The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: 2024

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:44 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:20 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:59 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:08 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:35 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:30 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:10 am This is not leadership: https://x.com/JoeBiden/status/1801234404301230386
It is pushback against:

the intensifying efforts to whitewash the assault on the Capitol and disruption of the certification as some garden variety expression of First Amendment rights;

the Horst Wessell-ization of the incident and the then-President's part in it;

the depiction of the people assaulting the Capitol and invading Congressional and Senate offices as political prisoners and hostages; and

the Right's effort to transform this into a Reichstag burning.

Look at the comments:

Your friend #bubblebathgirl: "J6 was a hoax orchestrated by the Democrats."

Others:

"Make no mistake, this is an orchestrated WITCH HUNT against President Trump and the ENTIRE America First movement."

The post by the Biden campaign is correct; there is nothing more sacred than our democracy. The effort to rinse and sanitize the assault on January 6 is a disgrace. But you keep dutifully pushing this stuff for them.
You are proving my point, this is not what Leadership looks like.
This is always your response -- that people are somehow "proving your point." Absolute bullsh*t. I don't even know what your point is, YA, except to show how brain-smothered and mentally shaped you are by the anti-democratic claptrap you read and traffic on social media platforms.

We are in the middle of a presidential campaign. Party nominating conventions are imminent. There is less than five months to election day. The GOP candidate is campaigning on, in part, a promise to "free the political prisoners of J6," and to "pardon the hostages." Biden and his campaign have every right and likely a meaningful need to counterpoint these talking points of the opposition's campaign. But you pathetically suggest this isn't "leadership" enough for the likes of you, and that Biden must accept some mythic highroad to his opponent's relentless campaign of misinformation and proto-authoritarianism, and not meet the GOP's campaign of bullsh*t head on. It'd be funny if you weren't coopted into being a little clerk/assistant in the effort to transmogrify criminals into heroes.
Obtuse comes to mind ....you clearly do not see poor leadership, not even recognize it when it coldcocks you across the jaw. Joe was suppose to ground us, unite us, "lead" us away from the same crap Trump does....and yet, you are fine with further muckraking by the leader of the free world, and fear the other guy for doing the much the same.

Leadership does not require continual reminders of the those before them or those they fear, nowhere in the library of types of leadership does it say....put down others, its a sign of weakness like a gaggle of teenagers at a sleepover. Might I offer you a chance at resipiscence on this topic, although I'd reason to guess you will continue to execarte those to whom you disagree. ;)
Makes you yearn for the days of Ron and Tip. I'm sure that critics back in the 80s complained about all the hatred and vitriol. We now in 2024 have a much clearer vision what hatred and vitriol really looks like. Rs and Ds today can't even agree on the time of day...
Shhhh.....it is a secret, don't tell seacoaster both sides do it...and it royally sucks that they do.
I believe the medical community refers to it as tunnel vision. The only good Republican is one that always agrees with Democrats 100% of the time. We have a beloved forum member who demonstrates that fact almost every time he posts. Ron and Tip disagreed about the time of day. The bottom line is they worked together for their own mutual benefit. The exception was their agreement at the southern border. Amnesty for 38 million illegals and rock solid security at the southern border. 40 years later the nation is still waiting for the promise of securing the southern border. 40 years later the DC establishment has no interest in keeping their promise to the American people. 40 years later nobody really cares anymore. The logic is that these immigrants coming into our country will do the work Americans are no longer willing to do. How many millions of people does it take to accomplish that?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:56 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:10 am This is not leadership: https://x.com/JoeBiden/status/1801234404301230386
It is pushback against:

the intensifying efforts to whitewash the assault on the Capitol and disruption of the certification as some garden variety expression of First Amendment rights;

the depiction of the people assaulting the Capitol and invading Congressional and Senate offices as political prisoners and hostages; and

Look at the comments:

Others:

"Make no mistake, this is an orchestrated WITCH HUNT against President Trump and the ENTIRE America First movement."

The post by the Biden campaign is correct; there is nothing more sacred than our democracy. The effort to rinse and sanitize the assault on January 6 is a disgrace. But you keep dutifully pushing this stuff for them.
This is always your response -- that people are somehow "proving your point." Absolute bullsh*t. I don't even know what your point is, YA, except to show how brain-smothered and mentally shaped you are by the anti-democratic claptrap you read and traffic on social media platforms.

