CNU 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
choochooCharlie

Re: CNU 2024

Post by choochooCharlie »

Laxguy703 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:00 am Hearing CNU already has 3 transfers coming in next year. They are also looking at bringing in a few more.

MT definitely going all in to replace the departing talent.
Heard about the 1. Not sure how I feel about seeking out more than 3. What about the youngsters? Don’t want drama is all.
BigMoose9

Post by BigMoose9 »

Laxguy703 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:00 am Hearing CNU already has 3 transfers coming in next year. They are also looking at bringing in a few more.

Transfers from where ?
zonedef

Post by zonedef »

BigMoose9 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:36 am

Transfers from where ?
1 - FO from St Bonnie’s, saw the social media post.
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

zonedef wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:24 pm

Transfers from where ?
This^ and a HPU attackman. Not sure where the 3rd is from but I know they do have someone committed.
LILaxGuy08

Post by LILaxGuy08 »

You can go to any programs’s Instagram and look at their tagged tab for any recent commits/transfers.

Looks like Jack Martinez from Lindenwood. Great size and HS accolades.

https://lindenwoodlions.com/sports/mens ... inez/27230
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

Transfers from where ?
Had a solid year there and was tops in VA in HS
LacrosseGuy804

Post by LacrosseGuy804 »

Laxguy703 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:44 pm

Transfers from where ?
This^ and a HPU attackman. Not sure where the 3rd is from but I know they do have someone committed.
The HPU attack played at a competing high school. Incoming freshman will have a better shot at seeing the field.
aroundtheoutside

Post by aroundtheoutside »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:57 pm

Transfers from where ?
Had a solid year there and was tops in VA in HS
As good as Cabaniss is, a two-headed monster at FO would be a huge blessing for this team. There were times throughout the season were Cabaniss struggled, and anytime the depth guys came out you could almost guarantee it would be a face off lost. Let alone the risk of Warner getting injured.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

I’m looking at about 25 guys, seniors and G students who will be gone next year. Where does CNU go from here, that 5th option is just about played out. The G experiment at York, Lynchburg and CNU struck out. CNU I think had been better served by a steady progression of recruits building a great team culture( at least from the outside). Low tuition, location, good coach has been all they needed. Is next year a down year or do they advance
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:22 am I’m looking at about 25 guys, seniors and G students who will be gone next year. Where does CNU go from here, that 5th option is just about played out. The G experiment at York, Lynchburg and CNU struck out. CNU I think had been better served by a steady progression of recruits building a great team culture( at least from the outside). Low tuition, location, good coach has been all they needed. Is next year a down year or do they advance
The schools you named took advantage of the situation. Just like W&L takes advantage of being one of the top Liberal Arts schools if not the top that plays in the south. On day 1 W&L's recruiting class is better than York's, LBurg's and arguably CNU's(though I think its close). Thats an advantage. You could you say the Grad expierment failed in some ways and succeeded in others, each of these teams went toe to toe with schools that had massive recruiting advantages(Besides CNU) over them thanks to the grad years. I think you will see CNU, continue to "patch" its holes with undergrad D1 transfers(as the covid grades age out); they basically have the perfect situation for any D1 kid from VA who wants to come home, and will carry around 60-65 kids. That seems to be the norm these days at these schools. Bring in the big class, supplement your percieved holes with transfers, and have them fight it out to see who plays.I didnt say it was the correct way to do it but in the age of the transfer portal it seems almost everyone is looking(players and coaches), for and upgrade
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:22 am I’m looking at about 25 guys, seniors and G students who will be gone next year. Where does CNU go from here, that 5th option is just about played out. The G experiment at York, Lynchburg and CNU struck out. CNU I think had been better served by a steady progression of recruits building a great team culture( at least from the outside). Low tuition, location, good coach has been all they needed. Is next year a down year or do they advance
that low tuition is just for in state kids. for anyone out of state, CNU tuition is very high.
BigMoose9

Post by BigMoose9 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:22 am
that low tuition is just for in state kids. for anyone out of state, CNU tuition is very high.
Still cheap compared to basically all the competitive D3 lacrosse schools, since most are private. Just looked it up and out of state is around $40-45k. The private schools are in the $55-65k range.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

