Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Orange Duce

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

get it to x wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:20 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:42 pm
get it to x wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:34 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:21 pm
get it to x wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:12 pm
njbill wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:31 pm The judge did not rule that the FEC expert could not testify. Rather, he limited the scope about what he would be permitted to testify (very common with expert witnesses). The defense chose not to call him.

One of the many untruths circulating about this trial.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-m ... 4de62d9032
Correct. The limited scope included not being allowed to testify as to whether it was a violation of federal campaign finance law. He was limited in scope to the purpose and operation of the FEC in general. Therefore, his testimony was rendered to be of little to no value for the defense.

This is just one of many sketchy procedures that will result in a reversal of the verdict on appeal. Never laying out the crime until closing arguments is another. The 6th Amendment guarantees the charge must be enumerated so the client can defend. Not sure why the state get's to go last in NY, but defendant never got the chance to respond.

If I was Trump, I would turn down any pardon and let this run it's course.
I'm not sure the testimony was excluded because it was "of little to no value for the defense." I might be wrong, but courts generally do not allow "expert testimony" on legal issues, or specific conclusions of law, because this is exactly what the Courts are charged with doing. This kind of expert testimony invades the province of the judge in a trial, to tell the jury (who are the exclusive deciders of what the facts are) what the law is.
I will grant you that the court decides legal issues, but the case was built on the hush money payment being the vehicle for some election crime. The one exculpatory witness who could have said the payment itself was not a campaign violation was prevented from saying so. Bragg wasn't saying the payment was the crime, but was in furtherance of some other NY state crime (which used to be a misdemeanor until 5 minutes ago). It was of as much value to the defense as Cohen testifying he plead to campaign violations. Cohen pleading gave it the color of Trump being involved in his "crime", whether he was or not. Many reversible errors by this judge according to legal scholars like Turley and Dershowitz, both classic liberals and "Never Trumpers".
Since when were those two not entirely in the bag for Trump??? "Never Trumpers"???! :roll:

Yup, the election crime was a donation that was large and unreported, a thing of significant value, and the false records were to hide that intent. It's not really that complicated.

Jury wasn't confused, though Turley and Dershowitz want to pretend they were bamboozled and there's a whole lot of cult members buying it. And they're getting paid very well for those eyeballs they participate in BS'ng. They and Andy McCarthy...

I don't see this losing on appeal at the State level, unless SCOTUS is even more in the bag for Trump than I think.
Really? Dershowitz voted for HRC and JRB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8UWjyoEA7Y

Turley voted against Trump.

https://www.facebook.com/WhiteHouse45/v ... cale=ms_MY

You mistook their fervor for blind justice as fealty to Trump. Just like you mistake your fevered dream of Trump in a jumpsuit at any cost as blind justice.

Yeah….that guy.
“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

How ironic that 11 MAGATs wwere hospitalized with heat stroke waiting in line to enter Orange Fatso's rally in AZ (where it is only 107 degrees) where he denies climate change. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1nLzmP
a fan

Post by a fan »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:08 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:44 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:38 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:14 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:46 pm ... the age of Trump. Such a great example for the people of the country.
Yep. I hope he wins again. It’s going to be quite a ride.
Why do you want him to win? There has to be some sort of ulterior motive on your part. Thanks!

Joe
You may recall that TLD employs irony and sarcasm rather prolifically.

He's previously said he'd vote for a manhole cover over Trump, a posture with which I wholeheartedly agree.
Am I aware, I am playing to that notion. I wanted to hear his sardonic answer.

Joe
It's the same reason many of us want Trump to win, Joe. If you think it's such a great idea to vote him in (and I'm not saying you are...I don't know)? Go ahead.

We've explained about 100 different ways over the years that Trump policies royally F his base, and shovels money at light speed to the very liberals that graduate from the "woke" colleges Trump tells you are "bad".

Every liberal I know, Joe....the ones with multiple degrees from top Universities...were made even MORE rich by Trump's policies which favor the top 20% earners in the US, and royally F everyone else. And by "everyone else"....I mean Trump's base.

Who do you thin owns Stock, Joe? Libs with three degrees, or working class Americans? Who do you think gets more money when Trump slashed taxes on the rich, and to make matters worse, slashed taxes on the multinational nationals.....making them more profitable. And again: who owns their stock, Joe.

