The Independent State Legislature Doctrine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: SCOTUS

Post by a fan »

seacoaster wrote:
a fan wrote:
seacoaster wrote:The damage that Kavanaugh has done to the Court he supposedly reveres will be lasting and maybe irreparable -- if he gets confirmed.
Clarance Thomas has already done that.
Disagree old friend and distiller. Thomas was truculent and angry and said the famous phrase. But I don't think he called up the recent election, political payback by the Clintons, or chastised the Bluecoats so vehemently, so full of partisan vitriol. This performance -- and that is the difference between him and Dr. Ford; his was theatre -- was remarkable and malignant
Clearly I didn't see his full testimony. Appreciate the correction. Only just now hearing the "have you" remark. Yikes. Not exactly even tempered response to a sitting Senator.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

tech37 wrote:
seriously? wrote:
He sneered in response, “Have you?” It was a moment of singular cruelty and disrespect. One saw a flash in the exchange with Klobuchar the same sense of entitlement...
I don't know how any woman could watch that exchange and not feel the deep-rooted misogyny and total disrespect just hiding right below the surface.
I'm not sticking up for him but let's be accurate...Klobuchar didn't mention her alcoholic parent until after K apologized. He didn't say "have you?" knowing that personal info.
Respectfully, not so. She informs him well before that part of the exchange that her father, who is 90, was an alcoholic:

Here's the clip: https://www.wdio.com/politics/kavanaugh ... g/5087638/
ggait

Post by ggait »

Ford says 100% it was Kav. Kav says 100% it wasn't him. They both literally used the words 100%. Tough situation.

You know, wouldn't it be nice if there was maybe some kind of federal agency or office that could help out with this? Like maybe some kind of bureau that did investigations? So they could talk to the eye witnesses?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

runrussellrun wrote:
a fan wrote:
thatsmell wrote:The Dr was extremely credible, IMO.
Regardless if she can't name a time, date and place.
Lindsay Graham is rightfully upset because Feinstein did use her as a pawn and kept her complaint in the dark to pull a last minute "gotcha" when she could have brought the issue to light earlier,before BKL was nominated.
Graham has a serious, valid point. Until he then said that he is going to go ahead and confirm BK to teach the Dems a lesson for playing politics.
:lol: A valid point? How soon we forget. Why do you think there's an opening on the court in the first place? That's right. Because Graham and his fellow Republican wankers decided to "play politics" and deny Garland a vote. Any tears for Garland?

If Graham had "played fair", Garland would already be on the bench, and none of this Kavanaugh stuff would ever have happened. Kavanaugh would be a well paid judge enjoying his career.

In short, F you, Graham, you hypocritical moron that's too stupid to understand his own hypocrisy.

Edit to add, ThatSmell-----wanted to make it clear, since I didn't put it in words, that I thought what Feinstein did was disgusting. She's as big of a POS as there is on the hill, and sandbagging both Kavanaugh and Dr. Ford by holding on to Fords story until it was maximum political benefit is as low as it gets. I hope Ford figures out what Feinstein did and why she did it, and pens one hell of an op-ed. However.....Feinstein not the only POS in that room, is my point.
Well paid :lol: $200k in the DC area is a joke. What, is he taking the MARC train from Harper Ferry of Hagerstown? Prep schools ain't cheap. I guess Woodward, BCC or Churchill are good enough though. Not Perry Hall though. Linganore to far? Tough to pay the mortgage in Chevy Chase taking home only $140K

Afan, I think we agree. I get the Dems are still ticked about Garland. I saw the live Graham interview. He was personally moved by the Dr’s testimony. He had the opportunity to put it all behind and do the right thing. But if his last comment holds true, he’s back in the oneupanship game. He was more ticked he got outplayed by Feinstein. Who was willing to use the DR for her purpose. An embarrassment. Moreso that this fact will probably be swept under the mat. The republicans have/ had a chance to do the right thing. But if Graham is the barometer, this cycle of win at all costs or obstruct will continue.
This November, Throw all the incumbents out.
Last edited by thatsmell on Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

seacoaster wrote:
tech37 wrote:
seriously? wrote:
He sneered in response, “Have you?” It was a moment of singular cruelty and disrespect. One saw a flash in the exchange with Klobuchar the same sense of entitlement...
I don't know how any woman could watch that exchange and not feel the deep-rooted misogyny and total disrespect just hiding right below the surface.
I'm not sticking up for him but let's be accurate...Klobuchar didn't mention her alcoholic parent until after K apologized. He didn't say "have you?" knowing that personal info.
Respectfully, not so. She informs him well before that part of the exchange that her father, who is 90, was an alcoholic:

