Conservative Ideology: A Big Lie

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Conservative Ideology: A Big Lie

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:57 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:07 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:41 pm Everyone needs to stop arguing counterfactuals except that’s what everyone wants in reality.
I don't mind speculation and what-ifs as long as you bring receipts. Fun to do so sometimes.

But people being forum policemen because they dont agree with the poster? Then they do the same stuff they complain about? With hardly any actual participation or discussion? Sophomoric.
The pot calling the kettle black, you would be the best defender in the NBA. The Mavs could really use! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe
The Mavs are not a poor defensive team. You have not been paying attention. Prior to last night, in games 2&3 each team made the exact same number of baskets in each game. Boston’s made more three points baskets who accounted for the difference in score. Neither team was shooting the ball “well” from behind the line. Last night, 3 point makes were pretty even. Rebounding is what enabled Dallas to prevail. You need to pay closer attention if you are going to point out a tactical deficiency.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:41 pm Everyone needs to stop arguing counterfactuals except that’s what everyone wants in reality.
I don't mind speculation and what-ifs as long as you bring receipts. Fun to do so sometimes.

But people being forum policemen because they dont agree with the poster? Then they do the same stuff they complain about? With hardly any actual participation or discussion? Sophomoric.
The pot calling the kettle black, you would be the best defender in the NBA. The Mavs could really use! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe
I guess it's possible you arent actually aware of what you're doing. You'd do well to discuss ideas, not attack posters when you disagree with their ideas.

Then you go ahead and do the stuff you complain about.

So yeah, I'm calling out the behavior because it's fun pointing out hypocrisy. Maybe it will cause some introspection, but I'm not holding my breath.

Sticking to the actual discussions would further the forum much better than playing policeman.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:02 pm

Joe
The Mavs are not a poor defensive team. You have not been paying attention. Prior to last night, in games 2&3 each team made the exact same number of baskets in each game. Boston’s made more three points baskets who accounted for the difference in score. Neither team was shooting the ball “well” from behind the line. Last night, 3 point makes were pretty even. Rebounding is what enabled Dallas to prevail. You need to pay closer attention if you are going to point out a tactical deficiency.
Good point, I should say that Doncic is not a good defender, that is what is hurting the Mavs in my opinion.

Joe
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Joe
Good point, I should say that Doncic is not a good defender, that is what is hurting the Mavs in my opinion.

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:27 pm

Joe

Joe
Luka’s defense has improved in each of the past two seasons and Dallas’ team defense has been better because of it. Boston presents a tough matchup for him as they have 3 to 4 athletic wings that can’t be the ball on the floor and apply pressure. In addition, Luka has been hurt since the end of the season so his deficiencies are magnified. He’s never going to be an all defensive type player but when healthy he has participated on defense and has been good enough against most teams. Dallas did not make the playoffs last season and was the 5th seed in the West. No Dallas fan expected this team to make the NBA finals this season. A first round win would have satisfied most of us. This is house money. It’s good experience and gives the Mavericks some visibility on what it takes to get over the hump like most teams. Boston has had to go through the fire and will get a championship this year. Dallas is two years away, in my opinion. Time will tell.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I’m just trying to get my avg around Mark McGwire’s and even problem playing “why’d you say that” without running offstage. Probably should but I’m kind of like Tyler in spirit.

https://youtu.be/v47uE_wrSYo?si=o7AolZ3xztGJ1rWC
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:58 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:45 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 5:12 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 5:05 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 3:59 pm Good conservatives. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why that's dirty pool. Kinda acting like those FLP extremists who hijack conservative types while their family is dining in a restaurant. What am I thinking that's a totally acceptable form of harassment. :D
You see these as equivalent?

If not, pray tell, what do you see as different?
At least is wasn’t a no knock like they do in Baltimore I suppose…

And come on you dummy he’s from the school of hard knocks which can translate and synthesize Highly localizes and biased anecdotes into omniscience. Far superior to your stupid colleges and higher education and intellectual curiosity and all that bu**s**t.
Your expansive vocabulary is quite impressive. When you can't dazzle em with brilliance baffle em with big words. Pretty good for white trash from Binghamton. 8-) You should have your own syndicated radio show. Your talent should be shared with all of America. They will collectivily be amazed an astonished at your verbal skillery.
You act like I reject that I’m white trash form Binghamton who has and can done better for others instead of being effete on the 18th hole yelling at clouds with increasing ignorance an inability to justify the resources I consume anymore. Can from church going rural WNY and a mix of LI, Brooklyn, Bronx and Albany people. Went to college in the finger lakes, once was a tv kid bowling champ for more than three months which was filmed in your backyard in the same alley where they used to have lilac bowl and where my uncle who killed himself later in Rome Ny has built a prosperous but blind to reality life via Kodak that led him to be very lonely at the end. And you keep lecturing me on NY and on the rest of the country you know nothing about. It’s hilarious and depressing to think about how much you are living are living in an alternate reality that just is a self created bubble of fear.

