Yale v UVa - should VA bother showing up?

D1 Mens Lacrosse
jhu7276

Re: Yale v UVa - should VA bother showing up?

Post by jhu7276 »

That was a total butt kicking as the “Hoos gave the Eli’s fits”. Congrats to the Cavs...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

rasheed wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:13 pm What’s up with Yale? I’m sure, like Virginia, they’re tired but...maybe they’re pulling a UVA strategy for the big comeback
It’s a blood sport.
Cavs were in better shape at the end, maybe it’s Lars’ workout regimen.
Maybe it’s a deeper bench.
Ierlan looked spent.

Anyway.
Doesn’t matter now.

Well done Cavaliers :!: :!:
oldsportsfan

Post by oldsportsfan »

UVA showed you can lose a majority of face offs and still control the game. They did what Penn State couldn't do. Play defense and goalie make some stops
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Would you please fix the Princeton mistake that I pointed out earlier? (last championship in 2001, not 1992).
HoosBaby

Post by HoosBaby »

Well Rasheed, I'd comment about how it isn't nice to disrespect anyone. Instead I'll just show you.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1133084957621063680
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

jhu7276 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:56 pm That was a total butt kicking as the “Hoos gave the Eli’s fits”. Congrats to the Cavs...
Is Handsome Dan sweating yet? :D
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

oldsportsfan wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:59 pm UVA showed you can lose a majority of face offs and still control the game. They did what Penn State couldn't do. Play defense and goalie make some stops
It's a matter of how competitive you are facing off....Tambroni went away from Arceri too soon. Not that he would have won more but the battles would have been more competitive...breaks up the rhythm.....TD didn't dominate UVA like he did Penn State. I know what the eyeball test tells me.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Congrats to UVA players, staff and fans.

Wonderful performance, clearly the better team
DMac

Post by DMac »

Sure wasn't much question about who the better team was today, wow, Virginia put on an exhibition, a clinic worthy of a young laxer to watch over and over again. Their intensity was incredible all over the field, Yale looked stunned and not ready for the heat the Cavaliers brought. Congrats Cavaliers, well done.
The Cavaliers were just flat out better at every position, those Bulldogs couldn't sink their teeth into the Cav's O, couldn't guard their yard, Cavs just ran by them all day. At the other end the D just shut them down, wouldn't let them do much of anything.
Really gotta wonder if working your FOGO like a rented mule all season doesn't come back to haunt you on Memorial Day. TD wasn't the TD we saw for most of the season today. Might have hurt Yale a little but in reality, probably not, Va's D just shut Yale's O end off today. You bring the ball down there and odds are you weren't going to do much with it anyway. Between the D and GK you aint gettin nuthin at that end.
Was a good game.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

CU77 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:02 pmWould you please fix the Princeton mistake that I pointed out earlier? (last championship in 2001, not 1992).
Amended. In the future, either quote us or PM us directly. We don't read every post in every thread.
random observer

Post by random observer »

TD still won like 75% of the faceoffs against one of the better FOGOs in the nation, and he was over 90% in the second half. Maybe they weren't all clean, but it was business as usual for TD. The difference was the offense wasn't capitalizing today.
HowieT3

Post by HowieT3 »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:32 pm
smoova wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:30 pm
reLAX wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:14 pm
DMac wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:11 pm Hope Lars brought some smelling salts for his boys, sure needs something to wake them up and get 'em moving a little bit. Better bring a whole lot more energy to the field than they did in the first half or it's going to be a long afternoon for them. Far from the most exciting semi finals lacrosse I've ever seen, the girl's games offered a whole lot more.....faster and much more intensity. Gotta up your game, fellas.
Shouldn’t have been there anyway. Not final four caliber
From the Duke/UVa thread, but I'll just leave it here ...
Missed it earlier - thanks for sharing that gem. :lol:
I guess we'll be required to tape a big paper asterisk onto our trophy.
52 70 72 99
03 06 11 19 21
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

Virginia looked like the fresher team by far, Yale was empty, and Rode was the best player on the field
durpadurp

Post by durpadurp »

I wonder if TD will be transferring to UVa now... :lol:
shoothi

Post by shoothi »

Yale was physically out matched. Virginia delivered some hits to the much smaller Yale team.

Finally the refs let some contact back into the game.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

HowieT3 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:19 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:32 pm
smoova wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:30 pm
reLAX wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:14 pm
DMac wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:11 pm Hope Lars brought some smelling salts for his boys, sure needs something to wake them up and get 'em moving a little bit. Better bring a whole lot more energy to the field than they did in the first half or it's going to be a long afternoon for them. Far from the most exciting semi finals lacrosse I've ever seen, the girl's games offered a whole lot more.....faster and much more intensity. Gotta up your game, fellas.
Shouldn’t have been there anyway. Not final four caliber
From the Duke/UVa thread, but I'll just leave it here ...
Missed it earlier - thanks for sharing that gem. :lol:
I guess we'll be required to tape a big paper asterisk onto our trophy.
That kind of fits. The asterisk has always been 1990.

Now we can emphasize the 19 in 1990.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

glad the 'hoos didn't have to catch the other half of the bracket.

national champs, luck shined on us. thank you, committee.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

random observer wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:18 pm ... TD still won like 75% of the faceoffs against one of the better FOGOs in the nation, and he was over 90% in the second half...
I'm curious to see the boxscore and the exact numbers. People love heroes and scapegoats. We recognize that this is a team sport with a lot of moving parts and then the game ends and we're like... Who was the MVP?! All over the field, UVA was great. Yale was great in the middle third with face-offs and... Anywhere else? Bottomline, UVA was great.

Anyone else hear that Ierlan is transferring to UVA for his final year? (...That's a joke. I 100% made it up. :) Sorry.)
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”