Way too early top 20

D3 Mens Lacrosse
callaxdad

Re: Way too early top 20

Post by callaxdad »

Jumbo wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:46 pmwhat?
What what? Remember, your previous posts are readily available!! So don’t what me.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

choochooCharlie wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:56 pm
Don’t mind him, he’s on the struggle bus still.
Says choochooDickie who’s on the short bus!! Bahaha!!

I’m on cloud 9 after Tufts put a beat down on D3 as their bus cruised to the Natty!! Roll Bos!!
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

callaxdad wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:32 pm
What what? Remember, your previous posts are readily available!! So don’t what me.
ok. with your logic, i am jealous of tufts because my profile name? so that means you are jealous of lax dads? why are you jealous of lax dads??
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

For those who would like to suggest that Tufts had an easy road in the playoffs, consider this… Tufts is the first program in DIIII history to raise the trophy without playing a single home playoff game. Furthermore, over the course of 17 days, they spent 13 on the road, practiced or played in five different stadiums, stayed in four different hotels and traveled nearly 2000 miles on buses and vans to capture their 4th National Championship!

In addition to losing in the NESCAC quarterfinals, they could’ve used any of the above as excuses but instead they banded together on the bus to win a Natty!! Roll Bos!!
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Jumbo wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:56 pm
ok. with your logic, i am jealous of tufts because my profile name? so that means you are jealous of lax dads? why are you jealous of lax dads??
Except I don’t hate on, am not overly critical of and am not jealous of lax dads….swing and a miss!!! Roll Bos (as in Jumbos!)!!
Last edited by callaxdad on Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

callaxdad wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:14 pm
Jumbo wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:56 pm
Except I don’t hate, and am not jealous of, lax dads….swing and a miss!!! Roll Bos (as in Jumbos!)!!
Although, to be fair, your handle is Jumbo, singular rather than plural so maybe you’re referring to something personal rather than your TDS, which is real! Roll Bos!!
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

callaxdad wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:12 pm Tufts is the first program in DIIII history to raise the trophy without playing a single home playoff game. Furthermore, over the course of 17 days, they spent 13 on the road, practiced or played in five different stadiums, stayed in four different hotels and traveled nearly 2000 miles on buses and vans to capture their 4th National Championship!

In addition to losing in the NESCAC quarterfinals, they could’ve used any of the above as excuses
Sounds like one of their overly defensive fans just did.

Prior to RIT, they faced the lessor of each of the potential foes along the way. Meaning they had an easier path. Meaning they were less beaten up come the final. Meaning you’re wrong. It is what it is.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

choochooCharlie wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:33 pm
callaxdad wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:12 pm Tufts is the first program in DIIII history to raise the trophy without playing a single home playoff game. Furthermore, over the course of 17 days, they spent 13 on the road, practiced or played in five different stadiums, stayed in four different hotels and traveled nearly 2000 miles on buses and vans to capture their 4th National Championship!

In addition to losing in the NESCAC quarterfinals, they could’ve used any of the above as excuses

Prior to RIT, they faced the lessor of each of the potential foes along the way. Meaning they had an easier path. Meaning they were less beaten up come the final. Meaning you’re wrong. It is what it is.
Uh, Mr. Dumaass, there was no need for excuses, we won the Natty Jackwagon!!! What part of that don't you understand? Nevermind, you wouldn't understand. However, nice attempt to try and minimize a Natty!! Freaking Natty choochooPutzie!! NATTY!!! It is what it is....sorry you're butt hurt.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

callaxdad wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:29 pm

Uh, Mr. Dumaass, there was no need for excuses, we won the Natty Jackwagon!!! What part of that don't you understand? Nevermind, you wouldn't understand. However, nice attempt to try and minimize a Natty!! Freaking Natty choochooPutzie!! NATTY!!! It is what it is....sorry you're butt hurt.
:lol: When you put it that way, you and ah23 and UnknownParticipant are absolutely right. The Tufts fans, players and staff who you represent here are clearly humble, mild mannered, upstanding individuals.

I’ve never seen someone quite so happy for a win by a team they aren’t personally rostered on. Are you by chance living vicariously?

#RollCats #CNUupDumbosDown
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

choochooCharlie wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:25 pm
callaxdad wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:29 pm

:lol: When you put it that way, you and ah23 and UnknownParticipant are absolutely right. The Tufts fans, players and staff who you represent here are clearly humble, mild mannered, upstanding individuals.

I’ve never seen someone quite so happy for a win by a team they aren’t personally rostered on. Are you by chance living vicariously?

#RollCats #CNUupDumbosDown
That’s the best you can do? Lame. Anyway, oh so green with envy (and just plain green behind the ears!), it’s so fun tormenting and totally messing with you!! Love it when your holier than thou attitude shines thru once again and you revert to your lectures and critique of people/groups or people you don’t know. You’re a Jacka$$!! Haha.