And when Trump increased Federal spending from $3.8 Trillion to $6.4 trillion in just four years...what do you think that did to inflation?

And who was screwed over by inflation, Joe? Trump's working class and fixed income base? Or the top 10% earners, who's home values and stock portfolio ALWAYS stay ahead of inflation?

And yes, the court backing Trump did favors the rich. That's who right wing judges favor, Joe.

So please. Go ahead and bring Trump back. And watch his base fall even further behind. They don't notice this stuff, because they're too busy being mesmerized by Trump's pointless fake culture war against the libs, gays, trans, et. al.

Edit to add: just in case you missed the other discussions? We're waiting and hoping that the REAL conservatives show up in the Republican party, and create economic policies that actually HELP the American Working Class, i.e.: TrumpNation.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:59 pm
njbill wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:31 pm The judge did not rule that the FEC expert could not testify. Rather, he limited the scope about what he would be permitted to testify (very common with expert witnesses). The defense chose not to call him.

Correct. The limited scope included not being allowed to testify as to whether it was a violation of federal campaign finance law. He was limited in scope to the purpose and operation of the FEC in general. Therefore, his testimony was rendered to be of little to no value for the defense.

This is just one of many sketchy procedures that will result in a reversal of the verdict on appeal. Never laying out the crime until closing arguments is another. The 6th Amendment guarantees the charge must be enumerated so the client can defend. Not sure why the state get's to go last in NY, but defendant never got the chance to respond.

I'm not sure the testimony was excluded because it was "of little to no value for the defense." I might be wrong, but courts generally do not allow "expert testimony" on legal issues, or specific conclusions of law, because this is exactly what the Courts are charged with doing. This kind of expert testimony invades the province of the judge in a trial, to tell the jury (who are the exclusive deciders of what the facts are) what the law is.
I will grant you that the court decides legal issues, but the case was built on the hush money payment being the vehicle for some election crime. The one exculpatory witness who could have said the payment itself was not a campaign violation was prevented from saying so. Bragg wasn't saying the payment was the crime, but was in furtherance of some other NY state crime (which used to be a misdemeanor until 5 minutes ago). It was of as much value to the defense as Cohen testifying he plead to campaign violations. Cohen pleading gave it the color of Trump being involved in his "crime", whether he was or not. Many reversible errors by this judge according to legal scholars like Turley and Dershowitz, both classic liberals and "Never Trumpers".
Since when were those two not entirely in the bag for Trump??? "Never Trumpers"???! :roll:

Yup, the election crime was a donation that was large and unreported, a thing of significant value, and the false records were to hide that intent. It's not really that complicated.

Jury wasn't confused, though Turley and Dershowitz want to pretend they were bamboozled and there's a whole lot of cult members buying it. And they're getting paid very well for those eyeballs they participate in BS'ng. They and Andy McCarthy...

I don't see this losing on appeal at the State level, unless SCOTUS is even more in the bag for Trump than I think.

You mistook their fervor for blind justice as fealty to Trump. Just like you mistake your fevered dream of Trump in a jumpsuit at any cost as blind justice.

Yeah….that guy.
Hey, look at that squirrel!!!

Even OJ deserved a defense under our system. Maybe you would prefer execution first, trial later. Let's get out the guillotine. Off with his head!!
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

get it to x wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:42 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:59 pm

Yeah….that guy.
Hey, look at that squirrel!!!

Even OJ deserved a defense under our system. Maybe you would prefer execution first, trial later. Let's get out the guillotine. Off with his head!!
Hey look at lyin’ Alan Dirtbag!
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

a fan wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:53 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:46 pm ... the age of Trump. Such a great example for the people of the country.
Why do you want him to win? There has to be some sort of ulterior motive on your part. Thanks!

Joe

He's previously said he'd vote for a manhole cover over Trump, a posture with which I wholeheartedly agree.

Joe
It's the same reason many of us want Trump to win, Joe. If you think it's such a great idea to vote him in (and I'm not saying you are...I don't know)? Go ahead.

We've explained about 100 different ways over the years that Trump policies royally F his base, and shovels money at light speed to the very liberals that graduate from the "woke" colleges Trump tells you are "bad".

Every liberal I know, Joe....the ones with multiple degrees from top Universities...were made even MORE rich by Trump's policies which favor the top 20% earners in the US, and royally F everyone else. And by "everyone else"....I mean Trump's base.