It’s one thing to disagree about philosophy or approaches to move individual and collective actions forward. It’s another to avoid making an effort to live in the present reality. And self defeating negative feedback loop for folks trapped on that hamster wheel but it doesn’t mean those in reality have to lay down and give up reality too because of some loud and aggressive but weak people. Keep shouting.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

get it to x wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:06 am
Why that's dirty pool. Kinda acting like those FLP extremists who hijack conservative types while their family is dining in a restaurant. What am I thinking that's a totally acceptable form of harassment. :D

And come on you dummy he’s from the school of hard knocks which can translate and synthesize Highly localizes and biased anecdotes into omniscience. Far superior to your stupid colleges and higher education and intellectual curiosity and all that bu**s**t.
Your expansive vocabulary is quite impressive. When you can't dazzle em with brilliance baffle em with big words. Pretty good for white trash from Binghamton. 8-) You should have your own syndicated radio show. Your talent should be shared with all of America. They will collectivily be amazed an astonished at your verbal skillery.
Credentialism at it's finest. Probably believes stupidity and advanced degrees are mutually exclusive.
Here comes the flying bug carrying malaria which I’m sure everyone wants
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:02 pm

Credentialism at it's finest. Probably believes stupidity and advanced degrees are mutually exclusive.
you think my degrees make me stupid?
You do realize you're talking about me in specific, right?
If so, go ahead and say so.

I do agree that advanced degrees are no substitute for common sense, and I'd be surprised if Geneva disagrees.
"Stupidity" is more rare in my experience, though. Not mutually exclusive, but darn rare.

I'd note that I asked a pretty simple question about cradle's opinion, which only required his exercise of some good common sense. No fancy degrees required. ;) But he's avoided answering that straightforward, uncomplicated question. To be clear, I don't think it has anything to do with intelligence or education. Just personality.
These clowns act like I haven’t barbelled my life and seen he extremes because the middle is easy and blind. It comes with high costs for sure. Very high. Not always worth it but yeah when it’s time to go I won’t regret it. And I think my children and line after me will be better for me taking this journey compared with all those I love and have profound respect for in my preceding family tree.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I do agree that advanced degrees are no substitute for common sense, and I'd be surprised if Geneva disagrees.
"Stupidity" is more rare in my experience, though. Not mutually exclusive, but darn rare.

I'd note that I asked a pretty simple question about cradle's opinion, which only required his exercise of some good common sense. No fancy degrees required. ;) But he's avoided answering that straightforward, uncomplicated question. To be clear, I don't think it has anything to do with intelligence or education. Just personality.
To be clear I said intellectual curiosity as well.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

get it to x wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:52 am

How egotistical of you. I was actually referring to FFG. But you must agree that the credentialed class has a whiff of supremacy about it, almost like an intellectual form of racism. How you look down on the great unwashed. Many of my most successful clients have a high school education. Many also have to do a subchapter "s" distribution in the hundreds of thousands of dollars so they can pay the pass through taxes.

It's the old "How can you tell a Hahvaahd Man?, Just wait five minutes and he'll tell you." Or Jill Biden referring to herself as "Doctor Jill". Maybe she can perform an "ego-ectomy" on you.
My life stories are far more street of here knocks than Cradles. I embrace my duality don’t run to one side out of fear. I’m afraid of what I lose by being close minded.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:02 am Nice summary of the ethos of anti-intellectualism that Tom Nichols canvasses in his excellent book, The Death of Expertise. As Nichols says, never have so many people had so much access to information and knowledge, and yet so resistant to learning anything. I didn't know my decision to go to college, then graduate school, would result in my joining in an "intellectual form of racism," looking "down on the great unwashed." Your response to MDLax drips of envy and overstatement.

