Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:48 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:24 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:13 pm FTR nobody knows for sure how many illegals are in the USA today. I have read that some estimates are as high as more than 35 million. Since nobody in our government knows where these illegals are an accurate accounting of them is not possible. Could be 12 million, could be 40 million. We will have to wait for the next census to get an accurate count...insert sarcasm font here. ;)
Baloney.
But hey, Elvis just got spotted again.
I heard there are 60 million illegal immigrants
Many pipple are sayin...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:57 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:13 pm FTR nobody knows for sure how many illegals are in the USA today. I have read that some estimates are as high as more than 35 million. Since nobody in our government knows where these illegals are an accurate accounting of them is not possible. Could be 12 million, could be 40 million. We will have to wait for the next census to get an accurate count...insert sarcasm font here. ;)
Baloney.
Estimates are estimates and what was Elvis doing at the southern border anyway? Looking for his blue suede shoes. So do you have an exact count?? You don't know the answer anymore than I do. I'm guessing that you believe what the Biden administration tells you, no surprise there..
Some food for thought for you keeper. There are a number of asylum seekers that have been relocated to Rochester. No one in any government capacity will even announce how many people there are and where they are located for that matter. If they can't be up front with people about that then why believe anything else we are being told? Should it be a " secret" how many asylum seekers have been relocated here and even more top secret what the plan is for the future. I mean even Elvis wants to know.
Sometimes I can't tell whether you're serious or not.
Or just seriously dumb. ;)

No one is changing the process of "estimating" the numbers from Administration to Administration to Administration.
The census is a pretty darn rigorous process and every state and county has an incentive to not undercount all residents whether documented or not.

Give or take a million, ballpark 12 million undocumented as of now. But growing, yes.
Pew has it a million lower, based on their research methodology.

The undocumented go both ways, in and back to their original countries, so it's not simply a matter of how many come across the border undocumented.

Here's a recent article in Axios that discusses the make-up of the undocumented.
https://www.axios.com/2023/11/16/us-imm ... w-research

Here's an article from the Texas Tribune : https://www.texastribune.org/2023/11/21 ... -research/

But just so you don't think I read right wing opinion pieces, here's a recent one from The Hill: Note, it's opinion, so no journalistic editorial requirement: https://thehill.com/opinion/4423296-mat ... the-start/

The right wing author makes a fallacious argument in his "estimates" based on the notion that if estimated border crossings north equal X and Y was the prior undocumented number (from actual counting), then the new number must be X + Y. Wrong, we expel undocumented each year and many leave of their own volition, some who had entered illegally and some who had overstayed their visas. The author ignores outbound altogether. He also suggests that the undocumented number declined in Trump's tenure but skips 2019-2020 when there was a major surge. All in his haste to completely fallaciously claim that undocumented have doubled during Biden's tenure.

So, sure, there are rigorous "estimates" and then there's partisan claptrap.

This is a serious issue that deserves serious policy reform, so, if we're going to have serious discussions, let's try to not just spout BS because it gives us jollies.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 2:24 pm
Baloney.
Estimates are estimates and what was Elvis doing at the southern border anyway? Looking for his blue suede shoes. So do you have an exact count?? You don't know the answer anymore than I do. I'm guessing that you believe what the Biden administration tells you, no surprise there..
Some food for thought for you keeper. There are a number of asylum seekers that have been relocated to Rochester. No one in any government capacity will even announce how many people there are and where they are located for that matter. If they can't be up front with people about that then why believe anything else we are being told? Should it be a " secret" how many asylum seekers have been relocated here and even more top secret what the plan is for the future. I mean even Elvis wants to know.

No one is changing the process of "estimating" the numbers from Administration to Administration to Administration.
The census is a pretty darn rigorous process and every state and county has an incentive to not undercount all residents whether documented or not.

Give or take a million, ballpark 12 million undocumented as of now. But growing, yes.

The undocumented go both ways, in and back to their original countries, so it's not simply a matter of how many come across the border undocumented.

