The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: 2024

Post by cradleandshoot »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:41 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:29 am https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama ... ate-quote/

So the mainstream media can neither confirm or deny. BHO could come out in a New York minute and say he never said that. Who did BHO support in 2016? Hint...it wasn't his former VP. IMO Bidens incompetence in his first 3 and a half years has proven his former boss correct. 8-)
Biden's son, Hunter, and his CRACK use.....especially Hunters getting tossed from the US Navy.....for CRACK use......was just to close to the bone, and Joe did NOT run for POTUSA in 2016.

Very, very, short military career for the Yale law school grad.

Very short.

Biden's don't even have a table at Fagarrs Island, let alone a spread like Barack and Michelle on the
All of those same dynamics are in play for Biden in 2024. His problem child and his woes should have convinced him of the pressing need to spend more time with his family. Joe may need to stick around just long enough to pardon his son.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:56 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:29 am https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama ... ate-quote/

So the mainstream media can neither confirm or deny. BHO could come out in a New York minute and say he never said that. Who did BHO support in 2016? Hint...it wasn't his former VP. IMO Bidens incompetence in his first 3 and a half years has proven his former boss correct. 8-)
Biden's son, Hunter, and his CRACK use.....especially Hunters getting tossed from the US Navy.....for CRACK use......was just to close to the bone, and Joe did NOT run for POTUSA in 2016.

Very short.

Biden's don't even have a table at Fagarrs Island, let alone a spread like Barack and Michelle on the
All of those same dynamics are in play for Biden in 2024. His problem child and his woes should have convinced him of the pressing need to spend more time with his family. Joe may need to stick around just long enough to pardon his son.
but, but....BUT.....

tRumps daughter got sell dresses in CHINA.

Still think Hillaryous Clinton will get the nod, over Joe, in the coming weeks.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:09 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:56 am

Very short.

but, but....BUT.....

tRumps daughter got sell dresses in CHINA.

Still think Hillaryous Clinton will get the nod, over Joe, in the coming weeks.
The smartest thing the DummycRATs could do would be to make Joe Biden an offer he can't refuse. Time for Joe to take one for the team.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

On religion and the 2024 Presidential race, let's listen to this question and answer:

https://twitter.com/DecodingFoxNews/sta ... 6329677837

So? How does he pray?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:07 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:28 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:19 am
a fan wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:37 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:55 pm OMG! The EUroburghers might have to prepare to defend themselves. How much of their GDP will that cost them ?
I'm 100% on the same page here. 100%.
And yet it doesn’t change our role and obligations to manage cancers around the globe before they spread to us. What about those guys never changes ones own responsibilities .
Yes.
+!. As you all know, I'm tired of footing the bill to keep the world safe. EU nations and the UK are perfectly capable of building ships, planes, and weapons. We've been letting them spend money on their own people, who enjoy free health care, training, and education....while the American people are left to fend for themselves. I'm sick of it.
Me too. You know what I'm also sick of, my kids never cleaning their bedrooms. My daghter thinks she's conned me when she pushes all her s**t under her bed. And when I call her out she literally tilts her head and smiles at me with this smile. My problem is that stupid move still works shes been pulling from age 7 and shes going to be ten later this month...

And yet I haven't walked away from teaching my kids responsibility. This may be a horrible metaphor given the topic but is it inaccurate?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:41 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:30 pm When your illegally purchased handgun ends up in a dumpster near a school & is fished out, it's a white collar crime. Okie Dokie.
That'll be welcome news in the 'hood.
It's hasn't been ruled illegal yet. And again, the only reason it's charged as illegal....is a Federal form.

There are no laws against throwing a gun in the trash. And your party would never allow that to be illegal.
Its better to leave them in grade school bathrooms!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:56 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:58 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:43 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:04 am George C. Marshall. Yep--did great things to help Europe rebuild, but he was a Jew-hater from way back. I'm glad Truman ignored Marshall's ultimatum and went ahead with his support for a State of Israel anyway.

This is such a pipe dream. I'd love for those things in the last three paragraphs to happen too but trends, especially in the negative areas mentioned, are only going to get worse, no matter who gets elected--sad to say.
And yet it remains possible for us to weather this storm of indecency and strive to lift up those of good character, whether in politics, business, law, any walk of life.

History will be the judge, but let's understand that if the extremist autocrats of any persuasion gain power, that 'history' may be entirely and purposely false for generations to come.

We still have the capacity to reject the extremism, the indecent, in our political choices.

We have a stark opportunity to do so in 2024, just as we had in 2020.