I apologize to those who wish for the good old days of the NESCAC forum. Can’t say I blame you but, it is what it is.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:35 pm the odds of the underdog winning the game before playing every tufts game is very low.
Sure, but…they won the national championship. You are what your results say you are. I’d have a hard time ranking the national champion anywhere other than #1 heading into the next season unless they lost a ton of guys and a different team had a compelling reason to be ahead of them. That isn’t the case here.

The ‘easier road’ thing…come on. It’s both partially true and a very silly thing to fixate on. Salisbury/Wesleyan/St. Lawrence had the exact same opportunity to take that easier road and didn’t. RIT got to avoid a team that beat them twice this year because of an upset. It happens. That’s pretty much it.
LacrosseGuy804

Post by LacrosseGuy804 »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:06 pm
MVPiccoli wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:00 am Some great teams, followed by some recent performers, followed by some standard names that deserve it, followed by some old guard names that don't
Nailed it! I will say the talent pipeline to CNU is strong. A few transfers I heard rumor of will contribute next season and they do have young talent that will keep them in the top 5 convo but they need to put it together once and for all.
Unless CNU brings in a really strong freshman class, they don't have the chops from the returning players to compete on offense outside of #2 and #47. #40 should also be a force if he can figure out how to effectively use his size to his advantage. They have to replace 352 points (208 G and 144 A) for all the guys that left. Outside of the 1st Mid line, the 2nd line didn't get a lot of reps to be able to assess potential. Defense is going to have to replace #18, #35, #50, and especially #56. They have last years underclass long pole transfers #45 and #62 returning in addition to LSM #21 and converted SSDMs #10 and #60. #57 in goal probably will have some competition to earn the starting goalie job. #41 at X should see most of the face-offs unless the incoming transfer can compete. But lots of holes to fill.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

:roll:
LacrosseGuy804 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:08 pm
MVPiccoli wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:00 am Some great teams, followed by some recent performers, followed by some standard names that deserve it, followed by some old guard names that don't
Nailed it! I will say the talent pipeline to CNU is strong. A few transfers I heard rumor of will contribute next season and they do have young talent that will keep them in the top 5 convo but they need to put it together once and for all.
Unless CNU brings in a really strong freshman class, they don't have the chops from the returning players to compete on offense outside of #2 and #47. #40 should also be a force if he can figure out how to effectively use his size to his advantage. They have to replace 352 points (208 G and 144 A) for all the guys that left. Outside of the 1st Mid line, the 2nd line didn't get a lot of reps to be able to assess potential. Defense is going to have to replace #18, #35, #50, and especially #56. They have last years underclass long pole transfers #45 and #62 returning in addition to LSM #21 and converted SSDMs #10 and #60. #57 in goal probably will have some competition to earn the starting goalie job. #41 at X should see most of the face-offs unless the incoming transfer can compete. But lots of holes to fill.
CNU had a solid 2022 and 2023 recruit class. they will be fine. don’t know if it is enough to knock off salisbury. but they will be a strong competitor
LacrosseGuy804

Post by LacrosseGuy804 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:13 pm :roll:
CNU had a solid 2022 and 2023 recruit class. they will be fine. don’t know if it is enough to knock off salisbury. but they will be a strong competitor
On offense, very few of those guys from 2022 and 2023 even saw the field. They had zero impact except for #2, #47. #40 showed promise this year. Who else are you thinking about?
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

LacrosseGuy804 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:38 pm
Laxattackjack wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:13 pm :roll:
On offense, very few of those guys from 2022 and 2023 even saw the field. They had zero impact except for #2, #47. #40 showed promise this year. Who else are you thinking about?
Not a lot of returning guys had an impact last year since they were sitting behind All-Americans like Brendes, Miller, Cook, and Auslander. Not a lot of wiggle room to crack into a lineup like that.

Next year will definitely having growing pains but I still believe it will be a reload type scenario as opposed to a rebuild. MT has been bringing in talented recruiting classes so he will have guys who are ready to fill the spots. In 2022, they lost 5 All-Americans and a bunch of role players but they still made the final 4 the following year. Talent is waiting within the roster.

Very excited to see Kevin Miller lead the offense next year. He had a few injuries early in the season and still managed to put up 50 points in a star studded offense as a freshman. I expect him to be CNU’s next guy.
Laxer757

Post by Laxer757 »

Laxguy804 seems to have a good amount of knowledge on CNU, but never anything by good to say about them, seems like a dad who is mildly upset about his son not getting much action and gets out his frustration here
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

Laxguy804 seems to have a good amount of knowledge on CNU, but never anything by good to say about them, seems like a dad who is mildly upset about his son not getting much action and gets out his frustration here
That’s pretty much 70-90% of this forum
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

laxrules wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:04 pm
I would say it is 70+% of the threads named after a single team in DIII (and DII).
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Unknown Participant wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:49 pm
I would say it is 70+% of the threads named after a single team in DIII (and DII).
And then there are us alumni for a team that actually care about the sport and although we have biases, we want to talk lacrosse.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Unknown Participant wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:49 pm
And then there are us alumni for a team that actually care about the sport and although we have biases, we want to talk lacrosse.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”