Coaching Carousel 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
youthathletics

Re: Coaching Carousel 2024

Post by youthathletics »

molo wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:52 pm Doesn’t Amplo have a child that attends USNA?
Yes
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:27 pm
molo wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:52 pm Doesn’t Amplo have a child that attends USNA?
Yes
So does half the staff
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Any word on High Point?
getitdone

Post by getitdone »

With the increased salaries of the coaches comes increased expectations. I am surprised there were not more coaches sent to the sidelines.

I thought High Point hired from within.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Breaking: @NavyMLax to Name High Point’s @CoachKBROS as Next Offensive Coordinator

https://x.com/terencefoy/status/1798133 ... EO2hFStaxg
JerrysWorld

Post by JerrysWorld »

AreaLax wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:34 pm Breaking: @NavyMLax to Name High Point’s @CoachKBROS as Next Offensive Coordinator

https://x.com/terencefoy/status/1798133 ... EO2hFStaxg
Would not have guessed this one
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

gymman's long national nightmare is over. Navy has an OC

This also confirms that the High Point HC job is indeed open. Curious the caliber of candidate they're attracting. Someone implied earlier that it may be better than expected. Relatively low-pressure gig, good weather, winnable conference. There certainly are worse jobs
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:43 pm gymman's long national nightmare is over. Navy has an OC

This also confirms that the High Point HC job is indeed open. Curious the caliber of candidate they're attracting. Someone implied earlier that it may be better than expected. Relatively low-pressure gig, good weather, winnable conference. There certainly are worse jobs
Maybe Lenoir-Rhyne coach Greg Paradine? He has done a great job in that state at the DII level.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

gymman1031 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:56 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:43 pm gymman's long national nightmare is over. Navy has an OC

Maybe Lenoir-Rhyne coach Greg Paradine? He has done a great job in that state at the DII level.
He’s done a great job at Lenoir Rhyne. It isn’t easy to win there. I will say though, his tenure at UNC was incredibly underwhelming. A fairly toxic era for that program; under achieving, party/drug culture was rampant, etc. Haus had such a great run during that tenure at his alma mater that he was fired and shipped off to Siberia (Lebanon Valley College in D3 and has been there since). I don’t know. I would just have a lot of questions about culture, etc. That era at UNC was the complete antithesis of the culture Torpey created at High Point. The returning players at HPU likely have high standards for what they want for their program (obviously they don’t hire the new coach, but just thinking aloud here).
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:19 am

He’s done a great job at Lenoir Rhyne. It isn’t easy to win there. I will say though, his tenure at UNC was incredibly underwhelming. A fairly toxic era for that program; under achieving, party/drug culture was rampant, etc. Haus had such a great run during that tenure at his alma mater that he was fired and shipped off to Siberia (Lebanon Valley College in D3 and has been there since). I don’t know. I would just have a lot of questions about culture, etc. That era at UNC was the complete antithesis of the culture Torpey created at High Point. The returning players at HPU likely have high standards for what they want for their program (obviously they don’t hire the new coach, but just thinking aloud here).
Umm what??! I guess what Paradine has accomplished at L-R is a non-sequitur? :roll:
Late Slide

Post by Late Slide »

Any thoughts on where Mike Daly might be landing?
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

FMUBart wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:53 am

Umm what??! I guess what Paradine has accomplished at L-R is a non-sequitur? :roll:
Not saying that all. The first I said was he’s done a great job there and it isn’t easy to win there. But if I were an AD and I was plugged into the sport, it would be difficult to ignore his tenure at UNC and the state of the program while he was there. Outside of LR, that tenure was the meat of his resume. You have to consider it right?
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

That was 20 years ago, and, assuming what you said is true, he was an assistant, not HC. SMH
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Late Slide wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:44 am Any thoughts on where Mike Daly might be landing?

Historically if a Brown HC doesn't graduate to UVa they go (back) to D3.
(Not Stevenson though.)
Argyle23

Post by Argyle23 »

Late Slide wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:44 am Any thoughts on where Mike Daly might be landing?
I’d pick Merrimack or an assistant coach opening. Can’t picture him at Detroit or High Point. Nothing exciting in the D3 carousel that would lure him back.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Didn’t Paradine win a championship as a player at UNC?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Keep in mind TWs tenure after running things at a similar level at Limestone. Great recruiter couldn’t keep control granted he had a poisonous and treacherous assistant backdooring him but that seems to be a general characteristic of a lot of the top D2 coaches-great recruiter and super nice guys but too loose and generally not the best Xs and Os guys?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Wouldn’t looking at an Eric Wolf if he wanted to make a move be interesting to HPU?

Or if, sorry MD, Kerwin realized he was going to have a low ceiling and not as much support as he envisioned in Hanover?
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:42 am

Keep in mind TWs tenure after running things at a similar level at Limestone. Great recruiter couldn’t keep control granted he had a poisonous and treacherous assistant backdooring him but that seems to be a general characteristic of a lot of the top D2 coaches-great recruiter and super nice guys but too loose and generally not the best Xs and Os guys?
Too loose, maybe?
Generally not good Xs and Os guys is not fair. There are a number of super talented coaches at that level. Some of which have successfully coached in all 3 divisions.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:00 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:42 am

Too loose, maybe?
Generally not good Xs and Os guys is not fair. There are a number of super talented coaches at that level. Some of which have successfully coached in all 3 divisions.
Seems to be a general characteristic of a lot would leave room for “a number of super talented coaches at that level” though wouldn’t it?

How do you feel about Sheehan and Morgan? TW was not an Xs and Os guy hit a good guy. He was closer to a Kerwick than I think folks want to admit around Geneva. Do you object to the idea that D2 plenty of D2 coaches with success fit the description above though? They aren’t mutually exclusive. But there’s a difference with D1 on that it seems was my point where a Kerwick or others could easily be be named. I recall you coaches at Presby so you should both have better info AND probably your own biases as well.

How about the d3 guys like a Stagnitta or Nelson or Daly?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”