Coaching Carousel 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Coaching Carousel 2024

Post by Farfromgeneva »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:56 am
GaitsRightHand wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:22 am
Late Slide wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:36 am My sense is that schools tend to name head coaches fairly quick. Not sure of the typical timeline. Not sure what's going on at High Point and Merrimack. These are the only 2 D1 HC openings, correct?
UDM is still open.

But I've heard former Assistant/Alum Charlie Hayes will probably end up with it. UDM flew out 4 coaches for an interview. Two D2 coaches and Two D3 coaches. Both D2's turned it down, and 1 D3 turned it down. 2nd D3 didnt get it.

$60k a year, little support from school, and have to fundraise over $100k a year for traveling. Sounds like a D2/3 program playing D1.
$60,000 a year for a job that requires that much work, travel, off hours communication with recruits, etc. is bat turd crazy. That is an incredibly disrespectful salary for that job in a normal economy, let alone today’s inflated economy.
It’s low compared to alternatives but I don’t know the value creation of the job to evaluate what it’s worth. Maybe they feel it’s low value add and don’t care? That’s not disrespectful but calculated to me. Have you seen what some non profits or some really strong theater professional make? Disrespectful is a strong term and I like me strong language.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:04 pm
AreaLax wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:50 pm
JerrysWorld wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:51 pm I don’t understand what is taking High Point so long in this search
According to Terry Foy per his podcast HPU will be having finalists on campus this week

On another forum list three finalists include 2 Assistants from Big Ten/ACC and another candidate is a current HC from a non Big Ten/ACC. There maybe others
I've heard that High Point did the typical southern thing, took their time and dragged their feet. Broschart was a top finalist, but HPU wasn't giving him a direct yes or no answer. He also knew other applicants were coming on campus... Navy wanted an answer immediately so he jumped on the Navy OC job.

Potentially could've been his gig. But, sounds like HPU isn't in any rush. Even though the summers are primetime recruiting months.

Heard 3 names but not 100% sure how accurate but sort of fits the other forums hints... Bernhardt, Crawley, and Wojcik.
Ha I’m 14yrs deep in the south and still can’t handle the nearly stuck in time pace. Like Xenos paradox on steroids! And I’m in Atlanta no S Ga, or eastern Miss.

Crawley be best of three.
BigTom5

Post by BigTom5 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:47 am
JerrysWorld wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:51 pm I don’t understand what is taking High Point so long in this search
According to Terry Foy per his podcast HPU will be having finalists on campus this week

On another forum list three finalists include 2 Assistants from Big Ten/ACC and another candidate is a current HC from a non Big Ten/ACC. There maybe others
I've heard that High Point did the typical southern thing, took their time and dragged their feet. Broschart was a top finalist, but HPU wasn't giving him a direct yes or no answer. He also knew other applicants were coming on campus... Navy wanted an answer immediately so he jumped on the Navy OC job.

Potentially could've been his gig. But, sounds like HPU isn't in any rush. Even though the summers are primetime recruiting months.

Heard 3 names but not 100% sure how accurate but sort of fits the other forums hints... Bernhardt, Crawley, and Wojcik.
Ha I’m 14yrs deep in the south and still can’t handle the nearly stuck in time pace. Like Xenos paradox on steroids! And I’m in Atlanta no S Ga, or eastern Miss.

A decent amount of Hopkins fans would be willing to drive Crawley down to High Point, so the AD could save some money on relocation costs if he goes that route.
sguy9

Post by sguy9 »

A decent amount of Hopkins fans would be willing to drive Crawley down to High Point, so the AD could save some money on relocation costs if he goes that route.
Ha! But seriously, how can this be true? He was a great player there, and the team showed ridiculous improvement this year. Is Crowley the reason? Or would they really be better off without him?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

sguy9 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:46 am
Ha! But seriously, how can this be true? He was a great player there, and the team showed ridiculous improvement this year. Is Crowley the reason? Or would they really be better off without him?
"A decent amount of Hopkins fans" = two guys on an anonymous lacrosse forum. It's not a popular opinion.

