Transfer Portal 2025

D1 Mens Lacrosse
GaitsRightHand

Re: Transfer Portal 2025

Post by GaitsRightHand »

masondixonlax wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:19 pm
Wheels wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:11 pm
GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:29 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:03 pm Not adding them to the big list but for the sake of visibility, a couple more Maryland guys have entered the portal per IL: Ryan Falkenstein (M) and Cayden Onagi (A/M). Another Loyola guy (Danny Scott) is also in.

Yale FO Nick Ramsey is no longer listed
Could see Cayden Onagi going somewhere pretty good. Wouldn't be surprised if it was St Joes.

Didn't get much burn at MD, but he is a human highlight reel. Some of his juco highlights- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz-atn5HBRM
I really thought he'd get some run this year. I saw him at two of their scrimmages in the fall, and he looked really good. Flipped between A and M and caused defenses a lot of problems from both spots.
+1 especially when Maryland's offense was kinda trash this year I was disappointed and thought Tills would have tried inserting him in the line-up but he has more information.
I retract my SJU statement... hearing that he may not be D1 eligible due to academics. Could be a steal for a Limestone, RIT, etc.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:04 am
HopFan16 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:03 pm Not adding them to the big list but for the sake of visibility, a couple more Maryland guys have entered the portal per IL: Ryan Falkenstein (M) and Cayden Onagi (A/M). Another Loyola guy (Danny Scott) is also in.

Could see Cayden Onagi going somewhere pretty good. Wouldn't be surprised if it was St Joes.

Didn't get much burn at MD, but he is a human highlight reel. Some of his juco highlights- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz-atn5HBRM
I really thought he'd get some run this year. I saw him at two of their scrimmages in the fall, and he looked really good. Flipped between A and M and caused defenses a lot of problems from both spots.
+1 especially when Maryland's offense was kinda trash this year I was disappointed and thought Tills would have tried inserting him in the line-up but he has more information.
I retract my SJU statement... hearing that he may not be D1 eligible due to academics. Could be a steal for a Limestone, RIT, etc.
Tampa?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:09 am

Tampa?
Hopefully not Salisbury !
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

ChopMan23 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:10 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:09 am
GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:29 pm Could see Cayden Onagi going somewhere pretty good. Wouldn't be surprised if it was St Joes.

Tampa?
Hopefully not Salisbury !
Could definitely see Tampa... Tampa weather > Manitoba weather. Salisbury wouldn't be too shocking, either.

Although he is Canadian and they seem to go where the money is $$$. I could see a D2 in his future. Only said RIT because they can offer pretty good "academic packages/grants" for their international students...
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:21 pm
Finster wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:17 pm
hofpride wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:34 pm the attackman in the transfer portal from bucknell would be very fitting at hofstra from a name standpoint

Prior to this year, Furlong was one of the top Patriot attack man, and even ended up on the Tewaaraton watch list. He probably only has a year left, but I’m sure any school could use him. For some reason, he didn’t see the field this year after the second game.
Injured early. Not sure what it was, but bad enough to keep him from his senior year.
Heard he was not injured just quit playing for some reason.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Academics? At least back in the day, RIT was a pretty serious institution, and an academic upgrade from many D-I schools.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

44WeWantMore wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:36 am

Academics? At least back in the day, RIT was a pretty serious institution, and an academic upgrade from many D-I schools.
Still is. Salisbury though accepts anyone who applies so that might be a good fit.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It is and not completely regional but these schools all ride with demographics to a degree and they don't feed into "great" insitutions like Kodak or Bausch and Lamb anymore since they are both gone (Kodak isn't Kodak, B&L out of Roch, paychex doesn't employ tens of thousands like legacy businesses). See the rankings of many SEC colleges rise with the weather and migration. In UGAs case the Hope scholarship drove 90% of it- a ridiculous deal, free with a B avg, conversely a friend whos smart and talented and runs a derviative business for a top ten bank sent his kid out of state to.....Auburn. At $60k a year.

