Transfer Portal 2024

D1 Womens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: Transfer Portal 2024

Post by DMac »

intheknow247 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:22 am Markey was more than happy to find a new home (where a new staff will value her)...straight from the hot skinny inbox courtesy of DMac.
Don't know anything about it, where did she go (if she has)?
If she has, was it because the staff didn't appreciate her
(I see that as baloney) or because she saw greener grass
elsewhere given the number of outstanding players who
won't be at Cuse next year (they lose a ton to graduation)?
Check the hot skinny box, see what you come up with there.
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

Haven't seen it confirmed anywhere but word is the Drexel goalie is going to Florida.
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

DMac wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:21 am
intheknow247 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:22 am Markey was more than happy to find a new home (where a new staff will value her)...straight from the hot skinny inbox courtesy of DMac.
Hasn't gone anywhere yet, hence she is in the portal. Western NY air getting to you? And you "don't know anything about it" but call my statement baloney? Convenient.

My source confirms with said player - wanted out to play somewhere else because she wants a staff that values her as a player. Inbox keeps saying the same thing.
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

intheknow247 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:39 pm
Hasn't gone anywhere yet, hence she is in the portal. Western NY air getting to you? And you "don't know anything about it" but call my statement baloney? Convenient.

My source confirms with said player - wanted out to play somewhere else because she wants a staff that values her as a player. Inbox keeps saying the same thing.
Seems like she would be a great addition to any midfield.
DMac

Post by DMac »

intheknow247 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:39 pm

Air's fine, a little toasty today though. "Don't know anything about it" was in reference to where she went.
You said she "was more than happy to find a new home". That's past tense, as in she found her new happy home
where she's appreciated, I wanted to know where she went. You needed to say, might be/will be happy to find a new home in order for anyone to understand what you're saying. Tell the person who is sending the hot skinny to you to communicate more effectively. Ultimately you're spreading hearsay, meanwhile, my thoughts might be right on the money.

She's a great get (if someone gets her) for any team, GR, very speedy, good player.
Idontknowtherules

Post by Idontknowtherules »

It was actually me who made the appreciated comment And some people assume everyone at cuse is happy Not the case And I’m sure it’s not the case at most schools She’s looking for a different experience And yes I do know what the *#+ I’m talking about Lax world here on the island is small Girls are friends and yes they do talk
DMac

Post by DMac »

Looking for a new experience and not appreciated by the coaching staff are not synonymous.
Yup, they do talk, that's where a lot of rumors come from too.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

laxfan9999 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:33 pm Haven't seen it confirmed anywhere but word is the Drexel goalie is going to Florida.
Doesn't Florida already have a pretty great goalie who still has two years of eligibility?
UpDownLax

Post by UpDownLax »

laxfan9999 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:33 pm Haven't seen it confirmed anywhere but word is the Drexel goalie is going to Florida.
Not accurate at this time. She was visiting schools this week, including yesterday. I doubt she is wasting her time if she has decided to go to Florida.
Deacon022

Post by Deacon022 »

UpDownLax wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:33 am
Not accurate at this time. She was visiting schools this week, including yesterday. I doubt she is wasting her time if she has decided to go to Florida.
Free vacations?
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

Idontknowtherules wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:27 pm
It was actually me who made the appreciated comment And some people assume everyone at cuse is happy Not the case And I’m sure it’s not the case at most schools She’s looking for a different experience And yes I do know what the *#+ I’m talking about Lax world here on the island is small Girls are friends and yes they do talk
IDKTR is dead on - lax is really small on the island - and is putting it nicely with "different experience". Developed well under Gait, then KT comes into town and she is relegated to playing defense. Could have come back this year to play but chose not to and redshirted because she knew what role she would have, plus, that wasn't going to change next year. There is no reading between the lines DMac, it is FACTS.
Idontknowtherules

Post by Idontknowtherules »

intheknow247 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:13 am
IDKTR is dead on - lax is really small on the island - and is putting it nicely with "different experience". Developed well under Gait, then KT comes into town and she is relegated to playing defense. Could have come back this year to play but chose not to and redshirted because she knew what role she would have, plus, that wasn't going to change next year. There is no reading between the lines DMac, it is FACTS.
Dmac You love the orange We get it But it’s not always what it seems (again not just there) It’s not rumors The girls are friends from all these teams Top to bottom She wasn’t happy I hope she finds a place that she can enjoy the last year They’ve had a lot of people leave under Gary All much happier where they ended up
laxinallthetime

Post by laxinallthetime »

Just curious, can someone explain what happens if a player is not picked up in the portal? I apologize if this has been asked before...thanks!
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

laxinallthetime wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:20 am Just curious, can someone explain what happens if a player is not picked up in the portal? I apologize if this has been asked before...thanks!
Their current school has the right to drop them and their $$ when they enter the portal. Sometimes this happens, a few times the kid will go back. Many times the girl will become a NARP for a year and then try to transfer in the next window.
UpDownLax

Post by UpDownLax »

One full season under gait and one full season under KT. Started 16 of 20 at midfield in that full season under KT. Her junior year she was asked to help the team by moving to D after one of the starters tore her ACL. Su only returns 2 middies that have played at all. I doubt it was “fact” Markey would have been on the field as a defender next season if she returned.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Idontknowtherules wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:18 am
Dmac You love the orange We get it But it’s not always what it seems (again not just there) It’s not rumors The girls are friends from all these teams Top to bottom She wasn’t happy I hope she finds a place that she can enjoy the last year They’ve had a lot of people leave under Gary All much happier where they ended up
No disagreement ('cept you can bet rumors start here and stories get twisted too...so and so said, and so and so said). I know how small the lacrosse world is and how connected many of these players, coaches, and even families are. My only beef with this discussion is the unappreciated part. While Jenny might not be happy with the role she's being asked to play, that in no way is an indication that KT and staff don't appreciate her as a player (and probably as a person too), they just see her in a different role than she does. This unappreciated part is nonsense.
laxinallthetime

Post by laxinallthetime »

LaxDadMax wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:30 am
laxinallthetime wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:20 am Just curious, can someone explain what happens if a player is not picked up in the portal? I apologize if this has been asked before...thanks!
Their current school has the right to drop them and their $$ when they enter the portal. Sometimes this happens, a few times the kid will go back. Many times the girl will become a NARP for a year and then try to transfer in the next window.
THank you very much!
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

DMac wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:59 am
No disagreement ('cept you can bet rumors start here and stories get twisted too...so and so said, and so and so said). I know how small the lacrosse world is and how connected many of these players, coaches, and even families are. My only beef with this discussion is the unappreciated part. While Jenny might not be happy with the role she's being asked to play, that in no way is an indication that KT and staff don't appreciate her as a player (and probably as a person too), they just see her in a different role than she does. This unappreciated part is nonsense.
+1

Joe
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

DMac wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:59 am
Keep drinking the ORANGE kool-aid!
DMac

Post by DMac »

Has nothing to do with kool-aid, you just don't want to see that part.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”