Israel and West Bank Settlements

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: From Spielberg's “Munich”

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

a fan wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 1:17 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:52 am “Ambushed and slaughtered again, while the rest of the world is playing games--Olympic torches and brass bands—and dead Jews in Germany. And the world couldn’t care less.”

Golda Meir commenting on the world’s reaction after 11 Jews participating in the Olympics were executed.

In one form or another--I’m hoping it doesn’t happen again in France.
McKay's coverage with his "they're all gone" line, is etched in my memory...... I was only 6 years old when that happened.

Security will be full on bananas in France.
Yes--that was a very powerful way he put it at the time. I just saw the replay of it again yesterday at the beginning of the Munich film I mentioned. It was especially shocking because initial reports had the eleven hostages all safe.

I hope you're right, though I have to think some form hatred toward Jews will rear its ugly head at some point during the proceedings, especially given the political climate in the Middle East and Europe at present.
PizzaSnake

Re: Israel and Zionism

Post by PizzaSnake »

Hmm. Lobbying or interference with American civil society and its constitutional rights?

I’d say this is over the line.

“ Chikli has since led a targeted push to counter critics of Israel. The Guardian has uncovered evidence showing how Israel has relaunched a controversial entity as part of a broader public relations campaign to target US college campuses and redefine antisemitism in US law.

Seconds after a smoke alarm subsided during the hearing, Chikli assured the lawmakers that there was new money in the budget for a pushback campaign, which was separate from more traditional public relations and paid advertising content produced by the government. It included 80 programs already under way for advocacy efforts “to be done in the ‘Concert’ way”, he said.

The “Concert” remark referred to a sprawling relaunch of a controversial Israeli government program initially known as Kela Shlomo, designed to carry out what Israel called “mass consciousness activities” targeted largely at the US and Europe. Concert, now known as Voices of Israel, previously worked with groups spearheading a campaign to pass so-called “anti-BDS” state laws that penalize Americans for engaging in boycotts or other non-violent protests of Israel.

Its latest incarnation is part of a hardline and sometimes covert operation by the Israeli government to strike back at student protests, human rights organizations and other voices of dissent.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/artic ... tisemitism
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 1:32 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:52 am “Ambushed and slaughtered again, while the rest of the world is playing games--Olympic torches and brass bands—and dead Jews in Germany. And the world couldn’t care less.”

Golda Meir commenting on the world’s reaction after 11 Jews participating in the Olympics were executed.

McKay's coverage with his "they're all gone" line, is etched in my memory...... I was only 6 years old when that happened.

Yes--that was a very powerful way he put it at the time. I just saw the replay of it again yesterday at the beginning of the Munich film I mentioned. It was especially shocking because initial reports had the eleven hostages all safe.

I hope you're right, though I have to think some form hatred toward Jews will rear its ugly head at some point during the proceedings, especially given the political climate in the Middle East and Europe at present.
I agree that it's more likely than not, though hopefully not with such bloody consequences. But hard to imagine at the very least protestors not using the attention of the world to make their voices heard. And there's undoubtedly some very bad actors who could use this as cover for much worse acts than loudly protesting against Israel and its policies and for Palestinian sovereignty. Hope they're unsuccessful, but it would be surprising if they didn't try.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:57 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 1:32 pm

I agree that it's more likely than not, though hopefully not with such bloody consequences. But hard to imagine at the very least protestors using the attention of the world to make their voices heard. And there's undoubtedly some very bad actors who could use this as cover for much worse acts than loudly protesting against Israel and its policies and for Palestinian sovereignty. Hope they're unsuccessful, but it would be surprising if they didn't try.
More will be revealed. One thing for certain is an actual bona fide peace agreement will not happen until much more is spilled.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:32 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:15 am Israeli MP galls for Gaza to be erased from the face of the Earth. https://www.commondreams.org/news/israel-gaza-genocide

More Israeli politicians calling for "erasing the Gaza Strip from the face of the earth" and to drop a nuclear bomb on Gaza - https://apnews.com/article/israel-pales ... 0f8a030724

Weird that.
Protip: if you don't want people to threaten to wipe you off the face of the Earth?