Here's a recent article in Axios that discusses the make-up of the undocumented.

Here's an article from the Texas Tribune : https://www.texastribune.org/2023/11/21 ... -research/

But just so you don't think I read right wing opinion pieces, here's a recent one from The Hill: Note, it's opinion, so no journalistic editorial requirement: https://thehill.com/opinion/4423296-mat ... the-start/

The right wing author makes a fallacious argument in his "estimates" based on the notion that if estimated border crossings north equal X and Y was the prior undocumented number (from actual counting), then the new number must be X + Y. Wrong, we expel undocumented each year and many leave of their own volition, some who had entered illegally and some who had overstayed their visas. The author ignores outbound altogether. He also suggests that the undocumented number declined in Trump's tenure but skips 2019-2020 when there was a major surge. All in his haste to completely fallaciously claim that undocumented have doubled during Biden's tenure.

This is a serious issue that deserves serious policy reform, so, if we're going to have serious discussions, let's try to not just spout BS because it gives us jollies.
Just garden variety confirmation biases. We all “suffer” from this affliction, to one degree or another, depending on how the topic meshes with our “beliefs” (biases).
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 4:03 pm
Baloney.

Just garden variety confirmation biases. We all “suffer” from this affliction, to one degree or another, depending on how the topic meshes with our “beliefs” (biases).
Very fair.
Which, IMO, means that we should be open to recognizing and mediating such biases if credible countervailing information and logic is provided. Otherwise, all we're doing is yelling at one another, no learning. The operative word above is "try".
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Baloney.

Imagine that... you questioning my intelligence. :D Try rereading your own posts if you want an example of stupidity. :roll: Time for a bike ride amigo. Maybe stop and get an ice cream cone. The brain freeze might do you good. 8-)
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

So explain to me again why DFJ didn't do anything at the southern border 3 and a 1/2 years ago? Now that he is wallowing in the mess he created and he is getting his ass handed to him he has the brass balls to blame his failure on the Republicans. Why did it take you 3 and a 1/2 years? It's been blowing up in your face for that long and you did jack chit. However the upcoming chit show of a debate plays out trump will use DFJs failure, roll it up into a club and pummel DFJ with his own incompetence. It should be a real hoot this debate will be. The bleep button had better be on its A game. 8-)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:45 am
Baloney.

Imagine that... you questioning my intelligence. :D Try rereading your own posts if you want an example of stupidity. :roll: Time for a bike ride amigo. Maybe stop and get an ice cream cone. The brain freeze might do you good. 8-)
As I said, I just can't tell when you're being serious or not.
That alternative is only if you were being entirely "serious".
Another would be poorly informed.

But if you don't want to engage in a serious discussion of a serious topic, ok.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:00 am So explain to me again why DFJ didn't do anything at the southern border 3 and a 1/2 years ago? Now that he is wallowing in the mess he created and he is getting his ass handed to him he has the brass balls to blame his failure on the Republicans. Why did it take you 3 and a 1/2 years? It's been blowing up in your face for that long and you did jack chit. However the upcoming chit show of a debate plays out trump will use DFJs failure, roll it up into a club and pummel DFJ with his own incompetence. It should be a real hoot this debate will be. The bleep button had better be on its A game. 8-)
If that's a serious question, Biden and his team were very focused on other, in their opinion, far more pressing matters and opportunities. (Covid, precipice of economic meltdown, vaccine roll-out, infrastructure, strategic economic shift on chips, etc., student loan relief, Pharma pricing, and a SCOTUS nomination, exit from on the ground in ME; there's more but that's what comes to my mind quickly; and oh yeah, Ukraine.)

On the left, he and they did not get to voting and electoral reform, reversal of Trump tax cuts, the lack of low cost housing, and a number of other such wish list priorities others may wish to add).

That said, on day one of his term he sent Congress a blueprint for immigration reform. However, it wasn't on Congress' priority list at all.