Who do you thin owns Stock, Joe? Libs with three degrees, or working class Americans? Who do you think gets more money when Trump slashed taxes on the rich, and to make matters worse, slashed taxes on the multinational nationals.....making them more profitable. And again: who owns their stock, Joe.

And when Trump increased Federal spending from $3.8 Trillion to $6.4 trillion in just four years...what do you think that did to inflation?

And who was screwed over by inflation, Joe? Trump's working class and fixed income base? Or the top 10% earners, who's home values and stock portfolio ALWAYS stay ahead of inflation?

And yes, the court backing Trump did favors the rich. That's who right wing judges favor, Joe.

So please. Go ahead and bring Trump back. And watch his base fall even further behind. They don't notice this stuff, because they're too busy being mesmerized by Trump's pointless fake culture war against the libs, gays, trans, et. al.

Edit to add: just in case you missed the other discussions? We're waiting and hoping that the REAL conservatives show up in the Republican party, and create economic policies that actually HELP the American Working Class, i.e.: TrumpNation.
I'm happily waiting for that last part as well. Don't like Biden, but thats just me. Good points.

Joe
a fan

Post by a fan »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:45 pm

Joe

Joe

I'm happily waiting for that last part as well. Don't like Biden, but thats just me. Good points.

Joe
I don't like Biden either. But at least he's trying to pass SOME stuff, whether i like the bills or not. I thought Obamacare was a horrible, half-measure bill. But at least Obama TRIED, and at least it directly helped America's poor.

Think on this: what was the last bill spearheaded by Republicans that helped the American Working class?

And when you can't name one? Now you know why for the last three decades, the gap between the rich coastal liberal elites, and the working class Americans living elsewhere has grown into a chasm. We need real, serious, big-boy-table Conservative ideas DESPERATELY in America.

Passing laws sticking it to the gays doesn't feed, house, and get TrumpNation's kids 21st century training for a 21st century jobs. At some point, these voters need to wake up, and figure this out.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

a fan wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:58 pm

Joe

Joe

Joe
I don't like Biden either. But at least he's trying to pass SOME stuff, whether i like the bills or not. I thought Obamacare was a horrible, half-measure bill. But at least Obama TRIED, and at least it directly helped America's poor.

Think on this: what was the last bill spearheaded by Republicans that helped the American Working class?

And when you can't name one? Now you know why for the last three decades, the gap between the rich coastal liberal elites, and the working class Americans living elsewhere has grown into a chasm. We need real, serious, big-boy-table Conservative ideas DESPERATELY in America.

Passing laws sticking it to the gays doesn't feed, house, and get TrumpNation's kids 21st century training for a 21st century jobs. At some point, these voters need to wake up, and figure this out.
That third paragraph certainly rings true, hopefully somebody emerges for the 2028 cycle. It's what I think ultimately happens.

Joe
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Joe

Joe

Joe

Congress controls the purse strings. They haven't passed spending bills under regular order in a while. The President can only refuse to sign them, and only Republican presidents would take any flack from the establishment media for shutting down the government. SSI and other means tested programs are exempt. I think we should shut it down, if for no other reason than to show the public how essential our federal government is, or isn't.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
a fan

Post by a fan »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:09 pm

Joe

Joe

Joe

That third paragraph certainly rings true, hopefully somebody emerges for the 2028 cycle. It's what I think ultimately happens.

Joe
Cross yer fingers, my man, and lets hope. Because from where I sit? TeamTinFoil has taken the reins of the R party, and the adults in the R party aren't speaking up, and taking the reins for themselves.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

a fan wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:12 pm

Joe

Joe

Joe

Joe
Cross yer fingers, my man, and lets hope. Because from where I sit? TeamTinFoil has taken the reins of the R party, and the adults in the R party aren't speaking up, and taking the reins for themselves.
Please identify an adult in the Republican Party. Mitt?? Please. He would sell out the middle class in favor of cheap, migrant labor for his buddies. Mitch. Busy at the trough as well. They all are. We are so screwed up financially because we voted in people who are more interested in feathering their own nests than worrying about whether young people can leave the nest.
a fan

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:10 pm

Joe

Joe

Joe

Congress controls the purse strings. They haven't passed spending bills under regular order in a while. The President can only refuse to sign them, and only Republican presidents would take any flack from the establishment media for shutting down the government. SSI and other means tested programs are exempt. I think we should shut it down, if for no other reason than to show the public how essential our federal government is, or isn't.
Make it a REAL shutdown, and I promise you that the rational among us will see that the Fed is keeping the lights on EVERYWHERE.