Don't use the slogan "From the River to the Sea"....and say that slogan over and over, all over the world, like you're talking about taking the Wine Trail in Napa Valley......instead of talking about massacring every Jewish person in Israel.
... the Israeli right is just as guilty of using the same phrase .... :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:55 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:55 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:59 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:04 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:14 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:51 am I must have missed Americas news anchor report where Hamas has dialed back its promise to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. How is Israel suppose to address that promise from Hamas and other terrorist groups? Let me guess.. a cease fire so Hamas can get their chit together and continue to kill Jews. Y'all may despise Bibi. He doesn't play the game y'all want him to play. Hamas started this war and Bibi doesn't play by your rules. The Palestinians chose Hamas to represent them. Hamas doesn't give 2 chits about dead Palestinians. The end justifies the means. I keep wondering why all of the elitist liberals on this forum could care less about Hamas hiding behind the skirts of the Palestinian people? Rhetorical question, the forum liberals don't care about the Palestinian people any more than Hamas does. Bibi may not be able to eliminate Hamas. He does have the ability to make them a shell of what they were. Always remember....WAR IS HELL. Those aren't my words but they they are still just as true today as they ever were.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again....we Americans behaved FAR worse when we were hit on 9/11.

War in Afghanistan and Iraq. Droning. Wiping out ISIS. All of these had MASSIVE civilian casualties. And most of these operations had multiple countries helping us wage war.

No one complained, save the far, far left.
At the same time the bad actors weren't threatening to wipe us off the face of the earth. They sent the message of the extent of their hatred towards the USA. How many more times do I have to say it a Fan...WAR IS HELL. We didn't have any military reason to fire bomb Dresden outside of Churchill wanting revenge for the V1 and V2 attacks on England. The US had no military significant reason to firebomb Tokyo. Roosevelt had no justification for sending Japanese Americans to internment camps. I could go on and on and on. War is Hell my man and often times the rule book gets kicked to the curb. If any one on this forum expects that fact to change they are fools. That doesn't make it palatable but it never will change the reality about what happens when war becomes the first option. When folks finally understand what Gen. Sherman so boldly and clearly stated then and only then the message will sink in.
So, what does the phrase “war crime” mean to you and how should it be defined? Geneva Convention and its stipulations re non-combatants?

Or are there no rules?
The rules also say you don't use innocent civilians as human shields. It looks like you either don't know or don't care. Your throwing the term " war crime" around rather loosey goosey without an apparent understanding that Hamas is deliberately putting human lives in harms way. If Hamas is itching so badly to fight the Israeli Army then stop being cowards and come out and fight. FTR do you think Hamas cares how many Palestinians die so they can conduct their war against Israeli?
War is Hell my man and the rules only become relevant when both sides obey them. That is a concept that is not that difficult to understand.
Really? Interesting notion. I don’t agree with this position.
... a moronic notion. :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:25 pm Hmm. Lobbying or interference with American civil society and its constitutional rights?

I’d say this is over the line.

“ Chikli has since led a targeted push to counter critics of Israel. The Guardian has uncovered evidence showing how Israel has relaunched a controversial entity as part of a broader public relations campaign to target US college campuses and redefine antisemitism in US law.

Seconds after a smoke alarm subsided during the hearing, Chikli assured the lawmakers that there was new money in the budget for a pushback campaign, which was separate from more traditional public relations and paid advertising content produced by the government. It included 80 programs already under way for advocacy efforts “to be done in the ‘Concert’ way”, he said.

The “Concert” remark referred to a sprawling relaunch of a controversial Israeli government program initially known as Kela Shlomo, designed to carry out what Israel called “mass consciousness activities” targeted largely at the US and Europe. Concert, now known as Voices of Israel, previously worked with groups spearheading a campaign to pass so-called “anti-BDS” state laws that penalize Americans for engaging in boycotts or other non-violent protests of Israel.

Its latest incarnation is part of a hardline and sometimes covert operation by the Israeli government to strike back at student protests, human rights organizations and other voices of dissent.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/artic ... tisemitism
... there is no question that Israel has its propaganda machine directed at the US as well as its foreign agents directed at US private citizens. Israeli right-wing scum. The Israeli government is no better than Hamas. A pox on both their houses.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Former Shin-Bet chief says Bibi must go, now. This war is only about Bibi's desire to remain in power and stay out of jail! Not exactly news to those of us who have brains. Ami Ayalon is saying what many of us on the left have been saying since this war began!
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:59 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:55 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:55 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:59 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:04 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:14 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:51 am I must have missed Americas news anchor report where Hamas has dialed back its promise to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. How is Israel suppose to address that promise from Hamas and other terrorist groups? Let me guess.. a cease fire so Hamas can get their chit together and continue to kill Jews. Y'all may despise Bibi. He doesn't play the game y'all want him to play. Hamas started this war and Bibi doesn't play by your rules. The Palestinians chose Hamas to represent them. Hamas doesn't give 2 chits about dead Palestinians. The end justifies the means. I keep wondering why all of the elitist liberals on this forum could care less about Hamas hiding behind the skirts of the Palestinian people? Rhetorical question, the forum liberals don't care about the Palestinian people any more than Hamas does. Bibi may not be able to eliminate Hamas. He does have the ability to make them a shell of what they were. Always remember....WAR IS HELL. Those aren't my words but they they are still just as true today as they ever were.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again....we Americans behaved FAR worse when we were hit on 9/11.

