Tewaaraton Award 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Finster

Re: Tewaaraton Award 2024

Post by Finster »

BigTurn wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:30 am Haha knew this one was coming. Because one game of PLL performance is definitely super telling when it comes to recognizing performance over the entire college season. Laughable

Numbers don’t lie.

Scoreboard.

NCAA will need to make this up to Shellenberger.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

Finster wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:25 pm
BigTurn wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:30 am Haha knew this one was coming. Because one game of PLL performance is definitely super telling when it comes to recognizing performance over the entire college season. Laughable

Numbers don’t lie.

Scoreboard.

You’re right, the numbers don’t lie. P Kav had 4 less points in one less game while averaging 4.7 ppg (which Shelly also averaged). He also had more gballs, more cto’s, and had nearly half the turnovers (25 vs 42). Pat shot 30% on the year and Shelly shot 29%. Oh yea, Pat also won a second straight natty. Scoreboard.

The tewaaraton is not based on PLL performance. Suggesting PLL performance somehow confirms/refutes validity of a tewy winner is incredibly dumb. Shelly could become the greatest lacrosse player of all time, and he still would not deserve the tewaaraton over Pat for 2024.
BetweenTheLines

Post by BetweenTheLines »

Numbers don’t lie.

Scoreboard.

Scoreboard? Numbers? All in Kav's favor this year...

Once upon a time, I thought you had reasonable things to say. Now, you've sunk to pure trolling. Good luck in your advocacy to the NCAA.

✌ onto the mute list with Hooz.
2023 2024
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Reminder the Tewie is not an NCAA sponsored award
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

Congrats to Pat Kavanagh a deserving winner, however let's call it what it is. The attack man of the year award, no other position has any shot of winning, with the exception of an offensive middle that in reality plays attack.

Personally I feel like it gets way too much hype in the ultimate team sport.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

xxxxxxx wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:17 am Congrats to Pat Kavanagh a deserving winner, however let's call it what it is. The attack man of the year award, no other position has any shot of winning, with the exception of an offensive middle that in reality plays attack.

They keep saying it's the Heisman Trophy of lacrosse... I guess they're right. :D
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

BetweenTheLines wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:10 pm
Numbers don’t lie.

Scoreboard.

Once upon a time, I thought you had reasonable things to say. Now, you've sunk to pure trolling. Good luck in your advocacy to the NCAA.

Jeez! I Think Finster''s a Cuse fan & it's just his own personal opinion. They aren't taking the award from Kavanaugh regardless, so you could always just disagree with him and leave it at that. I would hardly call his posts trolling. He isn't always correct, but he does recognize good lacrosse.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

The first einner was Doug Shanahan a do everything middie from Hofstra i think. It was not intended ti be an award for the best stats rather the best player regardless of position. The award has evolved since then.
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

OCanada wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:57 pm The first einner was Doug Shanahan a do everything middie from Hofstra i think. It was not intended ti be an award for the best stats rather the best player regardless of position. The award has evolved since then.
Four middies won in the first nine years. None since.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

blue angels wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:39 pm
BetweenTheLines wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:10 pm
Numbers don’t lie.

Scoreboard.

Jeez! I Think Finster''s a Cuse fan & it's just his own personal opinion. They aren't taking the award from Kavanaugh regardless, so you could always just disagree with him and leave it at that. I would hardly call his posts trolling. He isn't always correct, but he does recognize good lacrosse.
Yeah the guy is really into it. He just has that 27 yr old post MBA in going to run this world energy about it. We all did at some point. And old folks or bosses would cage er rein us in - the rabbi types with empathy the rest like bad fathers.

LPs old folks used to have a lot more empathy but those days are frankly mostly dead now.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

I know that this topic has been beaten to death through 36 pages, but I always feel that I have something to add, even when it’s a last whack on a poor dead horse.

Lacrosse is a team game. There are 10 guys on the field at once.

But you’d better have at least 4 championship caliber (CC) Attackmen – ideally a feeder, a dodger, and a shooter who mesh like precision gears, and a swiss army knife guy who can come in and keep the concept working. You’d need at least 6 CC offensive middies, a sturdy FOGO who can win better than half the time against all but the very best D1 FOGOs, maybe a solid backup as well, Plus you’ll need some exceptional Face-off wings, but these can be drawn from:

A pool of at least 3 really exceptional SSDMs. I played D and I can’t imagine how anyone can do that with a shortie, so I personally would award the Tewie to the best SSDM in the nation – but that’s just me.
An LSM and 4 CC Poles
A great goalie.
That’s 20 dudes that ALL need to excel against competition that are all equally gifted and equally driven.

That’s a TEAM that can win out in May.

If there is one Defender who runs like a marionette or middie who sometimes lofts his passes or attackman who can’t hit a corner while under duress, the whole team is diminished. You need 20 really good, really committed players to win a ‘ship.

Sometimes the best player in the nation is on that team. Sometimes not. Sometimes the best player in the nation is buried on a team with just 10 or 15 CC players. Being on a team that wins a Natty should not be considered as a criteria at all in the Tewie consideration.
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

I don’t see a Duke thread so I am going to post this here..

Last night shows what happens when you let a talent like Brennan O’Neill play freely instead of boxing him up and forcing him to play within a system.

Brennan wasn’t playing within a system last night, he was the system. Setting picks for him, giving him space, and running the whole offense through him… Danowski needs to take some notes.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Gobigred wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:16 pm
OCanada wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:57 pm The first einner was Doug Shanahan a do everything middie from Hofstra i think. It was not intended ti be an award for the best stats rather the best player regardless of position. The award has evolved since then.
Four middies won in the first nine years. None since.
Thx. Evolution
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:51 pm
xxxxxxx wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:17 am Congrats to Pat Kavanagh a deserving winner, however let's call it what it is. The attack man of the year award, no other position has any shot of winning, with the exception of an offensive middle that in reality plays attack.

They keep saying it's the Heisman Trophy of lacrosse... I guess they're right. :D
If you watch college football ever you know how true it is with this outcome.

Suh still finished fourth in the Heisman Trophy voting behind Alabama's Mark Ingram, who took home the hardware. Toby Gerhart of Stanford came in second and Colt McCoy of Texas was third.Jan 6, 2024

If there was ever a worse beat down
I don’t think I’ve seen it, watch McCoy get some Suh in the big 12 title game.

https://youtu.be/sNVccJHluSw?si=3fra_bexOIJDEPIJ
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”