But for RIT, Coons has his own system that is effective and low friction.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Larson Sundown played his 5th at RIT.. He was academically ineligible his first year at Stone (after Juco). Can't imagine his grades were that much better by graduation. Think they have some pull in admissions.. when the player is worth it.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Turnandrake wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:34 am
GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:21 pm
Finster wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:17 pm
hofpride wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:34 pm the attackman in the transfer portal from bucknell would be very fitting at hofstra from a name standpoint

Prior to this year, Furlong was one of the top Patriot attack man, and even ended up on the Tewaaraton watch list. He probably only has a year left, but I’m sure any school could use him. For some reason, he didn’t see the field this year after the second game.
Injured early. Not sure what it was, but bad enough to keep him from his senior year.
Heard he was not injured just quit playing for some reason.
My b. Just double checked w/ a friend..

"Quit the team and partied his ass off during spring break"
Formerhound

Post by Formerhound »

Was told that a number of players at Bucknell quit during the season. Was at the Loyola/Bucknell game and they had less than 35 players on the sidelines. Talked to a parent who said the kids who left had issues with the coaches. Saw a video of the captain on spring break partying at same time team was playing. Who knows?
GoldEagle13

Post by GoldEagle13 »

Formerhound wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:25 am Was told that a number of players at Bucknell quit during the season. Was at the Loyola/Bucknell game and they had less than 35 players on the sidelines. Talked to a parent who said the kids who left had issues with the coaches. Saw a video of the captain on spring break partying at same time team was playing. Who knows?
Bucknell has had culture problems for years. Definitely checks out
hofpride

Post by hofpride »

Turner in portal is body shot for Hofstra , what happened?
Nassaufan

Post by Nassaufan »

He deserves to play at a higher level. Wish him the best.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Former Statesman Chris Patterson to Penn.

https://x.com/TerenceFoy/status/1800969810181808518
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Incoming transfers to

Albany: Rocco Mareno (FO, Towson)
Boston U: Sam Burns (M, Ohio State)
Canisius: Jeff Douglas (D, Ursinus)
Dartmouth: Will Stahl (M, Holy Cross), Thomas Power (A, Colorado College)
Delaware: Cory Capri (A, Yale), Jack Kolbe (A, Merrimack)
Denver: Judge Murphy (A, St. Lawrence)
Duke: Aiden Blake (M, Cornell), Graham Blake (A, Harvard), Paul Weathington (SSDM, Princeton), Eric Malever (A, Maryland), Luke Grayum (A, Richmond), Chris Cusolito (M, Providence)
Fairfield: KJ Delane (A, Merrimack)
Georgetown: Fulton Bayman (A, Notre Dame)
High Point: Jeb Brenfleck (A, Penn State)
Hofstra: Jon Singer (G, Ursinus)
Jacksonville: Drew Kessenich (M, Detroit Mercy), Dom Zingo (D, Lynchburg), Parker Yearego (M, Cleveland State)
Johns Hopkins: Jack Monfort (SSDM, Yale), John McKee (FO, Dickinson), Patrick Hackler (M, Yale), Luke Staudt (G, Loyola)
Marquette: Jack Casey (D, Army)
Maryland: Noah Armitage (M, Stony Brook), Bryce Ford (A, Fairfield), AJ Hernandez (D, Navy), Zack Goorno (SSDM, Bowdoin), Matthew Keegan (A, Binghamton), Luca Ward (A, Holy Cross)
Michigan: Pace Billings (LSM, Princeton), Lukas Stanat (M, Princeton), Will Byrne (A, Bowdoin), DJ Dixon (M, Wesleyan), Jackson Clay (A/M, High Point)
Mount St. Mary's: Nathan Committee (D, Bellarmine), Jack Smith (A, Randolph Macon)
NJIT: Russ Maher (M, Johns Hopkins), Dylan Sebastian (A, Hofstra)
North Carolina: Michael Gianforcaro (G, Princeton), Spencer Wirtheim (M, Cornell), Nick Dupuis (A, Stony Brook), Andrew O'Berry (SSDM, Harvard), Drew Scott (M, TCU football)
Notre Dame: Greg Campisi (LSM, Harvard)
Ohio State: Ryan Donnery (M, Quinnipiac)
Penn: Chris Patterson (A, Hobart)
Penn State: Jack Aimone (M, Rutgers)
Providence: Dan Donahue (G, Union)
Richmond: Ethan Gyllenhaal (SSDM, Bucknell), Brooks Rhine (D, Hobart)
Rutgers: Joseph Juengerkes (SSDM, Princeton), Ethan Barnard (FO, Bowdoin), Kasey Mongillo (M, Merrimack)
Saint Joseph's: Keaton Zavitz (M, Ohio State)
Sacred Heart: Matt Pepe (A, Bryant)
Stony Brook: Colin Reilly (M, North Carolina), Ethan Linsay (A, Army)
Syracuse: Mike Grace (D, RIT), Ryder Ochoa (SSDM, St. John's)
UMass: Gavin Begonia (A, Ohio State)
Villanova: Tyler Sandoval (FO, Princeton), Brett Mallee (D, Yale)
Virginia: Johnny Hackett (M, Bryant), Charles Balsamo (A/M, Duke)