No choice is perfect, no person unflawed, no policy without unintended consequences, but the 'character' that Admiral McRaven speaks to is provided an opportunity to prevail, uniquely, in the form of government the United States has pioneered. It's messy, often frustrating, sometimes infuriating, but it enables, with time, for that arc of history to bend toward justice unlike any other form of government.
I hear you--but I think we as a country have devolved in so many areas that any of what you are holding out hope for ain't gonna happen. We've gone too far down the road to come back from the cavernous divide in this country. Both Red and Blue are in it up their necks, and both are participating with both hands earnestly (not to mention, greedily. There's a lot more money in war than peace).
I suspect that you, too, hope that dire prediction is 'wrong' and that we come through this fractured time successfully.

Where I disagree, somewhat, is that I don't think there's anything close to an equivalence in how far 'gone' each party is toward its extremes.

One party is full on in cult mode and fully given up on democratic, small d, governance, whereas the other, however inept and sometimes corrupt and often feckless, rejects the autocratic formula.

Not that I couldn't see the hard left embracing an autocratic response to the criminality and endorsement of criminality being exhibited on the hard right, the hard left is just not remotely close to being dominant in that party. No personality cult. No cult of extremism.

Could the boomerang get them there?
Sure, but not if it's the center left and center right that sways the difference.

But man, we really need to get rid of gerrymandering and we really need some regulation of social media, especially removal of protection from lawsuits.
Some keep ignoring how every time Bernie Sanders gets froggy around election time they beat him into his corner like a rented mule. Just keep pretending those post super tuesday blowouts of the guy and the way we all laughed at populist joke Elisabeth Warren staying in the primary until June last time around. (cant believe she even taught kids at harvard for years given the cariacture I've seen for like 15yrs now, not 3)

But false equivalencies die slow when it's the last leg many have to stand on.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:54 pm The law behind the paperwork form is that it is illegal for addicts to purchase a gun.

Had he not lied on the form, he would not have been permitted to purchase the gun.

The paperwork form is part of the enforcement mechanism. If he was an addict, it was illegal to purchase & possess the gun.

Where's the support for gun control, dismissing it as a mere paperwork crime ?

The woman living with him felt it was dangerous enough to dispose of the gun, in a reckless manner.

It was not a mere paperwork error.

The X in that box was made with ink that matches Russian made ball point pens.
The 51 retired spooks are drafting a letter explaining it.
Wasnt there a ruling from last August that barring drug addicts from owning guns is now prohibited? Rule changed.

And addict isn't actually right though it's someone convicted of using illegal drugs. But man we good with them Bill Bennett owning guns or any number of alcoholics out there. By the letter of the old law anyone who took a off script Xanax when they had a major trauma/tragedy would be excluded amongst other things. But booze, baby! And then we will have federally legal weed so what then? Psychadelics coming eventually as well. World changes, people should learn to adapt or...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:30 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:54 pm The law behind the paperwork form is that it is illegal for addicts to purchase a gun.

Had he not lied on the form, he would not have been permitted to purchase the gun.

The paperwork form is part of the enforcement mechanism. If he was an addict, it was illegal to purchase & possess the gun.

Where's the support for gun control, dismissing it as a mere paperwork crime ?

The woman living with him felt it was dangerous enough to dispose of the gun, in a reckless manner.

It was not a mere paperwork error.
Assuming he's found guilty, it will be because a jury found him, beyond a reasonable doubt, to have knowingly and intentionally falsely filed the paperwork that allowed the therefore illegal purchase of the gun. The gun itself was not illegal, but it was allegedly illegally obtained because he allegedly falsely represented his status as an addict.

This not a mere error nor is it mere paperwork, just as filing false paperwork to hide the intention of affecting the 2016 election and related tax and campaign finance law violations, is not mere error nor mere paperwork.

But the scale of Trump's crime, which has indeed been adjudicated by a jury as proven beyond a reasonable doubt, is far, far greater than an addict purchasing a gun when he was half out of his mind. Happens all the time, rarely prosecuted unless there's a related crime committed to which the gun was important. (Now, if he'd used the gun to kill someone, commit assault, etc could make an argument as to importance.)

Even more so, Trump's other indicted crimes dwarf this one.

Back to Hunter. The defense will argue that Hunter did not think he was an addict, an habitual user, at the moment of his filling out the gun purchase form. They will attempt to provide a basis for reasonable doubt as to intent.