We are in the middle of a presidential campaign. Party nominating conventions are imminent. There is less than five months to election day. The GOP candidate is campaigning on, in part, a promise to "free the political prisoners of J6," and to "pardon the hostages." Biden and his campaign have every right and likely a meaningful need to counterpoint these talking points of the opposition's campaign. But you pathetically suggest this isn't "leadership" enough for the likes of you, and that Biden must accept some mythic highroad to his opponent's relentless campaign of misinformation and proto-authoritarianism, and not meet the GOP's campaign of bullsh*t head on. It'd be funny if you weren't coopted into being a little clerk/assistant in the effort to transmogrify criminals into heroes.
Obtuse comes to mind ....you clearly do not see poor leadership, not even recognize it when it coldcocks you across the jaw. Joe was suppose to ground us, unite us, "lead" us away from the same crap Trump does....and yet, you are fine with further muckraking by the leader of the free world, and fear the other guy for doing the much the same.

Leadership does not require continual reminders of the those before them or those they fear, nowhere in the library of types of leadership does it say....put down others, its a sign of weakness like a gaggle of teenagers at a sleepover. Might I offer you a chance at resipiscence on this topic, although I'd reason to guess you will continue to execarte those to whom you disagree. ;)
Makes you yearn for the days of Ron and Tip. I'm sure that critics back in the 80s complained about all the hatred and vitriol. We now in 2024 have a much clearer vision what hatred and vitriol really looks like. Rs and Ds today can't even agree on the time of day...
Shhhh.....it is a secret, don't tell seacoaster both sides do it...and it royally sucks that they do.
I believe the medical community refers to it as tunnel vision. The only good Republican is one that always agrees with Democrats 100% of the time. We have a beloved forum member who demonstrates that fact almost every time he posts. Ron and Tip disagreed about the time of day. The bottom line is they worked together for their own mutual benefit. The exception was their agreement at the southern border. Amnesty for 38 million illegals and rock solid security at the southern border. 40 years later the nation is still waiting for the promise of securing the southern border. 40 years later the DC establishment has no interest in keeping their promise to the American people. 40 years later nobody really cares anymore. The logic is that these immigrants coming into our country will do the work Americans are no longer willing to do. How many millions of people does it take to accomplish that?
What medical community-that’s a colloquialism not something the medical community would use to describe anything

Jesus your turning into Oswald bates more by the day

https://youtu.be/hKAZg5S_XgU?si=VUTyZ5EEFZ7RUZVN
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:07 am
It is pushback against:

Look at the comments:

Others:

What medical community-that’s a colloquialism not something the medical community would use to describe anything

Coming from you that is a compliment. The point sailed right over your head because you let yourself become all discombobulated after the first sentence. Your better off sticking with finance and business. Have a wonderful Father's Day.
Bob Ross:
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:23 am
It is pushback against:

Look at the comments:

Others:

Coming from you that is a compliment. The point sailed right over your head because you let yourself become all discombobulated after the first sentence. Your better off sticking with finance and business. Have a wonderful Father's Day.
Maybe he doesn't know what Macular Degeneration is :lol: I am 100% for immigration on a large scale. I think we should take as many hard working people from other countries as we can legally and safely. We already bring in around 1 million annually. Part of safely is is being sure we properly assimilate them so they have a concept of our Republic, which in my mind is almost as important as protecting individual citizens.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

get it to x wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:14 am
It is pushback against:

Look at the comments:

Others:

Maybe he doesn't know what Macular Degeneration is :lol: I am 100% for immigration on a large scale. I think we should take as many hard working people from other countries as we can legally and safely. We already bring in around 1 million annually. Part of safely is is being sure we properly assimilate them so they have a concept of our Republic, which in my mind is almost as important as protecting individual citizens.
Maybe we could start them out with something like this at the border:
https://jimcrowmuseum.ferris.edu/pdfs-d ... teracy.pdf

I'm more worried about our children growing up and not understanding our form of government. Better Civics courses in schools might be a better start.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:29 am
It is pushback against:

Look at the comments:

Others:

Maybe we could start them out with something like this at the border:
https://jimcrowmuseum.ferris.edu/pdfs-d ... teracy.pdf

I'm more worried about our children growing up and not understanding our form of government. Better Civics courses in schools might be a better start.
https://jimcrowmuseum.ferris.edu/questi ... cytest.pdf
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:21 pm
There’s a reason my father left that shitehole as soon as he could — after he graduated from LSU at 19.