I think everyone gets a chance. The only thing I'm looking down on is stupid statements like those.
I only envy the same things that produce existentialist dread and “the stare” in what I can’t learn from not being actually inside others.

And I’m offended by jealous fearful people who run from life.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:46 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:02 am Nice summary of the ethos of anti-intellectualism that Tom Nichols canvasses in his excellent book, The Death of Expertise. As Nichols says, never have so many people had so much access to information and knowledge, and yet so resistant to learning anything. I didn't know my decision to go to college, then graduate school, would result in my joining in an "intellectual form of racism," looking "down on the great unwashed." Your response to MDLax drips of envy and overstatement.

I think everyone gets a chance. The only thing I'm looking down on is stupid statements like those.
Tom brings up a valid point, as does get it to X in his recent comment, the difference, IMO, is discernment and where the conversation goes after the first interaction.

But then, your last reply to get it to x, kinda proves my theory and his.
How about how x rolled into the exchange between I and Cradle? That kicked the rest off. Anything to say about his approach there?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:48 am That's what happens when you get high on your own supply - you start to believe stuff like that. The far right has indeed taken control of the Republican party.

So right now we have a far-right party in the Trump party and a center-right Democratic party. The left takes up maybe 20% of the D party and has very little power, save for some state level California positions and some cities. The far left runs basically nothing.
I diverge with you here. I don’t like all the (intended well get em in rent seeking frictions in my house no doubt) goodies in wealth and resource transfers though more then blind religious life faith in “things will just be better if we transfer resources and have more even distribution even if forced” as if that’s logical or practical - kid of educated folks who have their heads in the sand about what humans beings really are for all the psychology and history these same folks have consumed. Now it’s been stolen like everything else but I cross my libertarian heart and chain it to a neoconservative rock like my internal brain gods would do to Prometheus because otherwise I’d burn it all down. Hence the internal rage while being locked at by vultures on both wings of the political spectrum.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:30 pm
get it to x wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:00 pmSome of you still believe Trump colluded with Russia even after the Mueller report came out.
That's looney, delusional talk. You're drunk on Kool-Aid mate. The Trump campaign very clearly colluded with Russia and the Mueller Report said so. Have you read the SSCI Report? Didn't think so.
get it to x wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:00 pmChances are way better than 50% that Putin would not have invaded if Trump were president.
Trump was unfit and unprepared to be a US president the first time around. Now, WAY more so. Do you truly believe that if a jury heard arguments in a J6 trial, that Trump would slither out without a conviction? Never in a million years. Same with the Mar-A-Lardo case. The man is an inveterate liar and conman...and yet here you are lecturing us about what's happened to the political spectrum in the recent past. Get a grip, man.

I would earmark this when they claim others have delusions of trump and who. Brought it up here. Seeding it only to deny it later…
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:39 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:24 pm
get it to x wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:00 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:48 am That's what happens when you get high on your own supply - you start to believe stuff like that. The far right has indeed taken control of the Republican party.

So right now we have a far-right party in the Trump party and a center-right Democratic party. The left takes up maybe 20% of the D party and has very little power, save for some state level California positions and some cities. The far left runs basically nothing.
The left's certitude that they are the "smart set" is laughable. Your propensity to fall for anything that that fit's your narrative is legend. Some of you still believe Trump colluded with Russia even after the Mueller report came out. There are a few nuts on the right (MTG, Lauren Boebert), but your definition of far right is someone who doesn't buy into compelled speech (pronouns...) or doesn't want to be censored by big tech. Or wants to own a semi automatic pistol. Or doesn't want to be told what car to drive.

Please educate me on center right positions held by today's democrat party. And don't say the war in Ukraine. Chances are way better than 50% that Putin would not have invaded if Trump were president.
+1!!

Joe
Especially being dictated to by a few forum members what cars we should be allowed to drive. It doesn't stop there the same forum members want to tell us what type of furnace we can buy, what type of hot water heater what type of stove we can use and if you give these communists enough leeway they will dictate to you what kind and how much toilet paper you can use to wipe your ass. FTR I inserted communists in the same manner you butt wipes toss around the fascist label. Since we are talking about all of you communists on this forum the State of NY is considering an addition to their building codes. All new housing construction will be required to install EV charging ports and very likely you won't be able to install natural gas lines to your home. So who is the greater danger to freedom y'all? Those right wing fascists or the left wing communists? :roll:
Who’s fear mongering now?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:03 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:38 pm
get it to x wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:00 pm Chances are way better than 50% that Putin would not have invaded if Trump were president.
Folks keep saying that, but never bother explaining why.

