The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:51 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:41 pm These people

Don't see this as any different than Cotillion or Bar/Bat M., Confirmation, whatever.

All these religious ceremonies can look a wee bit weird to outsiders.

It's their kids. This is America. All I ask if that folks remember this stuff when they make the utterly ridiculous claim that the left indoctrinates kids.

Pot. Kettle.
I participated in a Debutant Ball. Whenever I hear a party song on the radio it takes me right back. Every Sunday for 4 months we practiced to that stupid song. I got to that ball from a link to that Pediatrician group.
“I wish you would!”
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Do their sons go to a similar event and provide a similar commitment to their mothers?
Typical Lax Dad

SCLaxAttack wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 11:00 pm

Do their sons go to a similar event and provide a similar commitment to their mothers?
https://religiondispatches.org/pledging ... ity-balls/

We need more of this in government.

“The women who take virginity pledges and go to purity balls are promising that their bodies aren’t their own, but instead belong to their fathers and future husbands.”

The guy running for the Governor of North Carolina pretty much said the same thing. Pastor Mark.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

:lol: :lol: You guys are sick. Anything to tear down Christianity. God forbid, a Father raise their child with values, rather than give a bj and get banged at an early age...I suppose its far better to not have a father mentor their child...btw, how's that been working out? :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:10 am :lol: :lol: You guys are sick. Anything to tear down Christianity. God forbid, a Father raise their child with values, rather than give a bj and get banged at an early age...I suppose its far better to not have a father mentor their child...btw, how's that been working out? :lol:
This is NOT "Christianity".
Full stop.

This is extreme patriarchy. Cult-like.

Religion is just the mask.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:14 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:10 am :lol: :lol: You guys are sick. Anything to tear down Christianity. God forbid, a Father raise their child with values, rather than give a bj and get banged at an early age...I suppose its far better to not have a father mentor their child...btw, how's that been working out? :lol:
Full stop.

:roll:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
DMac

Post by DMac »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:10 am God forbid, a Father raise their child with values, rather than give a bj and get banged at an early age...I suppose its far better to not have a father mentor their child...btw, how's that been working out? :lol:
No, youth, this is just is wrong. What you mean to say here is God forbid a father raise their child with values that differ from mine. MDlax is 100% right, and further, I believe you set your daughter up to be abused, manipulated, and controlled by men
raising them with this mentality.
Questions: Are they allowed to have vibrators prior to their ownership being transferred from father to husband?
They required to apply a mixture of Analgesic and hot sauce to their hands and fingers any time they have unpure
thoughts prior to new ownership?
Sooooooooooooooo very wrong....well, through the eyes of the non-cultists anyway.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DMac wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:17 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:10 am God forbid, a Father raise their child with values, rather than give a bj and get banged at an early age...I suppose its far better to not have a father mentor their child...btw, how's that been working out? :lol:
No, youth, this is just is wrong. What you mean to say here is God forbid a father raise their child with values that differ from mine. MDlax is 100% right, and further, I believe you set your daughter up to be abused, manipulated, and controlled by men
raising them with this mentality.
Questions: Are they allowed to have vibrators prior to their ownership being transferred from father to husband?
They required to apply a mixture of Analgesic and hot sauce to their hands and fingers any time they have unpure
thoughts prior to new ownership?
Sooooooooooooooo very wrong....well, through the eyes of the non-cultists anyway.
I get it, it certainly depends on which set of lens you view this. Last I checked, teaching abstinence until marriage was not a bad thing, how that is viewed in a negative connotation is beyond me.
~Livy

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 11:09 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 11:00 pm

https://religiondispatches.org/pledging ... ity-balls/

We need more of this in government.

“The women who take virginity pledges and go to purity balls are promising that their bodies aren’t their own, but instead belong to their fathers and future husbands.”

The guy running for the Governor of North Carolina pretty much said the same thing. Pastor Mark.
Hell, I grew up a young Catholic boy who was dedicated all through HS of ending the scourge of virginity among young Catholic girls. It turns out a lot of those young Catholic girls are just as horny as young Catholic boys. Boy if I had ever brought that up in confession? I would be reciting Our Fathers and Hail Marys still today.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
DMac

Post by DMac »

I'd guess that the vast majority still teach/encourage abstinence (probably more so with daughters than sons...just the way it is) particularly so with teens. Until marriage? C'mon, this is to deny human nature and desires.
Americans are delaying (or putting off altogether) getting married for longer than before, according to data from the U.S. Census Bureau. The median average age for men to first get married has risen to 30.2 years in 2023, while for women the figure is 28.4 years.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:37 am
Full stop.

Roll your eyes all you want but this level of extremism, claiming 'Christian values', is a very, very small portion of "Christianity". Most Christians today disagree with such extremism.

Note, you can find quite similar extremist 'values' in other religions' 'claims', all about control of women by men.

It's all about power.
And as far as I'm concerned, this is about man's will, not what I understand to be God's will.
Pushing this further, I see "Satan" in such extremism, certainly not Jesus.

You and I likely agree a lot about how mothers AND fathers should teach and advise our children with regard to sexual matters, as we would likely both emphasize that sex is important and far more valuable as an expression of love than merely for pleasure. Moreover, we would want our children, girls and boys, to well understand the various risks of sex, physical and emotional, and I would hope that we would both emphasize the importance of independent decision making and respect for others, putting the interests of others above one's own immediate desires.