That’s what happens to these fcukwaters — anyone who has a brain leaves ASAP. And behold the splendor remaining!!!
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:45 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:21 pm
There’s a reason my father left that shitehole as soon as he could — after he graduated from LSU at 19.

That’s what happens to these fcukwaters — anyone who has a brain leaves ASAP. And behold the splendor remaining!!!
I tell people all the time that we had a chance to move forward with reconstruction and we were on our way…..then the rug was snatched from under folks feet and it took 100 years to get back to where things were 100 years earlier…. Just imagine where this country would be if it lived up to its promise. We are being sub optimized as a country. There would be virtually 0 competition.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It is pushback against:

Look at the comments:

Others:

So you say I’m all finance and ignore the myriad of references to literature, theater, philosophy and psychology or having played two college sports (one as filler for one year but I still Bo Jackson’d that s**t the best a white drunk kid could).

Nothing sails over my head. Are you familiar with this term?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychol ... projection
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It is pushback against:

Look at the comments:

Others:

Why does your cadence, tone, arguments and approach here feel so familiar.

Like. Maybe, Peter brown?
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

It is pushback against:

Look at the comments:

Others:

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:47 pm
It is pushback against:

Look at the comments:

Others:

https://youtu.be/-5zKsxTRjsY?si=7n80GM-3LAFxrLzD
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:13 pm
It is pushback against:

Look at the comments:

Others:

Too funny. You live closer by about 160 miles to Naples than I do. PM me next time you're coming to Greenville and I'll buy you a drink at Vault and Vator.

https://www.vaultandvator.com/
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:12 pm
It is pushback against:

Look at the comments:

Others:

So you say I’m all finance and ignore the myriad of references to literature, theater, philosophy and psychology or having played two college sports (one as filler for one year but I still Bo Jackson’d that s**t the best a white drunk kid could).

Nothing sails over my head. Are you familiar with this term?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychol ... projection
When you start quoting Plato then I will know you've gone too far. Suddenly business and finance sounds fascinating. :D
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:45 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:13 pm
It is pushback against:

Look at the comments:

Others:

Too funny. You live closer by about 160 miles to Naples than I do. PM me next time you're coming to Greenville and I'll buy you a drink at Vault and Vator.

https://www.vaultandvator.com/
I thought your comment, get it to X, was quite reasonable, though I'd like to confirm that you agree that when you say "legally and safely", the "legally" part is whatever much larger number we wish to "take". We're obviously restraining this number well below the desire of "hard working people from other countries" who wish to come. If you truly mean "as we can" does this mean a much larger number? I think so, you?

I also assume that by "safely" you include screening for obvious danger based on prior violent convictions and/or involvement in terror organizations, but not based on more general fears of those looking, speaking, or praying differently? If so, we agree.

The other part of "properly assimilate them so they have a concept of our Republic" may or may not contain some dog whistles, conscious or unconscious". Certainly the process of obtaining citizenship should and does require knowledge of America, its civics and history, indeed well beyond what the average native born American knows (though they too should!). Agree?

Seems to me that one of the problems of having people migrate but without entering into a path for citizenship is that this "assimilate" aspect of studying to attain such knowledge may or may not happen. Indeed, way less likely, I'd think, if needing to scramble in a black market economy for enough work that they and their family can subsist, rather than being able to compete for work without such fear. Hope of citizenship is a powerful motivator, I'd think.

I agree with the posters who commented about how poorly we do in educating our native-born citizens in civics and history. Including some critical analysis skills. That's a much larger problem, seems to me, than immigrants coming to America for a better life.