Why? Why do you believe that?
This may not be his answer, but when Trump was president it was pretty clear that the US would not support anything but some sort of forced capitulation of the Ukrainian government to Putin’s whims. Why waste a war effort if you can get enough of what you want without it.

Trump would have gladly assisted his favorite dictator.
Arming those that treat discourse as a game to win at any cost are we?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:55 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:50 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:30 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:04 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:38 pm
get it to x wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:00 pm Chances are way better than 50% that Putin would not have invaded if Trump were president.
Folks keep saying that, but never bother explaining why.

Why? Why do you believe that?
IMHO Putin was hoping for a Trump win so that he could roll through Ukraine completely unfettered by US aid. Just look at how much praise Trump heaped on Putin at first.
:lol: :lol:

You have no clue what would have happened because he did not get elected. Unless you moonlight as a clairvoyant. :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Joe
I guess you missed the "in my opinion" part. I'm going off of observation and Trump and Putin's words and actions. I can't predict a coin flip but I can predict it'll land on heads half the time in the long run. Doesn't take a clairvoyant to see patterns.

Funny that you didn't say the same thing to get it to x. About having no clue about what would have happened because Trump didn't get elected. It's fun seeing you do the same stuff you complain about others doing regarding the conversations around here.
You are doing the exact same thing you accuse the "Far Right" of doing, pushing a conspiracy with no basis in fact. It's amazing, but I guess extreme hatred for a certain person (DJT) will cause someone to be somewhat "blinded". :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

I wholeheartedly agree with get it to x,

Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence

Joe
X was the first to bring up Trump in this line of inquiry go back and check.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I’m reading this as not directed at my comment but if so I’d note that I was making an observation about how it often goes and generally not noted or acknowledged. It started all w X coming out with a weak rabbit punch that bounced off the back of my head accusing me of being effectively an out of touch intellectual. Which given the volumes I’ve share transparently about myself not to mention the dirty hypocritical behavior that we have evidence of perpetrated by cradle exploiting my original well intended outreach to empathize with him. I don’t even deny that and have openly embedded it because to do otherwise would in fact be not living in reality.

So dude comes from left field with a b*tch a** blindside shot that that is unwarranted and not accurate or correct in its target and folks are defending him ethics and his sense of reality. That is dope. In the real world you get punched in the face for such behavior. I’ve been punched and bones broken and occasionally done the same to others and can only do better now. Not whatever this petty stuff some folks do is. But they don’t know reality from planet safe cave.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:47 pm
get it to x wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:52 am

How egotistical of you. I was actually referring to FFG. But you must agree that the credentialed class has a whiff of supremacy about it, almost like an intellectual form of racism. How you look down on the great unwashed. Many of my most successful clients have a high school education. Many also have to do a subchapter "s" distribution in the hundreds of thousands of dollars so they can pay the pass through taxes.

It's the old "How can you tell a Hahvaahd Man?, Just wait five minutes and he'll tell you." Or Jill Biden referring to herself as "Doctor Jill". Maybe she can perform an "ego-ectomy" on you.
He was talking about me.

Since I've met a heck of a lot of folks with high-falutin degrees, I'm in a decent position to say that are plenty of self-important knuckleheads amongst them.

But I find the prejudice some folks who don't have such degrees to way, way over exaggerate the incidence of such. Frankly, it's pretty gross.

And stupid.

That said, I totally agree with you that there are lots of highly successful people with very little formal education. Tons. Met a guy today who owns a window company worth multiple millions now. His wife does the books, handles the business but he was clearly on top of his business. He was personally fixing a window in my house. Impressive guy.

My wife's dad never finished high school due to WWII, but was self educated. Very well read. And successful as a commercial fisherman. Great guy, but died at age 59.

I'm confident Geneva agrees. But not having an education doesn't give one some sort of nobility, especially if they don't read and don't think critically about the world around them, yet spout off at others.

For instance, cradle has made numerous prejudiced cracks about people with higher education. And he was talking about me. Geneva was slapping him for it.
I’m just fng around and this guy rolls in but doesn’t want to get anything back basically. Crazy literally and I know crazy

Return to “POLITICS”