Coaching Carousal

D2 Mens Lacrosse
vburk6

Re: Coaching Carousal

Post by vburk6 »

Hearing from an inside source on the team Chowan is going to be open.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

vburk6 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:50 pm Hearing from an inside source on the team Chowan is going to be open.
Is Chowan in any type of financial troubles like a handful of these small private school?
MajorMacLax18

Post by MajorMacLax18 »

Looks like Lees-McRae is open.
https://leesmcrae.peopleadmin.com/postings/159

Tough gig...only about 900 students at the school. No FT assistant. Only wins came against D3/NAIA schools. Small roster.
MajorMacLax18

Post by MajorMacLax18 »

American International (MA)
Chowan (NC)
Coker (SC) - Austin Ambrose (Coker interim HC)
Dominican (NY)
Lees-McRae (NC)
Point Park (PA) - Transitioning to D2 from NAIA
St. Thomas Aquinas (NY)
Tusculum (TN) - Mike Brisbin (Tusculum interim HC)
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

MajorMacLax18 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:23 pm American International (MA)
Chowan (NC)
Dominican (NY)
Lees-McRae (NC)
St. Thomas Aquinas (NY)
I still think Point Park could be something... with the right coach.
MajorMacLax18

Post by MajorMacLax18 »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:36 pm
Do you think the school is waiting to be accepted into D2 before moving forward with hiring a lacrosse coach? Looks like the job has been posted since March.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

MajorMacLax18 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:50 am
Do you think the school is waiting to be accepted into D2 before moving forward with hiring a lacrosse coach? Looks like the job has been posted since March.
I'm not entirely sure but that makes sense to me. Probably figure they'd get a better candidate pool if they were D2 vs being NAIA.
Idonthavealefthand

Post by Idonthavealefthand »

MajorMacLax18 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:23 pm American International (MA)
Chowan (NC)
Dominican (NY)
Lees-McRae (NC)
St. Thomas Aquinas (NY)
Came across the Dominican coaching job on indeed. Tough sell when your salary is set at 10-20k. Part time pay for full time work.
Laxguy22

Post by Laxguy22 »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:17 am
MajorMacLax18 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:50 am
I'm not entirely sure but that makes sense to me. Probably figure they'd get a better candidate pool if they were D2 vs being NAIA.
I was told that they are working with a few candidates. Not sure who or when they will make decisions but was speaking with someone close to the situation and it sounds like it will be wrapped up soon.
MajorMacLax18

Post by MajorMacLax18 »

Chowan (NC)
Dominican (NY)
Lees-McRae (NC)
St. Anselm (NH)
St. Thomas Aquinas (NY)
sguy9

Post by sguy9 »

Chowan (NC)
Dominican (NY)
Lees-McRae (NC)
St. Anselm (NH)
St. Thomas Aquinas (NY)
Of all these jobs St A's seems to be the most high profile. Final 4 appearance this season, quality facilities and support. Who do they attract?
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

sguy9 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:20 pm
Chowan (NC)
Dominican (NY)
Lees-McRae (NC)
St. Anselm (NH)
St. Thomas Aquinas (NY)
Of all these jobs St A's seems to be the most high profile. Final 4 appearance this season, quality facilities and support. Who do they attract?
I think Saint A’s is the best opportunity available. Another strong recruiting class and transfer class prior to coaches departure.. Saint A’s is a strong academic school so it has the ability to pull a lot of the NE area. Great facilities. I think the jobs going to draw a lot of attention.. But once people see what the support actually looks like and what Scimmana was able to do with almost nothing it probably won’t draw the high profile coaches some might assume. The job does not pay well.. small assistant coach stipend and I’ve been told is under the NE10 avg in scholarship funding. Someone may be okay to take a pay cut to get a HC opportunity.. I wouldn’t be surprised if you see some NE10 shuffle of mid tier programs coaches going for it.

STAC has had some really good HCs on campus but the school is not looking to support the program with a FT position so it’s really limited their pool. I think there’s a really strong and experienced D3 HC from the area that would do a great job in a part time capacity. If that happens watch out ECC

I’ve heard Lees-McRae has had three candidates on campus.. all three have HC experience 2 D2 one D3. The president and VPs are tired of an under performing program and are looking to support and grow the program. I’ve heard from a couple d2 coaches that they’re moving quickly to get someone in place.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

Any word on AIC?

That job seems to have been posted for a little bit
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
laxxer27

Post by laxxer27 »

Leonard Washington wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:00 am Any word on AIC?

not really a sought after job. Most of the kids the previous coach brought in from Canada and New York are already transferring. They did interview several candidates already but nothing came of it.
Leonard Washington

laxxer27 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:16 pm not really a sought after job. Most of the kids the previous coach brought in from Canada and New York are already transferring. They did interview several candidates already but nothing came of it.
Thank you for the update.

Springfield and that campus isn't easy to recruit to. Can't recruit if you don't have some one in place.
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
MajorMacLax18

Post by MajorMacLax18 »

laxxer27 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:16 pm

not really a sought after job. Most of the kids the previous coach brought in from Canada and New York are already transferring. They did interview several candidates already but nothing came of it.
I heard the pay was abysmal...well below average.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

MajorMacLax18 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:03 am

I've heard the same thing. low 40's.. They've had successful D1 Assistants to Current D2 and D3 HC's all have turned it down. The school is on the doorstep of closure. If Coach Bracey didn't want it or take it after the job he did.. that's a big sign! It's sad how much progress they made in one year just to throw it all away.
Leonard Washington

StuckinD2 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:20 am If Coach Bracey didn't want it or take it after the job he did.. that's a big sign! It's sad how much progress they made in one year just to throw it all away.
+1

It is not as easy, especially without the proper planning, but a shift to DIII wouldn't hurt the college, especially if it is or has been in the brink
laxxer27

Post by laxxer27 »

StuckinD2 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:20 am
MajorMacLax18 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:03 am

I've heard the same thing. low 40's.. They've had successful D1 Assistants to Current D2 and D3 HC's all have turned it down. The school is on the doorstep of closure. If Coach Bracey didn't want it or take it after the job he did.. that's a big sign! It's sad how much progress they made in one year just to throw it all away.
Pay was high 50s. I know one of the applicants that is local to Springfield and was previously on the staff years ago. Interviewed a month or so ago and never heard anything back.
Yeti_33

Post by Yeti_33 »

Nova Southeastern should be on this list as well. Website says they're not starting until 2025-2026, however i feel like you would want to have someone in place soon to hit the summer ball circuit looking for those rising seniors that haven't committed.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”