In his own power, he reduced the inhumane treatment of asylum seekers, family separation, etc. However, ticking off the left, he left in place the Trump Executive Order using Covid as the excuse to immediately return immigrants, turn them away at the border. But that EO was eventually defeated in court as not legal, so that removed that barrier....and still it wasn't on Congress' priority list.

And then the House control flipped. As things intensified at the border, finally the Senate came up with a bi-partisan plan to fund border security massively more, supported by Biden, but Trump ordered his acolytes in Congress to oppose it. And Hamas attacked. And the House refused to fund Ukraine. Immigration definitely off the table, but much bigger issues on the table for the Admin than the continuing surge of migrants.

Finally Biden has taken some EO actions, but with no funding from Congress...but this EO will lose in court as well... this Admin actually knows they will but the politics are super pressing and the problem is real.

But Congress, owned by MAGA, won't act. Under Trump orders.

So, they do something they know won't stand up legally. And ticking off the lefties.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

:lol: Did Karine Jean-Pierre write that for you.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:42 pm :lol: Did Karine Jean-Pierre write that for you.
:lol:

Biden chose to stick it to trump and reverse what trump had attempted to do at the southern border. What he did blew up in his face as trump would say HUGELY. The icing on the cake was Biden blaming his screw up on the Republicans. He didn't even have the giblets to man up to his collosal mistake. There have been so many Biden mistakes it's understandable that he can't remember all of them.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Baloney.

just sickened by your constant abuse towards others.

and never a warning.........so lame, admin is.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:42 pm :lol: Did Karine Jean-Pierre write that for you.
:D

She'd have spun way, way harder and not admitted various motivations.
I consider what I wrote a darn straight recitation of the factors at play.

Feel free to take exception to anything specific, just stick to the facts though, please.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:23 am
Baloney.

just sickened by your constant abuse towards others.

and never a warning.........so lame, admin is.
yeah, I'm terribly rude with Cradle. "abuse" :roll:

cradle, you feeling abused? ;)

I winked at him. And addressed his error and his comments seriously and respectfully.

But ok, you do you.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Robberies are up 300% over the last year, police attribute it to migrant influx to NYC.....shhhhh, don't tell Mayorkis or MDlaxfan and his fanlax fluffers: They are just here for a better life; of crime. ;) :?

https://x.com/EndWokeness/status/1806288423096922300
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Those darned lawyers and judges helping out the migrant criminals: https://x.com/BillMelugin_/status/1806406921743655125
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Man suffocated woman on her 21st birthday and buried her body in a Syracuse park, prosecutor says: https://www.syracuse.com/news/2024/06/m ... -park.html

Chacaguasay-Ilbis travelled to the United States last year and surrendered himself at the border, Williams said. He was released, Williams said, and may be applying for asylum
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Turkish migrant arrested for allegedly raping 15-year-old girl in his car in Albany: https://nypost.com/2024/06/27/us-news/i ... n-his-car/

Court records show Akkan has an address listed in Troy, NY, but he is not a US citizen.

He was arrested by US Border Patrol agents on Nov. 5 last year after crossing into San Diego, California, illegally, a Homeland Security source told The Post.

Akkan informed agents he was trying to get to Philadelphia but failed to provide an address.

Just days later, he was released on his own recognizance due to a lack of bed space and ordered to appear in a Philadelphia court on Feb. 19, 2025, the source added.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Might have saved a life in your family.....

https://x.com/CBPPortDirNOG/status/1805702824694792427

CBP officers at the Nogales POE seized:
Fentanyl pills (approx)
5/31: 112,680
6/1: 30,600
6/3: 277,650
6/11: 414,225
6/21: 513,675
6/22: 596,700
6/22: 20,250
6/24: 110,475
Total: 2,076,255
Plus 604 lbs meth, 6 lbs heroin, and 6 lbs cocaine. 12 loads, all deep concealment methods.
~Livy
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

If we eliminate illegal immigration, we will also eliminate rape, murder and illegal drugs!

Return to “POLITICS”