May not be sufficient to convince a jury, but many jurors have a likelihood of having addicts in their lives who they understand were not thinking clearly when under the influence of addiction. They may have some empathy for the notion that either at the moment of filling out the form he actually thought he'd kicked it, or that he was in such denial that he simply wasn't willing to believe what anyone around him would have said about his state of addiction. And they may see his later recovery an admissions of addiction as coming from a very different time and perspective, having come to grips with the reality of his addiction.

Or they'll find that implausible and convict. Or they'd disagree and be hung.

In either case, the crime is a matter of false representation to the government.

Tax avoidance is obviously white collar.

Note that Trump needed to be found to have had the intent to make illegal false representations AND that he intended it to benefit his Presidential campaign. They found both beyond a reasonable doubt. 34 times.
And while there's no doubt Hunter is one, I seriously doubt a lot of folks here could truly define addiction and understand that defintion appropriately. That guy sucks throw him in a hole so we can move on though.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:17 pm

Yep. That's right.

It's still white collar. And that's all I'm claiming.

Why don't you give up on this Hunter thing? He's not a politician. He committed the type of crime you think is no big deal: "victimless crime"...your words, not mine.

He's got no connection to Joe with these crimes.

So why are you wasting your time on here trying to convince us that this is the worst crime ever, while previously lecturing to us that felonies that were committed by Republicans are just no big deal?

Just let it go, and discuss more interesting things, and keep you and I from, as you put it----going "round and round".
false equivalencies is the game - just ask Lemmy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_JF8oSxXtM
old salt

Post by old salt »

FTR -- I was ok with the diversion on the gun charge. Weiss did not want to prosecute for the gun or for taxes. Hunter blew it by insisting on blanket immunity beyond the current charges. Hunter had an easy way out. He brought this on himself & his family.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:49 am On religion and the 2024 Presidential race, let's listen to this question and answer:

So? How does he pray?
I have no idea how Joe Biden prays. My mom was as hard core Catholic as they come. The very minute Joe Biden became pro abortion as an allegedly Catholic he whizzed all over his church. I spent my 4 years at Cardinal Mooney HS being indoctrinated to life beginning at conception. Joe Biden is the sorry ass excuse for the modern day version of the Catholic Church. Abortion is murder... there was never any ambiguity in that fact when I was a student at Cardinal Mooney High School. One good things about Muslims, they don't determine their religious philosophy based on public opinion . They NEVER compromise their religious beliefs based upon public opinion. This could have a lot to do why the Catholic Church is circling the drain to irrelevantcy. I'm glad my mom never lived long enough to see the Catholic Church she idolized turn into the abomination it has evolved into today. It would have been a cold day in hell before my Irish Catholic mom would have agreed with abortion not being murder. Unless I'm totally wrong in the eyes of the Catholic Church life begins at conception. How old fashioned are they?? WWJD?? Any of you folks on this forum care to express your opinion? Was Jesus pro choice?? I think not... :roll: :roll:
Bob Ross:
DMac

Post by DMac »

Seka does Bill.
I think this guy is pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciqDguZtXAc
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:03 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:49 am On religion and the 2024 Presidential race, let's listen to this question and answer:

So? How does he pray?
I have no idea how Joe Biden prays. My mom was as hard core Catholic as they come. The very minute Joe Biden became pro abortion as an allegedly Catholic he whizzed all over his church. I spent my 4 years at Cardinal Mooney HS being indoctrinated to life beginning at conception. Abortion is murder... there was never any ambiguity in that fact when I was a student at Cardinal Mooney High School. One good things about Muslims, they don't determine their religious philosophy based on public opinion . They NEVER compromise their religious beliefs based upon public opinion. This could have a lot to do why the Catholic Church is circling the drain to irrelevantcy. I'm glad my mom never lived long enough to see the Catholic Church she idolized turn into the abomination it has evolved into today. It would have been a cold day in hell before my Irish Catholic mom would have agreed with abortion not being murder. Unless I'm totally wrong in the eyes of the Catholic Church life begins at conception. How old fashioned are they?? WWJD?? Any of you folks on this forum care to express your opinion? Was Jesus pro choice?? I think not... :roll: :roll:
As a tool of the late Roman Empire to control its population and employed for the same purpose since, the Roman Catholic Church has always been an abomination.