BAM....thank you for the clip.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

thatsmell wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
a fan wrote:
Lindsay Graham is rightfully upset because Feinstein did use her as a pawn and kept her complaint in the dark to pull a last minute "gotcha" when she could have brought the issue to light earlier,before BKL was nominated.
Graham has a serious, valid point. Until he then said that he is going to go ahead and confirm BK to teach the Dems a lesson for playing politics.
:lol: A valid point? How soon we forget. Why do you think there's an opening on the court in the first place? That's right. Because Graham and his fellow Republican wankers decided to "play politics" and deny Garland a vote. Any tears for Garland?

If Graham had "played fair", Garland would already be on the bench, and none of this Kavanaugh stuff would ever have happened. Kavanaugh would be a well paid judge enjoying his career.

In short, F you, Graham, you hypocritical moron that's too stupid to understand his own hypocrisy.

Edit to add, ThatSmell-----wanted to make it clear, since I didn't put it in words, that I thought what Feinstein did was disgusting. She's as big of a POS as there is on the hill, and sandbagging both Kavanaugh and Dr. Ford by holding on to Fords story until it was maximum political benefit is as low as it gets. I hope Ford figures out what Feinstein did and why she did it, and pens one hell of an op-ed. However.....Feinstein not the only POS in that room, is my point.
Well paid :lol: $200k in the DC area is a joke. What, is he taking the MARC train from Harper Ferry of Hagerstown? Prep schools ain't cheap. I guess Woodward, BCC or Churchill are good enough though. Not Perry Hall though. Linganore to far? Tough to pay the mortgage in Chevy Chase taking home only $140K

Afan, we agree. Graham had the opportunity to put it all behind and do the right thing. But he’s back in the oneupanship game. The republicans have/ had a chance to do the right thing. But if Graham is the barometer, this cycle of win at all costs or obstruct will continue.
If they GOP pushes this through, for the first time in my life, I won't vote for a single Republican. A person would be hard pressed to make a determination of my "party affiliation" based on my voting history but I am not sure I will vote for a single Republican. Find a better candidate. This guy is not worthy. It was there for the world to see. Nominate a better conservative Judge. Goes on FoxNews, invokes Clintons, talks about a conspiracy.... this is a Supreme Court justice? This country has fallen.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

ggait wrote:Ford says 100% it was Kav. Kav says 100% it wasn't him. They both literally used the words 100%. Tough situation.

You know, wouldn't it be nice if there was maybe some kind of federal agency or office that could help out with this? Like maybe some kind of bureau that did investigations? So they could talk to the eye witnesses?
But, Kav's swore to casper the ghost (dog backwards) Did Ford? :roll:

Like I said, Kav will NEVER be confirmed, but for all the writeful wrong weasons. Now, about that federal budget and something about the last day of September.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:
a fan wrote:

Trust Fund.
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

seacoaster wrote:
tech37 wrote:
seriously? wrote:

I stand corrected...sorry...must have been the low point in hearing (one can only hope)
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
thatsmell wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
a fan wrote:

Afan, we agree. Graham had the opportunity to put it all behind and do the right thing. But he’s back in the oneupanship game. The republicans have/ had a chance to do the right thing. But if Graham is the barometer, this cycle of win at all costs or obstruct will continue.
If they GOP pushes this through, for the first time in my life, I won't vote for a single Republican. A person would be hard pressed to make a determination of my "party affiliation" based on my voting history but I am not sure I will vote for a single Republican. Find a better candidate. This guy is not worthy. It was there for the world to see. Nominate a better conservative Judge. Goes on FoxNews, invokes Clintons, talks about a conspiracy.... this is a Supreme Court justice? This country has fallen.
like tRump, a different kind of TAATS (modernized to TAMATS )

Can you, or anyone, name the top 5 Supreme court decisions in the past decade that didn't speak to globalism and support for the oligarchy? Is the ACA a tax, or not? Do Supreme Court Justices have to reveal their holdings/investments?

exactly. Important issues. Like dying of cancer, except we are focused on using a coaster under that drink. Meaningless.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
thatsmell wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
a fan wrote:

Hogan gets my vote. None of the other incumbents in my neck of Maryland.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
a fan wrote:

Trust Fund.
Any healthcare stock held by the trust :roll: :roll: :roll:
But, was addressing AFANS comment about being paid.

