2024 New York State High School Tournament

HS Girls Lacrosse
thedisciple516

2024 New York State High School Tournament

Post by thedisciple516 »

Regionals are in the books. what do you all think?

Class A - IMO Cicero-North Syracuse takes Class A. Massapequa doesn't look too strong and Class A on Long Island isn't very impressive. Few other threats in the rest of the State. Defending champ Fairport made it out of Section V but they are down significanlty from last year.

Class B - Would've bet my life that Garden City would win it all. The fact that a not overally impressive West Islip beat them means this class is a toss up. Victor is always strong but not quite what they were in recent years. Toss up.

Class C - Sayville has to be the strong favorite after taking out BBP. Never mind Rye is looking pretty impressive whoever wins Rye vs. Sayville wins it all. Nothing upstate can challenge either of those two

Class D - This is a tough one. Cold Spring Harbor is one of the best teams on the Island and this is saying something for Class D. You'd think they'd cruise to the title. But South Jefferson out of the North Country has been really impressive this season and can give them a run IMO. Can't wait to see how this plays out.
JoeMauer89

Re: 2024 New York State High School Tournament

Post by JoeMauer89 »

thedisciple516 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:45 pm Regionals are in the books. what do you all think?

Class A - IMO Cicero-North Syracuse takes Class A. Massapequa doesn't look too strong and Class A on Long Island isn't very impressive. Few other threats in the rest of the State. Defending champ Fairport made it out of Section V but they are down significanlty from last year.

Class B - Would've bet my life that Garden City would win it all. The fact that a not overally impressive West Islip beat them means this class is a toss up. Victor is always strong but not quite what they were in recent years. Toss up.

Class C - Sayville has to be the strong favorite after taking out BBP. Never mind Rye is looking pretty impressive whoever wins Rye vs. Sayville wins it all. Nothing upstate can challenge either of those two

Class D - This is a tough one. Cold Spring Harbor is one of the best teams on the Island and this is saying something for Class D. You'd think they'd cruise to the title. But South Jefferson out of the North Country has been really impressive this season and can give them a run IMO. Can't wait to see how this plays out.
Class A- I think Pequa surprises and takes it against CNS. They are very battle-tested playing in the power league and play a stronger schedule than CNS.

Class B- With GC out, Victor takes it but not easily.

Class C- Sayville is OUTSTANDING. Nobody is taking them down this year. Might be the best team in NYS besides St Anthony's.

Class D- CSH edges out South Jefferson. But I wouldn't be surprised if South Jefferson won it.

Joe
CnyLax

Post by CnyLax »

Class A - CNS went down to Maryland this year to play some games & also played a bunch of Rochester teams. I think they take Class A with ease
Class B - Agree that it's Victor's to lose but they should have 2 tough games
Class C - Probably where Upstate is the weakest so give this one to downstate
Class D - Toss up? This game should be a battle

I'll go 2 Upstate & 2 Downstate like last year
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

CnyLax wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:03 pm Class A - CNS went down to Maryland this year to play some games & also played a bunch of Rochester teams. I think they take Class A with ease
Class B - Agree that it's Victor's to lose but they should have 2 tough games
Class C - Probably where Upstate is the weakest so give this one to downstate
Class D - Toss up? This game should be a battle

I'll go 2 Upstate & 2 Downstate like last year
cnylax,

Good point, I forgot that they played 2 games down there. I'm just wondering how they lost to St John's College 19-9. Seemed like they were an average team this year. Could it have been the travel that affected them? I mean they beat Bullis School badly but they were 4-14. Any color on this?

Joe
CnyLax

Post by CnyLax »

I want to say they had 6 or 7 cards which changed the game? They have been a juggernaut all year up here. They already beat Faieport, beat South Jeff 13-1 , beat West Genny who is in the semi's too. I mean anything can happen as we've seen last week but they are very good.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

CnyLax wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:39 pm I want to say they had 6 or 7 cards which changed the game? They have been a juggernaut all year up here. They already beat Faieport, beat South Jeff 13-1 , beat West Genny who is in the semi's too. I mean anything can happen as we've seen last week but they are very good.
Thanks for the background. I just found at a bit odd the score differential there. But it likely was a sloppy game due to travel fatigue. They likely will come out on top of Massapequa.

Joe
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Fairport takes out M'pequa 10-9. CNS rolled Suffern by a lot.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
CnyLax

Post by CnyLax »

Nigel wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:49 pm Fairport takes out M'pequa 10-9. CNS rolled Suffern by a lot.
So....

Class A Fairport vs CNS -
Class B Victor vs West Genesee
Class C Sayville vs Rye
Class D Cold Spring vs South Jefferson
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

CnyLax wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:32 pm
Nigel wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:49 pm Fairport takes out M'pequa 10-9. CNS rolled Suffern by a lot.
So....

Class C Sayville vs Rye
Class A Fairport vs CNS - CNS takes it.
Class B Victor vs West Genesee- Victor wins by 3
Class C Sayville vs Rye- Sayville wins by 3
Class D Cold Spring vs South Jefferson- This is a true toss-up, I will say CSH by 1 as they seem to be more battle-tested.

Joe
CnyLax

Post by CnyLax »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:58 am
CnyLax wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:32 pm
So....

Class C Sayville vs Rye
Class A Fairport vs CNS - CNS takes it.
Class B Victor vs West Genesee- Victor wins by 3
Class C Sayville vs Rye- Sayville wins by 3
Class D Cold Spring vs South Jefferson- This is a true toss-up, I will say CSH by 1 as they seem to be more battle-tested.

Joe
Agreed but being from CNY I'm hoping Genny and South Jeff win
thedisciple516

Post by thedisciple516 »

So the winners were Cicero-North Syracuse (Class A), Victor (Class B), Sayville (Class C) and Cold Spring Harbor (Class D). None of these are really suprising. Overall it was a tie Long Island and Upstate split 2-2.

Class A - Cicero winning was not a surprise at all. Class A was pretty weak in NYS this year and they were clearly the best.

Class B - Victor was not as strong this year as in the past few years but the rest of Class B state wide was weak... and Victor is still really good. Still shocked Garden City lost. Once they did it was pretty clear it was Victor's for the taking.

Class C - No surprise that undefeated Sayville took it but nice job Rye giving them a challenge. Also as a Central New York homer I want to give major props to Fulton for keeping it close with a Rye team in the semis that has all sorts of high level Division 1 recruits. Fulton is a struggling working class town and few would believe they could produce a girls lax team that could hang with a team like Rye

Class D - Was really hoping South Jefferson could pull it out, and after their demolishment of a decent Bronxville squad in the semis I thought it might happen.... but alas deep down I knew it wasn't possible. Cold Spring Harbor this year was one of the best Class D teams in state history. Still great season for South Jeff. Great program they have going up there in the North Country.

Return to “HS GIRLS LACROSSE”