with carrying out the duty that is in front of us.

Joe Biden needs to talk with his family.

And he needs to come out of that conversation either with a plan to pass the torch to a new generation or an unwavering commitment to change course.

Here’s what changing course looks like. He must summon an energy and a spirit and a forward-looking message that was absent in Atlanta. He must be committed to never letting what happened on Thursday night happen again—never putting on the kind of mumbling, robotic, incoherent performance that the whole world witnessed.

He must show that he is willing to do everything in his power to win this election. Go out and campaign among real Americans. Demonstrate that he has the vigor and will to earn their trust. He must take the fight to Donald Trump clearly and directly in interviews and on the stump. And he’s going to have to do so in the belly of the beast—on Fox News and in MAGA America to show that he is up for it.

Only he and Jill know whether he is capable of doing that.

The stakes require that they are honest with us about it. And that starts with President Biden being honest with himself.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
tech37

Post by tech37 »

old salt wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:40 am

Truer words have not been spoken. Let's not forget their indulgent rite... "the end justifies the means"
Last edited by tech37 on Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I watched the first 20 minutes. My wife looked at me and said " your really watching this crap" that was my cue to go to bed. For a guy who spent 7 days in intense preparation Joe fell flat on his face. Hopefully the Democrats have to be willing to go to the bullpen, Bidens arm is shot. It took me 20 minutes to realize this debate was a debacle all around. As I watch NBC news this morning, an MD lax fan approved news source, the anchors are scrambling to regroup and put the best face on this performance by Joe.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
DMac

Post by DMac »

old salt wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:40 am It will be fascinating to see what the Dems do next, maybe even historic.
That's doubtful, it's likely they'll just do the same o', same o', business as usual just as the Rs will with the
candidate you've stated several times (and is blatantly obvious to millions upon millions) is unfit for office.
This is the best we've got to offer. Snake oil or Geritol, choose your poison.
old salt

Post by old salt »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:48 am I truly fear for what America might become for my children and grandchildren, and for America as I’ve known...
You should, for a lot of reasons that are not Trump. He's just the inevitable reaction.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Wait - I thought we have been told by gaslighting KJP that all those clips of Joe were Deep Fakes, and all the backlash even in this boards when it was mentioned about Joe's decline. I suppose you all believe it now.

Maybe a group 'reset' hug is in order....call a truce, and understand that even people like me, OS, Cradle, Joe, ONWWR, et. al, are observant and care enough about the US to want better.

I shall call it "The Great FanLax Reset" - let's attempt to acknowledge the good intentions in others before we throw barbs?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Every Democrat in America should be shouting at the top of their lungs....

Hey hey ho ho Joe Biden has got to go. Time for Joe to take one for the team.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

LOL.

Trump lied and rambled incoherently, ignored questions to say whatever he wanted; refused to acknowledge the events of January 6, 2021; and refused to commit to accepting the result of the 2024 presidential election, finally saying he would accept it only if it met his standards for fairness.

He is drinking your milkshake.

Return to “POLITICS”