Coaching Carousel 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
laxdad1434

Re: Coaching Carousel 2024

Post by laxdad1434 »

River Donkey wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:43 pm
laxdad1434 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:57 pm
Leonard Washington wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:42 pm
JerseyGuy wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:35 pm That’s ridiculous that Kean will be filled as P/T. Stockton men’s coach sued awhile ago because he was P/T and women’s coach was F/T. He won the suit.
+1

There may be other factors involved but man that's tough
Girls lax coach f/t, both basketball coaches f/t, baseball and softball f/t, 5 football coaches f/t, field hockey f/t, ect. Makes no sense considering it's the 2nd largest sports program on campus. They currently have 1 assistant of staff.
You answered your own question, like you said second biggest team on campus and has PT coach, the admins must see it as not necessary to get the numbers they want. I agree with you but this is probably Keans thinking.
Not really. it's the way it is because the previous coach was alright with being p/t. The admin cited budget timelines. The budget for spring 2025 sports has already been submitted and finalized and it was slotted for a p/t coach salary.

Hopefully they get a good coach, but the ones that people/players wanted will not go there for p/t pay.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

LaxCoach13 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:01 pm I see SUNY Brockport is list on here, our son is looking at going there but confused I know their coach was new last year and he is still listed as their coach? Are you sure he is gone and if so any idea why?
The Brockport position has been a part-time position these past couple of years that Coach Cornaire has been the head coach. They are finally moving it back to full-time and the expectation is that he remains the head coach and is not going anywhere.
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

TopperLax82 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:23 pm
choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:55 am Lots of talk on the forum of some big spots coming up.

-WAC
-Denison
-Middlebury
-Stevens

Any validity to the rumors?
While Denison alums haven't been happy with the state of the lacrosse program, the HC isn't going anywhere. They're adding a new FT assistant. Recent grad of Cleveland State and an Ohio kid from a prep school.
Hmm. Any word on the Middlebury job? Mendoza? Daly?
sguy9

Post by sguy9 »

Stop it Charlie... Campbell isn't going anywhere, especially with EQ as AD. Has he achieved as much success as EQ did, no, but that bar was pretty high and the rest of the 'cac wasn't nearly as strong back then as today.
HornsLax

Post by HornsLax »

Rhodes inviting two finalists to campus next week, expect a final decision by 7/1. Immense interest in the opening, lots of d3 HC's, several of which took their teams to the NCAA tournament last year.
Mole

Post by Mole »

HornsLax wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:43 pm Rhodes inviting two finalists to campus next week,......, several of which took their teams to the NCAA tournament last year.
This would be an interesting cross-section to dissect and speculate...
nospringchicken

Post by nospringchicken »

sguy9 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:43 am
Stop it Charlie... Campbell isn't going anywhere, especially with EQ as AD. Has he achieved as much success as EQ did, no, but that bar was pretty high and the rest of the 'cac wasn't nearly as strong back then as today.
campbell may skate by on his old coach's pity but you can bet your house that middlebury will underperform on offense every year. 2024 was especially bad considering that they had their entire offense back. all those years of underperformance only making it tougher to recruit against tufts, wes, bowdoin, etc ...
westernbestern

Post by westernbestern »

HornsLax wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:43 pm Rhodes inviting two finalists to campus next week, expect a final decision by 7/1. Immense interest in the opening, lots of d3 HC's, several of which took their teams to the NCAA tournament last year.
I find this very hard to believe
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

choochooCharlie wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:05 pm
choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:55 am Lots of talk on the forum of some big spots coming up.

