Coaching Carousel 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
VTLaxGuy

Re: Coaching Carousel 2024

Post by VTLaxGuy »

jerseyjames wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:17 pm The Kean opening really surprises me, must be something more to it, the program had a nice turnaround post covid, obviously the new conference with Salisbury and CNU almost kills the tournament chances but not a very solid job, I imagine a lot of people will be trying to go for the job given it is FT. If its not FT there has to be more going on behind the scenes because there is no reason to move on from Shelly who is a long term face of the program, an alum and has tons of alumni support.
Total speculation here, but I wondered if Kean could be going full time, and if Shelly might make more money (and have a ton of years of service built up) in his local school job? Would be a shame if that's what ultimately lead to him leaving Kean, but I agree with the poster above: there has to be more going on here than meets the eye. IF the job really is open.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

two rumors that I heard from a good source. 1- Kean is going fulltime (or at least trying to). 2- Shelly was asked not to come back
NjLax18

Post by NjLax18 »

Kean just moved their Men’s Soccer coach to Part-time, so if they did that, why make Men’s Lacrosse full time?

I’m not a Shelly fan but you can’t deny that for a part-time guy he dedicated a lot to Kean. I find it highly unlikely they find anyone as dedicated as he was if the job stays part-time.

The pool for Kean (is it’s full-time) and FDU would be very different. IF Kean were full time, there would be a ton of interest, it’s a much better, more stable place to produce a great lacrosse program.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

i still think, even as a PT job, kean is super attractive. great facilities, location, etc. shelly did a good job there as a PT - no reason why another guy can’t do it.

i would imagine the conference situation is a bit of a deterrence though. no real chance of making the tourney anymore.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

VTLaxGuy wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:20 pm
jerseyjames wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:17 pm The Kean opening really surprises me, must be something more to it, the program had a nice turnaround post covid, obviously the new conference with Salisbury and CNU almost kills the tournament chances but not a very solid job, I imagine a lot of people will be trying to go for the job given it is FT. If its not FT there has to be more going on behind the scenes because there is no reason to move on from Shelly who is a long term face of the program, an alum and has tons of alumni support.
Total speculation here, but I wondered if Kean could be going full time, and if Shelly might make more money (and have a ton of years of service built up) in his local school job? Would be a shame if that's what ultimately lead to him leaving Kean, but I agree with the poster above: there has to be more going on here than meets the eye. IF the job really is open.
It's open.
SneaksBeac

Post by SneaksBeac »

Add St Joe's College of Maine.
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

Albertus Magnus College (CT)
Benedictine (IL)
Brevard (NC)
SUNY Brockport
FDU (NJ)
Guilford (NC)
Juniata (PA)
Kean (NJ)
LaGrange (GA)
Northland (WI)
Oglethorpe (GA)
SUNY Potsdam
Rhodes (TN)
St Joseph's (ME)
Virginia Wesleyan (VA) - Sam Jones (Virginia Wesleyan AC)
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

Benedictine (IL)
Brevard (NC)
SUNY Brockport
FDU (NJ)
Guilford (NC)
Juniata (PA)
Kean (NJ)
LaGrange (GA)
Northland (WI)
Oglethorpe (GA)
SUNY Potsdam
Rhodes (TN)
St Joseph's (ME)
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

Leonard Washington wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:28 pm Albertus Magnus College (CT)
Benedictine (IL)
Brevard (NC)
SUNY Brockport
FDU (NJ)
Guilford (NC)
Juniata (PA)
Kean (NJ)
LaGrange (GA)
Northland (WI)
Oglethorpe (GA)
SUNY Potsdam
Rhodes (TN)
I see you added Brevard? Is that true? I know their Women's job opened but did not hear anything about the Men's being open?
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

LaxCoach13 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:12 am I see you added Brevard? Is that true? I know their Women's job opened but did not hear anything about the Men's being open?
Yes. Both jobs are posted and open on a few sites, including Brevards website
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
Leonard Washington

LaGrange has been filled

https://lagrangepanthers.com/news/2024/ ... coach.aspx

Glad they moved quickly to not miss out on summer recruiting
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
MajorMacLax18

Post by MajorMacLax18 »

Benedictine (IL)
Brevard (NC)
SUNY Brockport
FDU (NJ)
Guilford (NC)
Juniata (PA)
Kean (NJ)
LaGrange (GA) - Kevin Riordan (Coastal Carolina HC - MCLA)
Northland (WI)
Oglethorpe (GA)
SUNY Potsdam
Rhodes (TN)
St Joseph's (ME)
TopperLax82

Post by TopperLax82 »

choochooCharlie wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:55 am Lots of talk on the forum of some big spots coming up.

-WAC
-Denison
-Middlebury
-Stevens

Any validity to the rumors?
While Denison alums haven't been happy with the state of the lacrosse program, the HC isn't going anywhere. They're adding a new FT assistant. Recent grad of Cleveland State and an Ohio kid from a prep school.
EasyRider

Post by EasyRider »

TopperLax82 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:23 pm While Denison alums haven't been happy with the state of the lacrosse program, the HC isn't going anywhere. They're adding a new FT assistant. Recent grad of Cleveland State and an Ohio kid from a prep school.
Heard the same. Koch, Napier, + new hire. Bartlett's are moving on.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Leonard Washington wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 1:25 pm
Njlaxx11 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 12:48 pm kean is the best job out there. surprising - they’ve been relatively successful the last few years
Will it be going full time?
Part time...
JerseyGuy

Post by JerseyGuy »

That’s ridiculous that Kean will be filled as P/T. Stockton men’s coach sued awhile ago because he was P/T and women’s coach was F/T. He won the suit.
Leonard Washington

JerseyGuy wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:35 pm That’s ridiculous that Kean will be filled as P/T. Stockton men’s coach sued awhile ago because he was P/T and women’s coach was F/T. He won the suit.
+1

There may be other factors involved but man that's tough
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Leonard Washington wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:42 pm
JerseyGuy wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:35 pm That’s ridiculous that Kean will be filled as P/T. Stockton men’s coach sued awhile ago because he was P/T and women’s coach was F/T. He won the suit.
+1

Girls lax coach f/t, both basketball coaches f/t, baseball and softball f/t, 5 football coaches f/t, field hockey f/t, ect. Makes no sense considering it's the 2nd largest sports program on campus. They currently have 1 assistant of staff.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

laxdad1434 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:57 pm
Leonard Washington wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:42 pm
+1

Girls lax coach f/t, both basketball coaches f/t, baseball and softball f/t, 5 football coaches f/t, field hockey f/t, ect. Makes no sense considering it's the 2nd largest sports program on campus. They currently have 1 assistant of staff.
You answered your own question, like you said second biggest team on campus and has PT coach, the admins must see it as not necessary to get the numbers they want. I agree with you but this is probably Keans thinking.
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

MajorMacLax18 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:27 am Albertus Magnus College (CT)
Benedictine (IL)
Brevard (NC)
SUNY Brockport
FDU (NJ)
Guilford (NC)
Juniata (PA)
Kean (NJ)
LaGrange (GA) - Kevin Riordan (Coastal Carolina HC - MCLA)
Northland (WI)
Oglethorpe (GA)
SUNY Potsdam
Rhodes (TN)
St Joseph's (ME)
I see SUNY Brockport is list on here, our son is looking at going there but confused I know their coach was new last year and he is still listed as their coach? Are you sure he is gone and if so any idea why?

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”