War in Afghanistan and Iraq. Droning. Wiping out ISIS. All of these had MASSIVE civilian casualties. And most of these operations had multiple countries helping us wage war.

No one complained, save the far, far left.
At the same time the bad actors weren't threatening to wipe us off the face of the earth. They sent the message of the extent of their hatred towards the USA. How many more times do I have to say it a Fan...WAR IS HELL. We didn't have any military reason to fire bomb Dresden outside of Churchill wanting revenge for the V1 and V2 attacks on England. The US had no military significant reason to firebomb Tokyo. Roosevelt had no justification for sending Japanese Americans to internment camps. I could go on and on and on. War is Hell my man and often times the rule book gets kicked to the curb. If any one on this forum expects that fact to change they are fools. That doesn't make it palatable but it never will change the reality about what happens when war becomes the first option. When folks finally understand what Gen. Sherman so boldly and clearly stated then and only then the message will sink in.
So, what does the phrase “war crime” mean to you and how should it be defined? Geneva Convention and its stipulations re non-combatants?

Or are there no rules?
The rules also say you don't use innocent civilians as human shields. It looks like you either don't know or don't care. Your throwing the term " war crime" around rather loosey goosey without an apparent understanding that Hamas is deliberately putting human lives in harms way. If Hamas is itching so badly to fight the Israeli Army then stop being cowards and come out and fight. FTR do you think Hamas cares how many Palestinians die so they can conduct their war against Israeli?
War is Hell my man and the rules only become relevant when both sides obey them. That is a concept that is not that difficult to understand.
Really? Interesting notion. I don’t agree with this position.
... a moronic notion. :roll:
Still using that doctorate as a door stop I see. 8-) If you only had a brain ? You and the scarecrow both need to see the wizard of oz.
Bob Ross:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

“ Israel’s Supreme Court on Tuesday ruled that the military must begin drafting ultra-Orthodox Jewish men, a decision that threatened to split Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s coalition government amid the war in Gaza.

In a unanimous decision, nine judges held that there was no legal basis for the longstanding military exemption given to many ultra-Orthodox religious students. Given the absence of a law distinguishing between seminarians and other men of draft age, the court ruled, the country’s compulsory service laws must similarly apply to the ultra-Orthodox minority.

In a country where military service is compulsory for most Jewish men and women, the exemption for the ultra-Orthodox has long been a source of contention for secular Israelis. But anger over the group’s special treatment has grown as the war in Gaza has stretched into its ninth month, requiring tens of thousands of reservists to serve multiple tours and costing the lives of hundreds of soldiers.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/25/worl ... court.html
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:30 am “ Israel’s Supreme Court on Tuesday ruled that the military must begin drafting ultra-Orthodox Jewish men, a decision that threatened to split Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s coalition government amid the war in Gaza.

In a unanimous decision, nine judges held that there was no legal basis for the longstanding military exemption given to many ultra-Orthodox religious students. Given the absence of a law distinguishing between seminarians and other men of draft age, the court ruled, the country’s compulsory service laws must similarly apply to the ultra-Orthodox minority.

In a country where military service is compulsory for most Jewish men and women, the exemption for the ultra-Orthodox has long been a source of contention for secular Israelis. But anger over the group’s special treatment has grown as the war in Gaza has stretched into its ninth month, requiring tens of thousands of reservists to serve multiple tours and costing the lives of hundreds of soldiers.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/25/worl ... court.html
This will now stop the Israeli assault
OuttaNowhereWregget

"I don't know if there's any other nation in the world that hates war more than we do. Even all those that preach to us and so on. But it's conscious of the fact that--either or. Either we're capable of defending ourselves or we're gone."