However, I certainly would not include abstinence before marriage as a protection against sin and shame as I don't consider sex to be sinful or shameful.

Rather I think sexual pleasure is God-given and natural and that pleasure with another, with both exercising full independent consent, can be particularly fulfilling as part of one's maturation, including prior to marriage. Of course, I also see marriage as a super important lifelong commitment, not to be entered lightly and certainly not to be entered without full adult consent, and super importantly, it must be based in love and respect.

This purity cult extremism emphasizes father's and husband's control over their daughters' decision-making, and that's an anthema to me. Fathers should have no greater role than mothers in these matters, indeed, if anything, mothers should have more influence given the greater repercussions women face physically and socially in the decisions they make, given the way our society is still ordered. they have much to offer in perspective, one would hope. That's not meaning an abdication of fathers' influence, simply that fathers should definitely have no greater voice in such counsel to their daughters and sons. Ultimately, neither parent should exercise control of their children's decisions through shame or force.

I certainly have no argument with maturing young people, boys and girls, deciding for themselves that they wish to save sexual acts with another for those they feel they are committed to, including aiming to do so through marriage. But I would never demand such.

Like DMAC, I think that this purity garbage with fathers to husbands is setting up abuse of daughters and wives.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:33 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:37 am
Full stop.

Roll your eyes all you want but this level of extremism, claiming 'Christian values', is a very, very small portion of "Christianity". Most Christians today disagree with such extremism.

Note, you can find quite similar extremist 'values' in other religions' 'claims', all about control of women by men.

It's all about power.
And as far as I'm concerned, this is about man's will, not what I understand to be God's will.
Pushing this further, I see "Satan" in such extremism, certainly not Jesus.

You and I likely agree a lot about how mothers AND fathers should teach and advise our children with regard to sexual matters, as we would likely both emphasize that sex is important and far more valuable as an expression of love than merely for pleasure. Moreover, we would want our children, girls and boys, to well understand the various risks of sex, physical and emotional, and I would hope that we would both emphasize the importance of independent decision making and respect for others, putting the interests of others above one's own immediate desires.

However, I certainly would not include abstinence before marriage as a protection against sin and shame as I don't consider sex to be sinful or shameful.

Rather I think sexual pleasure is God-given and natural and that pleasure with another, with both exercising full independent consent, can be particularly fulfilling as part of one's maturation, including prior to marriage. Of course, I also see marriage as a super important lifelong commitment, not to be entered lightly and certainly not to be entered without full adult consent, and super importantly, it must be based in love and respect.

This purity cult extremism emphasizes father's and husband's control over their daughters' decision-making, and that's an anthema to me. Fathers should have no greater role than mothers in these matters, indeed, if anything, mothers should have more influence given the greater repercussions women face physically and socially in the decisions they make, given the way our society is still ordered. they have much to offer in perspective, one would hope. That's not meaning an abdication of fathers' influence, simply that fathers should definitely have no greater voice in such counsel to their daughters and sons. Ultimately, neither parent should exercise control of their children's decisions through shame or force.

I certainly have no argument with maturing young people, boys and girls, deciding for themselves that they wish to save sexual acts with another for those they feel they are committed to, including aiming to do so through marriage. But I would never demand such.

Like DMAC, I think that this purity garbage with fathers to husbands is setting up abuse of daughters and wives.
https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/conten ... t-to-unde/

We have a faction of American “Christians”, that would be perfectly happy with a Taliban type system here.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:03 am I'd guess that the vast majority still teach/encourage abstinence (probably more so with daughters than sons...just the way it is) particularly so with teens. Until marriage? C'mon, this is to deny human nature and desires.
Americans are delaying (or putting off altogether) getting married for longer than before, according to data from the U.S. Census Bureau. The median average age for men to first get married has risen to 30.2 years in 2023, while for women the figure is 28.4 years.
One of my college teammates abstained until marriage. One of the hottest girls on campus pursued him. She was even attending bible study sessions with him. He didn’t give in and ended up marrying his high school girlfriend. We razzed him in college but he was a good guy.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 1:34 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:03 am I'd guess that the vast majority still teach/encourage abstinence (probably more so with daughters than sons...just the way it is) particularly so with teens. Until marriage? C'mon, this is to deny human nature and desires.
One of my college teammates abstained until marriage. One of the hottest girls on campus pursued him. She was even attending bible study sessions with him. He didn’t give in and ended up marrying his high school girlfriend. We razzed him in college but he was a good guy.
Impressive man.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Hopefully they're still going strong?
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 2:03 pm
Hopefully they're still going strong?
Yes. He was doing well the last time we spoke. He had a church in Florida and had raised some really nice kids. Really a good guy. Didn’t drink and didn’t chase tail in college. Nobody bothered him because he was just being him. We had enough characters to make up for him! The girl chasing him was top 5 on a campus full of beautiful girls. She was no “saint”…😀
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 1:49 pm
Impressive man.
why are we not surprised that you are impressed by him "razzing" another human .

Yeh, TLD....this was NOT your rapist friend.........you know, the friend of yours that raped someone ?

fact

not sure what not having sex, has to do with having sex with the same sex.

or hate.

oh.....right.....carry on.....THIS place if for haters........bye
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/21/science/ ... index.html

I actually saw two squirrels taking turns on each other in a tree once. They may have been drunk.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Don't find that too surprising, after all, they do have a real thing for nuts.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Anyone that’s been to a dog park knows this.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”