BigMoose9 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:36 am
Laxattackjack wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:22 am
Still cheap compared to basically all the competitive D3 lacrosse schools, since most are private. Just looked it up and out of state is around $40-45k. The private schools are in the $55-65k range.
private schools have lots of freedom to drop prices. state schools do not. for example. many ODAC schools have sticker prices in the 60k range, but they are quick to drop those prices do to the 30k range.

for a kid in the surrounding states that might be interested in CNU, the price is a factor.
aroundtheoutside

Without having a clue who the starting roster will be yet (and with transfers still shaking out), I think it's fruitless to try and predict the kind of season CNU will have next year. Heck, the two recent seasons ('22 and '24) that CNU was most highly touted and highly ranked, they didn't make the final four. But they did in '23 and '21 when they weren't expected to. So who the heck knows?

That said, I just think it's silly how many people seem to think that CNU was a flash in the pan because of one class of 5th years. That kind of prognosticating can only come from people who haven't paid attention to this program over the past few years. They had (arguably) their worst season in the past four when this class was in their 5th year. So it's just not that simple.

I believe MT has built a great program through recruiting and culture, and that's not going to change because Andrew Cook and Ryan Young and the others graduated. They'll have their ups and downs season to season, but I think they're a mainstay in the top 20 as long as MT is there, and will have championship potential on a pretty regular basis.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Expectations on this board have been mostly about winning a title. I have followed CNU for a number of years I felt they were a program with a lot of upside. They tout the same characteristics as Salisbury. I thought the last 3 years were their best shot. Not that they can’t going forward but just sense they will be top 10 but not in the same class as RIT Tufts and Salisbury.
LacrosseGuy804

Post by LacrosseGuy804 »

Reports coming from NN is that current D coordinator is leaving the team after 1 season. Let’s hope that MT brings on more experience in this role for next year,
aroundtheoutside

LacrosseGuy804 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:15 pm Reports coming from NN is that current D coordinator is leaving the team after 1 season. Let’s hope that MT brings on more experience in this role for next year,
I don't know anything about him but it seemed like the defensive unit underperformed this year. They were loaded with individual talent but never seemed to operate as a strong unit. Didn't help that Hanway wasn't himself this year either. Will be interesting to see who comes in for the job.
LacrosseGuy804

Post by LacrosseGuy804 »

aroundtheoutside wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:59 am
LacrosseGuy804 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:15 pm Reports coming from NN is that current D coordinator is leaving the team after 1 season. Let’s hope that MT brings on more experience in this role for next year,
I don't know anything about him but it seemed like the defensive unit underperformed this year. They were loaded with individual talent but never seemed to operate as a strong unit. Didn't help that Hanway wasn't himself this year either. Will be interesting to see who comes in for the job.
Underperformed is an under statement. They just didn’t seem to gel as a unit.
BigMoose9

Post by BigMoose9 »

Hard to bring in an experienced coach for a 2nd assistant job in D3. Id assume the salary is minimal, which is why you usually see the younger up and coming coaches take these positions. MT has plenty experience coaching the defense, as he was the DC for the Cannons last summer. I’d expect him to be more involved with the defense next year, if he wasn’t already this year.
Bananas4Laxx

Post by Bananas4Laxx »

BigMoose9 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:43 pm
Hard to bring in an experienced coach for a 2nd assistant job in D3. Id assume the salary is minimal, which is why you usually see the younger up and coming coaches take these positions. MT has plenty experience coaching the defense, as he was the DC for the Cannons last summer. I’d expect him to be more involved with the defense next year, if he wasn’t already this year.
Seems like a cop out to put the blame on the second assistant for the defense playing poorly when your HC is apparently a defensive guy….
Cnu still made it to the same spot they max out at every year..:.the elite 8. They have lost that elite 8 game numerous times due to very poor offensive outings despite having the most AAs in the country. I believe they scored 4 goals on Salisbury in one elite eight game. The FULL TIME OC still around? Maybe that’s more of the issue….

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”