--Golda Meir
OuttaNowhereWregget

A Victory to Celebrate! Mazel Tov Congressman Elect Latimer!

AP calls NY primary race for Latimer, spelling defeat for anti-Israel incumbent Bowman

By AP and TOI STAFF

The Associated Press has called the primary race between incumbent Jamal Bowman and George Latimer for the challenger in a Democratic battle that highlighted the party’s deep divisions over the war in Gaza.

Latimer, a pro-Israel centrist, holds 55 percent of the vote, with 51% of ballots counted.

With the victory, Latimer has almost certainly ousted one of the most liberal voices in Congress and one of its most outspoken critics of Israel. Bowman has accused Israel of committing genocide in Gaza, where thousands of Palestinians have died in military strikes.

Latimer is a former state legislator who has served as Westchester County executive since 2018.

Bowman had been seeking a third term, representing a district in New York City’s northern suburbs. His defeat is a blow to the party’s progressive wing and a potential cautionary tale for candidates trying to shape their messaging around the Israel-Hamas conflict.
OuttaNowhereWregget

And in spite of this foolishness, or maybe because of it--the Jew-hater Bowman is OUT. Yo, yo! AOC! I guess your endorsement don't mean JACK! So much for the "Squad"!

https://x.com/avivaklompas/status/18054 ... 54658?s=46

On another note, Michael Rapaport is reveling in Bowman's ouster. A lot of fun to laugh and celebrate along with him (on Twitter, of course). But a lot of fun, nonetheless.

https://x.com/MichaelRapaport/status/18 ... 2681010217
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I know the useful college idiots are not in school right now. They need to return to campus and re- energize their protests reaffirming their hatred of the Jews. Hitler would have wanted it that way. Eighty years later they are still doing the fuehrers bidding. DEPLORABLE!!!
Bob Ross:
OuttaNowhereWregget

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:51 am I know the useful college idiots are not in school right now. They need to return to campus and re- energize their protests reaffirming their hatred of the Jews. Hitler would have wanted it that way. Eighty years later they are still doing the fuehrers bidding. DEPLORABLE!!!
I saw a clip yesterday from some Jew-hating leader of Islam on some Arab TV station or whatnot saying that college students in the West are essentially "good for business" in keeping up the hate against Israel and helping their Death to Israel cause. Nice, huh? I went looking for it again but couldn't find it. I'll keep looking. If I find it I'll post the link.
OuttaNowhereWregget

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:11 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:51 am I know the useful college idiots are not in school right now. They need to return to campus and re- energize their protests reaffirming their hatred of the Jews. Hitler would have wanted it that way. Eighty years later they are still doing the fuehrers bidding. DEPLORABLE!!!
I saw a clip yesterday from some Jew-hating leader of Islam on some Arab TV station or whatnot saying that college students in the West are essentially "good for business" in keeping up the hate against Israel and helping their Death to Israel cause. Nice, huh? I went looking for it again but couldn't find it. I'll keep looking. If I find it I'll post the link.
Here's a few. Not the one I was looking for but... I'll keep my eye out.

https://x.com/persianjewess/status/1792958951304339898

https://x.com/leekern13/status/1782688038621000010

https://x.com/CampusJewHate/status/1796035170010603852
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Can't wait for Republicans to start rejecting more extreme candidates in favor of more centrist ones. I'm sure it'll happen any day now...

(Meanwhile Boebert wins her primary...)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:48 am

Hitler would have been so very proud. It took a few generations but der fuehrers vision is being reconstituted on elite universities all over America. Hate the Jews... Kill the Jews. Maybe a good omen is Hitlers protege Jamal Bowman going down in flames. Talk about a guy with potty mouth. That video of the squad member AOC screeching like an insane lunatic is a a classic.
Bob Ross:
OuttaNowhereWregget

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:24 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:48 am

Hitler would have been so very proud. It took a few generations but der fuehrers vision is being reconstituted on elite universities all over America. Hate the Jews... Kill the Jews. Maybe a good omen is Hitlers protege Lamaar Booker going down in flames. Talk about a guy with potty mouth. That video of the squad member AOC screeching like an insane lunatic is a a classic.
Interesting too--Qatar is pouring millions of dollars into American universities. Northwestern made the news last month. I've heard Yale has or is taking money as well. So, no shock that students are (eagerly) being indoctrinated.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/nor ... ar-report/

Return to “POLITICS”