*Notable* players in portal:

Attack
Dutch Furlong, Bucknell
Mason Bregman, UMass
Blake Behlen, Stony Brook
Matt Caputo, Ohio State
Greyson Vorgang, Denver
Koleton Marquis, Johns Hopkins
Owen Murphy, Maryland

Midfield
Trace Hogan, Merrimack
Brian Russell, Merrimack
Tommy Barnds, Princeton
Shane O'Leary, UMass
Vinnie Trujillo, Syracuse
Jack Dowd, Salisbury
Luke Nestor, Salisbury
Trevor Douglas, Quinnipiac
Jack Dougherty, Stony Brook
Nick Turrini, Lehigh
Griffin Turner, Hofstra

Defense
Colin Hart, Brown
Mitch Dunham, Mount St. Mary's
Aiden Bodonyi, Ohio State
Owen Quinn, UMass

Goalie
Jamison MacLachlan, Stony Brook
Connor Theriault, Brown
Jack VanValkenburgh, Albany
Dylan Renner, Adelphi
Matthew Torrey, Air Force

FO
Caleb Hammett, UMass
Andrew Degennaro, Harvard
Andrew Greenspan, Notre Dame
Last edited by HopFan16 on Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finster

Post by Finster »

I feel like UNC has the best haul so far. Here’s my portal rankings to date:

1. UNC
2. Maryland
3. JHU
4. Michigan
5. Duke
Finster

Post by Finster »

Formerhound wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:25 am Was told that a number of players at Bucknell quit during the season. Was at the Loyola/Bucknell game and they had less than 35 players on the sidelines. Talked to a parent who said the kids who left had issues with the coaches. Saw a video of the captain on spring break partying at same time team was playing. Who knows?

Interesting.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Finster wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:39 pm I feel like UNC has the best haul so far. Here’s my portal rankings to date:

1. UNC
2. Maryland
3. JHU
4. Michigan
5. Duke
IMO, Maryland has done the best job of anyone meshing players from the portal with their existing team. It’s not an easy task and that trumps getting the best talent in many ways.
Finster

Post by Finster »

blue angels wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:34 pm
Finster wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:39 pm I feel like UNC has the best haul so far. Here’s my portal rankings to date:

1. UNC
2. Maryland
3. JHU
4. Michigan
5. Duke
IMO, Maryland has done the best job of anyone meshing players from the portal with their existing team. It’s not an easy task and that trumps getting the best talent in many ways.

Agreed.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”