EDIT: It doesn't appear he has that much worth. Not like Breyer. Kav's house would be worth $50k in Auburn, NY or Rutland, VT. It's tiny, no land.
And, why are Supremes allowed to be flow here and there and everywhere, for free. But elected officials can't be. We get made at the stupid stuff. Just MHO
tech37

Post by tech37 »

[quote=afan"]Edit to add, ThatSmell-----wanted to make it clear, since I didn't put it in words, that I thought what Feinstein did was disgusting. She's as big of a POS as there is on the hill, and sandbagging both Kavanaugh and Dr. Ford by holding on to Fords story until it was maximum political benefit is as low as it gets.[/quote]

Shumer was probably behind it ;)
Last edited by tech37 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

thatsmell wrote:Afan, I think we agree. I get the Dems are still ticked about Garland. I saw the live Graham interview. He was personally moved by the Dr’s testimony. He had the opportunity to put it all behind and do the right thing. But if his last comment holds true, he’s back in the oneupanship game. He was more ticked he got outplayed by Feinstein. Who was willing to use the DR for her purpose. An embarrassment. Moreso that this fact will probably be swept under the mat. The republicans have/ had a chance to do the right thing. But if Graham is the barometer, this cycle of win at all costs or obstruct will continue.
We really need that applause emoji!

Throw all the bums out. Pelosi's had a freaking seat in Congress since 1993. That's insane, and has done some serious damage. Term limit. One and done, no reelection..serve your country, and get out.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

tech37 wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:Edit to add, ThatSmell-----wanted to make it clear, since I didn't put it in words, that I thought what Feinstein did was disgusting. She's as big of a POS as there is on the hill, and sandbagging both Kavanaugh and Dr. Ford by holding on to Fords story until it was maximum political benefit is as low as it gets.
Shumer was probably behind it ;)
A Fan wrote that, not RRR.

Feinsteins husband's business doing OK? I'm worried ;)
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Im not against career politicians- the ones that go from school board to county council to state rep to federal rep to another office. But once you hit for the cycle, get out!
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
a fan wrote:

Trust Fund.
Any healthcare stock held by the trust :roll: :roll: :roll:
But, was addressing AFANS comment about being paid.

EDIT: It doesn't appear he has that much worth. Not like Breyer. Kav's house would be worth $50k in Auburn, NY or Rutland, VT. It's tiny, no land.
And, why are Supremes allowed to be flow here and there and everywhere, for free. But elected officials can't be. We get made at the stupid stuff. Just MHO
Who knows. Most Americans would like to have it as rough as Kavanaugh has had it....Feel sorry for him and his family....not sure how they come back from this.....
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

TLD, why do you post comments that you aren't sure of ? Like the "trust fund" ?

Sure, cry us a river for going to Yale. Twice. Or able to afford a private HS. (was he on scholarship?)

Yeah, it bothers me too that we have never had a NON-Ivy league law school grad on the Supremes. (in modern times)

Heck, you don't even have to BE a licensed lawyer to be nominated, vetted and voted. But, the pretends LOVE them the elites. Only three states allow you to take the bar without a JD. If you can pass, you can pass. Why hasn't Sen. Feinstein presented legislation making the JD requirement illegal? Oh, states rights stuff. Guess I-9's and FICA don't apply to workers of the USA :roll:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

thatsmell wrote:Im not against career politicians- the ones that go from school board to county council to state rep to federal rep to another office. But once you hit for the cycle, get out!
What's the average age of the Senate Judiciary committee? 69 :o
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:TLD, why do you post comments that you aren't sure of ? Like the "trust fund" ?

Sure, cry us a river for going to Yale. Twice. Or able to afford a private HS. (was he on scholarship?)

Yeah, it bothers me too that we have never had a NON-Ivy league law school grad on the Supremes. (in modern times)

Heck, you don't even have to BE a licensed lawyer to be nominated, vetted and voted. But, the pretends LOVE them the elites. Only three states allow you to take the bar without a JD. If you can pass, you can pass. Why hasn't Sen. Feinstein presented legislation making the JD requirement illegal? Oh, states rights stuff. Guess I-9's and FICA don't apply to workers of the USA :roll:
Trust Fund is my guess. Plenty of good law schools and business schools. Some of the most successful guys in Manhattan were City College guys. Everyone I dealt with was sharp. I don't know and I don't care about Feinstein... Ruling class and peasant class is pretty much the system.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”