I can list just one thing that would bring American to its knees: shut down money that flows from Medicare and Medicaid to Hospitals.

Every hospital would close.
a fan

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:31 pm

Joe

Joe

Joe

Joe
Please identify an adult in the Republican Party. Mitt?? Please. He would sell out the middle class in favor of cheap, migrant labor for his buddies. Mitch. Busy at the trough as well. They all are. We are so screwed up financially because we voted in people who are more interested in feathering their own nests than worrying about whether young people can leave the nest.
+1 Yep. Which is why I do not share Joe's optimism for 2028.

And yes, these same nest featherers are in the D party. Simple example: Biden "forgetting" to end Trump's Tax cuts for multinationals and the rich.

Yeah, right. He "forgot" to do that.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

a fan wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:31 pm
get it to x wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:10 pm

Joe

Joe

Joe

Make it a REAL shutdown, and I promise you that the rational among us will see that the Fed is keeping the lights on EVERYWHERE.

I can list just one thing that would bring American to its knees: shut down money that flows from Medicare and Medicaid to Hospitals.

Every hospital would close.
Don’t know about all, but as FFG noted, scads in rural areas are already going tets up as a result of wunderkind financial wizardry REITS foundering on the rocks of a “normal” monetary policy.

But hey, free market’s always right, correct?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Joe

Joe

Joe

Joe
This is doubly true for Orange Fatso. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Joe

Joe
Sardonic is apt. :D
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:39 pm

Joe

Joe

Joe

Joe
This is doubly true for Orange Fatso. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Does Jesus love Orange Fatso? I'm only asking for a friend.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:32 pm

Joe

Joe

Joe

Joe
+1 Yep. Which is why I do not share Joe's optimism for 2028.

And yes, these same nest featherers are in the D party. Simple example: Biden "forgetting" to end Trump's Tax cuts for multinationals and the rich.

Yeah, right. He "forgot" to do that.
Do you think the votes were ever there in the Senate to end those cuts? I don’t. They terminate next year which is why the billionaires are rushing to support Trump even though they know he’s a POS. Biden would not sign any extension. It’s a strong example of the difference in these two candidates.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Just catching up on this.

Your post to which I responded said the judge ruled the expert could not testify, which was not correct. Yes, he did rule that the expert could not give an opinion that Trump did not commit the campaign violation crime, but that is different from what you initially said. That ruling was 100% correct and will certainly be upheld on appeal. It’s black letter law, true in all state and federal courts everywhere, that an expert cannot testify to the jury about what the law is. That is the province of the judge.

Now, there are other aspects of the case that are no doubt possible fodder for appeal. But the judge’s ruling limiting the scope of the expert’s testimony is not one of them.

At least from what you read in the press, it seems as though the appeal won’t be decided until after the election. Bad break for Trump? Possibly. But you have to juxtapose that one bad break against all the other good breaks he is getting in the other cases: in the DC case from the Supreme Court, in the Georgia case from the Georgia courts, and in the Florida case from Judge Cannon.

Trump is not going to get a pardon from Kathy Hochul or, I would think, any other future Democratic New York governor. If there is ever a Republican governor, maybe that one will give him a pardon, although it may need to be posthumous. (Of course, no president can pardon Trump for these state crimes.)

People misunderstand the Trump prosecution in New York. It was not brought on by the national Democrats. In fact, the feds declined to bring a very similar prosecution. Biden did not want the state to prosecute Trump for the simple reason that he, and many others, thought Trump might get off, which would give Trump ammunition with his base.

The prosecution was brought on due to the intense loathing Manhattanites have for Trump for his decades-long foppish behavior, running around the city like he was some big deal. The overwhelming sentiment in the city was that he needed to be brought down a peg. In short, he asked for it.
ggait

Post by ggait »

As a convicted felon, Trump is no longer allowed to own a gun in NY.

But if he wins the election, then he gets the nuclear codes. And also the keys to the entire USA military!
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.

Return to “POLITICS”