Take for instance this claim that Reagan gave "amnesty for 38 million illegals". Actually less than 3 million, about 2.9.as allowed by 1986 Simpson Mazzoli bill that addressed all sorts of reform. The 2.9 million was most anyone who had entered prior to 1982. Plus later by executive action, Reagan added the children of about 100,000 families who should have been included in the bill, but had been missed. They then entered into the citizenship process and have generally prospered quite successfully. Oh the horror, right?

We have something in the neighborhood of 12 million undocumented in America today. That's less than 4% of the total US population.
old salt

Post by old salt »

https://www.nationalreview.com/2024/06/ ... t-vp-pick/

Nikki Haley Is Still the Strongest VP Pick

by RICH LOWRY, June 17, 2024

As far as we know, Nikki Haley isn’t on the short list, nor on the long list.

There’s no indication that she’s being considered as Trump’s VP pick, and Trump forcefully smacked down a report in Axios that the campaign was looking at her.

She’d still probably be the choice who, more than any other possible pick, would help Trump win in November.

By conventional rules, the former South Carolina governor’s getting the nod would be so obvious as to be completely unremarkable — she’s the runner-up in the nomination fight; she represents a different faction of the party; she provides demographic balance; she has executive and foreign-policy experience; and she’s ready, to the extent this can be judged by résumé and experience, to be president.

Kevin McCarthy Argues Haley Is the ‘Right Person’ to Serve as Trump’s VP

Paint-by-number politics would make her a top contender, if not a shoo-in.

If, that is, she hadn’t criticized Trump in harsh and personal terms during her primary campaign. It’s one thing to criticize another candidate’s tax plan; another to say he’s “diminished,” “unhinged,” “saying things that don’t make sense,” and “not qualified” to be president.

Any nominee would have a hard time swallowing those types of gibes, and Donald Trump is, shall we say, more sensitive to slights than most.

Trump gave as good as he got, turning what should have been a celebratory event the night he won the New Hampshire primary into an anti-Haley revival meeting.

All of this, though, is why her selection would be a shock and a potentially galvanizing moment in the campaign — it would show Trump to be willing to forgive and forget and put aside his personal feelings in the cause of saving the country from a second Biden term.

It would be an extraordinary grace note from someone the public doesn’t expect that from (although Trump does fairly often bury the hatchet with former critics).

Both Haley and Trump would have explaining to do, Haley more than Trump. He could just say that campaigning is a tough business, and, sure, she said lots of tough things about him, but beating Biden is more important than dwelling on the past. Haley would be forced by the media to do word-by-word exegeses of all her Trump attacks. Her out would be explaining that, whatever she said about Trump, Biden is worse.

Picking Haley would be an olive branch to a small group of Republican-inclined voters who aren’t ready to support Trump. It’s possible to exaggerate the import of the “zombie” Haley vote in the GOP primaries, given that the zombie dynamic is a common one in primaries and a significant element of her support is coming from 2020 Biden voters. But she definitely has appeal to college-educated and suburban voters with whom Trump is weak, and anything that helps at the margins could be decisive in a narrow race.

Going with Haley would open up some wallets. She has her own base within the donor class that would be enthused about her pick and newly determined to do whatever it takes to see the ticket prevail.

A downside is that she has become a hate figure for the MAGA base. Let’s not forget, though, that Trump, although he’s wary of crossing his base, is ultimately the most important influence on what his supporters think. If he says that Haley is the best pick politically, they will go along.

Relatedly, there’s the question of whether Trump could trust in such a sensitive position an emphatically pre-MAGA Republican who hasn’t bent the knee. That’d be an issue. But Haley would have every incentive to be loyal unless the wheels come off during the campaign or a second term — and if the wheels come off, Haley’s posture would be the least of Trump’s troubles.

These are all imponderables, but if Trump wins again and finishes strong in 2028, there’d certainly be a market for a more MAGA candidate in 2028 than Nikki Haley, and if Trump crashes and burns in a second term, it’d be hard for Vice President Haley to escape the wreckage.

Maybe it’d be a shortsighted pick for Trump’s governing purposes, but if it helps him prevail in November, how much does that matter? The Trump approach to life is to get through one obstacle before worrying about the next, and dealing with a vice president he’s not enamored of when he’s back in the White House would be a good problem to have.

Return to “POLITICS”