Interesting you acknowledge the indoctrination but don’t seem to question it and any motivation behind it.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:12 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:03 am

So? How does he pray?
I have no idea how Joe Biden prays. My mom was as hard core Catholic as they come. The very minute Joe Biden became pro abortion as an allegedly Catholic he whizzed all over his church. I spent my 4 years at Cardinal Mooney HS being indoctrinated to life beginning at conception. Abortion is murder... there was never any ambiguity in that fact when I was a student at Cardinal Mooney High School. One good things about Muslims, they don't determine their religious philosophy based on public opinion . They NEVER compromise their religious beliefs based upon public opinion. This could have a lot to do why the Catholic Church is circling the drain to irrelevantcy. I'm glad my mom never lived long enough to see the Catholic Church she idolized turn into the abomination it has evolved into today. It would have been a cold day in hell before my Irish Catholic mom would have agreed with abortion not being murder. Unless I'm totally wrong in the eyes of the Catholic Church life begins at conception. How old fashioned are they?? WWJD?? Any of you folks on this forum care to express your opinion? Was Jesus pro choice?? I think not... :roll: :roll:
As a tool of the late Roman Empire to control its population and employed for the same purpose since, the Roman Catholic Church has always been an abomination.

Interesting you acknowledge the indoctrination but don’t seem to question it and any motivation behind it.
That could be the same indoctrination young Muslim children learn. I was fortunate in some respect. I chose to question my Catholic upbringing and walk away from my beliefs that I was raised with. Of course I questioned it. I questioned it enough to walk away from it. I have never looked back but I do respect that my Catholic faith did make me a better person. FTR my motivation you referred to came from having a mother who was as devout an Irish Catholic girl as ever lived.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:03 am life begins at conception.
Fully supported by science. To claim anything else is absurd.
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:03 am Was Jesus pro choice?
In the sense that those who created the misnomer intended, who want the killing of human life in the womb to be legal? Most assuredly not. Every opportunity Jesus had to comment/make statements on the Ten Commandments, he affirmed them.

"You know the commandments, do not murder..." Gospel of Mark, 10th chapter, 19th verse.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:41 am
In the sense that those who created the misnomer intended, who want the killing of human life in the womb to be legal? Most assuredly not. Every opportunity Jesus had to comment/make statements on the Ten Commandments, he affirmed them.

"You know the commandments, do not murder..." Gospel of Mark, 10th chapter, 19th verse.
Sorry but I spent my years in a Catholic High School being indoctrinated in Catholic Dogma. We were all collectively brainwashed into that life begins at conception thing. I have no freaking idea what Catholic Dogma is today. I can guarantee damn tee that in 1973 to 1976 abortion was considered murder by the Catholic Church. I do know one thing, my Irish Catholic very liberal and lifelong fanatical Democrat mom hated abortion. My mom would have no place in the Democrat on party of today. You can no longer be a liberal Democrat anymore who is pro life. When and how did that happen?? WWJD and WWJ have to say. :roll:
Bob Ross:
OuttaNowhereWregget

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:55 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:41 am

Sorry but I spent my years in a Catholic High School being indoctrinated in Catholic Dogma. We were all collectively brainwashed into that life begins at conception thing. I have no freaking idea what Catholic Dogma is today. I can guarantee damn tee that in 1973 to 1976 abortion was considered murder by the Catholic Church. I do know one thing, my Irish Catholic very liberal and lifelong fanatical Democrat mom hated abortion. My mom would have no place in the Democrat on party of today. You can no longer be a liberal Democrat anymore who is pro life. When and how did that happen?? WWJD and WWJ have to say. :roll:
We are in total agreement on this topic.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Except that Cradle “walked away” and describes this concept as “indoctrination “ and “brainwashed”.

It’s challenging to change what has early on been drummed into us as articles of faith, but that’s what they are. And all that they are.

Which is generally fine as guideposts for how one should live one’s own life.

But it’s not ok to demand that others Must follow these same guideposts, Must share the same beliefs, Must kneel to the same dogma, etc, by force of government.

At least not in America.

Dominionists disagree.
Have you donated to Turning Point yet?
OuttaNowhereWregget

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:19 am Except that Cradle “walked away” and describes this concept as “indoctrination “ and “brainwashed”.

It’s challenging to change what has early on been drummed into us as articles of faith, but that’s what they are. And all that they are.

Which is generally fine as guideposts for how one should live one’s own life.

But it’s not ok to demand that others Must follow these same guideposts, Must share the same beliefs, Must kneel to the same dogma, etc, by force of government.

At least not in America.

Dominionists disagree.
Have you donated to Turning Point yet?
There are a whole host of erroneous doctrines historically taught by the Roman Catholics. I applaud C&S for walking away. But life at conception is a scientific fact which has nothing whatsoever to do with dogma.

Return to “POLITICS”