Navy 2025

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Abr2016

Re: Navy 2025

Post by Abr2016 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:59 am
Abr2016 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:20 am
TheGoat1999 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:32 am Well Done Coach Phipps.....Finally allowed to be an Offensive Coordinator under one of most empowering Head Coaches in the game.

Amplo is an egotistical maniac that would never empower his Assistant Coaches to this level.

My understanding the OC Pay Band is between 210-230K plus Camps and we cannot select somebody and it's May 26.

Let's GO JOE !
That salary is insane, if it is true. I don't understand why we haven't gotten someone yet.
The goat1999 uses entirely too much confirmation bias, respectfully. Phipps had the keys to O at Gtown, nothing to write home about. The O at MD was stale, and mediocre at best. A team like the Terps 'should' be playing each memorial weekend.

And yes, I agree TIlls is a great coach and I also agree Amplo has another side.

I wanna see docs on the pay scale...maybe if they are elevated to Associate Coach after a term with incentives and PL honors?

I was going to apply, but they mandated prior College Coaching Experience, they need fresh blood, vision, and an ability to challenge the current staff and their 'system', so much so, they are threatened you are their replacement. I'd implement offense that would have Amplo and Orsen throwing punches with one anther at practice. :lol:
Huh? The offenses at Georgetown were VERY good. They were like top 10 in the country in adjusted efficiency for 3 years. Did you see them the years before too? Also, this years Terps team did not have Memorial Day Weekend talent on offense. It was an impressive run.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Abr2016 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 11:44 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:59 am
Abr2016 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:20 am
TheGoat1999 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:32 am Well Done Coach Phipps.....Finally allowed to be an Offensive Coordinator under one of most empowering Head Coaches in the game.

Amplo is an egotistical maniac that would never empower his Assistant Coaches to this level.

My understanding the OC Pay Band is between 210-230K plus Camps and we cannot select somebody and it's May 26.

Let's GO JOE !
That salary is insane, if it is true. I don't understand why we haven't gotten someone yet.
The goat1999 uses entirely too much confirmation bias, respectfully. Phipps had the keys to O at Gtown, nothing to write home about. The O at MD was stale, and mediocre at best. A team like the Terps 'should' be playing each memorial weekend.

And yes, I agree TIlls is a great coach and I also agree Amplo has another side.

I wanna see docs on the pay scale...maybe if they are elevated to Associate Coach after a term with incentives and PL honors?

I was going to apply, but they mandated prior College Coaching Experience, they need fresh blood, vision, and an ability to challenge the current staff and their 'system', so much so, they are threatened you are their replacement. I'd implement offense that would have Amplo and Orsen throwing punches with one anther at practice. :lol:
Huh? The offenses at Georgetown were VERY good. They were like top 10 in the country in adjusted efficiency for 3 years. Did you see them the years before too? Also, this years Terps team did not have Memorial Day Weekend talent on offense. It was an impressive run.
Yes, I watched them. You are helping me make my point.....Gtown had the talent and grad transfers to get those numbers. And yes, Terps were finding their way this year without a couple guys to make a difference...one could argue had they not had Wierman they may not have been as successful.

My point, is that most teams are only as good as the players they have, unless the coach knows how to get the most out of who he has to work with. That is, unless you have an ability to extract more out of each player by seeing what others in the locker room do not.

Sure...easier said than done, I know this, but to your point, what TIlls did with this team was exemplary...THAT is what separates the good from the great. Not some guy that just does the same thing they only know how to do b/c its the way they played or were taught...and especially one that does not listen to others.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Alright, folks! People may not agree with me on the first part of this post. However, I totally understand why Navy didn't promote Ryan Wellner from within in 2019. Not only was his resume not nearly as good as it is now, but YES, it would have been a bit awkward to hire the top assistant of the head coach who was just fired. However, now, with his work at ND, his resume is about as good as any other assistant in the game, and even better than some current DI head coaches. Should the Navy job open within the next few years, the athletic department might likely look at Wellner in a different way.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

He was not just an Assistant, he was elevated to "Associate Head Coach". I suppose in true fashion, the Captain goes down with the ship, and in this case they both did. It was in poor taste when they had him chauffer candidates to and from the yard, when he was also applying. Might say a bit more about upper management? I could be wrong...
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

gymman1031 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 1:46 pm Alright, folks! People may not agree with me on the first part of this post. However, I totally understand why Navy didn't promote Ryan Wellner from within in 2019. Not only was his resume not nearly as good as it is now, but YES, it would have been a bit awkward to hire the top assistant(associate head coach) of the head coach who was just fired. However, now, with his work at ND, his resume is about as good as any other assistant in the game, and even better than some current DI head coaches. Should the Navy job open within the next few years, the athletic department might likely look at Wellner in a different way.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 2:30 pm He was not just an Assistant, he was elevated to "Associate Head Coach". I suppose in true fashion, the Captain goes down with the ship, and in this case they both did. It was in poor taste when they had him chauffer candidates to and from the yard, when he was also applying. Might say a bit more about upper management? I could be wrong...
My bad. He had the title of "associate head coach". But, regardless, he was still in the position of top assistant.
camskidamski

Post by camskidamski »

Any rumors on who is taking the OC job? Any names that have applied/gotten interviews?
lorin

Post by lorin »

camskidamski wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 4:52 pm Any rumors on who is taking the OC job? Any names that have applied/gotten interviews?
No one interviewed , Cotle coming back
laxdadj

Post by laxdadj »

Lorin - always love your comments!!
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Still saying Andrew Stimmel.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

By the way, I just heard Amplo has a child who attends Navy.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

I hope at least some of will agree with me that Amplo will have a chance to prove more in 2025 than he has so far:

-So many seniors graduated.
-So many more of the regular players will be Amplo's recruits.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Breaking: @NavyMLax to Name High Point’s @CoachKBROS as Next Offensive Coordinator

https://x.com/terencefoy/status/1798133 ... EO2hFStaxg
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

AreaLax wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:34 pm Breaking: @NavyMLax to Name High Point’s @CoachKBROS as Next Offensive Coordinator

Sounds like he could prove to be a good hire!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Welcome aboard, Coach!!
~Livy

Abr2016

Post by Abr2016 »

AreaLax wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:34 pm Breaking: @NavyMLax to Name High Point’s @CoachKBROS as Next Offensive Coordinator

Do not want this to come across as disrespectful but I am very surprised considering the salary that was floated out there. Can anyone who knows Coach fill me in here?

Welcome to Naptown!
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

How many coaches does the Naval Academy employ? And, to that point, what is Blake Miller's role? The guy played professionally, played on Team USA and he can't be the OC? Too many cooks in the kitchen...
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

FMUBart wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:28 am How many coaches does the Naval Academy employ? And, to that point, what is Blake Miller's role? The guy played professionally, played on Team USA and he can't be the OC? Too many cooks in the kitchen...
Navy currently has four total coaches. Blake, who just finished his first season as a full-time assistant, helps out with the offense, I believe. Their staff is pretty normal-sized.
Abr2016

Post by Abr2016 »

FMUBart wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:28 am How many coaches does the Naval Academy employ? And, to that point, what is Blake Miller's role? The guy played professionally, played on Team USA and he can't be the OC? Too many cooks in the kitchen...
I find that very odd as well. He’s been there 4 years I believe.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Now that Navy's new OC has been found, what is the top question for the program now?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”