-WAC
-Denison
-Middlebury
-Stevens

While Denison alums haven't been happy with the state of the lacrosse program, the HC isn't going anywhere. They're adding a new FT assistant. Recent grad of Cleveland State and an Ohio kid from a prep school.
This is the first I have heard about WAC…
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:10 pm

-WAC
-Denison
-Middlebury
-Stevens

None of those are real, they were all made up to get a rise.
choochooCharlie

pcowlax wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:05 am
LaxPundit07 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:10 pm

-WAC
-Denison
-Middlebury
-Stevens

None of those are real, they were all made up to get a rise.
Go look at each respective thread. These are being discussed. And before you jump at me, the only one I’ve been involved in discussing is the mess up at Middlebury on the NESCAC thread.
choochooCharlie

nospringchicken wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:21 pm
sguy9 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:43 am
campbell may skate by on his old coach's pity but you can bet your house that middlebury will underperform on offense every year. 2024 was especially bad considering that they had their entire offense back. all those years of underperformance only making it tougher to recruit against tufts, wes, bowdoin, etc ...
Yea, I just don’t think that the effort is there with scheduling. And given the depth of talent that has been on the roster, it is a FACT that they have underperformed. The talent WILL dwindle after years and years of this, as you said
ah23

Post by ah23 »

nospringchicken wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:21 pm campbell may skate by on his old coach's pity but you can bet your house that middlebury will underperform on offense every year. 2024 was especially bad considering that they had their entire offense back. all those years of underperformance only making it tougher to recruit against tufts, wes, bowdoin, etc ...
Their offense was great theater this season, could not believe how inept they were. But still…they played in the NESCAC championship and made back-to-back NCAA quarterfinals for the first time since 2009-2010.

The question isn’t if they can get Middlebury on an upwards trajectory - by any objective measure, they’ve done that over the past two years. The question is if they can leverage two great seasons into more consistent postseason appearances (and wins).

FWIW I don’t think they’re about to be a national contender or have much chance of getting there, but the “gee, will they fire Campbell? Just asking questions!” stuff is nothing more than the usual trolling. Same for the other schools that were mentioned. D-III ADs don’t view lacrosse like it’s SEC football.
smoova

Post by smoova »

ah23 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:54 am
nospringchicken wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:21 pm campbell may skate by on his old coach's pity but you can bet your house that middlebury will underperform on offense every year. 2024 was especially bad considering that they had their entire offense back. all those years of underperformance only making it tougher to recruit against tufts, wes, bowdoin, etc ...
Their offense was great theater this season, could not believe how inept they were. But still…they played in the NESCAC championship and made back-to-back NCAA quarterfinals for the first time since 2009-2010.

The question isn’t if they can get Middlebury on an upwards trajectory - by any objective measure, they’ve done that over the past two years. The question is if they can leverage two great seasons into more consistent postseason appearances (and wins).

FWIW I don’t think they’re about to be a national contender or have much chance of getting there, but the “gee, will they fire Campbell? Just asking questions!” stuff is nothing more than the usual trolling. Same for the other schools that were mentioned. D-III ADs don’t view lacrosse like it’s SEC football.
Midd OC jumping to Lafayette. May make @nospringchicken's recommended wager a little less attractive in 2025 ...
Madlaxer22

Post by Madlaxer22 »

Hearing rumblings from folks close to the school that Oglethorpe had made their hire, will announce next week
choochooCharlie

smoova wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:09 am
ah23 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:54 am

Midd OC jumping to Lafayette. May make @nospringchicken's recommended wager a little less attractive in 2025 ...
I’ve been posting about the coaching situation at Middlebury since before the first faceoff of 2024. I was called every name in the book by a large swath of people.

When the dust settles and the name calling has ceased, the facts are still there. Where there’s smoke there’s fire.
Mole

Post by Mole »

Madlaxer22 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:48 am Hearing rumblings from folks close to the school that Oglethorpe had made their hire, will announce next week
Is this a pre-mature posting or just a typo?

https://gopetrels.com/sports/mens-lacro ... n-hall/340
Madlaxer22

Post by Madlaxer22 »

Mole wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:00 am
Madlaxer22 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:48 am Hearing rumblings from folks close to the school that Oglethorpe had made their hire, will announce next week
Is this a pre-mature posting or just a typo?

https://gopetrels.com/sports/mens-lacro ... n-hall/340

Looks like they got their guy
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

believe FDU has their guy.
HockeyLaxGolf42

Post by HockeyLaxGolf42 »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:35 am believe FDU has their guy.
Hearing a familiar D3 name here

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”