Crawley isn't going to High Point
sguy9

Post by sguy9 »

"A decent amount of Hopkins fans" = two guys on an anonymous lacrosse forum. It's not a popular opinion.

thought so, thanks. He will get a chance to lead a program at some point if he keeps up the good work he is already doing.
cuseman4133

Post by cuseman4133 »

Wouldn't be surprised if the HC is Chris Feifs of Vermont. He's from NC and coached at UNC.
118:24 #HHH
sguy9

Post by sguy9 »

Wouldn't be surprised if the HC is Chris Feifs of Vermont. He's from NC and coached at UNC.
Great call! Feifs would be awesome at HPU. But is it a "better" job than UVM? League, support, school, etc...?
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Charlie Hayes officially got UDM. Potentially youngest HC in D1?

Hayes was doing a lot of the coaching and recruiting already... Good luck to the Titans.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... oach/63617
BigTom5

Post by BigTom5 »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:50 am

A quick scroll through the Johns Hopkins thread shows plenty of Hop centric posters expressing this sentiment. Might not be the majority’s opinion but a healthy bunch.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

BigTom5 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:48 am

A quick scroll through the Johns Hopkins thread shows plenty of Hop centric posters expressing this sentiment. Might not be the majority’s opinion but a healthy bunch.
Since you've done the research already, who specifically was saying they need to get rid of him, besides the two resident failsons?
BigTom5

Post by BigTom5 »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:57 am

Since you've done the research already, who specifically was saying they need to get rid of him, besides the two resident failsons?
Norcalhop, HopDonk, and your boy jhu06 voice it the loudest, but a lot more than that are clearly unhappy with the “tulip” offense.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

BigTom5 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:21 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:57 am

Norcalhop, HopDonk, and your boy jhu06 voice it the loudest, but a lot more than that are clearly unhappy with the “tulip” offense.
06 and Doc are the two I was referring to. Norcal did not call to fire Crawley. "HopDonk" is a troll who joined the forum immediately after the quarterfinals, posted three times, and hasn't been seen since. Who knows if he's actually a real fan or not.

Are the "healthy bunch" of Hopkins fans who want to personally drive Crawley to another job in the room with us?
getitdone

Post by getitdone »

No way is Crawley the problem. Bar set way too low. Need to look higher. Some HC's have trouble delegating. PM is one of them.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

getitdone wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:53 pm No way is Crawley the problem. Bar set way too low. Need to look higher. Some HC's have trouble delegating. PM is one of them.
This is exactly the opposite of the case. PM is a major delegator. You might be thinking of someone else
laxfan13

Post by laxfan13 »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:19 am Charlie Hayes officially got UDM. Potentially youngest HC in D1?

Hayes was doing a lot of the coaching and recruiting already... Good luck to the Titans.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... oach/63617
Good luck to him. Good chance for a young guy. I hope it works out for him. Going to be tough. This school doesn't seem to be serious about investing based on the salary some reported on this board. The move to the NEC was a cost cutter and they can pretty much play a Midwest schedule plus one or two trips east for the NEC each year. Sounds like DI at a D3 investment level.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

getitdone wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:53 pm No way is Crawley the problem. Bar set way too low. Need to look higher. Some HC's have trouble delegating. PM is one of them.
This is the exact opposite of the truth.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

BigTom5 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:27 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:47 am

Do you agree with those Hop fans? I watched the offense more at Lehigh when he was there than hop last few years except come playoff time.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cuseman4133 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:10 am

That is a good fit IMO! But is it an upgrade for a guy who’s probably got pretty good job security in VT. Canadians would love the better weather and missions profiles seem similar.

Wait…checking notes, forget that unless HPU is moving to the AE or something .
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

sguy9 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:13 am
Great call! Feifs would be awesome at HPU. But is it a "better" job than UVM? League, support, school, etc...?
Didn’t see your post and basically said the same thing. Brilliant minds…

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”